The Date

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lee Sung Kyung? That's the girl Kwang Soo's been seeing?" Ji Hyo asked in disbelief with wide eyes, though she didn't actually know who Lee Sung Kyung was.

"Yeah. According to the grape vine, they've been having a purely physical relationship." Dong Wook replied with a shrug. It made Ji Hyo gag.

"Dong Wook-ah, I'm still his cousin, so please don't make me feel sick..." Dong Wook sheepishly patted on Ji Hyo's back. "By the way, how do you know all this?" Ji Hyo asked after she finished gagging.

"I get around a lot?" Dong Wook had an uncertain smile etched on his face. Ji Hyo decided not to pursue the matter any further, but still tutted at him.

"Sure, you get around a lot- but you can't even work up the courage to talk to the girl you're apparently in love with! If you don't buck up, Shin-" Dong Wook covered Ji Hyo's mouth as he looked around, afraid to let his secret get leaked out. 

"Shh! Someone might hear! And don't just nag at me- what about you with your Jong Kook Oppa huh?" Dong Wook taunted, only to face the smug and triumphant smile of Ji Hyo.

"You don't get to lecture me this time, Lee Dong Wook- Because I'm already dating my Jong Kook Oppa!" Ji Hyo announced proudly before sticking out her tongue.

"Really?" Dong Wook asked with widened eyes.

"Yup! We've done it and everything!" Now it was Dong Wook's turn to gag.

"Please- I really don't want to know about your life... Can we talk about something else?" Ji Hyo chuckled at Dong Wook's exaggerated expressions.

"Ok- tell me how you came to fall in love with you-know-who..." Ji Hyo asked with a cheeky smile. Dong Wook sighed.

"Do I really have to do this?" He asked. Ji Hyo gave him a glare in return that said all she wanted to threaten without using words.

"So it was raining that day-" Ji Hyo giggled. "Hey!"

"Yeah- I'm so sorry, it's just so cliched!" Dong Wook gave her a glare that made her stop.

"I didn't have an umbrella. And I was late for class and getting soaked-"

"And let me guess- Shin Hye-ssi just happened to see you and out of the goodness of her heart shielded you with an umbrella all the way to class even though it was out of her way?" Ji Hyo interjected with a raised eyebrow.

Dong Wook's face froze. "What- you- okay yeah you're right... I was going to get mad at you for interrupting but you were pretty spot on..." Ji Hyo laughed at his disbelief. His love story seemed like something straight out a drama.

"So since then, I've wanted to thank her for that and get to know her- but all I managed to do is find out her name and other miscellaneous details about her..." Dong Wook lamented.

"Isn't that kind of stalker-ish and creepy?" Ji Hyo asked.

"I was thinking more of romantic-"

"Nah, more of stalker-ish and creepy to me." Ji Hyo interjected to Dong Wook's annoyance. 

"Why am I friends with you again?" He asked with a shake of his head. Ji Hyo wasn't the least bit offended.

"Because I'm super cool." Dong Wook huffed. They were walking to the campus cafeteria for lunch before heading home, as they had no more classes for the day. 

"Yeah right-" 

"Yah- keep up that attitude and I'm not treating you to lunch!" Ji Hyo threatened with a pointed finger.

"Song Ji Hyo is so cool!" Dong Wook proclaimed in an exaggerated voice which made Ji Hyo crack up and receive weird stares from other students as they joined the queue.

About less than thirty seconds after Ji Hyo joined the queue at the cafeteria, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and smiled. It was Jong Kook.

"Ey? Oppa, what are you doing here?" Upon hearing Ji Hyo's voice behind him, Dong Wook too turned around.

"Oh! It's brother-in-law!" Dong Wook greeted, only to get weird stares from both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo.

"What are you talking about? You're not my brother and we're not married!" Ji Hyo chided, before turning back to Jong Kook.

"Oppa, what are you doing here?" She asked cutely as Jong Kook and her held hands.

"Aigoo... Your boyfriend turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter