Longing for you

DOWNTURN


It was a rainy afternoon and I forgot my umbrella again. I ran into the nearest shed. Suddenly another person arrive to where I was. It was her again.

 

 

 

 

 

I saw her shivering because she was slightly wet from the rain. I offered my extra tshirt to her, she needed it. She just smiled to me. Maybe she doesn't need it at all. I smiled back at her, and we waited for the rain to stop.

 

 

 

 

 

I was in this café and she was also there. She was reading her favorite book again. I  always enjoy her company. She caught me, stealing glances at her. She just smiled, again. I also smiled back. It was raining again. Feeling giddy, sitting beside her, I draw us in the fogged glass. I looked at her and smiled. She was still beaming that lovely smile.

 

 

 

 

 

We are now inside the music room, playing piano. I taught her well. We were smiling at each other while playing. She always have this beaming smile, everytime we were together. That made me fall for her again and again.

 

 

 

 

 

We are now heading to our houses. Her house was just at the corner, near our town. I told her she can stay at my place again, like the old times. She just smiled and wave at me. As I was walking backwards, facing her, I told her that I'll bake her favorite carrot cake and give it to her tomorrow. She was just smiling again. God, that lovely smile that made me fall for here over and over again.

 

 

 

 

 

I arrived at my place, greeting my roommate/bestfriend. She smiled at me and asked if how am I doing and how was my day. I told her that I'm fine and I'm baking again for her. I always spoil that girl, huh. I was preoccupied for baking a cake, not noticing the frown and pity that my friend gave. She just let me do whatever I was doing.

 

 

 

 

 

I am now here in the living room, together with my friends. We were silently sitting in the sofa, watching our favorite movie. We always play this movie whenever we had our movie marathons, making me bored to the point of being sleepy. Suddenly I thought about her again. So I excitedly grab my phone and went to the kitchen. One of my friends asked me where am I going. I told them in the kitchen, that I will call her to join us because I'm missing her, and went to the kitchen, not noticing their hurt expressions.

 

 

 

 

 

As I was trying to dial her number, one of my friends was approaching me with stoic expression in her face. My other friends was stopping her but she just swatted their hands away. She then went to me and grabbed my phone away. I was beyond mad and want to ask her why'd she do that but her next words stopped me from my trance.

 

 

 

 

 

"Stop being ing stupid! She's already dead! When will you ever accept it and move on?! She's gone!"

 

 

 

 

 

Then it hit me. Ah, she's gone.

 

 

 

 

Her shining eyes and the way she smiles. All those smiles. I thought that was real. I was longing for her to the point of thinking she's still here, meeting with me everytime. Tears start to form in my eyes and then suddenly I cried, like it was dam being released. I was crying in the floor, holding my chest as I felt my heart being shattered into pieces. My friends are now also in tears. They slowly approached me and hugged me, telling me to just cry and let out all the pain.

-------

Insipred by UKISS' 0330.