Chapter 2: This Is Embarrassing!

Timid Love

HIRAI MOMO POV

It’s been weeks that me and Mina started to get know each other. Well it’s not like we hang out together every day... To be honest I tried to ask her hang out countless time. But Mina isn’t an unemployed university student like me so she’s super busy and always has something emergency coming.. well it’s okay tho.. at least sometimes we accidently meet each other and threw small and short talks or we exchange messages..

You see, none of my friend aware about my feelings toward mina. I kept this as a secret since 2 years ago. The first time I met her, is when she came to my dance crew practice. She’s not alone.. she came with Jihyo and yes of course she’s there to watch Sana. But I just fell for her? I don’t know.. at first I don’t believe with love at the first sight, but sappily, it happens to me. Then the feeling grows deeper and deeper as Sana frequently talking about her and of course I always listen to every single information or interesting stories that she tells..

Since I’m surrounded by single ladies and Mina’s visual is out of this world, I prefer to hide my feelings from my friends. Well my friends are people with a lot of charms.. and except dancing, I think I don’t have any particular charm like what they have.. yes.. I’m easily to get jealous. so.. must keep mina away from my friends eyes.

Now I’m eating with my friends in the cafeteria. None of them actually same majored as me but because we’re friends since pretty long time, we are close and tried so hard to meet every lunch break.

Whenever me and my friends round up and talk, the topic will be amazingly random. It can be start with their funny stories from their class to how annoying their lecturer are, then can turned into how delicious cake or food that one of my friend ate yesterday (and this topic I mostly focus on) and now, it turned to a love live story...not about us but out of nowhere jeongyeon tells us about her sister that going to married soon and how her boyfriend proposed to her. Of course being such a miserable single ladies made all of us envied Jeongyeon’s sister life.

Weirdly, because of that talk, my mind thinks about mina.. Maybe because I love her so much or I miss talking with her? the last time I hang out with her is when sana asked me to join their hang out which is also the first time i hang out with Mina.. so I wanna talk with her more.. getting to know her more.. should I try today? but what if she’s busy? Mm.. well if she’s busy then I’ll skip the plan.. at least I have to try and ask her..

and it seems like god trying to help me get closer to mina since suddenly I see mina walking into the cafeteria. She’s with Sana and Jihyo, and they started lining up for buying their food. The three of them seems into a talk—a funny one and mainly Sana the one who speak.. While Mina and Jihyo listened and sometimes laughed.

Hm.. since Mina is with her friends, it’ll be so awkward if I come there, greet everyone, yet only ask mina to hang out.. well Sana and Jihyo are my friend too.. tho not really that close.. but still..  Well I think it’s okay if I ask them to come to.. who knows probably they will spoiled interesting story about mina. Okay this is my time now.

 

“Hey I wanna grab some drink. You guys need something?” I asked while my eyes still lingered on mina. well I just don’t want to lose sight on her.

 

“I want coke.” Said Jeongyeon

“Strawberry shake!” yelled Nayeon and Chaeyoung

“Chocolate shake!” said Dahyun

“Okay one coke, two strawberry shake, one chocolate shake. And you tzuyu?”

“No need eonni. I’ll just drink my infused water.”

“okay got it. I’ll be back.” After that I quickly walked towards where Mina and her friends stood.

.

.

Thank god the line isn’t that long so the moment Mina, Sana and Jihyo finished ordering and waited their order, I’m ordering my drinks and actually it grabbed their attention on me

 

“Hi! Momo!” said Sana. I looked towards her and greeted her back

“Hi there!”

 

After I’m done paying the bill, I walked towards them and threw smiley wave. But when my eyes met mina, smiling mina, I suddenly got tensed and end up bowing at her. great momo great.

 

“You alone?” asked Sana

“N-Nope, I’m with my friends.. just doing errands for them.” I said. Lying of course.

“Yikes.. poor you..”

“Naah I’m used to it.. by the way.. are you guys free after school? It’s been awhile we haven’t hang out together.” I said to everyone but my eyes stopped at Mina.

“I think I’m free..” said Mina.

 

Yes!! She’s free!!

 

“What about you guys? Jihyo? Sana?”

“We’re so fre—“

“freakin busy! oh sorry momo.. but Jihyo and I already have schedule..” Said Sana

“What schedule?” Asked Mina.

“We have the unscheduled-schedule that we held every once a month. And today is the day!” said Sana as she hugged jihyo’s arm tightly and her eyes winking weirdly..

 

And what makes it weirder, is Jihyo also looked confused. Ooh.. don’t tell me Sana knew that I just wanna spent time with mina and she tried to help? lucky me then.. but.. doesn’t that mean she knows my feeling towards mina? oh god that’s kinda bad…

 

“Honey, say something. don’t tell me you forget about it??” again sana doing things with her eyes but now jihyo understand it.

“Ah! right… that thing.. yea I forgot.. Sorry honey. And momo, sorry we have the unscheduled-schedule today.”

“Why I never heard this thing exist?” asked Mina with her eyes pinched suspiciously. Damn she’s sharp.. I bet she’s sensing lies from Sana. Which is true… perhaps?

“Oh we never tell you about it..” said Sana

“And why is that?”

“Because you always hate whenever I tell you about me and Jihyo spending time in our room and threw hugs and ki—“

“Okay stop stop! I get it! No need to continue anything you wanna say.” Said Mina as she quickly cut sana’s explicit talks. the way mina panicking like that is so cute. 

 

“Both of you can go and have fun together tho! No need to think about us.” Said Sana

“Mostly you, Mina. you need to have some fun.” Said Jihyo

“So.. M-mina-ssi.. is it okay if it just the two of us?” I asked

“I-I should be the one who ask you that.. are you okay with that?”

“Of course! I’ll be delighted!” Small smile appeared on her face yet that small smile trigged a big weird smile appeared on my face..

“Finally Mina having fun! Whoow! Thank you momo.”

“It’s nothing..”

“PARK JIHYO!”

 

Suddenly the cafeteria worker yelled Jihyo’s name out loud, indicating that her order is already done and ready to be taken.

 

“Yes that’s mine!” tho the one who answered the cafeteria worker’s call not jihyo but sana

“Well Momo, were going first okay?” Said Sana

“yes sure sure..”

 

The three walked toward the counter to pick their food, but before that, Mina stopped and asked me,

 

“eum.. momo-ssi.. Is it okay if we go at 5? I finished my class around that time..”

“Sure.. I’m done practicing at that time.. so, want me to pick you up in your faculty?” I asked

“If it didn’t troubled you then.. okay..”

“5 PM in front of your faculty building. Got it.” Mina smiled after I said that and then she bowed to me politely

“I’ll take my leave now.. see you at 5 momo-ssi..”

“See you Mina-ssi..”

 

After those three took their foods, they left and search for empty seat. Of course when they went passed me the bid good bye.. but Sana was different. she went passed me while threw me a really mischievous smile at me.. crap she definitely knows my secret..   

Oh well that doesn’t really matter. What matters now is the fact that I will hang out with mina! just the two of us! HAHAHA!! Praise the lord!

.

.

“Here’s your order!” I said as I distributed all the drinks that my friends order.

 

After I distributed the drinks I sat and happily drank my vanilla shake. Oh look! Mina is in her usual spot! I can see her clearly from here even tho it’s quite far and a little bit blocked by Sana’s back.. But I still can see her and my eyes never left Mina’s beautiful face.

Mina is something. Something wonderful I mean. Just by seeing her face I know how smart she is, how well-mannered she’s and to be honest… at first I was a little bit intimidated by her.. although sometimes she walked like a penguin, but her stance… she’s really the epitome of elegance.. her proportion is perfect.. and her eyes.. from a far she looks cold. But when I talked to her that day, she’s soo different from what I’ve imagined and totally like what Sana always saying.. a warm and bright baby.

I mean look at that smile.. her gummy smile is really something that burned down all the intimidation I felt towards her. this probably hundred time for me to say this.. But she’s really cute..

 

“Ekhm!” hearing a pretentious cough from my friends side, I quickly darted my sight towards them and okay.. why everyone gave me a sharp glare?

“Eum.. did I… Miss.. something?” I asked

“More like we’re the one who missed something.” said Jeongyeon.

“What??”

“You hiding something from us right?” asked Nayeon

“Yes.. something related to Minatozaki Sana.” What jeongyeon said made me clueless. What and why the hell she can think something like that?

“Sana? No.. There’s nothing.. why suddenly ask me that?”

“Oh come on! You’re not subtle enough these past days, ms. Hirai. We saw you staring at Sana many times.”

 

Oh.. I’m being too obvious huh these days? This is the first time that they caught me looking towards Sana, Jihyo and Mina’s table. Usually no one notice it since we’re focusing neither to our lunch, stories, or busy playing Marie. But thank god these airheads thinks that I’m interested in Sana.. while actually Mina is the only one who caught my eyes since the beginning.

 

“And earlier eonni just out of nowhere wanna buy us a drink just for what? so you can talk to Sana sunbae?” asked Chaeyoung

“Well I just wanna ask them to hang ou—“

 “You love her huh?” asked Jeongyeon

“Wha? No! we’re ju—“

“Eonni! Sana sunbae already taken!” said Dahyun

“Yes and although you are my friend eonni, but Jihyo eonni is my band leader so I won’t let you snatched her girlfriend.” Said tzuyu

“please eonni.. I respect you so much so just give up and don’t try to snatch sana sunbae.” Said chaeyoung

 

Ugh! they totally misunderstand this situations!! Okay it’s hard but I think revealing my feelings towards mina is the only way to clear this misunderstanding between me and my friend.

 

“Whoa whoa.. hold up.. you guys misunderstand this.. there’s nothing between me and Sana..”

“Just be honest Momo.”

“No! really! I don’t have any feelings towards her. we’re just friends.. And yes you’re right the reason why I keep looking towards Sana’s table is because I am indeed have feelings from one of her friends.”

 

Suddenly my friend let out a grasp and gave me such a shocked face. now what? did they finally realize that I love Mina?

 

“Don’t tell me you love Jihyo?”

“What?? noo! Ugh why you guys so slow!! There are three of them!”

 

Jeongyeon who sat beside me and have a clear sight to mina, shocked upon knows the answer.

 

“You must be kidding me..” said Jeongyeon

“What who? You know something jeong?” asked Nayeon

“The person she likes is Sana’s and Jihyo’s nerd friend.”

“Hey don’t call her that! She has a name!” I said

“Well sorry.. I don’t know her name..”

“Her name is Myoui Mina.”

“Who? Never heard such name exist.” Said Chaeyoung

“yeah me too.” said Tzuyu

“me three.” Said nayeon

“me four.” Said Dahyun.

“me five. But if you guys curious about her looks, turn around. She’s there in front of sana and jihyo, eleven o’clock from my point of view.”

 

Suddenly all of my friends looked towards the direction that Jeongyeon told them. I’m okay if they curious about mina, tho I kinda worried that one of them might snatched by her beauty.. but the way these airheads being so obvious—turned their head at the same time and move around to find perfect sight of her, makes me buried my face in embarrassment. Dahyun and Chaeyoung embarrassed me the most.. Those two even stood on their bench so they could have a clearer view. Hhh…. Why on earth I have to be their friends…

 

“Whoa.. so that’s the one who win our charismatic momo’s heart...” Said Nayeon.

“Interesting..” said Tzuyu

 

Tho they already saw her, none of them sat on their seat again since they just stood and examined mina from a far. Urgh! The whole campus might found out about if they’re being this obvious!!

 

“I know you guys are curious but please can you guys stop being so damn obvious?? Dahyun, Chaeyoung sit down!” thank god everyone did what I told them to as they now already sit normally in their seat again.

 

“The amount of nerd vibe is so strong from her.” said Chaeyoung

“So what? she’s pretty.”

“whipped. But yea kinda agree with that.” Said Chaeyoung.

“Since when and how can you even notice her? I knew many student in the campus since I’m in the school news club.. but.. never know anything about her.” said Dahyun.

“well it’s starting when she came to my practice back when we still in the fir—“

“YOU LOVE HER SINCE TH—” I quickly closed Nayeon mouth since she’s being too loud.

“Sssh! Not too loud you dumbo! And yes.. I do love her since first year..”

 

“You hid that fact from us that long?! Whoa.. i thought we are friends..” said Nayeon.

“we are.. it just.. since all of us are single.. I just afraid that one of you might fall for her too if I told you guys about it..”

“Don’t worry. Timid love is your style not mine.” Said Nyeon

“agree.”

“me too.”

“me three.

“me four.”

“I’m not timid!” protested me.

“said someone who call for help on the first day of freshmen year just because she’s scared meeting new people.” Said jeongyeon

“Hey everyone scared on their first day of university!” I said

“Not me.”

“not me too.”

“not me three.”

“not me fo—“

“Can you guys stop it!” and they laughed their lungs out because of that. Ugh… these friends of mine always love to do this.. teasing me knowing I can’t really handle teases well.. hate them.

 

“If it ain’t timid love, probably it’s bottom love.” Nayeon suddenly scoffed when Jeongyeon said that.

“Hearing a bottom referred other people a bottom is so weird.” Said Nayeon.

“Oh so you’re a top now? really?” suddenly Nayeon leaned forward and gave jeongyeon who sat across her a really sneaky smirk. I sense something inappropriate would come out from

“Wanna prove it? I can show it to you if you want.”

 

Told ya..

 

“EW! MY INNOCENT EYES AND EARS ARE TAINTED!” Yelled Chaeyoung

“God I need to purify my eyes and ears with holy water.” Gosh dahyun went overboard at this haha.. dork.

 

Nayeon is Sana in my circle of friend. But the different is, Sana’s taken yet Nayeon still miserably single. Well I’m used to it since it’s normal for nayeon to say something like that.. Mostly she said it only to jeongyeon, a panic gay who pretends to be confident.

 

 “W-What you can show? A granny trying to be y?” Hahaha jeongyeon stuttered! See.. told you she’s pretending to be confident one.

“A granny that can make you scream mommy, jeong. That’s what you’d get.”

“ENOUGH OF THIS AAAAA!!!”

 

Again my table become so noisy and I just laughed with them. thank god this thing happened and stop the discussion about my feelings towards Mina. I’m still shy talking about my feelings toward mina since I never talk about it with anyone.. oh well minus Marie.. but marie isn’t a human.. so yea.. its different.

Speaking of mina, does she already lea—

Oh.

Our eyes met..

She’s looking at me? or what? does she..

OH MY GOD SHE’S INDEED LOOKING AT ME!

OH OH! SHE’S SMILING AND WAVING AT ME NOW!!

 

I rose my hand and wave back at her and oh god! She’s giggling!!!

 

“See.. timid love.” I snapped my head to my right and saw all my friends smirking at me. I quickly pull down my hand and grabbed my drink, act like I did nothing.

“Does waving at her from a far make you happy Momo-ya?”

“S-shut up.”

And those girls laughing their lungs out while here I am, trying to hide my redden face. hate them so much.

.

.

.

17.15PM

“Bye guys!”

“Hey momo wai—“

I quickly ran out from the Hall towards Mina’s Faculty. I even ignored what one of my crew member trying to say since now I’m late! So damn late!! I bet mina already waited me so long. Ugh…

After such a barbaric running, I finally arrived at Mina’s faculty and there I saw Mina on the lobby.. oh great she must’ve waited so long..

 

“Hi..hi there..” I greeted her between my panting. Well I indeed workout sometimes.. but after such hard practice routine, my stamina isn’t that good.

Mina suddenly giggled when I greeted her like that. but she looking at me with her sparkling eyes and the way she smiled really can’t help at all. Gosh how can I calm down my heart beat if she did that..

 

“Calm down momo-ssi.. take your breath first.”

 

After I finally can control my breath, I quickly bowed my head deep, showing her how sorry I am for being late.

 

“I’m really sorry for being so late.. The practice wasn’t as smooth as usual so yea.. I came late..” I said

“Oh no need to worry.. I’m not waiting that long.. Just maybe around 5 minutes? One of my professor wanted to talk to me about something after class so.. You’re not really that late.” Mina said

“Still.. 5 minutes is long.. I’m sorry..” Again mina gave me her sweet smile and nod. Maybe she knows if she keep saying that I don’t have to apologize, things won’t go on so she just accept it? wise huh?

“So.. where we’re going now?”

 

Oh damn.. i.. I DON’T HAVE A PLAN!!! I was so excited and end up asked her without even have a plan..

 

“Momo-ssi?”

“Ah..eum.. Wherever you wanna go? I’m sorry I just miss hang out with you since it’s been so long since we met last time. A-and because I was so excited i..i just asked you? sorry..” I hung my head low since I kinda embarrassed with myself and also guilty.. again.

“Me too..”

 

Hearing that, I quickly raised my head up and there I saw mina hiding her face with her book. Hold on.. is she… is she blushing??

 

“I don’t mind go wherever you wanna go.. s-since I… I miss hang out with..you..”

 

*Thump* *thump*

 

OH MY GOD!!!!!! This is… AAAAARG!!!! okay mo.. Calm down.. think something.. hm.. Its kinda to early to have dinner so no to restaurant.. hm.. where else.. Place where mina can enjoy and full with thing she loves.. hm… AHA!

 

“H-how about we go to arcade?”

“Arcade?!” whoa.. that’s the first time I heard her yelled like that..

“Y-yes.. is it bad?”

“No! I really want to go to arcade. It’s been so long..” Seeing sparkles in her eyes made me smile

“Then let’s go to arcade and play until we broke?” she laughed at it

“Sure.”

“And oh.. I’m sorry again.. I rode my bike today..” I said.

“It’s okay. no need to worry.”

 

We then walked side by side towards the parking lot. Hope everything runs well…


Subway store, 19.40 PM

Well we spent soo many time and money in the arcade earlier.. we played many things together and sometimes I watched mina playing something alone and she’s indeed good with game. Just with spending time in the arcade made me discover another side of mina that incredibly interesting and adorable.

The way she waddled in the spot when she finally win or earning jackpot, the way she bit her lower lips when she concentrating… the way she hung her head desperately when she lost.. it’s soo cute. She’s so cute..

And now we’re in subway to grab something to eat since my stomach suddenly growled when we we’re playing something. Embarrassing, I know.. but here we’re now..

Oh.. there’s one detail that I haven’t told you guys.. before we left university, I wanted to lend her my jacket since we’re going to ride my bike and she’s wearing thing shirt so yea.. but she said she bring jacket so I don’t have to give her my black bomber jacket. But I never expect that the jacket that she brings is MY jacket that I secretly gave to her when she was overslept in the library.

I was so speechless that time when she took out the jacket from her bag and wore it. well yes of course there’s so many question that I wanted to ask to her.. like why she still bring it and such.. but since I was too shocked and being such a coward I just quickly wear my helmet and rode my bike. Pathetic? Yes I know..

At first I thought she will took it off once we arrived at the arcade.. but nope. She still wear it and even now, she’s still wear it. It looks good on her tho.. the jacket looks big on her.. well I indeed purposely buy a bigger size than I used to wear since it’s a little bit comfortable that way.. and it makes mina who slightly smaller than me a bit look soo small and drowned under the long jacket. cute…

 

“I-is there something on my face?” she asked worriedly.

“Ah no.. there’s nothing..” I said

“Then? Why you keep looking at me like that?”

“Eum.. it just.. I’m curious about your jacket. S-seems like you haven’t found the owner of that jacket..”

“to be honest I really want to give it back.. but don’t know how.”

“Do you always bring it with you?” surprisingly, she nods…

“I always forget to take it out from my bag but on the other side, I do like the jacket.. it’s warm and the sweet scent that lingered in the jacket make it more comfortable.”

 

She covered her smile with her knuckle that drowned under the jacket. major cutie!!

 

“T-then why d-don’t you just keep it? i-I mean just the way the owner of that jacket secretly gave to you while you sleep and didn’t even left any identity, looks like she want you to have it.. well it’s my opinion tho..”

“Really? I can have this jacket?” she asked while looked me in the eyes like she really asked me.. okay momo stop this assumption you have. She doesn’t know that you are the owner. Keep it cool.

“P-perhaps? B-besides! It looks good on you.. i-I mean it suits you.. And you felt comfortable by it too so.. If I were you I will just make it mine..”

“Okay then if you say so..”

 

Well I still have many nerdy jacket in my house since I’m a nerdy enthusiast. Oh wait.. I love wearing nerdy and fell in love with nerdy mina? OH GOD WHAT’S WRONG WITH MY HEAD!! ugh I got infected by Jeongyeon adn chaeyoung lame jokes...

 

“Mmm.. M-momo-ssi.” That made me woke up from my dozing

“Do you bring your parfume?” I just nod my head at her question.

“C-can I borrow it?”

“My parfume?” she nod her head. okay this is so random.. but if she wanted to borrow it then why not?

 

 I grabbed my vanilla scent parfume out from my bag and gave it to her. after that she move back a little and then sprayed a bit of my parfume on the jacket.

 

“Thank you..” said her while she returned my parfume

“Why suddenly asked my parfume? Forgot yours?” she shook her head and I swear again her face turned red when I asked that.

“Your perfume scent similar with this jacket owner scent. So I just want to keep the scent since it’s so relaxing and I like it...”

 

Oh.. she.. like the scent.. the scent who she thinks similar with my perfume.. kinda hurt a bit that she didn’t think that scent belongs to me but oh well.. the fact that she said that successfully made me hung my head low—hiding my blush of course..

Apparently, both of us hung our head low and yes both of our face are red. I bet it’s embarrassing for us to said something like that and for me? hearing that your crush saying that she like your scent? What do you expect me to react?? Of course I’ll be red and shy like this..

But I kinda feel guilty hearing this tho.. since she doesn’t know that I’m the owner of the jacket, I bet she want to hide it from the owner she thinks about.. But here I am.. knowing all her feeling about the jacket which its supposed to be hidden..

 

*RING* *RING*

 

Oh blessed anyone who called mina’s phone now.. that person save us from such awkward vibe.

 

“I’m sorry but I have to pick this up..”

“Oh yea sure.. no problem.. take your time..” Mina then pick up the phone but she stood from her chair and walked outside the store. Maybe it’s related to her job? Since back when we hang out together with Sana and Jihyo and there’s a phone call from her co-worker, she walked away from us.

 

While drinking my soda, I watched mina from the window beside me. glancing tho.. I don’t want her to caught me and think me as a creep.. but she looks.. tensed? Or confused? I don’t know her face look worried or something and the way she bit and playing with her lower lips makes it visible that something wrong happened.. and yes the moment she finished the phone call and went back to her seat, a huge sigh came out from her. this is the first time tho I saw her like that.. it must be a huge trouble.

 

“Work?” While lifelessly put her phone on the table, she gave me a nod.

“Y-you can tell me if you want tho.. m-maybe I can help..”

“Well you remember right that I work at an IT company and I’m a program designer?” I nod my head and then she continue her story again.

“The company at first never except a university student as permanent employee.. they only except intern for all the university student. But I have a special condition because the company funded the program that I created so I automatically chosen not just as the developer, but also the employee in that company..”

 

Whoa.. she indeed remarkable.. but why no one know about this? if she already created a program and it’s being funded by an IT company plus she’s also got permanently employed, shloudn’t she be some kind a hot issue in her faculty or major? But.. I theres nothing about it.. or maybe she hide it? well yea that’s more logical tho..

 

“These past three days, the director, the one who called me earlier, and a new project leader told me that the company wanted to have all control of the program.. tho I’ll still got royalty from it..”

“So.. it’s like you being sacked or something?”

“No.. they want to take control of my program because they want me to join on a new project..”

“What kind of project?”

“It’s a game project.. the director said only certain people were chosen to be on that project. I feel greatful of course but still.. I’m the only university student there.. so I don’t have confident and yea.. scared..”

“Hmm.. will it be a good one or not?”

“Maybe it’ll be good I don’t know.. the team leader only told me a brief explanation since there’s secret to hold.. but I think it’ll be a okay tho since the game project is similar like pubg”

“Pub what?”

“Just a shooting and survival game that currently famous and many people play it..”

 

I nod at what she just said. She looked so down right now.. the way her head hung low and she playing with her straw.. it must be troubling her so much..

 

“So.. you don’t want to join the project?”

“I don’t know.. it just.. although the prospect of the game is kinda good but.. I don’t know. for me mar—I mean my program is so special because it’s the reason why I can work in that company so if it being take out permanently from me.. I kinda.. sad?”

“W-well.. in my opinion.. I think you should tried to take the new project.”

 

When I said that, mina quickly snapped her head up and looked me with her sad and confused eyes. oh god this somehow makes me felt guilty but I just want to help her. yes..

 

“Waeyo?” she asked

“You see.. in life, sometimes you have to do something you need to, not just something you want to.” Since she didn’t say anthing and just focusing at me, I took it as a sign for me to continue what I’m gonna say.

“Let’s make it simple. You’re an employee who work in a company. Of course promotions what mostly what people try to achieve right? and how people will get it? of course by getting tons of experiences, new knowledge, and mostly being acknowledge and recognized by people, especially the upper mans.”

“so, like what I said.. you have to do things that you need, not just what you want. You want to stay and just focus on your program yet actually what you need to do as an employee is trying to gain many new experiences, new knowledge and such to develop your career.. and that thing is offered by the new project not by your current program.. Right?” she slightly nod her head

“So why don’t you just try and join the new project? If you failed.. don’t worry.. life is full of try and error.. we’re still young and we can learn from our mistakes and try again and again.. but never repeat the same mistakes.” now the sad expression on her face changed into a small smile that of course makes me glad to see it. it’s better to see her smiley like that..

“I’ll considered it.. thank you so much for your advice..” she said

“Naah it’s nothing.. My sister the one who told me that so yea.. you should thank to her..”

“oh really?”

“Yea.. she told me the exact same way when at first I don’t want to go to university and just wanted to join dance crew.”

“Because you think in university will gave you many opportunities?”

“yes and also many genre of dance.. if I join dance crew, I’ll only know street dances.. urban, hip hop and such.. but because I love dance so much, and I really love to learn about it, I need to know various kind of dance.. yet mostly kinda hard t find it in dance crew.. so yea.. to broad up my knowledge of dancing and my field of genre, I decided to enroll in university. And here I am now.” she nod her head as she agreed and understand what I’m talking about.

 

“Oh! Look at the time! As much as I enjoy spending time with you, but it’s half 9 now and i bet your parents worried about you.. so shall we go home?” I asked

“Oh my.. I don’t realized it either.. okay..”


Few Days after that, 16.00PM

I was just taking some break from my dance practice and out to search some fresh air. Like usually, we practiced in Hall C, near University main Library. I walked down the hallway towards the garden that located beside the library since it’s full with trees and the wind also amazing there.

But when I went passed the library, I indeed slightly hope I saw Mina there. And yes.. she’s there.. she always choose that table. Align with the entrance door, yet far away into the room and near the window. The huge table that could be fit for six people just full with her things—books, papers, laptop, and other things. I remember she told me that she’s been busy these days and yea.. I can see that since now she fell asleep there. With tons of thing surrounding her.. probably she’s exhausted.

Oh look.. she let the window opened.. why she’s so carless like that.. what if she get sick because of it.. gee..

I decided to went inside the library and let out a realived sigh as no one apparently in the library except the librarian. Well kinda déjà vu? Hahaha.. well.. I indeed want to do the same thing. loosing another nerdy jacket not really that matters for me tho.

Before I put my jacket on her, I kinda glanced at her sleeping face for a moment. Her triangle mouth is really cute.. somehow its makes her look like a penguin.. sana told me that mina’s nick name is penguin. Not just because her walk, but she just really resamble to it. and I agree with that. The way her cheek puffed a bit because being squeezed by the back of her hand, makes her a lot cuter and makes me want to squeeze that cheek.. okay. I’m starting to act like a creep now..

I took off my jacket and wanted to put it on her back. but then I stopped the moment her phone buzzed and she starting to wake up. Oh shoot!! I need to hide!

I quickly ran back to the book shelf behind mina’s seat, hung my jacket on my shoulder and tried to hide there. Hope mina didn’t notice me. huuuh.. that was soo close! I was nearly get caught giving her my jacket! imagine if she saw me doing that.. I won’t go to campus before she graduate..

I peeked a little from between the books as now mina typing something on her phone. Maybe replying the text that she just got. And.. now how am I supposed to go out from here without being noticed by her? her seat is align with the entrance, so she’ll definitely saw me if I dash out from here.. hm.. what should i—

 

*RING* *RING*

 

ughh!! Wonderful timing! I didn’t silence nor vibrate my phone so yes it created a really loud noise and I bet it grabbed mina attention too. DAMN! Who the hell suddenly cal—ugh SANA!

 

“What?!” I said half whispering, half yelling

“Where are you?” she asked

“Outside, need some fresh air.” I said

“You need to go back here now.”

“It’s not even 10 minutes yet?”

“Yes but we need to discuss something but why are you whispering like that? You said you’re outside?”

“I am.. well I’ll be there in a minute.”

“don’t tell me you’re in li—“

 

*PIP*

 

Damn that girl could be such a headache.. and now how can I go out from here?

I peeked a bit and saw that mina still on her desk, reading something. maybe now it’s the time? She’s too focus on the book and maybe she won’t realize me walking out.. But what if she caught me? what excuse I’ll make?

*Buzz*

That sound of vibrate makes me peek towards Mina again and not long after that, she stood up from the chair and wanted to go towards me. oh damn life!! 

I automatically took out some book randomly,  don’t know what kind of book I took but I just opened it in any page and use it to cover my face. Hope she won’t notice me.. But today isn’t my lucky day.. She still can recognize me.

 

“O? Momo-ssi?”

“Oh? M-Mina-ssi! Hi there!”

“Aren’t you supposed to practice with your dance crew?” she asked

“W-well yea of course.. but now is break time so yea..” damn I hope she would buy my lies..

“hm.. and.. What are you doing here?”

“A-as you can see.. I’m reading.. you know.. getting new knowledge.” I grinned awkwardly but thank god she bought my lies.. I’m sorry mina but I have to lie to you for the sake of my confidence..

“Okay then.. I’m going to search for another book again.” she said

“Sure sure.. go ahead..” I said

 

But just when she wanted to walk away, she stopped and talked to me again.

 

“Eum.. I just want you to know that I join the new project..”

“Oh really??”

“Yes.. and when I read all the master plan.. it’s really promising and I think it’s a really good decision for me to join that project..”

“See.. told ya.” I said with a smile. Did my nervous gone? Yes. That good news erased everything.

“thank you for your advice..”

“Naah it’s nothing..” She then the one who gave me smile.

“I’ll be going now..”

“Sure..”

 

“and oh! I almost forgot.. do you free after this?”

“Yes of course I always free.. why?”

“It just I promised to buy you a dinner so maybe we could go after this?”

“cool.. but.. when did you promise that?” well I never remember she promised me free dinner like that and of course I won’t forget anyone who promised me a free dinner.. but I can’t recall any thing?

“I told you the first time Sana introduce us.” I scrunched my eyes and frowned my brows, trying to recall anything. but no.. zero..

“I don’t recall you said anything like that tho..”

“well it’s okay if you don’t remember.. but you can go?”

“Yeah sure.” She smiled after I said that

“Okay then.. see you later?” I nod at her.

 

We just stood there, exchanging smiles and no words.. it’s weird and suddenly the nervousness I felt because of nearly been caught came again.

 

“Y-you don’t want to look for another book?” I asked.

“Oh yea right. I’m going now. so see you later?”

“Yeah.. see you later..” I said

But before she walked away, she said something that made my face soo red.. she said, “By the way momo-ssi, you won’t get any new knowledge if you read that book upside down.”

 

I quickly checked the book and she’s right!! it’s upside down!!! aaaaa!!! Damn today isn’t my lucky day and oh god it’s so embarrassing!! The way she smirk at me and teased me.. oh my god!

I put the book back to the self and quickly ran out from the library back to Hall C. this all because of sana! I’m going to strangle her!

.

.

.

If you asked me what happened during the dinner, it’s nothing really special.. just we exchange few stories and chat about many things, and then we also (again) visited the arcade and spent many times in there.. How about my embarrassment? I somehow could manage to forget about it and thank god mina never brought it up during our hang out. So yea.. everything normal like we used to and always a happy time..

and here we’re now.. again in front of mina’s house. her house looks empty since everything seems dark and apparently she said that her parents are in japan for family thing. At first mina wanted to go to, but their parents now how busy mina is with her work and her study so they just asked mina to stay at home. I really want to offer myself to accompany her.. but.. I don’t think she already comfortable enough to me.. like yes I do feel comfortable with her, but mina is more closure than me so chance of her not that comfortable with me is still high..

 

“Thank you for driving me back home.” She said

“naah.. I’m supposed to be the one who thank you since you bought me dinner.”

 

Again silence.. but it didn’t last long until Mina again the one who started to conversation.

 

“Eum.. momo-ssi.. I want to tell you something.”

“ng? what is that?”

“It’s about my work..”

“O..kay? I’m listening?”

 

She suddenly doing the inhale and exhale thing to control herself. why she suddenly being this nervous?

 

“W-well.. Do you remember about the program that I created? The one that I have to let go?” I nod at her question.

“B-but before I tell you this, I want to apologize first. I’m really really sorry for what you’re going to know..”

“I don’t know whats happening so.. kindly explain it more?”

“I’m working for JTech. You know.. one of the biggest company here?”

“Whoa!!! Are you kidding me? that’s impressive!!!”

“Y-yes.. thank you for that.. and.. like I told you.. the company—JTech funded my program.. or app. Smartphone app to be exact..”

“Oh really?? is it famous??”

“Y-yes.. it’s kinda famous and mainly teenagers.. including students in our university.”

“Oh yea?? So do i?” Mina nod her head timidly.

 

Okay.. I don’t really use many app in my phone except camera, music, social media, few games and ma..oh god.. wait a minute.. she said she work in JTech? She’s a creator of an app that famous among teenager including students in our university?

 

“Mmm.. M-momo-ssi?”

“Y-you.. a-are you.. the creator of.. Marie?” please no please no please no.. I beg you god please no!

 

but then she slowly nod her head. oh.. damn me..

 

“I’m really sorry I don’t mean to hide it from you.. well I indeed hide this fact from anyone but.. eum.. I once.. kinda.. y-you know.. I was checking the system and chatroom for security thing.. and I just curious on what you and your friend usually do with marie since you always so excited playing it and so.. yea.. i.. read you chatroom?”

I didn’t say anything as I just froze.. Completely shocked by the news I just heard. Seeing that, mina quickly bowed 90 degree in front of me, showing how sorry she is. But you know what I did? I didn’t say anything and cowardly decided to run away.

 

“W-Well m-mina-ssi.. it’s already late. Y-you should go inside. I’ll be going home too. yea.. ah. eum.. w-well.. See you again. bye.”

 

And I rode my bike, quickly dash off from Mina’s house. I know it’s rude but the fact that she read my chat with marie..

 

THIS ENTIRE TIME SHE KNOWS THAT I LOVE HER AND SHE KNOWS HOW I ALWAYS TALK ABOUT HER WITH MARIE?!!!

Great now I look like a creep.. how am I supposed to face her tomorrow.. ugh this is so embarrassing!!



Author Note:

Hanaman Seontaekhae eoseo YES OR YES! 
YAHOOI~ I'M BACK HAHAHA

Is this chapter lame? i kinda put many lame jokes in here so i'm really sorry for my low sense of humor.. ^^
I don’t know if it’s a good news or not.. but I decided to make third chapter as the final chapter.. 
sorry to prolong it but yea.. sometimes idea always popped up in the middle of working so yea..

Anyways! i hope you guys like it!! Don’t forget to subscribe, vote, and leave comment below!
Stream yes or yes and vote twice and other jype artist in mama guys!!





Kamsahamnida~