Chapter 1: Should I Take the Lead?

Timid Love

Mina’s Room, 20.00 PM

MYOUI MINA POV

I’m just sitting in front of my PC, while monitoring the system in Marie app. Since I’m the main developer, I have obligation to do this, and I even have rights to look at all the chatroom. But I only look at it once or twice if the system gave an alert of a possibility inappropriate talks or other terms & conditions violations. Or yea.. if I’m bored I will sometimes take a look at it. just a peek..

Many people in my campus play with Marie. Kinda proud of myself but thank god no one knows about me as the creator of that. I mean.. I’ll be the center of attention and people will always talk to me and such.. I can’t stand it..

Talking about people in my campus.. Momo play with Marie too right? should I check her chatroom? No no no no.. I think I can’t do that… but.. I kinda curious on what she actually talk with Marie.. She and her friends seems always have so much fun while playing it..

Okay I’ll just have a peek. Just a little bit..

I typed Momo’s name in the search tab and waited for a moment while the system analyzed everything. After few seconds, her ID showed up and I clicked it.

While I scrolled, I can see that she often asked Marie to tell her a funny story or some jokes that somehow Marie can find through her wide access search engine. And I admit few of it are really hilarious. So this is how people tried to communicate with marie huh? maybe if I add feature that marie can send funny videos it’ll be nice. Okay noted, I’ll ask this to the director for approval first then.

But just when I want to close Momo’s chatroom, a DING sound came and it indicate a new chat coming from Momo.  Oh I don’t have to worry anything. if I opened the chatroom, Marie still can operate normally and the user won’t know that I read their conversation.

 

 “Hey Marie! Guess what happened today.”

“It must be a good thing.”

“Yes! Today I saw mina wearing a sky blue shirt dress and she’s really beautiful!”

 

 

EEEEEH?!!!

She knows my name?! she knows me??

no no no hold on! Most importantly.. she said I’m beautiful??

 Oh my god I can’t control myself anymore. why she suddenly said that to marie?!

But what makes me more surprised, is what marie said after that

 

“I remember you told me about mina. she’s your crush right?”

“Yes. Yes she is!”

 

KYAAAAAA!! She jus—oh my—how this can… AAA! I can’t control myself now!

Oh my god.. I’m so happy but at the same time I feel so wrong reading this…

How can she even has a crush on me? I mean.. we never talk, we don’t know each other, we barely even met, we’re in different major and most of all, both of us are totally different. She’s the popular girl that every students talk about. So it’s make sense if I have a crush on her eventho we never talk to each other.. But.. I’m no one. I’m just an ordinary student and people as popular as momo won’t even know I exist… How can she.. oh god.. My face is burning!!

Maybe sana the one who introduce me? Should I ask her then? Oh no no.. that girl will tease me for sure.. or.. should I pretend to be Marie and ask her how can she has a crush on me? well.. I don’t think that’s appropriate..

*DING*

 

“Maire… I love mina so much.. I wish we could be friends so we can spent many times together..

or maybe more >//<”

 

Once I read that, I quickly close the chatroom and ran to my bed. Oh my god my heart suddenly beating so fast… My feeling towards her is mutual.. it’s not one sided..Oh god.. I think I can’t sleep today..


JYP University Cafeteria, 13.15 PM Few days after that

Days went passed by normally after I read that chat. Of course I never dare to open the chat again.. with the fact that Marie actually saved my name as Momo’s crush in it’s database, made me somehow scared.. But I still confused and curious why Hirai Momo could have a crush on me.

To be honest, the reason why I didn’t know her feelings about me, it’s not because I’m dense. It just because Hirai Momo did nothing to at least grab my attention. Oh well.. both of us did nothing tho..

Every lunch break or whenever we in the same area, I always stole glance at her. But no.. she did nothing.  She just goofing around with her friends, or focused eating her lunch and such.. I never saw her looking at me. No interaction, no exchanging glance, nothing.. we did nothing so it’s make sense if both of us are clueless with each other feelings.. Even her friends clueless about Momo’s feeling or maybe momo just good at hiding her feelings..

Like what happened earlier… We short of bumped with each other and her friend just told her to be more careful and even apologize to me.. no teasing at all.. Momo herself also act normally. Not like what I did.  I acted all nervous and weird at that moment.. well the fact that I already know her feelings towards me made me more shy in front of her.. and you know what? I wish I have momo’s dense friends as my friends now. not these two.. I believe they’re sensing something from the weird antics I did earlier. Now… I got a sharped and curious glare from sana and jihyo and I think I’m doomed.

 

“You hide something from us aren’t you?” asked Jihyo and I just shook my head while munching my lunch. trying to act like I’m saying the truth.

“You have a crush on Momo aren’t you?” Sana’s question made me chocked.

“Bingo.” Said Sana and Jihyo at the same time.

“What makes you think like that? No.” I said it confidently but I don’t know… maybe they still can sense my nervousness.

“Well honey, you’re not being so subtle these days. You keep looking at her intensely. I repeat INTENSLY!” said Sana.

“Plus, you were so damn nervous earlier when you guys bumped to each other.” Why I have such a sharp friends! ugh.. okay I have to cover this up. I still not ready to tell them the truth.

 

“I don’t have a crush on her okay. you guys misunderstood this.” I said

“Oh so you’re not crushing on her.. you LOVE her aren’t ya?”

“Come on Sana.. stop throwing ridiculous assumptions.. how can I have a crush or even love someone that I barely even know.” I said

“so if you know her you would fall for her? I can introduce you to her if you want.” Sana’s words made me flustered and I can feel my face heated up.  

“Wha-? T-that’s not what I mean.. It jus—“

“Uuu someone’s blushing~” said Jihyo in a very teasing way.

“You can’t hide it from us anymore little penguin~”

“Ugh! fine fine! I am. Happy now?”

 

Those two squealed so hard when I finally admit my feelings towards momo. this couple—loud couple, being soo loud and they even bother moved from their bench to mine and showered me with hug and kisses.

Oh yeah kinda forget to tell you guys.. I’m a third-wheeler in this friendship. Sana and Jihyo are a couple since we’re high school. Since that time, they always act like my mom and they also treat me like I’m their baby.. They scold me if I skipped my meal, they scold me when I work or study until late night, and the most annoying thing is, they always pushed me to find a love live.. even my own mom never really did that..

So yea.. because I finally admit that I have a crush on someone and apparently it’s one of the most popular girl in our university, made these two acted like a proud mom and an over-excited friends combined.. ugh.. how can I be friends with them again? 

 

“My baby penguin already grow up~ I’m a proud mom now~” said Sana

“finally I won’t see you married with your laptop.” Said Jihyo

 “Ugh… don’t treat me like I’m your baby.” I said

“But you are our little penguin~ ujju ujju ujju~”

 

both snuggled and squeezed their cheeks on mine. Actually I’m okay if they did this.. it’s normal for them to be this affectionate to me. But we’re in campus cafeteria and all eyes looking towards us now.. EMBERRASING!!

 

“you guys need to stop it.. I’m getting annoyed..” the two then finally let go their hug and went back to their position. Finally..

“No need to be angry minari.. we just glad that finally you interested at a human being.”

“But you two made the entire cafeteria looking at us! It’s scary and embarrassing!” I said

“Okay okay.. gee.. sorry…” Sana paused a bit and then she prompted herself closer at me and looked me with her sparkling eyes “So.. want me to help you hook up with her?”

“What? no! I don’t need it. I could just admire her from a far..”

“Wae?? No! you can’t just do that!”

“of course I can.. many people do that to her too right? she has plenty fans around the campus.”

 

I opposed sana’s help because I think that I’m not suitable for her.. although she has a crush on me.. but still.. I think she deserve someone better than me. someone that suited with her.

 

“But mina you are different from those fans she has. You are the master mind behind ma—“ I quickly shut Sana’s mouth.

“You say that out loud again and I’ll throw away all your perfume collection.” She then gave me an apology gesture and that made me removed my hand from her. Okay I need to clarify this thing to them so they won’t try to play cupid or anything to make me close to Momo..

“you guys listen okay.... Yes maybe I created that thing, I am smart and such.. but can’t you see? Both of us is totally different. I’m living in a tiny comfort circle. While she’s living in a really big circle of friends. I’m a homebody and being in a crowd suffocating me. but she loves being in crowd. I hate attention.. but she loves being people attention. She’s pretty.. she’s charming.. she’s cool.. she’s talented and list could go on… but I’m just.. a girl who love game and computer. see? We’re totally in a different world. So even though you guys try to make me close to her, I still don’t deserve her.”

 

 After I said that to them, they didn’t say anything. instead, they just prompted their chin with their hands—doing flower pose, and threw a creepy smile at me.

 

“What?” I asked

“Babe, you hear that?” asked Sana

“Yes, I clearly heard it. she thinks momo is pretty, charming, and cool.”

“whipped culture right?”

“totally.”

“URGH! I HATE YOU GUYS!”

 

They’re laughing out loud because of my reaction. I don’t care what they’re doing now or how they attracted eyes towards our table again because of their loud annoying laugh. I just focus on finishing my lunch quickly so I won’t be late for the next class. Ugh why I can be friends with this two annoying and loud couple.

 

“Shut up and don’t talk to me again.” I said

“Oh come on mina.. don’t sulked like that..we just want to change the mood..” said Sana

“Yes.. You are being the pessimist mina now. Stop saying that you are nothing or you don’t deserve her.. you are special mina. and everyone worth to be with you.”

“Yes mina. Everyone will be so lucky to be close to you. Me and jihyo, we are so lucky that you want to be our friend and even let us in to your world. You are really wonderful and you have to believe that.”

 

I was touched when they told me that. To be honest I never have confidence with myself.. even both of them are the one who convinced me and pushed me to send Marie prototype proposal to JTech.. they are really my best support system and I’m glad back when we were little, we met each other and still be friends until now.

 

“Thank you.. but that doesn’t mean I forgive you guys for teasing me.” I said. Well I lied tho haha.

“Aw.. sorry sweetie.. it just you’re fun to tease..” I gave sana a glare after she said that yet she gave me a wink and a flying kiss. Ew.

“Okay to repay our mistakes.. how about I’ll treat you something?” asked Jihyo

“No.”

“Come ooon.. oh! I’ll buy you watermelon juice that you love.” Said sana

“I’m not a kid that you can easily bribe. So no.”

“Aaa minari~”

 

At first I don’t want to agree with it. but these two keep whining and pestering me so I don’t have a choice.

 

“Fine.. but I still have to finish some assignment after my last class..”

“Oh it’s okay.. we can wait. I have practice with my band and sana also have another dance practice with her crew. How about we meet at 6?”

“sounds like a plan.” I said.

“Good then!”

 

Suddenly my phone rang and it’s not a phone call, but an alarm that indicate my next class is going to start soon. Thank god I already finished my lunch so I bid goodbye to sana and jihyo, and then went straight to my class.


 Library, 17.40 PM

*BZZT BZZT*

A buzzing sounds woke me up from my sleep. oh no.. I overslept.. but thank god it’s not 6pm yet.

Earlier after I finished my lunch, apparently my class was suddenly canceled and I decided to finish my assignment in the library right away. maybe because I’m tired and it been so long I kinda overslept.. oh well thank god the  buzzing sound from my phone woke me up if not, I probably missed hanging out together with sana and jihyo. Okay Better check who is that fr—

But suddenly I felt something on my back. I don’t remember putting anything on my back or wearing any jacket today…. I peeked a little and it was an unfamiliar jacket that was wrapping my body. Automatically I took it and examined that jacket..

Hm.. who’s jacket is this? I’m positive it’s not mine and I never seen sana or jihyo wear it.. I look around and I see no one except the librarian. It was a bright red jacket with two white stripess on each sleeves that I assumed it’s impossible for the old librarian to have this kind of jacket. But who’s this belong to?

*BZZT BZZT*

*BZZT BZZT*

*BZZT BZZT*

Ugh.. this must be sana. She’s the only one I know that really like to spam me with tons of message.

*6 unread messages from Sana*

 But just before I want to open those messages, Sana called me

 

“Moshi mo—“

“MINA-YA!” I pulled away my phone as sana yelled so loudly. “Why you ignored my Messages and where are you!!”

“Oh god.. Sana.. no need to yell.. I was overslept earlier and I kinda need time to adjust.”

“oops.. sorry about that..”

“Never mind.. so why you spammed me?”

“Well my practice kinda finished earlier but Jihyo still practicing. Do you want to see her?”

“since I’m done with my assignments.. Okay, I’ll go.”

“Good! where you at? I’ll fetch you.”

“I’m in library near hall C.”

“Oh great! I was practicing in hall C! be there in the moment~ bye bye.”

 

While I waited Sana to come and fetch me, I put all the papers and my laptop back to my backpack after that I return all the books that I used to finish my assignments back to where it was supposed to be.

And now.. what should I do with this? I took the jacket and examined it again, searching for some clue. Hoping that maybe there’s a name, or maybe some ID left in one of the pockets. But I found nothing although I’m sure that this belongs to a girl because of the sweet and fruity scent that came out strongly from the jacket.

Hm… okay let’s scan names from my short friends list… my project group mate? No.. I think it’s impossible.. besides.. my friends or acquaintance that would do sweet gesture like this, are just jihyo and sana.. But since I never see them wearing this and also this sweet fruity scent is not theirs, I got more and more confused..

Oh well.. since this too confusing, I decided to give up and put the jacket into my bag and walk out from the library to wait sana there. I can search for the owner later..

.

.

I decided to wait sana in front of the library so she didn’t have to come in. But as soon as I went out from the library, I was attacked by Sana’s sudden hugs

 

“Miinarii!!” Said Sana while she bombarded me with hugs and kisses.

“oh god. sana.. can you stop being like this in public.. people might misunderstood us.” I said

“Wae?? You are my precious baby and I love showering you with hugs and kisses.” She then kissed me on the cheek and all I can do is just  let out a sigh and let my cheek got squished by sana’s..

“I can’t imagine how much hugs and kisses you gave to jihyo..”

“Oh honey. I kiss her every time and everywhere I want. Sometime I leave few marks too. you want some?” She said that with a really weird face and weird intonation

“Ew! No! How can you talk something as embarrassing as that out loud??” sana just laughed at me.

“Oh by the way. I want to introduce you to my friend.” Said sana

“who?”

“He—YA! What are you doing there? Come here!”

 

I followed where sana’s talking to and the moment I saw Sana’s friend, I automatically gave sana a shocked look. Yes it' It’s all because the friend that Sana’s going to introduce, is none other than Hirai Momo. Ugh it’s kind of irritated me that Sana decided to play cupid and help both of us get close. And what irritated me the most is how sana gave me a teasing smirk… that girl really.. ugh..

 

“So, Minari. This is my friend and also one of my dance crew member, Hirai momo. Momo, this is my very best friend Myoui Mina.” Both of us was so awkward and just bowed politely toward each other.

 

But hold on… I froze for few seconds when I bowed down to her. A pair of bright red training pants with white stripes on each side of it caught my attention and yes.. I’m talking about Momo’s pants.

 familiar? Yes. It’s look so similar with the mysterious jacket that now neatly folded inside my bag.

Oh god..

Don’t tell me.. she’s…

KYAAA!! Could she be the owner of the jacket? Well her pants looks so similar like it’s really the pair of the jacket.. Knowing this fact makes my heart start beating faster.. of course I will be hysteric like this! The probability that my crush, who actually has a crush on me too and she was secretly doing such a sweet gesture to me. how I’m not hysteric about this?!

 

“Hello..” hearing she said that, I quickly rose my head and tried so hard to compose myself. “Nice to meet you, Myoui-ssi.” Said Momo.

“N-Nice to meet you too, H-Hirai-ssi.”

I could see Sana tried to hold her laugh seeing how nervous I am right now. ugh I hate her.. come on Mina. don’t be nervous. Calm down.. there’s also a possibility that Momo isn’t the owner of the jacket right? many people have nerdy jacket these days.. calm down..

 

 “Hello? My wallet? Oh god! Thank you for telling me. I’ll go back and pick it up.” When sana said that, my nervousness build up again as I sense something fishy from her. And yes!! I could see that she pretend to receive call tho actually there isn’t any call for her. I HATE HER!

“You guys stay here for a moment okay. I left my wallet in practice room. I’ll be quick!” But to my surprise, Momo quickly hold Sana’s hand and she said with a really panic face,

“I- I’ll pick it up for you..”

“Naah it’s okay. you can wait here, and in the meantime, you can talk and get to know each other, okay?”

 

 without even waited our words, Sana already dashing back towards the hall C, leaving both of us in a really awkward vibe.

 

“O-Oi Sana!” Sana didn’t even turned back when Momo called her. what should I do know… talk to her? but talk about what? the jacket? No no no.. what if she’s not the owner? But she has the same pants right? but again she’s not the onl—

 

“I-is Sana always that clumsy? Left her things like that?” she asked.

“N-Not really..but.. M-maybe she’s just too excited because we’re about to watch Jihyo’s practice.”

 

Both of us hung our head low and timidly tried to see each other face. we kinda exchanged glance, but both of us looked other way quickly. Wait.. she avoided my glance?

I secretly peeked towards her and guess what?? She looks soo nervous, playing with her fingers and keep looking at her feet. Wow.. this is really surprising.. I thought.. I thought that Hirai momo is such a cool, charismatic girl.. and she always looks so confident on the stage. I don’t know she has this shy personality inside her.. or maybe she only like this to a person that she… love?

Okay somehow this shy side that Momo showed me gave me courage and confident. Let’s go mina. just ask her.

 

“Hirai-ssi..” The moment I called her, Momo lifted her head quickly and she looks shocked and flustered. Okay this gave me so much confidence.

“I think I should give this back to you..” I said as she took out the jacket from my bag When I gave it to her, she looked stunned and I can see that she turned nervous. Very nervous. Okay.. this is quite interesting.. “This is yours right?”

 “I-it’s not mine..”

 

New information that I got today about momo. Not just she actually a shy girl, but she also bad at lying. I can see how momo stunned the moment I took out the jacket out of my bag and the way momo stuttered? Everything makes it obvious that the jacket, is really hers. Hahaha she’s so cute

 

“r-really? but this matched with your pants tho..”

 

After hearing that, she automatically looked down to her pants—a bright red baggy training pants with white stripes on each side, and she paused for a second. Maybe realizing how her plan to lie is failed.

 

“Hirai-ssi?”

 

She quickly rose up again, and I can see her face turned red.  After that she shook her head in a quick and panic motion. Whoa.. she’s actually not as calm as I imagine.. I mean look how easy she turned so panic and flustered. I think.. She even.. Worse than me..

 

“W-well.. n-no! I left the pair in my house.. yes.. I-it’s not mine.. really.”

“So.. you just came to campus wearing training pants and plain t-shirt like that?” Momo nods her head vigorously

“and.. all the lecturer fine with it?” again she gave me vigorous nods. Hahaha she’s cute.. I guess I should’ve just play along with her lies..

 “okay then.. I’m really sorry.. I thought it was yours. Do you perhaps have any idea who’s this belongs to? The only clue I have is just this belongs to a girl.”  I said that while putting back the jacket into my bag

 “and she has this sweet fruity perfume scent. Just like what you are wearing now,” I added.

“W-well m-maybe the owner have the same perfume brand as me.. I-it’s a famous brand after all.. haha ahha haha..” Momo let out a really awkward laugh when she said that. Oh god she’s too obvious!!

“Who could it be.. do you have any clue? Maybe like your friend who wear the same perfume?”

“I- I don’t know.. Sorry..”

 

Hmm…should I test and more? oh gosh why suddenly I have this confidence and can even dare to ? maybe I kinda understand why Sana and Jihyo like to tease me.. when shy people is being teased, they showed this cute reaction.. okay let’s more.

 

“It’s okay. I think I have to find the owner by myself and once I meet her, maybe I’ll treat her for dinner because she’s been so sweet and caring to me.” Her face turned stoic when I said that. Hahaha she’s so funny.. its really visible that she regret her decision..

 

“H-hope you find her soon then..”

“Thank you, Hirai-ssi.”

“Y-you can call me Momo.. but it’s okay if you’re not comfortable.. I understand.” I felt my lips formed a smile after she said that.

“Then you can call me Mina too if you want, Momo.” She tried so hard to conceal her smile and it was so cute! god… maybe seeing someone act more shy than me kind of trigged me to be braver huh?

 

“mmm.. Mina-ssi.. maybe it’s kinda rude.. but can I have your number?”

And now that bring back my shy self.. I can have momo’s phone number? Is this a dream?

 

“W-well.. Sana told many things about you and jihyo… and.. I… I love y—I mean I love to talk to you! yes. Like I want to know you. Seems like you’re a fun person… but it’s okay if you don’t want to.. i-I understand.” Said momo.

“S-Sure.. Y-you seems like a fun and interesting person too.” she then gave me her phone and I typed my number in it.

“Thank you.. I’ll message you soon.”

 

I didn’t know Hirai momo is this kind of girl.. I thought she was like a typical popular girl.. act cool, hard to talk with, confident with people.. but here she’s.. acting a lot more timid and awkward than me and the way she talks is really cute. i mean she has this unique voice like a cute anime character. Totally different with her charismatic, strong, and cool vibe that I always see whenever I came to watch sana and her crew perform.. She’s interesting and yes.. it made me fall for her more.

 

 “Hey guys! I got my wallet back!” said sana who suddenly showed up

“thank god. I still can got my free watermelon juice.” I said while trying to get out from slight awkward and heavy atmosphere between me and Momo.

“Oh by the way.. jihyo already finished her practice and she asked if you’re okay with samgyeopsal? She’s been carving that..”

“sure. She the one who’s going to pay so.. I’m okay.”

“Good! oh momo, do you want to come too? Free samgyeopsal tho~”

“If I’m not bothering you then.. okay.”

“Yeey!! Kajja!! I miss my thomas~”

Now I kinda wanna thanks sana for playing cupid. Hahaha.. I wonder what’s other surprise Momo will show me after this..

.

.

.

After we met Jihyo, the four of us went straight to the KBBQ restaurant near our university and eat there. To my surprise.. Momo is a heavy eater.. She ate like 3 bowls of rice and finished the whole kimchi jjigae that Sana ordered. Of course she eat samgyeopsal too.. But wow.. the amount of food that she ate really amazed me..

The four of us was eating and chatting lively. Laughing together, shared our thoughts and such.. Maybe because momo been in such wide relation with people so it easier for her to blend into new people. But for me? it’s weird.. I never feel this comfortable with other people except Sana and Jihyo. I’ve had to hang out with one of jihyo or sana’s friend few times and I always excuse myself early because the uncomfortable that I felt.

But with momo? I don’t know.. maybe because I have a crush on her? no.. I should have been panic and wanted to go home right away. but just the way she talked to me with her cute and soft voice, looking at me with her sparkling and delicate eyes.. it just hypnotized me.

I was so comfortable and i acted just like when I only with jihyo and sana. But the thing is even with sana and jihyo.. I always the one who keep silent.. listen to their conversation, laughing when something funny came up, and sometimes I jumped in the conversation when I want to. I did those too now... and I’m afraid that she thinks I’m cold.. what if she decided to forget her feeling about me because she thinks  that I’m not really that nice? Or I’m not really that good to talk to? oh god why suddenly I felt this insecurities?

*RING* *RING*

My phone suddenly rang and when I looked at the screen, it’s from one of my team in JTech.

 

“I-I’m sorry.. I’ll take this for a moment.”

 

I left the table for a moment to take that call away from them. well they were in a really exciting conversation and I don’t want to bother them with a phone call.

 

“Good evening, Kim-ssi.”

“Good evening, Myoui leader, I’m sorry if I bothered your time but this is urgent.”

 

It’s embarrassing that other people who is older than me already called me leader like that.. but since I’m the creator they called me that. All my team call me that. But they always act like that if it just work relate thing..

 

“Oh no it’s okay.. is there something that I could help?” I said

“Yes.. actually there’s someone trying to hack into Marie’s system.”

“Again?”

“Yes.. Me and the other security team can wiped the threat. But we think, your security system is way better than us.. so.. maybe you could change it back like the first time you created.”

 

Oh yes.. when I agree to give the prototype to JTech, they have this policy that they’re the one who maintain and control the app security system. So I have to change the security system and use theirs. I’m okay tho since JTech is a well-known company.. but these days, after Marie become a hot stuff among people, there’s too many attack that tried to steal Marie’s data. But thank god the security team is good.

 

“Won’t the director prohibited it?” I asked

“It’s okay… we the security system team will be the one who talk to the director if he found out about this. we respect and trust your capability very much, leader.”

“Okay I’ll do my best. After I finished, I call you again.”

“Yes.. I’m really sorry to bother your day.”

“It’s okay. please stand by and wait for my call kim-ssi.”

“Roger that boss.”

 

After that I went back to the table and tidying up my things.

 

“What’s wrong mina?” Asked Jihyo

“Something happened with Mar—I mean works.. yea.. so um I’m sorry I have to go home first.. is that okay?”

“Oh gosh what happened?”

“Someone tried to break the system but thank god the team already deal with it.. but I have to renew the system so I need my PC.” I said

“aw.. that’s awful.. Okay then you must hurry and go back to your house..”

“Well thank you for your treat and Momo-ssi, it’s nice to hang out with you. see you tomorrow.”

Just when I want to go out, Momo’s voice stopped me

 

“Mina-ssi! Need a ride?”

“Uh? No it’s okay.. I can just ride the bus.. You can continue your dinner..”

“I’m full tho and i-I think it’ll be faster if you ride my bike.”

“Right mina, just go with her.” said Sana.

“o-okay then.. sorry for the burden.”

“Naah.. it’s okay. Jihyo, Sana, thank you for the food. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” said Momo as she bid goodbye to Jihyo and Sana

“Okay! Drive safely!!”


Parking Lot 19.50 PM

Now we’re on the parking lot, in front of Momo’s white scooter. You know what? I think momo is actually a soft girl hiding behind her charismatic image. I mean.. look at her scooter. She has two pink helmet with white Barbie and hello kitty stickers on it and there even two small stickers on the scooter.

 

“So you like Barbie?” Momo was confused at first but when I pointed the Barbie sticker on her helmet, she smiled and nod

“Barbie and everything that related to pink.”

“I thought you didn’t like that kind of stuff.. you know.. you presences in stage are kind of strong..”

“Yea.. I get that a lot..” after she clicked her helmet, she then makes sure that my helmet already in the proper condition,

 

“Oh wait.. eum.. Mina-ssi.. Y-you know it’s kinda cold when riding a bike. So eum.. you know.. you could wear the jacket that someone gave to you.”

“Okay then..” I took out the jacket from my bag and wear it. whoa.. it’s little bit bigger than I expected..

“Hop on.” Said Momo who already sat on her scooter.

“How about you? You don’t wear any jacket?”

“It’s okay. I’m used to it.”

“Really?”

“Yes..  really I’m okay. come on.”

 

I hopped on her scooter and at first I don’t know what to do, but Momo suddenly asked me to hold her. I was hesitated but since this is my first time riding a bike, and afraid that I might fall, I just complied and hug her. She’s so warm and although she smells like KBBQ restaurant, but her sweet fruity scent still strongly attached and to be honest, it’s comfortable near her.

 

“Comfortable enough?”

“Yes.. Just Um.. please don’t drive too fast...”

“Okay.. I’ll drive safely.. hold tight..”

 

After that, the white scooter start leaving the parking lot. Since the restaurant surrounded by huge window, people outside can see inside clearly and so do them. and there I saw Sana and Jihyo waving at me while giving me a teasing smile from inside the restaurant. Okay tomorrow they will bombarded me with tease. Oh well I don’t really mind..

Like what Momo promised me, she really drive safely. She’s not that fast and makes me comfortable. I never ride a bike before so I have this nervousness whenever we passed through a bus, or when we stopped near a car, or when another bike went passed us in a high speed but momo just patted my hand like she knows I’m scared and she tried to comfort me. Yes.. I fall for her more deeply now..

Without I realized, we finally arrived in front of my house. I hop off from her bike and returned back her helmet.

 

“Thank you so much for the ride.” I said

“Don’t mention it.. But I want to apologize tho.. ride a bike might be a little scary for you right?”

“Well It’s my first time riding it..”

“Next time we’ll just ride a car.” Next… time?

 

Momo realized on what she was just saying and seeing my shocked and confused face she started to get panic again and tried to clarify what she meant.

 

“I-I mean you know.. i-I can drive you home again if you want.. b-besides.. we’re friends now.. right?”

 

To be honest I wanna laugh right now.. she always so nervous and it’s so funny.. But since I don’t want to seem too rude, I gave momo a smile and said, “I’ll be waiting for that moment then.”

 

And because of that, a big and happy smile appeared on her face. a pure and cute smile that I never seen before.

 

“Well.. I still need works to do.. see you tomorrow?”

“Yeah. see you tomorrow.. and good luck for whatever you’re doing.”

“Thank you.. be careful on your way back home.”

 

She her scooter engine and after she bid goodbye at me, she drove away back to her house.

What a lucky day..


Mina’s room, 22.00AM

I stretch my body as soon as I informed my team that the security system is renewed. I spent like one hour or more, I don’t know but I hope now no one could try to break Marie security system again. God! people these days trying so hard to steal Marie’s technology and my idea… Now I’m so tired!

*BUZZ*

Oh right I haven’t check my phone.. okay let’s see those messages.

When I opened the lock screen, there’s 4 unread messages. One from Sana, one from Jihyo, and two from an unknown number.

I didn’t want to open neither sana nor jihyo’s message since I know it’s just full of their teases about what happened earlier. Okay let’s just open from the unknown number first.

 

Message from Unknown number:

Hi there! It’s me Momo. Well I just want to say hi that’s all. I promised you right, that I will message you today? :D

Good luck with your work! Fighting!!

 

And the last messages that just came in said,

 

Message from Unknown number:

Hey.. still working? Don’t sleep too late okay?

Good night ^-^

 

My lips automatically curved up when I read those two messages.

Well.. won’t you?

If your crush wished you good luck, or cheering you, or even reminded you not to sleep late.. You’ll be happy too right? She’s really sweet.. I’m glad sana decided to play cupid.. I think this is the only sana cupid plan that worked on me. hahaha of course I always decline anyone that she paired me.. Since Momo always the only one in my head and it won’t change. so yea.. hahaha

I feel strange today.. sometimes I feel shy around her, and sometimes I feel so confident and I can even do or say anything that I would never do with other people. Really.. Momo gave me such comfortable feeling that quickly made me at ease and can even treat her like the way I treat sana and jihyo. Maybe that’s the reason why she has so many friends around her.. she can give that comfy and friendly aura to everyone. But I guess… she only showed her timid and awkward self around me huh? hahaha so cute..

Oh right I have to save her contact and reply her messages

 

 Message to Momo:

Hi there Momo-ssi :)

 Sorry for the late reply. I was just finished my work.

By the way thank you for your support and good night too ^^

 

Few seconds after that, another messages came and it was from Momo

 

Message from Momo:

It’s okay but mina-ssi. You should sleep now. like right now

 

Message to Momo

Then why you still up momo-ssi? You should sleep too

 

Message from Momo:

I’m playing with Marie atm kekeke^^

 

Message to Momo:

Just sleep.. Marie can’t be sleepy but you can.

 

Message from Momo

Okay I’m going to sleep now. but you too okay? have a good sleep Mina-ssi

 

Message to momo:

Sweet dream Momo-ssi..

 

Marie huh? should I check it? naah.. isn’t it kind of cheating? I already know what she feels about but she knows nothing about me? but oh well.. I’ll just gonna read what she talked about with Marie today. that’s all.. I won’t do it again next time..

When I opened her chatroom, I can’t help but smile. She told Marie about the jacket thing.. how she freaked out when I suspecting her as the owner.. But Momo innocently thinks that I fell for her lies. Such an innocent thought! Hahaha..

and what makes me happy, is she was actually okay with my personality.. like she said that although I didn’t talk much, but when I start talking, she felt warmness and just like she’s expected, she thinks I’m kind.. oh gosh I’m blushing. And another thing that made me chuckled and smile, is how she was so hysteric when I hug her. hahaha.. she’s really something..

Well for me, Momo is perfect. She has a really amazing visual, unique characteristic, remarkable talent, and lastly.. she’s has a really good personality that I never imagine could be like this.. do I regret getting close to her? no. do I regret fall in love with her? No way.

But.. both of us are shy and I believe none of us will have initiative to do something.. I’m the lay back type and like to be lead.. what will happened to us? If no one brave enough to take the first step.. we won’t move forward right? so.. should i.. should I take the lead?

Ugh I don’t know. I’ll just follow the flow.. Eventually time will lead us together if we’re really meant to be together.. right?



Author's Note:
HI HI HI! HAHAHA told ya this will be faster than Sealed voice~
well.... i'll update the new chapter in 2 weeks okay.. like usual.. university is such a hectic place full with assignments..
But i'll try to finish it quicker yet again.. can't promise you that kekeke ^^

okay i don't now what to say anymore but please if you curious on how this story will going on, click the subscribe button! or if you love this story, please click the upvote button! or if you want everyone to read this, please shared to your friends or your community or to everywhere you want! Don't forget to leave your toughts and please give me feedback in the comment box ^^ 

Love you all my readers ^3^




kamsahamnida~