Muddy

Sorcerers' Apprentice

              The blanket underneath them was soft, protecting them from the itchiness of the grass on the hill overseeing the river. Jinki had his head laying on Jonghyun’s thigh, gazing up at his face almost lazily. In the short distance away he could hear Minho and his new Owl Griffin he named Woosten. After the food had been eaten the boy went to play in the water.

              Jonghyun smiled softly as he ran his fingertips through Jinki’s hair, massaging the scalp slightly as he did so. The movements made Jinki’s eyes flutter, an easy-going smile on his face. “You look like you’re going to fall asleep, love.”

              “I very well might, Dear One.” He managed to catch Jonghyun’s hand, pulling it to his lips to press a firm kiss against his palm. “You’re very talented with your touch.”

              “Mm, our son is just down the hill, Love.”

              Twisting onto his side and pushing up until he was able to curl his hand around Jonghyun’s neck to bring him closer, Jinki smiled almost mischievously. “I don’t plan on doing anything that he hasn’t already seen, Dear One. I only desire a few kisses.”

              Jonghyun’s eyes narrowed, gaze flipping from Jinki’s own to his lips and back again. “You are very bad for business.”

              “Incredibly.”

              A soft growl rumbled in the back of Jonghyun’s throat as Jinki finally kissed him. The kisses deepened easily, a familiar warmth filling them with each additional kiss. Finally, Jonghyun pulled away, the rise and fall of chest quicker than normal as he ran his thumb over the curve of Jinki’s jaw. His words died on his tongue when he heard Minho calling them. “Dads!”

              Both their heads whipped toward the voice, worry etched on their faces until the appearance of Minho was taken into full effect. He was covered in dripping mud from head to toe, including Woosten who was prancing along beside him. Jinki covered his mouth in an attempt to stop himself from laughing too hard as Jonghyun scowled slightly. “What happened?”

              “He did it!” Minho exclaimed, gesturing to Woosten with both hands. The griffin hooted softly as if offended. “What? It was you! You tripped me and made me fall into the mud. Don’t look at me like that.”

              “I think you need to go take a quick dip in that river, Son.” Jinki barely was able to make it through the sentence without losing his held in laughter.

              “But the river smells.”

              “So do you at this point, Minho.” Jonghyun quipped.

              With an exaggerated sigh, Jinki pushed himself off the blanket and wiped his hands on his pants lightly. “Go stand over there and close your nose with your fingers.”

              “My nose? Why my nose?”

              “Do you want water shot up it, Young One?” Jinki snipped, looking up through the bits of hair that had fallen into his eyes.

              Sure enough, Minho squeezed his eyes shut as he pinched his nose. Jinki softly sang the spell and rose his fingers, causing a huge downfall of water to fall over him and Woosten. Minho gasped loudly at the cold temperature of the water crashed into him, but quickly he snapped his mouth shut once again. The water finally stopped once the mud was all washed away, running down the hill toward the river. “Did it have to be so cc-cold, Dad?”

              “Did you have to get so Muddy?” Jinki softly teased as he gathered his cloak from the ground to wrap around the shivering teenager.

              Jonghyun was shaking his head as he grabbed his bottle of juice, sipping it slowly. Minho was looking at him with wide eyes as if wishing for backup. He shrugged. “Your Dad has a point even if I know he is familiar with a warming spell as well.”

              Jinki gave a goofy grin as he wrapped his arms around Minho to warm him up a little bit.