Burying the hatchet

Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sorry if it took me quite longer than promised but. . . . I am now back with the third chapter. Hope you'll enjoy reading. ^^

♥。・゚♡゚・。♥。・゚♡゚・。♥。・゚♡゚・。♥。・゚♡゚・。゜♥。゚♡゚・。♥。・゚♡゚・。♥。

 

"Jinyoung..." 

 

Jinyoung felt a slight movement from the head comfortably resting on top of his lap. His free hand continued to play with the older's dark brown locks. They always felt so soft against his fingers. And he knew very well that Matt enjoys it whenever he plays with his hair. Despite of the fact that Matt is older than him, well his boyfriend tends to forget that and act like he's younger than him but, Jinyoung would lie if he says he doesn't find it cute.

"Jinyoung..." He now sees a finger blocking the page number of the book he's reading. A second after, he felt the book being pulled away from his sight so he needed to raise it and keep away from Matt's grasp. 

"Hon..." Wow. His boyfriend sure is persistent. Successfully pulling his Physics book away from him, Matt is now all pouty with his head fully turned to his direction. His chinky eyes now turned into puppy one's. Jinyoung doesn't like where this is going.

"Give me some attention." Yes, Matt... his boyfriend, nineteen years of age, just did that. 

Jinyoung tried to ignore him and just reached for the book Matt was keeping on his side, but to no avail. "W-what... Matt can you stop?"

Maybe Matt can't, because now the older pouted even more. "It's our fifth anniversary and I'm not getting the love and attention which I deserve. How cruel can you be, Park Jinyoung?"

 

And with this, Jinyoung could just heave a very long sigh. Matt is correct, it is their fifth anniversary. And as usual, his boyfriend has surprised him tho Matt is bad at surprises and it's not a secret and prepared this special picnic here in Hamdeok beach. The two of them has always been fond of the beach. It's where they find peace and solace. Both of them enjoys that.

As he stared at those brown eyes, a light strucked in his head. He has an idea.

"Hon..." Jinyoung is now staring lovingly at his whining boyfriend. His hand is still playing with the older's hair while his other hand reached for Matt's cheek. "You do know that I love you... so much, right?" 

He saw how Matt gulped as he brought his face nearer, their noses almost touching. "And I will forever be thankful that God gave you to me." He kissed Matt's nose. "To love and keep forever." With one last loving glance, he touched Matt's lips with his. And just like the other times, it felt so right and magical even. Kissing Matt will always be first in his list of hobbies.

When he pulled away, Matt still has his eyes closed. So he took his chance and reached for his book which Matt no longer holds. "Now let me study in peace for I do not want to fail my final exams."

Before he went back to reading, he saw Matt pouting so he just reached for a piece of chocolate which his boyfriend loves. "Stop whining and just eat your favorite chocolate. Once I'm done, I'll give you all the love and attention which you need." 

Matt's shy smile didn't escape his sight. He saw it, and it only made him smile too. His boyfriend is cute.

 

His boyfriend was able to keep quiet for half an hour. But when he finished the whole box of chocolates, he's now back to distracting him.

Ignoring Matt's finger poking his cheeks, Jinyoung just tried real hard to focus on reading the last chapter included in their pointers. But then Matt started to talk.

"What is it that you like about me, hon?" Matt asking this is new to Jinyoung. Matt never asked him this question, in their five years of being together. He now wonders why Matt felt the need to ask.

But still, Jinyoung chose to answer. "Well, you are quite a charmer. Your looks could be your source of living, to be honest. And were you aware of the number of girls and guys even, who crushes on you? I truly am lucky, that it is I, who had your heart."

And as expected, he saw how Matt frowned. Jinyoung could laugh, but he resisted. "So, you only love me because of my good looks?"

"Well, who wouldn't?" Jinyoung said, still teasing the older.

"But looks fade, Jinyoung-ah. When we grow old, and I do not look as good as I am now, what will happen? What will you do?"

Then with the most loving smile he could give, Jinyoung answered whole heartedly. "Then I will just love you. It will only be 'I love you'. . . no because."

 

 

"Doctor Park?" 

A familiar voice brought Jinyoung back from his deep slumber. The voice coming from outside of his bedroom was followed by three knocks. "Doctor Park, it's Hyunjin." He knows that. His young intern is staying at their house and is rooming with his brother Yugyeom.

Grunting and stretching his arms, Jinyoung walked towards the door and opened it. He sees Hyunjin who is in his nighties. The young guy looked even more younger with that winnie the pooh pajamas and mickey mouse slippers. "Good morning Hyunjin." He greeted.

"Good morning Doctor Park." Hyunjin even bowed. "I was asked by your mom, I mean eommeonie to wake you up because breakfast is ready, and it's our first day to report in Hanmaeum."

Oh, right. Jinyoung remembered. They are not here to have some vacation. He, along with Hyunjin was sent here to work. "Alright. How many more time?"

"An hour and a half."

Jinyoung nodded. They still have enough.  "Thanks, Hyunjin." The younger smiled shyly at him, even more when he tapped his back. "Just a favor. . . when we're at home, just call me hyung. Doctor Park sounds too formal, call me that when we're on duty. Okay?"

Hyunjin bowed once again, "Okay, Doctor- I mean, okay hyung." 

 

**********

 

"Yugyeom you brat, you have five minutes or I'll drag your out of the bathroom!!!"

Jinyoung shouted at his younger brother who is currently taking a shower, for about half an hour now. Why is he so slow? What is taking him so long? He then heard Hyunjin call him in a small voice.

"Uh, hyung, I guess you could go ahead. I'll just catch up."

Jinyoung finds himself glaring at the bathroom's door again. Hyunjin hasn't showered yet, and they both need to leave in thirty minutes or else they'll be late for work. And Yugyeom, the brat that he is doesn't understand that. Yugyeom really has to go and use the bathroom before Hyunjin, even if his class is not until 9 am? 

With another loud knock on the door, Jinyoung spoke. "I'll get you later, Yugyeom-ah." Turning to Hyunjin who holds his towel, he gestured towards his room. "Both of us can't afford to be late. You could use the bathroom I have in my room. We only have thirty minutes left so move fast, alright?"

 

Indeed, Hyunjin moved fast and was able to finish preparing for work in only twenty minutes. Jinyoung just fixed his things inside his satchel. He also didn't forget to smack Yugyeom's head when the younger went out of the bathroom. 

After kissing his mom goodbye, him and Hyunjin went out of the house. Jinyoung just opened the gate when he saw the guy. Mark is standing in front of their gate, holding a familiar box of chocolate.

 

"What do you need?" Jinyoung asked immediately. One, he is in a hurry. Second, he also doesn't want to spend much time talking to the rude guy. He still remembers what Mark has told him last night.

Stop acting like some desperate guy pining for what he has lost, when you perfectly know that you can never have him back!

How he has cried when he reached his room last night. Mark is cruel, unlike Matt. 

Jinyoung heard Mark as the older exhaled before speaking. "What does it look like?" Wow. Rude. "I am here to apologize for. . . whatever it is that I have said last night. If I offended you or something, I didn't mean it. So, take this as a form of my apology."

Mark is handing him the box of chocolates. But somewhere in Mark's words, and how the older said those, throws Jinyoung off. He is apologizing, right? But Jinyoung cannot feel any sincerity. It almost felt like Mark memorized what he just said. Does the guy have a soul? He surely sounds like someone who doesn't.

He might've spent s whole minute just staring that Mark rolled his eyes. "Are you taking it or not?"

And now he's the one getting impatient? Jinyoung couldn't get him. "Why do I have to?"

"Because I am giving it to you. Couldn't you just accept it? I bought it to make up for the chocolates which I took from Matt's niche. You clearly said it wasn't for me so I am sorry, okay? Now here is another box, so you could give it to him again, or whatever... just take it."

 

This. Guy. Is. Un. Believable. 

Why is he even apologizing if he cannot be sincere about it? Jinyoung isn't even asking for his apology, but if he decides to, might as well make it sincere at the very least. What is this guy's problem?

"I am not asking for you to apologize, even more, I did not ask you to buy another box of these chocolates. I could buy one, you know." Jinyoung blandly said before turning to Hyunjin. "Let's go."

But Mark is quick to block him and now standing in front of him with an extremely pissed off face. "I said I am sorry already, why can't you just let it go?!"

Mark's words and his tone is enough to trigger something in Jinyoung too. With his serious and expressionless eyes, he talked back. "What you said last night is almost unforgiveable. The last thing I need is your half-assed apology. It's worse than hearing none at all."

A few seconds passed with the two of them just glaring at each other. Jinyoung doesn't know why he sort of hoped for Mark to tone down a bit, and maybe apologize again, this time, sincerely. But of course that didn't happen.

Because what happened is, Mark just threw the box of chocolates at the side of the street, his heel, walked out on him, leaving Jinyoung almost speechless and dumbfounded.

All that is running in his head is.. . . wow. So mature of him to act like that.

 

**********

 

"It's good to finally have you here, Doctor Park." 

Jinyoung took the hand of the forty five year old doctor, and the head surgeon of Hanmaeum Hospital, Dr. Yoon. After he and Hyunjin arrived at the hospital, they were both called in for a meeting with their team.

"It's also a pleasure to be here, Doctor Yoon. Thank you for your warm welcome." He bowed at the older who just laughed and tapped his hand which he is holding.

"You should be welcomed warmly. Dr. Hyeon has said very good things about you. We're lucky that he let one of his best surgeons be with us and work with us."

Jinyoung could only bow his head again. He's a bit shy, he is not used to getting as much compliments, considering they still haven't seen him at work. "I hope I won't disappoint. Or else, I will send myself back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter