Chapter 2!

The Choice

 

 

Zico couldnt believe what his ears have heard. Did he heard wrongly? Lee. Chae. Rin. Yes it is Lee Chae Rin. that new transfer student that came in that day. The one that ignored him when he said hello to her. 

" WHAT?!?! HER?!?! " Zico exclaimed in astonishment. 

" Yes her. HAHAHA. Why? Cant take up the challenge? Too difficult for you? " Junho responded. 

" Err.. mmmm, NO! Nothing is impossible for me! There is never once that any girl is too hard for me to get. Just wait and see, she is going to fall for me like how the previous girls did! I am going to prove it to you! " Jay replied sternly. 

Junho laugh out loud. He find Zico to be too worked up by what he had commented on. It is his first time to see Zico trying to cover up his nervousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since then, everyday, Zico tried to talk to Chaerin in class, from greeting her " HELLO" to asking her for help in studies. Much to his delight, Chaerin never refuses to help Zico whenever he asks any questions about school work, although he actually understand 100% what the teacher in class was going through. But, whenever Zico tried to ask her about he life and other stuffs, she just kept quiet. Day by day, there wasnt much improvements. That was all the response that Zico could ever get from Chaerin. 

From behind he can hear his friends including Junho, laughing sheepishly at him. They find the situation funny. Jay was having a hard time trying to get closer to Chaerin. 

* No... i cant lose. I am Zico!!!! i can never lose. * Zico whispered to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One day, Zico was early for class, and he is delighted to see Chaerin already in class too. he decided to take this opportunity to confront Chaerin.

" Yah!, Why arent you talking to me? " Zico asked.

" What? since when? I talk to you in class. I said hello and helped you in your school work.

" But whenever i tried to make a casual conversation with you, you just keep quiet. -.- what is that all about? " Zico answered Chaerin.

" I dont find it necessary to share my life story with someone like you. " Chaerin gave a stern reply and went out of class.

She stomped out of class. Zico chased after her. He pulled her wrist and stopped her from going any further. 

" YAH! Why are you being like this? " Chaerin was shocked to see Zico's reaction of pulling her back. Her heart started beating faster when Zico was holding on to her wrist. She just stood rooted to the ground. Soon,Chaerin started to feel pain at her wrist. Zico is holding on to her wrist too firmly. Its hurting her. 

" Yah!!! It hurts! let go of my hand! " Chaerin shouted.

" AH SORRY! " Zico replied.

Chaerin took this chance to run away, and she did. as she run, suddenly, she knocked into a guy accidentally at the hallway of the classrooms. She lost her balance and fell down to the ground. She hurt her ankle. 

" Ah, my ankle. " Chaerin said in pain.

" Omo, are you are okay? Is your ankle in pain? Can you get up? " the guy asked.

" its painful. I cant get up. Arghh. " Chaerin seemed to have sprained her ankle. 

" Its okay, let me help you up " the mysterious held her hands around his shoulder and helped her up. 

Chaerin felt a sudden rush in her heartbeat. She looked at the unknown guy that was helpping her. She could see him shining. Giving  a sweet smile. Chaerin was mesmerized by his sweet smile. 

Then you hear a loud exclamation.

" Yah! What are you doing to Chaerin! " Zico's voice can be heard loud and clear from the other end of the hallway. 

Zico ran over to Chaerin as soon as he sees her being in another man's embrace. 

Without any reasons, Zico pushed the guy aside and pulled Chaerin to his side. 

" Zico! What do you think you are doing? He was helping me! Cant you see i am injured! " Chaerin shouted.

" Just keep your mouth shut will you? " Zico.

Out of the blue, Zico just picked Chaerin up and carried her away. This not only bring shock to Chaerin herself, buut to also the students who are passing by.

Chaerin was brought to the nurse's offie for further treatment. Nothing bad happened, but she just sprained her ankle. After some checks, Charein was able to go back to class. Zico helped her back. The way back to class was awkward. Zico didnt say a thing. And Chaerin just didnt know what to say. Zico helped Chaerin back to her seat and walked away. 

" Kumawo" Chaerin said in a shy and soft voice.

Zico heard her thanking him. He waled to the back of the class to sit with Junho. 

" Ya Zico, that was a good move. i am sure Chaerin is falling head over heels for you. " Junho comments.

Zico just smiled sheepishly. He knows his plan in getting Chaerin to like him is starting to work.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School bell rang. The class teacher came in with a student following him behind. 

" Its him! " Chaerin whispered to herself.

She didnt realised that she was smiling from ear to ear when she saw the guy from before entering the class.

" Okay class, we have another new student joining us. His name is Park Jaebeom. Please be nice. Ah! he is also from the US! " the teacher announced.

" Annyonghaseyo! I am Park Jaebeom. You can call me Jay! Please take care of me :) " Jay said with a smile on his face. 

" Okay Jay, let me see. Ah, Zico! Why did you change seats? Nevermind then. Jay, why dont you sit beside Chaerin. I think you guys can get along better since both of you are from US and are new in the school. The teacher assigned Jay to the seat beside Chaerin who initially has belonged to Zico. 

From the back of the classroom....

* AHHH!!!! Why did i sit here? There goes my chance!!! The plan merely started and another problem cropped up * Zico mumbled. 

Chaerin watched as Jay walked slowly to her table. Jay sat beside her and greeted her.

" Annyong Chaerin ah! " Jay called out her name,

Chaerin was shocked to see that Jay actually knows her name. She didnt even introduce herself to him. She smiled and replied Jay too. 

All this was overseen by Zico at the back of the classroom where he was seated at.

* You didnt even give me that smile before * He said