Inevitable

Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You're heading somewhere, Jinyoung-ssii?" 

Jinyoung was taking off his coat when Sungjae asked him this. They have just finished their first operation successfully and it's lunch time. Do Woon said he's buying food so all of them including Hyunjin and Chan are inside the office waiting for Do Woon to order the food he promised to buy.

Closing his locker, Jinyoung turned to the younger who is standing beside Do Woon. "I'm sorry guys but I already made plans with Mark. We're gonna eat lunch outside."

Sungjae frowned. "Aww. Why don't you just invite Mark-ssii to have lunch with us as well?"

"Can't you see that they want to have some time alone? This is because you don't know about these things, Sungjae." Do Woon piped in, while still on the phone.

"And what do you know?"

Jinyoung just ignored the two surgeons' bickering. It usually happens that he already got used to it. "I'll go ahead, guys." He just waved at them before heading for the door.   

 

"So how was work?" Mark asked once the food was served. They chose to dine in a nearby restaurant since Jinyoung only has a two hour break before his next operation.

"It has only been half a day." Jinyoung answered, holding in a laugh. "But, the first operation went well. I still have another one left for the day. Hope it goes well too."

"It will."

Mark gave him his reassuring smile before the older went to reach for some grilled pork, and putting it on his plate. He playfully glared at his boyfriend since it wasn't really necessary for Mark to be this sweet but the older isn't bothered by his glare and just continued to serve him. Jinyoung then decided to copy the older and went to put different dishes on Mark's plate. This got them both laughing. Instead of eating conveniently, they really are bothering themselves by feeding each other.

Their lunch date ended and how Jinyoung wished they could spend more time but he knows he needs to get back to work. Mark kept his hand on the small of his back as they both walked towards the entrance of the restaurant. He's laughing at Mark because the older said he'll try to cook food even more delicious than what they have just eaten and he knows Mark was just bluffing.

However, he stopped laughing when his eyes crossed on a familiar face passing by them at the entrance. Soon, recognition was seen followed by a smile. "Hey, Jinyoung!" 

It's Siwon and he is with some guys, Jinyoung presumes are his officemates or something like that. He recalled that night when they first met again and Siwon said they'll be seeing more of each other. Guess he was right and as much as Jinyoung wants to avoid him, well he just couldn't.

"Hi, Siwon." He just greeted back the latter who is now looking at Mark.

"And hey, Mark." Siwon said tapping Mark's shoulder. "Had lunch?" Jinyoung nodded. "Just the two of you?" And he doesn't know if it's just him or there really is something different in how Siwon's question sounded. 

"Yeah. It's Jinyoung's break from the hospital and we decided to eat lunch together." Mark answered as his hand made its way to his shoulder, pulling him a bit closer to his side. Jinyoung saw how Siwon's eyes travelled to his shoulder... more specifically to Mark's hand squeezing it. 

"Oh." Siwon said, eyes still lingering on Mark's hand. "Seems like you guys are close to each other, huh?" All Jinyoung could do is to smile and hope it doesn't look uneasy. He's starting to feel uncomfortable with the situation every second that passes. Siwon then shrugged and smiled at them both. "Well wouldn't Matt just love seeing this... you getting along well with his twin."

Jinyoung didn't expect to feel something in his throat that he needed to push it down in order to talk. "We really need to go now, since my break is almost over. I'll just s-see you around, then?"

Siwon didn't say anything, instead he just saluted as him and Mark headed outside the restaurant. When they both reached Mark's car, the older asked if there's any problem but Jinyoung said it's nothing and everything is okay, wishing that he is right and everything really is.

 

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

 

"Can I have more of that, please?" Jackson asked, pointing at the seafood stew. Yugyeom took the chinese's bowl and poured some of the stew in it before handing it back, telling Jackson to be careful because it's hot.

It was a usual evening and they were all here eating dinner in their house. Mark, Jackson and Bambam are regulars already when it comes to eating with them and like he has said, his mom loved the presence of the trio. She adores them like her own sons. 

Jinyoung looked at his younger brother who was adding rice on Bambam's bowl. He smiled at the sight. It has been a week since Yugyeom's birthday and since that night when he found the younger crying. Since Mark told him to let the younger ones deal with their own problems, Jinyoung chose to listen and maybe it was a good idea since he's now seeing that Bambam and Yugyeom are now in good terms. This afternoon, Yugyeom went home with Bambam. The Thai had fetched his brother from the university and they probably used their time to talk about the things they need to talk about. 

He still has to ask Yugyeom yet about what really has happened and if they already cleared out their misunderstandings and their feelings for each other, but for now, Jinyoung is happy seeing them both comfortably talking just like before. And it means a lot to him that Yugyeom is finally smiling and laughing now.

When they were all done eating, Yugyeom volunteered on washing the dishes and Bambam said he'd help him. Jackson was about to open his mouth and Jinyoung was sure the chinese will just tease them so Jinyoung stomped on his feet under the table. Jackson gave him an accussing look but Jinyoung didn't regret what he did. Those two are just starting to get back on being comfortable with each other, he doesn't want anything or anyone to make them feel awkward around each other again. So they just left both Bambam and Yugyeom to take care of the dishes and they all headed to the living room.

While they were seated on the couch, with Jackson deciding on which channel to watch, Mark whispered to him saying, "Grandpa is asking when are we going to tell mom about us." Jinyoung wasn't able to give a definite answer to that and he was glad that Mark didn't push anymore in asking.

 

It was another week later when Mark was the one who came up with a decision. They were at the ThaiKong's it's how Jackson and Bambam named the bar by the way all seven of them and that includes Jaebum and Youngjae. They also invited Hyunjin who brought Chan, as well as Sungjae and Do Woon. Youngjae also brought someone, his schoolmate from the university, Jae-hyun. 

"Mom will arrive here in Jeju tomorrow. Let's tell her, then."

It wasn't even a question. It's like Mark was just letting him know about hsi decision. Although it made Jinyoung feel a bit tensed, he tried to act okay and just nodded to the older. Jinyoung doesn't know how Mark's mom will take the news, and to be honest, he's afraid of what her reaction might be. His mind started making out worst case scenarios all, leading to one thing- him breaking up with Mark. But not wanting to ruin the night for him and Mark, Jinyoung just drowned out his thoughts by drinking.

Fast forward to a couple of beers later. Only him and Mark were left in their booth. The others were already having fun in the dancefloor and since Jinyoung refuses to make a fool out of himself by dancing, he insisted that Mark and him stay in their booth. 

"I should really stop you from drinking but, you look too cute when you're drunk, Jinyoung." Mark whispered on his ear, brushing a few strands of his hair away from his face. 

Jinyoung brought his face up from Mark's chest to meet the older's eyes. "I'm not drunk yet. If you want to get me drunk, you have to get more than just these beers, you know?"

Mark was tucking his stray hair on his ear when Jinyoung's attention was drawn by a familiar voice. "I knew there was something odd between the two of you." Turning his head, Jinyoung sees Siwon standing near their table. The guy's eyes were moving back and forth from him to Mark as if he's criticizing them. "Jinyoung-ah. I never thought you'd date Matt's twin."

Jinyoung felt Mark stiffening and his hands clenching into fists. "And what is it to you?" Mark challenged but it only earned a laugh from Siwon.

"Oh, nothing really." The latter crossed his arms, his eyes looking at them like he just found something fascinating. "It just amuses me..." those eyes darted on his, and Jinyoung could almost sink in his seat. "You really are determined to become a Tuan that now Matt's dead, you're actually going for his twin?"

Those words hit him in all suddenness but he wasn't able to react. It was all too fast and all he saw was Mark standing and reaching for Siwon. He heard some shouting, before he sees Siwon, on the floor, hand on his jaw, with blood on his lips. Soon he sees Jackson and Jaebum, even Sungjae and Do Woon standing in between the two. Jinyoung hears Yugyeom beside him asking what happened but he cannot answer. 

Jinyoung lost track of what happened after the incident. Now, he finds himself inside Mark's car. The older just parked in front of the mansion but neither of them is getting out of the car. His eyes were glued on Mark's hands gripping on the steering wheel. He heard a deep sigh before Mark talked.

"You're not saying anything." the older said, voice not laced with a recognizable emotion. "I don't know what's going inside your head right now, Jinyoung." He saw as the older's hands moved and are now reaching for his. "Won't you even look at me?"

Something in his heart clenched by how Mark sou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter