Hero for Today

Hi~

Lunch is almost end, Lucas is already prepared to go to his next classes. He went to the toilet before the class started by washing his face and doing human stuffs. Then he heard someone crying, more like whimpering for help. “Please don’t…”The voice sounds so familiar to Lucas and he didn’t think twice and went to the voice. It’s Jungwoo. “You’re a new guy, right?  More like our new toy to play with.” There are plenty of boys there who’s ganging up with them. When the bad guy already to throw some punch on the crying boy face, Lucas hold his fist. “Stop it, all of you.” The boys were taken aback by the sudden intruder because no one brave enough to fight with them. “Who are you? His boyfriend?” The leader of the gang sneering at Lucas while choke Jungwoo’s neck. “Yes I am and what about it!” Lucas screamed on top of his lung. Mark, who is the school president walked to the situation and calmed both boys down. “Lucas, knock it off. Fighting is not gonna work anyway.” Mark calming Lucas down cause he knows how scary Lucas would be if he pissed off. “And you. You’re gonna follow me to the principal.” Mark tells the leader of the gang, who just scoffed by the instruction. “And if I don’t want to go?” Mark just smiled and slapped the boy. Lucas was shocked about how loud the slap sounds. “Any objection?” Mark hissing at the boy, while his other gang surprised by Mark’s action.

The leader of the gang, or so called Minwoo, throw a punch at Mark face and Lucas didn’t think twice by kicking Minwoo’s face with his big shoes. The gang teaming up and punch Lucas face until the principal came. “Stop all of you!” The principal came with Renjun by his side. “All of you, come with me. Renjun, go take Jungwoo and Lucas to the school nurse. Hurry.” Renjun nodded and asked Jeno and the others to carry Lucas and Jungwoo to the nurse. “Lucas hyung you’re so huge my poor backbone!” Jeno scream in pain while Lucas just laughed at him. “Sorry, Jeno. I guess I gonaa treat you again later.” Lucas can’t even open his eyes properly due to the bruises on his face. “You should hyung and you gonna treat me everyday. Renjun hold Jungwoo shoulder and feel bad for him. “ Hyung, you okay?” Renjun asked Jungwoo who is still quiet and didn’t talk at all. He just smile and nodded in response. “You’re gonna be fine soon, I hope those bastards get expelled from this school.” Jungwoo just smiled by Renjun’s cute angry expression. “I’m Jungwoo by the way.” Jungwoo introduced himself in a slow voice and Renjun nodded. “I know, Mark hyung already tell me your name before. We’re here now.” Jeno who is taking his breath watched Jungwoo and Renjun coming over to them. “Jeno, where is Lucas hyung?” “He is already on the bed don’t worry!” Jeno scream from afar. “Hyung, take some rest okay. I’ll take your bag and the others don’t worry.” Renjun said while putting Jungwoo to the bed. “Thank you, Renjun-ssi.” Renjun just smiled and went to the class with Jeno. Jungwoo can’t help it and sleep, too tired of crying and struggling today.