Guarded

Sorcerers' Apprentice

Going back in time a bit to how Jongyu met ^-^

             The seemingly ancient magic supply store was almost bustling at this time of day. Jonghyun was bubbling with excitement. His Master had sent him to get the sage he needed to complete the ritual to complete his apprenticeship. The sage was kept behind the counter. As he walked toward the line he heard a soft voice to his right. “Congratulations.”

             Turning, there was a young man. He couldn’t be much older than him, maybe even younger. He had shorter hair, pushed from his forehead. His pants were black, and his shirt loose and dark blue. There was a knowing glint in his eyes, a slight grin to his plush lips. “Excuse me?”

             “On finishing your apprenticeship.” He easily replied, his gaze falling to the vision orb in his hands.

             “How could you possibly know that?”

             “I’m a prophet. I read you,” The young man’s grin grew, “Your master should have taught you to be more guarded, Jonghyun.”

             Stumbling back in shock he knocked against the table display behind him. Jonghyun had learned about those gifted with an abnormal strength of prophecy, but he had never met one. Especially someone who could read one’s name from a few feet away. When the glass shattered against the floor he snapped out of it. “Oh bollocks.”

             The young prophet tsked, “Shame. Those were nice frogs.”

             Jonghyun glared before rushing to grab as many as he could. “Well, Mr. Future teller. You didn’t foresee this?”

             “Maybe I had.” He hummed before slipping the orb into his bag and smiling sweetly. “Or maybe I wanted an excuse to spend more time with you catching these frogs.”   

             “I-”

             “The frogs Jonghyun.” He chuckled softly, “They’re getting away.”

             As they both crawled around the packed store to catch the frogs they could when they met under the table full of dried bugs. “If you wanted to know my name you didn’t have to read it from me. You could have asked.”

             “Alright, I apologize.” He grabbed another frog, sticking it into the pot he had grabbed from by the door. “What is your name, Beautiful?”

             Warmth flooded his cheeks as he shyly replied. “Jonghyun. And yours?”

             “Jinki.” He swiftly stood, offering his free hand down to help Jonghyun up. “How about I help you pay for the frogs we couldn’t catch and I can treat you to a small cake from the bakery to celebrate the end of your Apprenticeship?”

             Jonghyun held the bucket close to his chest, hand holding the plate over the top to keep the frogs in as he smiled. “Are you asking me on a date, Jinki?”

             “I very well am.”

             “Have you seen the outcome, hm?”

             Jinki laughed lightly, “No, I stopped reading you.”

             “Well, my answer is yes.”