Genius Handsome Rascal

My Gangster Teacher

Kim Yesung arrives at the S.M. Institute with only 5 minutes to spare. She walks to find the Main Building, where some Principle Park is going to interview her. She’s looking from left to right and immediately fall in love with this school, when suddenly she’s stumbled upon something.  Assuming it’s only a log lying innocently, she looks down to put the log away, only to find trousers covered long legs, which are attached to a handsome boy leaning back to a tree.

“OMG!! Hey are you okay?!” Yesung shakes the boy gently to no avail. She gently pats the boy’s cheek and considers doing CPR, even though she doesn’t really know how to do it when the boy opens his eyes.

“OMG!! OMG!! You’re alive,” Yesung unceremoniously collapses near the boy,” Are you sick? Do you need to go to the infirmary?” Yesung brushes the boy’s forehead, not feeling any fever. The boy in front of her just looks at her like she’s a lunatic person. Before he can say something to Yesung, a teacher passes by.

“Excuse me, who are you? What are you doing in our school ground?” The teacher asks, a little suspicious with the new girl.

“Oh! I’m Kim Yesung, I have an interview today with Principle Park which is..”Yesung looks at her watch and curses some very interesting words.  The boy raises his brow and looks at the girl in front of him with interest.

“I’m late. Can you show me the way to the Main Building?” Yesung asks the teacher in front of her. “Oh! Before that can you show me how to get to the infirmary? I think the boy right there is fainted.”

The teacher whom Yesung speaks, look to the said boy and glares something deadly. The boy just smirks nonchalantly and continues to recline on the tree, watching the scene unfolding before him. The teacher just shakes her head and looks back to Yesung.

“I’ll take you to Principle Park’s office,” She moves away,” Please follow me.”

Yesung looks back to the boy still reclining to the tree, arguing silently whether to take the boy and ask the teacher to take him to the infirmary when the teacher scolds the boy.

“KIM KIBUM!! You better go to your class or I’ll hang you upside down by your toes!”

The boy just laughs nonchalantly while smoothly gets up and walks to different direction to where Yesung and the teacher are going.

Seriously, her little brother is going to be the death of her.  It’s not enough that she has to deal with his antics at home, She has to deal with the boy at school too. The perks of having a bloody genius brother, Kim Tae Yeon grumbles. Kim Tae Yeon and her little brother Kim Kibum have been living for a year in Seoul, while their parents are still living in L.A.  She and Kibum were shipped (for the lack of better words) to Seoul to live together with their only cousin Kwon Yuri, who happens to be a teacher where Tae Yeon and Kibum are at. But, because of his genius brain, Kibum is quite hard to fit in, until he met with the residence geniuses of S.M. Cho Kyuhyun, Lee Jinki, Choi Minho and Kim Jonghyun. Since then those boys have been inseparable, they even manage to get into trouble together, especially Kibum and Kyuhyun. Maybe I need to beat all of them into submission and not waiting for this new teacher.

So, here she is, patrolling around the school ground, looking for those troublemakers, when she sees a suspicious girl crouches beside some sleeping guy. And when she sees who’s the sleeping guy is, she can only facepalm. That brat! Tae Yeon cusses and marches to where the girl and her brother are at.  As it happens, the girl is having an interview with Principle Park when she stumbled upon her sleeping brother and thought that the boy is sick. Yes, he is sick in the head for being too genius, Tae Yeon growls inside. So after she orders her brother to go to his class (no wonder he chooses to sleep at the west park, it’s Calculus time), Tae Yeon accompanies the girl, who claims her name to be Kim Yesung to Principle Park’s office.

“Err..Are you sure the boy is okay to get back to class alone?” Yesung asks the slightly fuming Tae Yeon. Tae Yeon just snorts inelegantly and shakes her head.

“Don’t be fooled by that brat,” Tae Yeon explains,” He just finds it boring to sit in the class for 100 minutes, listening to Calculus.” Yesung just hums. Well, I also will run if it’s Calculus, Yesung admits albeit silently and grins. The two girls keep on talking about some irrelevant things on the way to Principle Park’s office. When they arrive at the office, Tae Yeon knocks the door gently, and comes inside while Yesung waits patiently until she is permitted to enter.

“Yesung-ssi, you may enter,” Tae Yeon opens the door wider to let Yesung in,” I’ll be leaving then Principle Park. See you some other time Yesung-ssi.” Tae Yeon closes the door gently and goes to her first class.

 

Park Jung Soo looks at the girl in front of her. She doesn’t look like she’s a martial arts expertise, but looks can be deceiving right. The girl in front of her wears some chic mocha coloured  business suit, with matching low heels shoes. Her long straight brunette hair pulled up into a messy bun, and very little to no make-up on her face.

“Have a seat Miss Kim,” Principle Park points to the chair across her and watches how Kim Yesung eagerly sits down. What I would give to be young and inexperienced again, Jung Soo sighs.

“I’m sorry for being late Principle Park,” Yesung begins,”When I was going to meet you, I stumbled upon one student. He just leaned back to the tree, so I thought he was sick and fainted.”

Park Jung Soo can only figure out who the student is. Well, it’s Calculus. The subject he probably can learn while asleep. Sometimes she even can find her top 5 student huddle together during the period, doing nothing but play games, but they still get perfect scores. She even had them grounded for skipping classes, but they just happily engross with their games.  They keep doing something good students shouldn’t do, until she threatens to postpone their graduation for another year, no matter how perfect their scores are. Since then she seldom finds them skipping class.

“It’s quite alright Miss Kim. Or can I call you Yesung?” Principle Park asks,” Miss Kim is too formal, don’t you think?” Yesung just nods her approval.

“I have read you CV and application form. It’s quite promising if I ‘m being honest,” Principle Park begins,”Are you really just receiving your teaching certificate 6 months ago?”

“Oh, yes Principle Park. After I graduated about a year ago, I went straight for having my certificate, finally I got it 6 months ago,” Yesung proudly speaks.  Park Jung Soo smiles widely when she hears the high spirited young girl in front of her.

“I also read that both of your parents passed away 3 years ago,” Principle Park continues,” My condolences. But you wrote that they were teachers. Is that why you want to be a teacher? To follow your parent’s steps?”

“Yes, Principle Park. You know sometimes when I meet with some of their former students, it feels like meeting with old friends. They still remember how my parents were when they taught them in school. My Mom was the cool one, while my Dad was the stern type. But they respected my parents, maybe they still do. I want to be that kind of teacher too,” Yesung explains her inspiration to be a teacher.  Park Jung Soo nods her head and smile even brighter. One more thing to confirm.

“In your file, it was stated that you hold black belt in Taekwondo and Jiujitsu. Is that correct?” This part is the most intriguing for Jung Soo, especially when she sees the girl in front of her.

Yesung grins sheepishly,” Oh that. Well, yes Principle Park. My Grandfather told all of us, me, my sister and my cousins that even if we’re girls, we have to learn to defend ourselves. Maybe what he thought is basic self defense, but we all agree to take it some steps further. Hence the black belt in Taekwondo and Jiujitsu.”

“Hmm...I think you’re qualified for this position,” Park Jung Soo reaches her decision,” But for now I can only put you as a homeroom teacher for a senior class. Is that alright with you?”

“Yes! My God, Yes! I’ll be the best homeroom teacher ever!” Yesung exclaim excitedly.

“Very well, I hope you can start next Wednesday,” Park Jung Soo strongly hopes,”Because I need to make announcement to all the students, and we will have an assembly next Wednesday.”

“Sure! I’ll be here on Wednesday Principle Park,” Yesung agrees.

“Very well then,” Jung Soo stands,” Welcome to S.M. Institute Yesung-ssi.” Principle Park extends her hand for a handshake. Yesung happily shakes the offered hand and smiles brightly. Her day as a teacher will be starting soon. She can’t wait to tell her sisters at their usual hang out place.

 

Double chapter updated :D