“Take what you need.”

midnightshon's #Fictober2018
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a little after 5 in the morning when she felt the mattress shift. Followed by the dipped of her side of the bed was a warm body hovering over her, a kiss to the side of her neck, and a ‘good morning’. Wheein hummed in response, tilting her head a little as more kisses landed on her neck, up her jawline, ending at that spot near her earlobe.

 

Wheein would’ve gone back to sleep, but then she looked at the clock at the bedside table. Internally groaning, she shook the girl on top of her. “What time is your flight again?” There was no response. For a moment, Wheein thought she had gone to sleep, until she felt the girl nuzzling on her shoulder. She tried again. “Hyejin, your flight.”

 

Hyejin buried her head deeper into Wheein’s shoulder, murmuring something about her not going to be late.

 

“Okay, but you still need to wake up now. You haven’t packed.” Wheein followed her words by poking Hyejin’s side, ensuring that the girl would not fall asleep again.

 

She got it. It was still early and it was cold outside. Hyejin hates cold. Having to wake up early in the morning only to go out there being in the cold is not exactly Ahn Hyejin’s preference of an ideal morning. She had been dreading about this flight since she first got the call the previous week. Her not yet packing her luggage was one of the many evidences of her reluctant. Yet still, the flight was in—what, 4 hours? 3?

 

Wheein jabbed her side some more until she felt Hyejin wriggling away. The girl lifted up her head and held Wheein’s gaze. There was something foreign in the way she was looking at her. Part of it reminded Wheein of the younger version of Hyejin who would object doing something she did not like but was forced to anyway, but the other part… Wheein was not sure. She was not familiar with it; she had only seen it once. Last night.

 

“Help me packing,” Hyejin decided, finally, interrupting Wheein’s train of thought. “I’m gonna brush my teeth first.”

 

It did not take long. Hyejin had prepared the clothes she would bring for this trip; she just had not arranged them in her luggage. Wheein assisted her by folding half the clothes she took out from her wardrobe, while Hyejin did the rest. She handed the folded clothes to Hyejin, noticing how Hyejin had been silent throughout.

 

That until the girl groaned, failing to fit another piece of clothes in. She took it and weighed it in her hand. “Maybe I don’t need this,” she pondered on it. P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter