Avoiding Him

Beneath The Mask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RucXUcpPYs&feature=related 

Minah folded the slip of paper again and put it in her pocket. With her notebook in hand, she left the music room. She looked around, wondering if Cheondoong was still nearby but there was not a soul in sight.

"What are you looking for?" A voice suddenly whispered from Minah's right. The person's lips were so close to her ear that their warm breath gently tickled it.

Minah turned her head and gasped when she saw Mir's face only centimerers apart from hers. A smirk came on his face as Minah backed away from him.

"Did I scare you?" He mocked. Minah didn't glance at him as she brushed by him, not bothering to respond. Mir's jaw dropped in disbelief.

*She didn't even look at me! What the hell?!*

Minah could hear Mir yellling after her so she picked up her pace, starting from a brisk walk to a fast sprint. Mir's footsteps started to fade away till she couldn't hear them anymore.

After rounding a corner, she stopped and held a hand to her chest, breathing heavily. *That was close. I can't be near him anymore. It'll only cause trouble for me.*

With a small sigh, Minah started heading towards the courtyard, hoping that G.O would still be there. To her relief, he was. Minah quickly walked over to him and took a seat on the empty space beside him.

G.O looked up when he heard Minah approaching. His cheeks reddened as an image of Minah's face flashed through his mind.

*Would she be angry if she knew I saw her face before? I shouldn't tell her. She would hate me.*

"H-hi Minah-ssi." G.O mumbled timidly. Minah gave him a little nod and placed her notebook on her lap. "Oh, you found your notebook." G.O said.

Minah turned to gaze at him curiously. "How did you know I lost my notebook?" She asked quietly. G.O's eyes widened and he gulped audibly.

"I, uh...lucky guess?" He said, hoping that Minah would believe him. *I don't want her to know that I've been watching her. That's so creepy.*

"Oh, ok." Minah replied, causing G.O to let his shoulders sag in relief. "Umm, where were you?" G.O asked.

*I hope she doesn't think I'm nosy.*

"Just, somewhere." Minah responded. G.O nodded, leaving it at that. He knew that if she wanted to tell him, she would have.

"Well, lunch is almost over. Did you eat yet?" He asked. "You can share some of mine too if you want. I have some food leftover."

Minah shook her head. "I'm fine."

"Yah, there you are." A voice spoke. G.O and Minah both jumped in surprise and turned around to find Mir glowering at them. His arms were crossed over his chest, a piercing glare sent towards Minah. "Why the hell did you run from me?"

*Run, Minah. Run!*

With that thought, Minah got up from the bench and dashed away. She gave an apologetic glance back at G.O but after that, she didn't look back anymore.

"Yah! Why are you running away?!" Mir shouted angrily. He huffed in irritation and kicked the leg of the bench, making G.O jump.

"Who are you?" Mir him. G.O's eyes widened and he retreated too, sprinting off towards his next class. Mir grunted angrily and sat down on the bench.

*Why is she running from me?*

The bell rang and Mir growled under his breath, slowly getting up again. He stalked off to class, feeling frustrated and furious.

----------

Minah trudged into her classroom exhausted from all the running. *I hate him. I hate Mir.*

Everyone in the room looked up at her as she walked towards her seat. They whispered to one another and Minah's eyes narrowed in contempt.

*What are they whispering about?*

"Hey, nice mask. What happened to your old one, it broke?" A guy mocked. Minah's eyes widened as she soon realized that everyone in the class knew what had happened to her.

*Those damn es must have told everyone.*

Minah tried to shut out all noises as the students called out random insults at her, poking fun at her misery and pain. They had been leaving her alone for a while, but this incident seemed to make the taunting flare up again.

Luckily, the bell rang and the teacher came in, ordering the students to take a seat and quiet down. Minah felt her shoulders relax slightly in relief, aching a little from how tense she had been before.

Once class was over, Minah got up and left as soon as possible. She was walking down the hall when a hand reached out and grabbed her arm, making her look up at who had grabbed her.

Seungho was gazing down at her, an unreadable expression on his face. "Are you alright?" He asked. Minah nodded and gently tugged out of his grip.

"Thank you for helping me." She said softly. Butterflies fluttered in Seungho's stomach at the sound of Minah's voice. His ears buzzed with excitement.

"No problem. If you ever need my help, just ask me." He said with a small smile. Nodding, Minah gave him a tiny wave before continuing down the hall. Seungho gazed after her for a moment, then he turned back around and made his way to class.

As Minah was walking, she heard quiet footsteps right behind her. She didn't think much of them at first, assuming that it was just another student walking to their class.

When the footsteps sped up a little and got louder and louder, she knew something was up. She stopped in her tracks and her heels to face her pursuer.

The person had no time to stop and bumped right into Minah, making the both of them fall backwards and crash onto the ground with a resounding thud.

"Ow, what the hell?" Mir groaned. He blinked a few times and realized that Minah's face was right in front of his. His eyes grew wide and he rolled off of her. "Oops, sorry."

Minah glared at him, knowing that he wasn't sorry at all. She got up and Mir grabbed her hand. She glanced down at him and tried to pull away.

"Hey, can't you help me stand up? It's your fault we fell after all." He said, grinning cheekily. Minah's eyes narrowed into slits and she tugged as hard as she could, but Mir tightened his grip just in time so that her attempt to pull away actually pulled him up to his feet.

Caught off guard, Minah began to stumble backwards until Mir wrapped an arm around her waist and tugged her to him. She gasped softly as Mir encircled her with his arms, trapping her.

"Now, you can't go anywhere." He said firmly. Minah struggled against his bear hold to no avail. "So, why don't you tell me why you're avoiding me." He asked.

Luckily, there was no one in the hallway, so no one could catch Minah around Mir again. Minah continued to fight against Mir, but his embrace tightened around her, squeezing her.

She looked down at his arm and glared at it. Bending her head down, she used his arm to push her mask up slightly so that her lips showed. Minah bit down on Mir's arm as hard as she could.

"Ow! Dammit!" Mir yelled. In a flash, Minah was out of Mir's reach. She pulled her mask back down and sprinted off down the hall. Mir growled and glanced down at his arm. There were teeth marks pressed into his flesh. "She in bit me. Damn."

After that incident, Minah did her best to avoid Mir at all costs. For the rest of the week, she made sure to stick to new routes where she was sure that Mir would not show up.

------Friday-------

Minah walked into school with Joon and Himchan like they always did now. Himchan was chatting animatedly to Joon about random things. Minah was amazed at how much Himchan could talk, his mouth was like a river that had words flowing out of it all the time.

Even during work, Himchan would strike up a conversation with the customers and they absolutely loved him. He talked to Minah nonstop too, even though he knew she didn't care about anything he was saying.

Suddenly, Minah felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. She turned her head to find G.O shyly smiling at her.

"Good morning Minah-ssi." He said. Minah nodded in return. "Good morning."

"Oh, who's this?" Himchan asked, peering past Joon to look at G.O. Joon stared at G.O too, curious as to how G.O knew Minah and what their relationship was that Minah would actually talk to him.

"H-hello. My name is Jung Byunghee. Y-you can call me G.O though." He said, his voice quivering slightly. Himchan grinned widely and held his hand out.

"Kim Himchan. Nice to meet you!" He said cheerfully. The two shook hands lightly and Joon held his hand out next. "Lee Joon. I'm Minah's best friend." He proclaimed.

"Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you." G.O said quickly. After the boys became acquainted, Himchan began his rambling again. Minah would have slapped her forehead if she wasn't wearing a mask.

*That boy will never stop talking. It's like he talks more than he breathes.*

"So, how long have you known Minah?" Joon asked G.O curiously. Flushing a little, G.O twiddled his fingers. "I..knew about her since the first year of high school. I talked to her for the first time this year." He replied.

"What? You never talked to her even though you've known her for three years?" Himchan asked incredulously.

"I-I...umm..." G.O trailed off. Minah could see that G.O was uncomfortable with the topic so she gently tugged on his sleeve.

"We should get to class." She said, and then she dragged him away, waving to Joon and Himchan. "Thanks." G.O mumbled once they were several feet away. Minah smiled softly behind her mask.

"No problem." She replied.

Joon watched the pair leave, his lips curved up in a wide smile. Himchan gazed at him curiously. "What are you smiling about? Shouldn't you feel jealous? The girl you love just walked away with another guy." He stated.

"Yah! I already told you I don't like her like that." Joon exclaimed, his cheeks tinged a rosy pink. "Aww, come on. You're blushing right now." Himchan teased.

Huffing, Joon picked up his pace and sped ahead of Himchan. "Hey, slow down!" Himchan called out, racing to catch up with him.

*I do not like Minah more than a friend. I'm just happy she's finally made another friend.*

 

Minah and G.O were walking to class in a comfortable silence. That was one of the things that Minah liked about G.O, she didn't have to talk and things were still comfortable.

Blinking, G.O stared at the door of the classroom. "Who's that?" He said, pointing at the figure standing outside the door. Minah glanced up and squinted to get a better look.

As they got closer to the room, Minah's eyes grew wider once she recognized the figure to be Mir. *Why is he standing there?!*

Mir heard their footsteps approaching and looked up. A small frown came on his face when he noticed G.O walking with Minah.

*Damn, why is he walking with her?*

Hiding behind G.O, Minah tried to make herself seem as small as possible so she could slip by Mir. G.O noticed her body tense up and he glanced worriedly at her.

"Are you alright?" He asked. Minah nodded quickly and ushered him forward. "Walk faster." She whispered. Still puzzled, G.O complied and picked up his pace. Minah sped along behind him, hoping to brush by Mir without any problems.

Just as Mir was about to grab Minah's arm, someone grabbed clung to his arm. Minah slipped by Mir and sighed in relief.

"What the fu-?" Mir snapped, turning his head to find his 'girlfriend' practically hanging on his arm. She gave him what was supposed to be a seductive smile but ended up looking like a lopsided smirk. Mir nearly cringed as he brushed her off his arm.

"Mir oppa, there's still five minutes left until class starts. Spend time with me." She whined, sticking her bottom lip out in a pout.

"Yah, Hyun-ae. I thought I told you to leave me alone. We're over." Mir said firmly. Hyun-ae chuckled, her laugh grating in Mir's ears. *Geez, why did I ever go out with this girl in the first place? Oh right, because she's hot. But that's the only good thing about her.*

"Come on oppa, I know you don't mean that." She said, smirking. Mir ignored her for a moment and peered into the classroom. Minah was sitting beside G.O, her back turned to the door as she gazed out the window.

*I need to know why she's avoiding me. It's driving me nuts.*

"Oppa, Mir oppa!" Hyun-ae had been whining in Mir's ear, trying to get his attention. "What?!" Mir snapped, turning his fiery gaze on her. She gulped and stepped back a little.

"Geez, nevermind." She muttered as she her heels and sauntered away. Mir knew that she would find some other guy to satisfy her 'needs'. He shook his head, but still felt a little throbbing pain in his heart. But not because of Hyun-ae in particular, but her actions.

*She doesn't really like me at all. I'm just some type of toy to her. Although it's the same for me. But, is there anyone who really likes me for who I am? Is there anyone that would like Bang Cheolyong more than Bang Mir?*

"Miiiiirrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!" A voice shouted from down the hall. Mir looked up just in time to see Zelo sprinting towards him, he was laughing wildly and grabbed Mir's arm, dragging him with him.

"W-woah!" Mir yelled in surprise as his legs scrambled to keep up with Zelo's sprint. "Yah, slow down!" He yelled. Zelo began to slow down as he continued to laugh loudly.

"What was that all about?" Mir snapped. Zelo grinned at him and stretched his arms. "You just looked kinda down so I thought I'd do something to cheer you up." He smirked.

"And that was your idea of cheering me up?" Mir asked, raising an eyebrow. Zelo nodded and said, "It worked, didn't it?"

Mir chuckled as he shook his head. "Yeah, it did."

"By the way, when are you going to go back to your house? I mean, it's nice having you around at my house but it's nearly been a week since your fight with your dad. Shouldn't you make up with him or something?" Zelo asked.

Mir's mood instantly dropped at the mention of his father. A scowl automatically appeared on his face. "I'll think about it." He muttered.

Shrugging, Zelo dropped the subject and started talking about something else. Mir didn't pay attention to his words as he thought about confronting his father.

*I should talk to him. I can't run and be a coward anymore. I'll talk to him...tomorrow.*