Melted

Hi~

After about 3 hours sleeping, Lucas finally open his eyes but his sight still looks blurry due to the pain of being punch by 3 boys at once, so he just stay laying on the bed looking  at the white wall in front of him and the ceiling above him. He slowly shifted his head to the right and saw something moving at the side of the other bed. And it slowly turning to him, and Jungwoo’s face facing him, sleeping so peacefully, his face slightly pale due to the pain of being choked by that . Lucas can’t take his off his eyes from the petite boy, enjoying his time viewing the “beautiful” art beside him. Lucas takes some times to look at every single detail on Jungwoo’s face, his perfect carved eyebrows, his long eyelashes, his sharp yet soft nose, his rosy cheeks, and his slightly thin pink lips. His eyes stopped at Jungwoo’s lips, how much eager he had to kiss those.. NO. Too early for that, Lucas slowly shook the thoughts away and still look at Jungwoo with full of love.

“Can you stop staring at him like that?” A sudden voice popped out behind of his bed. It’s Renjun who just smiled at him. “No I did not okay..” Lucas calmly denying it while Renjun just laughed at it. “You think I didn’t saw it before, do you? Hyung this is not our first time knowing each other okay.” Renjun cross his arms while Lucas still didn’t bother to look at Renjun cause his body is too tired to move right now. “I know that look, hyung. It’s the same look Mark hyung gives to me.” Lucas just laughed half-heartedly at Renjun. “So how’s Mark? Is he getting suspended?” Lucas massaging his own arm while looking at the white ceiling. “Nope, he is not getting suspend, the gang were getting expelled soon. The principal really took this case seriously, I mean, Jungwoo hyung is still new so I really glad the principal did that. Lucas take a breath of relief, at least, his best friend is not get suspended, then it’s okay. Suddenly, Jungwoo wriggle his arms and rub his eyes.

“Oh Jungwoo hyung you’re awake?” Renjun walk to Jungwoo’s bed and massage Jungwoo’s shoulder. “YA you didn’t even massage my arms you idiot!” Lucas screams at Renjun who didn’t even bother to look at him. “You’re strong enough to massage yourself and besides you have a lot muscles so my hands will get hurt. Jungwoo hyung is small so it’s more comfortable for me.” Lucas angrily massage his hands but the someone hit his forehead with a book and turn out it’s Mark. “WHAT THE –“Mark hit Lucas forehead again.  “Be grateful you’re stronger than Jungwoo hyung.” Mark jokingly snapped at Lucas who is already pouting angrily at him. “Sorry, Mark.” Lucas suddenly blurted out of nowhere, while Mark just smile and nodded. “It’s my job to protect my friend, right?” Jungwoo, on the other hand, still feels awkward around them, especially with Lucas, who already helped him twice today. “Jungwoo hyung, you don’t have to be shy with us, you can be part of the gang from now on.” Renjun who is still massaging Jungwoo, feel the older boy body tensing when they are around each other. “O-okay, Renjunnie.” Jungwoo smiles shyly and hold Renjun hands. “Thank you to all of you for today. I don’t know how to say it or how to pay all of your kindness but thank you so much for helping me today.” Jungwoo said to all of them with a small voice but can be heard by three of them. “It’s really nothing, Jungwoo hyung. We’re okay with it, for real we are.” Mark said with sincerity.

“Actually you can pay our kindness for helping you.” Lucas suddenly talked out of nowhere, Renjun and Mark were surprised by the sudden answer. “W-what is it, Lucas-ssi?” Jungwoo nervously made an eye contact with Lucas from the other side of the bed. “From now on, during lunch, you have to join us, and from now on, you have to be with us, okay?” Lucas sounds so serious but concern as well. “O-okay. Deal.” Jungwoo shyly smiles at Lucas, who melted once again for him. “Well, that’s a good move but anyways it’s time to go home, both of you can walk?” Mark concernly asked both of them who just “back from war”. “I think I can, don’t worry about me.” Lucas ensure Mark who looks worried for his friends. “I’m okay too Mark-ssi.” Jungwoo politely answered Mark who just nodded by the answer. “Okay the let’s move now before the school gates closed.” So all of them started to pack their things and move out from the nurse room. All of them walk quietly cause it stills feel awkward sometimes around new people, especially people like Jungwoo, who seems really shy among new people and strangers. The silent and awkward atmosphere broke down when Mark started the conversation. “Jungwoo hyung, you’re way to home is?” Jungwoo stood in confused then answered “Oh that way.” Renjun suddenly smile so widely. “Ah you’ll walk with Lucas hyung on your way home then, cause Mark hyung house and mine are the opposite way.” Renjun looked at Lucas, who is already sending him death glare. “Is it okay for you Lucas?” Mark already sensed that Lucas might be uncomfortable with Jungwoo. “Ah it’s okay, I’m okay with everything.” Lucas nervously reply while looking at Jungwoo who have a slight red shades on his cheeks. “Okay then, we’ll get going now.” Renjun drags Mark away from them and starts walking.

Jungwoo never feel so shy all of his life and he didn’t know why is he feeling so shy. Did he had a crush on Lucas? Oh he didn’t know of course cause today it’s his first day of new school. He really get nervous around new people but it gives a different vibe with Lucas, he feels safe and protected. Lucas, on the other hand, tries so hard to calm down. He try so hard to started a conversation but he didn’t know what to ask and what kind of tone that he must use when talking to Jungwoo. Should he call him hyung? Call him Jungwoo-ssi? He have no idea. “Ah, we’re already arrived. This is my house.” Jungwoo said in a small voice that knock Lucas out of his thoughts. “Oh, it looks great.” Lucas smiles but feeling regret that he should start the conversation sooner. Jungwoo’s house looks so comfy, suits him so much as a person. It’s blue in colour, medium size, double storey with a small yard at the corner. “I think I need to go now, Lucas ssi. Thank you for the walk.” Jungwoo politely bow his head and open the gate of his house. “Jungwoo-ssi!” Lucas shouted and the latter looks back at him. “Yes?” Jungwoo shyly smiles at him, still have the rosy shades on his cheeks. “Can I.. have your number?” Lucas didn’t have any regrets on saying that, it’s now or never. “Sorry?” Jungwoo didn’t know if he really heard it right or there is something wrong with his ears. Lucas takes a deep breath and smile. “Can I have your number?” Jungwoo hesitating at first but he thinks it’s not gonna hurt him, right? “S-sure, give me your phone.” After the transferring number session, they just stood there looking down , avoiding eye contacts. “I-I better go now, I guess.” Lucas shyly smile and left but he was stopped by Jungwoo suddenly grab his wrist softly. Lucas was shocked at first but he just act cool with it. “Lucas-ssi, I wanna say thank you for today, and sorry for cause you in trouble, too.” Jungwoo slowly let go of Lucas wrist and playing with his own finger instead. Lucas who saw this find it cute and just smiled by the action. “But you already thanked me before and besides it’s nothing, Jungwoo-ssi.” Lucas reassured Jungwoo who feels bad for Lucas for stand up for him. “O-okay then.” Jungwoo shots and eye smile at Lucas and now he melted, once again. “I have to go now, bye.” Lucas greeted Jungwoo and continue to walked home. Jungwoo who is still standing there, watching Lucas walking to his home, smiling to himself. “He is not that bad, is he?” Jungwoo shyly talked to himself while massaging his red cheeks.