Beautiful Dreams

When Kyuhyun's Sonata Meets Yoona's Melody

Soundtrack: SNSD - Forever


 

First Meeting

A car ran slowly in a neighborhood. The neighborhood seemed so quietly that time. When the car passed the T-junction, there was boxcar in front of the house at the corner. Some people were brought so many things from that boxcar.

“Oh looks like the new residents at this house have come! We’ll have new neighbor!” A woman who’s sitting beside driver seat uttered.

The little girl who sat in a back seat suddenly risen up. She peeked at the open car’s window to see the new neighbor who’s just said by his eomma. Then she saw a boy, near her age, was carrying a box. The little boy accidentally looked at a car which was passing in front of his new house. He locked gaze with a little girl who’s peeking.

For a moment those two kids stared at each other

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

In the evening, the bell at the one’s door was ringed.

“Yoonji, can you open the door?” yelled a woman from the kitchen.

“I’m studying, Eomma! Why don’t you ask Yoona? She’s watching TV!” The teenage girl yelled too from upstairs.

“Noooooo~~!!” The little girl who’s watching TV with his appa in living room, refused too!

“Alright, let me open the door!” The appa then became a volunteer to open the door. He walked to the door calmly. When the door has been opened, he saw four beaming faces from a man and a woman with one teenage girl and a boy who looks younger than the girl.

“Annyeonghaseyo. We are The Chos Family. We are who lives in the house at the corner!” The man guest uttered a purpose of his family’s arrival.

“Oh Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to this neighborhood! I’m Im Jihwan!” He offered his hand to Mr. Cho.

“I’m Cho Gunwoo.  Nice to meet you Mr. Im!”

“Ne~ Nice to meet you too!”

Mr. Im’s wife came up from the kitchen to know who’s coming. She little surprised when she saw four strange persons who she hasn’t met yet.

“This is the Cho family. Our new neighbor who live at the corner!” Mr. Im explained to his wife.

“Omo~ Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Kim Heejin! Nice to meet you!” Mr. Im’s wife greeted her guests happily.

“Nice to meet you too! I’m Cho Gunwoo. And this is my wife Lee Sunhwa!” Mr. Cho smiled brightly.

Mr. Cho’s wife then shook head with Mr. Im & Mrs Im. “Annyeonghaseyo!”

“Oh and these are our children. This is Cho Ahra, 14 years old. And this is Cho Kyuhyun, 10 years old.” Mr. Cho introduced his children.

The Cho’s siblings then bowed the home owner, which replied with big smiles.

“Yoonji!!! Yoona!!! Come here! Please greet our new neighbors!” Mrs Im yelled.

Not a long time, two daughters of Im family have come. The younger one looked shy. She hid behind her unnie.

“Yoonji and Yoona! Please greet Cho family. And Yoonji, you have new friend. Miss Cho Ahra is same age as you!” Mr. Im said.

“Oh really? Anyyeonghaseyo, Im Yoonji imnida!” Yoonji bowed to Mr & Mrs Cho, then smiled brightly to Ahra who smiled at her back.

Yoona followed her unnie, she bowed to the guests, then hid again but now behind her eomma’s back.

Mr. Im chuckled seeing his shy child. “This is Yoona. She’s 8 years old. Yoona-yah, this Kyuhyun oppa is only two years older than you. Finally you have a friend here who almost same age as you!” He Yoona’s hair and said to Mr. Cho. “She’s the youngest in this neighborhood!”

Little Yoona then peeked from her eomma’s back. She looked at Kyuhyun. But hid again when Kyuhyun gave her a little smile.

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

2 Months Later

 

It’s already two months since Cho family leave in their new house. Because of their kindness and friendliness, they became close to their neighbors including Im family. Mrs Cho and Mrs Im often exchange new recipes of food or talked about hot gossip. While their husbands have same hobbies, watching football and go fishing.

Yoonji and Ahra became friends in an instant. That night when the first met, they already talked to each other like long lost friends. They went to the same middle school though not classmates. They studied together, hanged around together, and talked about their crushes all the time.

Yoona and Kyuhyun were awkward at first. Yoona who’s never closed to a boy before, always felt shy around Kyuhyun. But because they were schoolmates, Mr. Im asked Kyuhyun to go to school together with Yoona. Kyuhyun and Yoona walked to their school everyday. When it’s the time to go home, Kyuhyun will wait in front of Yoona’s class. He protected Yoona like his own little sister.

Day by day, a shy Yoona became a hyper Yoona in front of Kyuhyun. It’s all because Kyuhyun who always invited Yoona to play, since they were the youngest in their neighborhood. They played everything. Hide and seek. Ride bicycle. Football. Even Yoona sometimes made Kyuhyun wanted to accompany her played cooking cooking, although he was forced to do it.

Everytime they went home from school, Kyuhyun and Yoona would talk about everything. Like that day, one time in a summer day….

“Yoona-yah, what did you study today?” Kyuhyun opened the conversation.

“Math. History. And oh, seonsaengnim asked us to tell about our dreams in front of the class!”

“Sounds interesting. Then what’s your dream that you told the class?” Kyuhyun got interest.

“I told them that I want to be a doctor who help the other people!” Yoona answered happily.

Kyuhyun suddenly stopped which made Yoona stopped too. “You want to be a doctor?”

“Yess!!” Yoona said, with confidence.

“That’s a precious dream, Yoona-yah!” Kyuhyun pokes Yoona’s head gently.

“How about you, Oppa? What’s your dream?”

“I want to be an architect.”

“Architect?” Yoona tilted his head.

Kyuhyun nodded. “Architect is a person who designs a house, a building, or maybe a garden!”

“Wooow… I know, your drawing is good, Oppa!”

“Hey..let’s make a promise. Let’s study together to make our dreams come true!”

“Yess Yess Oppa!” Yoona nodded happily.

“Pinkie promise?” Kyuhyun let out his pinkie finger.

“Pinkie promise!!” Yoona chuckled and tangled her pinkie finger with Kyuhyun’s

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

8 years later (since their first meeting)

 

Kyuhyun and Yoona were already high school students. Yoona grew up as beautiful young lady who always get attention from the people everywhere she goes. Kyuhyun was one of school idols; alongside with his close friends Sungmin, Eunhyuk, and Donghae;  also he’s known as the genius one.

They still schoolmates. Even in middle school too. They still went to school together, now by bus not walked like they did back then in elementary school. Yoona still asked Kyuhyun for helping her when she has problem with her assignments, and Kyuhyun would never rejected to help.

The biggest different of Kyuhyun and Yoona’s friendship is they didn’t treat each other like siblings anymore. All the people around them have known they are more than friends. Even they both admitted it. Without any statements of love, they already knew that there’s something inside their hearts which they felt for each other. It looked like they could read other’s mind. Although they often hanged out with their other bestfriends, but they always had time to go just the two of them.

Like that day on one Sunday morning..

After they jogged together in their neighborhood, Kyuhyun and Yoona rest in the park. They lied on the green green grass and looked up the bright sky. They kept silent for a moment to gasp some air after ran.

“Yoona-ya!”

“Hm??”

“Do you still remember our dreams?”

Yoona chuckled. “Always!”

Kyuhyun grinned. “Do you have another dream?”

“Like what?”

“Like..emm..what university that you want to study medical later?”

“Seoul University!” Yoona said straightly.

Kyuhyun sat up and looked at Yoona. “How come we have same thought? I want to study design there too!”

Yoona sat up too. “Really? Then let’s make another promise! We, Cho Kyuhyun and Im Yoona will go study together in Seoul University due to reach our dreams for becoming an architect and a doctor!!” Yoona said cheerfully.

Kyuhyun burst of laughter seeing witty Yoona. “Arasso! I promise! And I still have another dream”

“What is it?”

“After I graduated from Seoul University, I want to get scholarship to study abroad!” Kyuhyun said and looked at to the sky again.

Yoona smiled. She knew, Kyuhyun is a little obsessed with high education. So she understood if Kyuhyun want to get his master later in another country.

“I support your dream!” Yoona poked Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

“You don’t want to study abroad too?” Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“After graduated from university, I want to work as doctor straightly. I can study master while working!”

Kyuhyun smiled. “Always precious Yoona who wants to help other people!”

Yoona just chuckled hearing Kyuhyun’s words. It’s not the first time Kyuhyun thought that she’s precious.

“Yoona-ya!” Kyuhyun said while looking at Yoona deeply.

“Ne?” Yoona looked back at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun pecked Yoona’s lips lightly and suddenly stoop up.

“Let’s go home, Yoona!”

Yoona frowned at first but then smiled secretly. Though it’s just a peck and not romantic at all. It’s still her first kiss.

Kyuhyun offered hand to help Yoona stand. Yoona reached Kyuhyun’s hand. They clasped their fingers. Hand in hand walked to their houses.

 

Following the happy breeze, beneath that bright sky that blinds me

Beautiful melodies and fresh air fills this road that I'm walking with you

Do you remember? Those awkward and unfamiliar times when we first met

I'm thankful to you for silently taking care of me when I was hesitant and young

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

5 years later (since their conversation about university)

 

In the auditorium of Seoul National University, so many people gathered there. In every spot became background for taking picture immediately. Kyuhyun was standing with his parents beside him while Yoona taking picture of them.

“Hana Deul Set….Cheers!!!” Yoona uttered and click!! She looked at the camera and looked satisfied with the picture that she’s just taken.

That day was Kyuhyun’s graduation from Seoul National University after 4 years had studied design in technique department. He’s become one of honorable alumni because he graduated with -laude. Kyuhyun might be called as a young architect. In other hand, Yoona was still a secondary student in medical department at the same university.

“Yoona-yah, Where’s the camera, let me take picture of you and Kyuhyun!” Mr. Cho smiled brightly.

“Kamsahamnida!” Yoona smiled coyly and walked towards Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun winked at Yoona then wrapped his arm around Yoona’s body.

Mr. Cho grinned when he saw the picture of his son and Yoona. “You two looked good together!”

“Of course, Appa!” Kyuhyun said and got slapped by Yoona. “I said the truth, right?”

Yoona stucked her tongue out and made Kyuhyun messed her hair. “Yoona-yah, I have something to tell you!” Kyuhyun pulled Yoona’s hand and dragged her to the backstage of the auditorium where no one was there.

“Something happened, Oppa?” Yoona asked, curiously.

Kyuhyun smiled and nodded happily. “I got scholarship from Sorbonne University! I’ll study in France!” Kyuhyun cried out!

Yoona covered her open mouth. “Oppa!!! Jeongmal??? Aigooo…congratulations!” Yoona jumped a little and hugged Kyuhyun tightly. “Oppa, you never failed to make me proud. How come you got that scholarship?”

“I sent them my design 3 months ago and yesterday I was informed that they like my design and yeah they gave me full scholarship!”

Yoona smiled brightly. She could feel how happy Kyuhyun was. But then, the smile on her face was gone, when she realized something. “Oppa….emmm when will you go to France?” Yoona asked, carefully.

Kyuhyun looked at Yoona’s eyes deeply. He held Yoona’s hand tight. He could feel what Yoona felt. They both happy because of Kyuhyun’s scholarship, but they also couldn’t imagine that they would live separately after this.

“Next month!” Kyuhyun answered, with low tone.

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

One month later (after Kyuhyun’s graduation, one day before Kyuhyun goes to France)

 

Kyuhyun and Yoona walked hand in hand along Banpo Bridge that night. They walked in silence. It’s not because they didn’t know what to talk, but they just want to feel the beautiful view of the Han river. They stopped when The Moonlight Rainbow Fountain was started.

“I’m surely will be missing this place so much!” Kyuhyun mumbled, more to himself.

Yoona smiled. “So you won’t miss me?”

“It doesn’t need to ask, Yoona-yah. You know what my answer!”

Yoona chuckled. “Oppa! You have entered Seoul National University. You have graduated and became young architect now. You got the scholarship to study abroad. You’ve fulfilled all your dreams. So, do you have another dreams to reach?”

Kyuhyun smiled secretly. “Of course I have. I want to be one of best architects that Korea has. I want to be a lecture in our university so I can share my knowledge to my hoobaes. And…” Kyuhyun paused for a moment as he looked at the river. “I will design and build my dreamy house. A beautiful, lovely, and comfortable house for me, for you, and for our children soon.”

Yoona dumbfounded. She felt how her heart beats faster than usual. Her doe-eyes teary.

Kyuhyun looked at Yoona and smiled. “So how about you? What’s your another dreamr?”

Yoona still stared at Kyuhyun with her teary eyes. “I want to be a strong Yoona. The strong Yoona, who will show her best when Kyuhyun won’t be on her side to help her anytime like before. The strong Yoona, who treats her patients with all her heart. The strong Yoona, who will make Kyuhyun proud when he comes back from France. The strong Yoona, who deserves to live in Kyuhyun’s dreamy house.”

Yoona made Kyuhyun left speechless. Moreover, when he saw Yoona’s tears ran down to her cheeks after saying her dream to be a stronger woman. Kyuhyun pulled Yoona’s body and hugged her. Yoona buried her face oh Kyuhyun’s chest and cried more.

“Yoona-yah, please wait for me, ne~?”

Yoona sobbed and nodded in Kyuhyun’s hug. “I will, Oppa!”

“I love you” Kyuhyun whispered.

“I love you too!”

Those unforgettable memories during that long time

Throughout the laughter and the tears, the one who always believed in me was you

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

After Kyuhyun went to Paris, Yoona missed him so much all the time. When she saw Kyuhyun’s parents and noona, when she passed in front of Technique department the place where Kyuhyun studied together, and when she saw all the places that she had memories with Kyuhyun. That’s why to kill that feeling, she became more active in her university activities. She even joined the foundation to help a kid who gets cancer. She studied hard, to be a good doctor.

While Kyuhyun in France, he’s not only busy study for his mastering program, but also busy to help his lecturers’ projects. His lecture trusted him so much. Kyuhyun took this advantage to get a lot of knowledge and experiences. Sometimes, Kyuhyun drew his sketch in Seine River, because that place reminded him of Banpo Bridge and the moments with Yoona there.

Though they lived separately, but they never lost contact. They knew what each other’s activities. Mostly they chatted through Kakao Talk. They rarely talked by phone because of different of time. For them, Paris and Seoul became nothing because they have love, faith, trusts, and dreams in their hearts.

No one will bother us

There's not even a reason to waste any time

We could be far from each other

The same heart as one, dreaming the same dream

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

3 years later (since Kyuhyun studied in France)

 

Yoona was standing with bright smile in front of international arrival terminal in Incheon Airport. Her heart didn’t want to calm when she noticed that the plane from France has landed thirty minutes ago. She couldn’t wait any longer to see someone who she waited for these past 3 years. Finally the gate was opened. One by one, the passengers came out. It made her heart beats faster. She could see the beaming faces of the people who met their families.

Yoona tilted head to the gate. And finally he came. The man who’s wearing coat, shades, and with some luggage and looked so charming. Cho Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun took off his shades, when she saw smiling Yoona who looked elegant and beautiful. He walked towards her with happiness on her face.

“Welcome back to Korea, Architect Cho!” Yoona offered her hand.

Kyuhyun forced himself to not chuckle then shook Yoona’s hand. “Thank you so much, Doctor Im. How are you?”

“Never feel as great as like this before.” Yoona grinned.

Kyuhyun poked Yoona’s cheek. “As I know you’d dreamed to be a strong Yoona. I thought I’ll see Yoona with muscles, but all I can see now is goddess in disguise! How come you become this beautiful?”

“Yaa~ Oppa, did you study design or seduction in France huh?” Yoona slapped Kyuhyun’s arm but she couldn’t hide the pinky blush on her cheeks.

Kyuhyun laughed and hugged Yoona tightly. “I miss you so much, Yoona-yah!”

Yoona hugged Kyuhyun back. “Me too, Oppa!”

They’re hugging for a moment, didn’t care when people seeing them. They just wanted to show how they’re missing each other.

“Oppa, let’s go home! Your parents can’t wait to see you!”

Kyuhyun released his hug then held Yoona’s hand. “Kaja~!”

They walked hand in hand while smiling. They couldn’t describe how happy they were.

My exhausted heart beats once again

My weak heart has found light again

I want to hold your hand and walk like this forever

Together with the person I love in a world just for the two of us

 

~~~~~~***~~~~~

 

6 months later (after Kyuhyun’s comeback)

 

Kyuhyun was standing with a smile and with thump heart. He couldn’t take his eyes off Yoona who’s walking towards him in her wedding dress. Yoona smiled coyly. Sometimes she exchange gaze with her father who’s linking arm with her.

When Yoona arrived in front of Kyuhyun, Mr. Im realeased Yoona’s hand and offered it to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun bowed to his appa-in-lwa-to-be before he held Yoona’s hand. They smiled each other and walked together towards the priest.

“Cho Kyuhyun, do you take Im Yoona to be your wife? Do you promise to be true to her in good times and in bad, in sickness an in health, to love her and honor her all the days of your life?”

“I do.”

“Im Yoona, do you take Cho Kyuhyun to be your husband? Do you promise to be true to him in good times and in bad, in sickness an in health, to love him and honor him all the days of your life?”

“I do.”

Yoona’s four yeas old niece then came and brought a beautiful basket with two rings in it. Kyuhyun took Yoona’s ring and put it in Yoona’s ring finger. Yoona did the same too for Kyuhyun.

“Cho Kyuhyun, you can kiss your bride now!”

Kyuhyun and Yoona held hands. They looked each other and smiled sheepishly. Kyuhyun kissed Yoona’s forehead softly. They locked gaze again for a moment. Kyuhyun tilted his head and made it closer to Yoona’s.

He whispered softly. “Yeongwonhi neowa ggumgugo shipda!”

Yoona smiled when she heard this. And Kyuhyun kissed the smile which curved on Yoona’s lips.

All the people who became the witnesses of Kyuhyun and Yoona’s wedding could feel how they love each other. Yoona’s mom even couldn’t hide the tears seeing her youngest daughter finally got married to the man she loves. The people in that church burst into happiness. But no one can be happier than the two who were kissing in the altar

 

Even if a very long time passes

Even if you and I become a bit different

I want to dream forever with you like this

The one who fulfilled my wishes, the one who became my faith, with you

The one who became my miracle, the one who dreamed with me, with you

EVEN A LONG TIME PASSES, I WANT TO DREAM FOREVER WITH YOU