Happy Birthday (Winter Child)

When Kyuhyun's Sonata Meets Yoona's Melody

Soundtrack: miss A Suzy - Winter Child


 

 

January 29 – SEOUL

A guy walked slowly in parking lot of SM building. His eyes wandered around looking for something. A grin appeared oh his handsome face when he saw a girl is standing and leaning in his trunk car. That girl is looking on the ground, seems like she doesn’t aware that a guy who’s called her before is walking towards her.

“Ehem..” the guy cleared his throat to make that girl realizes that he’s already come.

The beautiful girl lifts her face up to see the guy who she’s waiting for is smiling in front of her.

“What are you doing here, Im Yoona?” the guy asked her with teasingly smile.

“Psh~ You think you’re funny Cho Kyuhyun? Who did ask me to meet you here huh?” The girl wanted to flick the guy’s forehead but he catches her hand first.

The two of them are bestfriends. Super Junior’s maknae who’s famous with his angelic voice and his evilness, Cho Kyuhyun. And Girls’ Generation’s visual and one of main dancers, Im Yoona. They don’t know exactly since when they became so close. Maybe when Yoona greeted Kyuhyun when he first joined as Super Junior member, at that time Yoona was still a trainee. Or maybe since SM Town in Bangkok, when Kyuhyun have courage to do pocky dance with Yoona. All they know now, they already close like brother and sister who support each other, like two enemies who tease and scold each other just to make a fun, and sometimes like a dating couple because they often meet or have meals secretly just the two of them.

“What do you want to say, Oppa?” Yoona looked at Kyuhyun.

“Let’s get in to my car. It’s already late at night!”

“Yaa~ Oppa… You don’t want to meet me only to send me to my dorm, right? Psh~ if I know will be like this, I preferred to go home with my members before!”

Kyuhyun pushes Yoona into his car and opens the door for her. “Get in. I’ll tell you on my car”

Yoona looks at Kyuhyun doubtly, but in the end she got into Kyuhyun’s car and sat calmly. Kyuhyun then ran to open driver’s door. He opened the door and sat beside Yoona.

Yoona payed attention to what Kyuhyun’s doing. When Kyuhyun fastened his seatbelt, when Kyuhyun the engine, and when Kyuhyun was driving his car.

“Oppa, now tell me what you’re gonna say!” Yoona still looks at Kyuhyun who’s focused look at the road in front of him.

“I just wanna say have a safe flight to New York tomorrow!” Kyuhyun grins widely.

Yoona widened her doe-eyes “Are you kidding me?”

Kyuhyun laughed then ruffled Yoona’s hair. “No, I’m not, Weirdo!”

Yoona pouted and slapped Kyuhyun’s arm.

“Aww…that’s hurt him Yoona!” Kyuhyun said while rubbing his arm.

“Are you really just wanted to say that? Why you don’t just call me?”

“Because if I only call you, I can’t see your face!”

Yoona was about ready to scold Kyuhyun more, but after heard what Kyuhyun just said, she became startled. She looked at Kyuhyun doubtly. “What is that huh? You..you can make a video call to say that.” Yoona looked at outside, somehow she doesn’t want Kyuhyun sees her blushing cheeks.

“Video call? I can’t do this then..” Kyuhyun pinched Yoona’s cheek.

“Whoaaa Oppa.. It’s hurt!!” Yoona punched Kyuhyun’s arm gently.

Kyuhyun and Yoona chuckled together. They didn’t say a word for a while. But smiles were drawn on their flawless face. Sometimes even silence it’s better to say something that cannot be expressed.

“Yoona, I really really hope your US tour will be a hit. You girls are Korean representatives, so I’ll pray the best for you.”

Yoona glanced to Kyuhyun. “We will! Oh Oppa, Super Junior will have Super Show in Taiwan next week, right? So you will celebrate your birthday with your ELF.”

“Exactly. But one of my hardcore ELF will not celebrate it with me because she has to go to another continent.” Kyuhyun smiled teasingly.

“Oh really? Who is she? Seo Joo Hyun? Your blind date? Or your Chinese wife?” Yoona said while holding to not laugh.

Kyuhyun smirked. “Oh Seohyun is an ELF too? I’ve just known it. And please Yoona, blind date or that fake marriage is just a show”

Yoona chuckled. “So who is she huh??”

“Emm…she is a girl who always stand in the centre in her group. She’s not really good at singing but she’s great dancer. She’s strong like a man but her heart is so soft. She has wide laugh but every man dreams to have a girl like her.”

“Are you complimenting me?”

“I don’t say that it’s you!” Kyuhyun sticked his tongue out.

“Psh~!”

“Do you still want to know who is she?”

“No!”

“Are you sure?”

“Yess totally sure!”

“Too bad. I was about to say that she’s the girl that I love so much!”

Yoona turned to look at Kyuhyun. At that time, Kyuhyun stopped his car because they’ve arrived in SNSD’s dorm.

Yoona still looked at Kyuhyun asking for explanation with what Kyuhyun just said. Kyuhyun took a breath before he looked at Yoona’s eyes.

“Oppa…what did..you just say?” Yoona asked slowly.

“I’ve just say that I love you.”

“Oppa……..” Yoona lost words, she didn’t know what to say.

“All my members, Changmin, Qiannie, know that I have special feeling for you. Some of SNSD members also tease me about you. And with everything that I’ve done for you all this time, I think you also can feel that I like you….”

Kyuhyun and Yoona still locked gaze. Yoona could feel how her heart want to burst out after listened to what Kyuhyun said. Kyuhyun is right. Eunhyuk, Leeteuk, and Heechul always tease about Kyuhyun everytime she meets them, so do SNSD members.  And Yoona also has felt that Kyuhyun loves her, though she doesn’t want to believe it too much.

Kyuhyun Yoona’s hair gently. “And I think I’m not wrong right if I feel that you love me too. So, Im Yoona, would you be my girlfriend?”

Yoona widened her eyes. She tried to analyze Kyuhyun’s face. He looks so serious. Yoona knows, if Kyuhyun like this, it means that he’s not joking.

“Op-pa…..”

Kyuhyun put his index finger to Yoona’s lips to stop her speaking. “Don’t answer now. I want you think about it first. I won’t force you, because I know our condition now is not easy for us. I will accept whatever your answer soon.”

Kyuhyun then kissed Yoona’s forehead gently. Yoona closed her eyes when Kyuhyun’s lips touched her forehead.

“It’s late at night Yoona. You have to take a rest. Fighting for tomorrow!” Kyuhyun smiled.

Yoona smiled back unconsciously. “Goodnite Oppa. See you soon!”

Yoona opened the car’s door, but before she went out, she turned around and pecked Kyuhyun’s cheek. It made Kyuhyun starteled. Yoona runaway from Kyuhyun’s car hurriedly with blushing cheeks.

 

~~~~****~~~~

 

January 30 - INCHEON

Incheon Airport this morning is more crowded than usual. Some of people with cameras are everywhere. The nine gorgeous girls appeared made some people scream and call their names. The cameras of media and fans captured them. Airport suddenly turned into catwalk. Yess they are Girls’ Generation, who will departure to US to promote their album.

All the nine girls look awesome, including Yoona. She can’t stop smiling and waving to SONES who called them.

“Girls, let’s hurry!!” the manager oppa called them to check in.

Yoona turned around. She wandered around the airport. Suddenly, a crazy scene appeared in her mind, just like in a drama. When a man chases his dreaming girl in airport to stop her to leave him. Yoona imagined, Kyuhyun suddenly come here, hugs her, and tells her to not go. Yoona giggled alone when she’s imagining it.

“Yoona-ah, what are you doing here?” Yuri poked Yoona’s shoulder with her passport. “Hurry up, Kyuhyun oppa won’t come here!”

“What?” Yoona widened her eyes, she’s surprised how come Yuri knew what she’s thinking.

Yuri chuckled. “Just hurry up Yoong!!” Yuri wrapped her arm around Yoona’s shoulder.

Yoona relieved Yuri’s not teasing her about Kyuhyun more.

‘Goodbye Korea. Goodbye Cho Kyuhyun. I’ll be missing you. See you!’

 

~~~~****~~~~

February 1 – SEOUL

Kyuhyun jumped from his bed and looked for his laptop. He his laptop. He typed as fast as he could and opened the news website. He looked serious when searching something.

“Ah….this!”

Kyuhyun then opened the news. “So Nyeo Shi Dae in David Letterman Show” and hurriedly clicked the YouTube link of their performance.

“What is it? SNSD?” Sungmin suddenly appeared and sat beside Kyuhyun.

“Really? I wanna see it too!” Eunhyuk also came.

The three of them then focused seeing their hoobaes performance. Sungmin sometimes followed singing The Boys while Eunhyuk following the dance steps.

“Their English are so good. Daebak!” Sungmin clapped when they finished seeing SNSD’s performance.

“And they look hot!” Eunhyuk uttered.

“Yeahhh..but I don’t like the cameramen!” Kyuhyun mumbled, more to himself.

“Because they’re not really focus on Yoona!” Eunhyuk continued what Kyuhyun saying.

“What do you mean?” Kyuhyun asked Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk patted Kyuhyun’s head. “Like I don’t know what you’re thinking!!”

Eunhyuk and Sungmin laughed & high-five-ed while Kyuhyun pouted.

Kyuhyun wanted to text Yoona to tell her that she’s done a good job and he proud of her. But then he realized it’s already midnight in New York, Yoona probably needs some rest. And moreover, from that night when he confessed to Yoona until now, that girl never text him.

 

~~~~****~~~~

 

February 2 & 3 – TAIPEI

The Super Show 4 Taiwan first day has ended successfully. Super Junior felt so touched when they saw the sapphire blue ocean and the excitements from thousands of Taiwanese ELF. The exhausted of 3 hours more of the show is gone when they saw the happiness in ELF’ faces.

Kyuhyun walked towards the dressing room from toilet. When he opened the door!

“CHO KYUHYUN SAENGIL CHUKKAE!!”

Kyuhyun felt surprised, yess he already know he will get a surprise, but he thought the surprise will be in a hotel.

Eunhyuk threw confetti to him. He could see all the members gathered, also  the manager hyungs, the back up dancers, cordi noona, and some concert staffs.

“Kyuhyun-ah, make your wish!” Siwon came in front of Kyuhyun while bringing a cake.

“Wait..you will throw this cake to may face right?” Kyuhyun felt uneasy and move backwards.

“Yahhh maknae, just make a wish and blow the candle!” Leeteuk shouted.

Kyuhyun then closed his eyes. He wished Super Junior will be stronger and successful this year, all the members and his family will always stay healthy, and…..Yoona…only belongs to him. Kyuhyun then opened his eyes slowly.

“I know his wish. Yoona Yoona Yoona and Yoona!” Eunhyuk teased Kyuhyun.

“Shut up your mouth, Hyung!” Kyuhyun gave Eunhyuk his death glare.

“Kyu-ah, hurry blows the candles!” Donghae and Sungmin said together.

“Arasso Arasso!” Kyuhyun then blew all the candles on the cake.

And just in a flash, Ryeowook, Zhoumi, and Henry, put off the candles from the cake. Shindong and Leeteuk grabbed Kyuhyun’s arms and hold them tight. Siwon, with one touch successfully throw the cake to Kyuhyun’s face.

“Aisssshhhhhh…..I know this is will be happened.” Kyuhyun yelled.

Sungmin, Donghae, Yesung, and Eunhyuk took video and picture of Kyuhyun with cake-face. “ELF will crazy when they see this pic!” Eunhyuk looked so excited.

“Kyuhyun-ah, I’m sorry! I love you!” Siwon hugged Kyuhyun.

“I know I know Hyung. I love you too!”

“Really? I thought you love Yoona!” Siwon laughed.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes then wiped some butter into Siwon’s face. The other members runaway from that room to avoid the counter attack from the evil maknae.

 

~~~~****~~~~

 

Kyuhyun sat on the bed in his hotel room after washing himself. Sungmin, his roommate, still not came back to the room. It’s already 2AM in Taipei time.

Kyuhyun checked his phone. He’s already got birthday greeting by phonecall from his parents, Ahra noona, Heechul, Changmin, Qiannie, and SHINee members. Some of his high school bestfriends also texted him. Even he got text from Sooyoung, Tiffany, and Jessica.

He also felt so touched he got million greetings from ELF around the world when he opened his twitter. He proud when he knows that the hash tag #HappyBirthdayKyuhyun becomes world trending. ELF always daebak. And he feel so honored to be loved by million people.

But he felt something is not complete. The one whom he wants to greet him first, still not sending anything to him. ‘What are you doing now? Are you that busy huh? Even your unnies already texted me’. Kyuhyun threw his phone on a desk beside the bedroom and lied himself. When he’s about to close his eyes, his phone is ringing.

Kyuhyun grabbed his phone and a grin drawn on his lips when he read. “A voice message from Yoona Deer.”

Kyuhyun touched his phone screen and turn up the volume, then listen to Yoona’s voice carefully.

Annyeonghaseyo Kyuhyun oppa…how are you? I know you miss me so much *chuckled*

How about the show? Great as always right? I believe Super Junior did their best! Emm…it’s1 PM now in New York, and I guess it’s already morning in Taipei..maybe you’re already sleep now! *chuckled*

Ehmm..Kyuhyun oppa…Happy birthday!! Aigooo my oppa is old now!!!*laughed*

I wish you and Super Junior members are more successful this year and also next years. Don’t forget to eat 3 times a day and have enough rest. Don’t get sick. Fighting for your next musical and KRY’s album. Please always smile and stay evil…

*paused*

Oppa, about your question before, I already thought about it. I think….I think…. I’m sorry to say it..*paused*

 but starting from today Cho Kyuhyun is mine!!! Kyuhyun oppa, please treat me as your girlfriend kindly.. *giggled*

And now as my gift, I will sing for you. I know my voice not as great as yours but please just listen to me okay? *cleared throat*

*starts singing*

Gyeoure taeeonan areumdaun dangsineun
Nunchereom kkaekkeuthan namanui dangsin

Hajiman bom, yeoreumgwa gaeul, kyeoul
Eonjena malgo kkaekkeuthae

Gyeoure taeona areumdaun dangsineun
Nuncheoreom kkaekkeuthan namanui dangsin

Saengil chukhahamnida, saengil chukhahamnida
Saengil chukhahamnida. Dangsinui saengireul

*clapped*

How about my voice? I have improved a lot, right? *giggled*

Okay oppa, once again happy birthday..see you soon.. Bye bye.. emmm.. I miss you.. and… I love you!

Kyuhyun stood up. He touched his chest and felt how his heart is beating faster.

“Wooohoooooo~~~” Kyuhyun screaming happily.

Kyuhyun then search for Yoona number and called her…

“Yoona-yah…!”

Oh Oppa, you haven’t slept?”

Kyuhyun grinned. He could feel Yoona is nervous, because he’s nervous too. “Can’t sleep. Moreover after I got the voice message. What are you doing now?”

Ahhh…I’m just watching TV in hotel! And you?”

“I’m in hotel too. Missing you!”

How cheesy…*chuckled*!”

“But you like it right?”

“*laughed* Oppa, don’t you tired? You have to sleep now!”

“You don’t want your boyfriend get sick huh?”

You already knew! *chuckled*

Kyuhyun chuckled too. “Hey..thank you!”

For what?”

“For being my girlfriend. For giving me the best birthday gift ever. And for everything!”

Thank you too, Oppa! For loving me!”

Kyuhyun chuckled again. “Alright…Fighting for you there. Don’t flirt with American boys!”

I won’t. Please take a rest now, Oppa!!”

Arrasso… Bye Yoona. I love you!”

I love you too!”

“I love you more!”

I know *chuckled*”

“You hang up first!”

No. You’re the one who calls, so you hang up first!”

“Okay okay.. See you Yoona…I love you!”

Kyuhyun hung up the phone and smiled brightly. He couldn’t believe that Im Yoona, the ideal type of so many boys, officially belongs to him now!

“CHO KYUHYUN CHUKKAE!!! KYUHYUN-YOONA FIGHTING!!!!”

All Super Junior members suddenly run to his room and made Kyuhyun surprised.

“Our maknae is grown up!!!!” Leeteuk ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair.

"How dare you! You have girlfriend first than me huh?" Eunhyuk threw a pillow to Kyuhyun.

“YAAA~~ ALL OF YOU EAVESDROPPED ME?” Kyuhyun yelled.

“Of course, we don't want to miss the epic moment in your life!” Donghae laughed.

“Yaaaa~~~~!!!” Kyuhyun yelled again.

But Suju members ignored Kyuhyun’s mad and they kept bullying their evil maknae happily.

 

~~~~****~~~~

 

February 2 – NEW YORK

Okay okay.. See you Yoona…I love you!”

Yoona chuckled and hung up the phone. She then grabbed a pillow for covering her beaming face. But then she threw it to gasp air. But smile on her beautiful face still cannot disappear.

The door was opened and Yuri came up.

“Yaaa Yoong, why are you smiling alone!”

Yoona startled. “A-aniii… I’m just watching it!”

“Hey it’s Kyuhyun oppa’s birthday. Have you greeted him?!”

“Yups…” Yoona nodded happily.

“What a good girlfriend!” Yuri smiled teasingly.

“W-what?” Yoona rolled her eyes!

“I’ve seen and heard what you’ve just done, Yoong!!” Yuri burst of laughter.

“UNNIE~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!”


 

Born in the winter
this beautiful you
clean like snow
you who belong to me

born in the winter
my lover
clear as snow
you who belongs to me

Regardless whether it’s spring,summer,autumn, or winter
Always clear and clean

 


This fic is dedicated to the birthday boy evil maknae CHO KYUHYUN ^^