The Drink Off

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was getting rather late at night in the apartment. The Attached Men had gone over to their girlfriends' apartments to stay over as it was a Friday. Gary was in his room, doing whatever it was he was doing. (It was all soundproofed anyway so it didn't matter what.) Kwang Soo was not at home. The others suspected he had been seeing someone recently since he was spending a night too many sleeping outside the apartment. They decided not to interrogate him about it since he would tell them when he was ready. 

And this all meant that Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were sitting together in the living room alone. It was uncanny how often this occurred as of late.

"We look like a bunch of losers." Ji Hyo remarked, and not without reason, for the both of them were doing homework assignments. Ji Hyo had just finished hers and slammed her laptop shut.

"Yeah. Everyone's probably out there getting laid but us." Jong Kook replied as he typed out his last sentence. He then closed his laptop and looked intently at Ji Hyo. 

"So... Remember how your sister came over the other day?" Ji Hyo nodded.

Please talk about the kiss.

"Well, the thing is, I have yet to claim my reward for helping you. Remember how you promised to do 'whatever I wanted'?" Ji Hyo raised her eyebrow. Really? Now? 

"Ok. So what do you want your reward to be?" Ji Hyo figured she might as well go with the flow since she had no idea what Jong Kook might ask for.

"First, could you get on your knees in front of me?" 

"What?" Was he serious?

"Yeah. I want to tell you my request while you're on your knees." 

Ji Hyo knew what his strange command implied. Under normal circumstances she would've given him a tight slap and left for her room. But for some reason she felt like she wanted to obey him.

And so she did. She was now on her knees in front of Jong Kook. He slowly leaned forward to Ji Hyo's face and her heart quickened in anticipation.

"I want to have that drink off with you." He murmured, before leaning back against the sofa and biting his lip to hold back the giggles.

What.

"Yah!" Ji Hyo immediately got up and whacked Jong Kook's arms in punishment as he burst out laughing when she realized getting down on her knees had nothing to do with his request.

"I must have scared the hell out of you didn't I? See, this is why I told you never to promise anyone to do whatever they wanted!" He continued to chuckle and Ji Hyo huffed. 

"Where's the alcohol?" She asked with her arms crossed.

"In the fridge. There's a bottle of tequila waiting for us. Let's do shots." Jong Kook went to the kitchen cabinets to get a few shot glasses while Ji Hyo went to the fridge to get out the tequila.

Ji Hyo began pouring tequila into the shot glasses, but yet seemed hesitant to drink.

"Why?" Jong Kook asked as he knocked back a shot. 

"What if neither of us wins and we both get drunk?" Ji Hyo replied as she too took a shot of tequila.

"Then neither of us wins and we both get drunk."

They both took another shot.

"What if we both get drunk- and then we have really rough ?"

Jong Kook smirked. "Then we both get drunk and have really, rough, ." He took pauses between the last three words as he felt like emphasizing how much he liked that idea.

Ji Hyo smiled and took a shot again. 

"But you don't have to worry about any of that." Jong Kook remarked.

"Why not?" Ji Hyo stopped smiling.

"Because you're going to lose. And I won't take advantage of you, so don't worry."

"Aww, why not? And why are you so sure I'll lose?" Ji Hyo cocked her head to her side as Jong Kook choked on his tequila.

"You... Want me to take advantage of you?" Ji Hyo laughed as she passed him a tissue.

"Maybe I do, and maybe I don't."

"You sure are sending me a lot of mixed signals here."

"I sure am. So why are you so sure that I'll lose?"

Jong Kook looked hesitant.

"No real proof huh?"

That got him talking.

"Remember your birthday?"

Ji Hyo's eyes shifted to the side in an attempt to recall.

"Honestly? There are some gaps in my memory." She shrugged.

"See, when we were at the club that night, we got into a bit of a tiff." Ji Hyo nodded.

"That I remember." Her expression soured. She didn't remember that to be happy. "You left."

"See, that's the thing. I didn't leave. And neither did you."

"Yeah, I stayed to drink some more on my own." And then the next morning she woke up with one hell of a hangover. "What do you mean you didn't leave? I thought you were mad at me."

"I was. We were both pissed. But I saw you drink and I couldn't help but sit in a dark corner by myself and watch you, just in case. You got drunk and passed out. Much faster than I thought you would, too." He drank a shot of tequila as he stopped talking.

"So what did you do after that?" Ji Hyo asked with her eyes glazed over.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter