Lavender

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lavender 

Another week has passed and the girls have been attending classes, training diligently, allowing themselves to learn more about their world slowly. 

Asclepius was at his study pacing back and forth with the book in hand. Princess Jennie was about to head to her duties when she came across her father with a strong brooding expression etched across his face as he turned a page on his book.  

Jennie knocked respectfully curious. “Father?” her small voice resonated the once silent room. 

“Yes, Selene?” Asclepius queried recognising her voice without lifting his head. 

He always prefers using her daughters’ greek names. 

“Is everything alright?” She questioned. 

“I’m just.. rereading some of our books.” He says as he continued scanning the pages while his brows furrowed. His crescent necklace blinked under the dark.

“Is there any problem?” Jennie continued to probe in hopes she has something to aid. 

“I just.. can’t put my finger to it.” Asclepius lifted his head up to face Jennie before he struts back to his desk placing the book down. 

Jennie sat on the chairs in front of his desk with a quizzical expression. 

“To what, father?” 

“The prophecy..” 

 

***

 

A Cygnet, a water manipulator, was seated afar in his white high chair working as lifeguard while a Shadow kept the light rays in place inside Horae’s majestic indoor pool.

 “20 minutes!” Jinyoung exclaimed as Jisoo arose at the other end of the pool stepping up on the stairs.

“That’s gotta be a new record.” He continued as he jot down Jisoo’s progress. 

The indoor pool was tucked on the second floor of the castle with large windows that help the sun shine brightly through. Marbled walls donned every floor and concrete, along with its gold accents. The water was bright and cobalt blue with a moroccan pattern mosaic etched its floor designed personally by Poseidon’s Cygnets’.

Jinyoung did a double take after watching Jisoo walk back to him at a painfully slow and long distance, dripping wet and in her white one piece bathing suit that perfectly clung in the right places showing Jisoo’s curves and exceptionally toned legs. 

“Jinyoung?” Jisoo called on to him who was staring blankly at her. She glanced back at the Cygnet on his high chair snickering. 

“Jinyoung.” She said calling him again. 

His jaw was left agape. 

“Hongseok, can you help me out a bit?” Jisoo asked over to the Cygnet. 

He swirled his fingers before letting a handful of pool water splash Jinyoung right on the face waking him up in his reverie. 

Jinyoung jolt in surprise from the cold water, making Hongseok cackle in his seat.

“Yeah??” He then asked over to Jisoo before wiping his face dry.

“My towel? You’re kinda seating on it.” Jisoo said resting her hands on her waist. Jinyoung hurriedly stood back up to free the towel and handed it back to her. 

“Thanks.” Jisoo said as she dampen her hair. 

“You’re weird today. What’s up with you?” She then followed a question. 

“U-uh. Nothing. Let’s take a break? I’ll meet you back at the garden field.” 

“Wha—I?” Jisoo tried to say as she watched Jinyoung dash off. 

“Um.. okay??” She said momentarily and continued to dry herself.

“What’s up with him?” Jisoo asked back to Hongseok. 

“The wolf was flustered by your appearance, your highness.” He stated puzzling Jisoo furthermore. 

 

***

 

“Alright, where’s my gear?” 

Robin strode inside the library of the palace where she was being summoned by Jackson while metallic steel skitters along her body forming back into her armour as she strutted.

“Sit.” 

“What?” 

“Sit.” Jackson instructed as he was busy looking over shelves of books. 

Robin made a face as she sat on one of the stools all dressed and ready. 

A loud thud of book slapped on the table in front of her. 

“Eh? What will I do with this? Hit you with it?” Robin held the book. 

“Before being a good warrior you have to learn your enemy.” Jackson explained.

“The Art of War By Sun Tzu?” Robin read the title aloud. 

“It’s a popular novel.” Jackson disclosed. 

“So, we’re not going to.. train today?” 

Jackson leaned his elbows levelling her eyes with hers.

“If you finish the whole book today, I could spare in some training time.” Jackson challenged. 

“Game on.” Robin accepted before turning the cover open. 

She coughed after a pile of dust arose. 

“No one has ever been reading this!” She exclaimed fanning the dust away while she watched Jackson retreated away from her. 

“That’s because every one has read it and mastered it already but you.” He said walking backwards. 

“So this is already 20 years unopened.” She stated with a deadpan expression.

“Consider yourself honoured to be the first after 20 years.” Jackson smirked winking before turning his back on her and leaving her alone in the library. 

“Ugh, if you weren’t cute I would’ve asked for another trainer.” She mumbled to herself.

Jackson’s heightened senses easily heard her mumble from outside making the side of his lips curl into a smile before he left for the field.

 

***

 

Bambam walked funny as he entered the library where Lisa was studying his spells while Nyx followed behind her.

“Oh, hey Bambam. Have you seen Dahyun?” Lisa asked as she read a book in her arm while she walked along a shelf.

“No, I have not. I have come here to profess my love for you.” Bambam said in a very robotic and monotonous voice as he trailed her.

Lisa’s head shot back at Bambam who was acting funny. 

“I love you, Ms. Lisa.” Bambam continued on. 

Lisa’s brows connected as she observed him. She gazed his stature and pose, looking into his eyes who was plain brown. 

She started to realize what was going on. 

“Reformabit verum.” Lisa chanted as she struck her hand towards robotic Bambam. 

Dahyun forcefully shifted back to her normal form and body. 

“Wow, you’re good.” Dahyun praised her the minute she’s back in her normal form. 

“Ms. Lisa, really?” Lisa shot blankly. 

And I do not speak like that!

Bambam growled inwardly after Dahyun’s cover was blown.

Lisa quietly observed her wolf and back at the young Goddess sharing expressions.

The two continued to argue while Lisa got the book in her hand and sat on one of the high tables and chairs of the library. 

When did I ever use Ms. Lisa? 

She heard Bambam’s voice trailed from the shelves while she continued to read her book about Vipers.

Vipers has the ability manipulate animals. They can manipulate their minds to follow them at their will. In battle, if trained well enough, Vipers has the capacity to control mythical beasts..

Her eyes scan every information when she stopped her tracks seeing an important note on the lower part of the page. 

.. Royal Vipers who are born divine or under royal blood has more extensive abilities. They are more able to communicate with both were-creatures and mythical animals. (See: were-creatures on page 258)

Her brows furrowed reading the lines. 

“Were-creatures..” She mumbled to herself before looking back at Nyx who was now resting on the floor with his tail swinging lazily back and forth.

Her memory recalled the incident back all the way to the loft. 

 

“Can we help you?” Robin stood in alert. 

She turned her gaze over the wolves. 

 

Is there a problem Elpis? Why are you suddenly here showing yourself to them? 

It’s time.

 

Lisa noticed the girl shifting her gaze towards their wolves. 

“Don’t worry, they won’t harm you.” She spoke softly

 

“The loft..” Lisa mumbled.

“Dahyun?” She then turn her gaze to the young goddess. 

“Hm?” 

“Can.. you tell me more about were-creatures?” She suddenly found herself asking. 

Nyx’s tail suddenly stopped swinging as his ears perked up. 

“W-what would you like to know?” Dahyun stammered shifting her glances back to Nyx beside her. 

“Explain to me further on what extensive abilities can I possess as a Royal Viper?” Lisa slowly fainted a smile.

Oh no..

Bambam’s head perked up, making his 5 foot body sit back up straight. 

Lisa eyed Nyx before calmly looking back towards Dahyun waiting for her narration. 

“Were-creatures are more complex than regular animals.” Dahyun started. 

“Because they’re half humans.” Lisa stated catching up as she crossed her arm at the young Goddess who was getting agitated. 

“Y-yes.. Vipers, usually just manipulates animals and control mythical beasts. Those who are born with royal or divine bloods..” Dahyun confirmed unblinking. 

“Like me and you.” Lisa said again in the matter of fact. 

“Like.. me and you, are more able and advanced on hearing.. and communicating with were-creatures.” 

Lisa paused recalling the instances she’s with Nyx, tilting her head to slowly recall the memories.

 

“These three wolves are your guardians.. and—“ Dahyun said turning back to the wolves who sat up in their seat alarmed. 

Don’t tell her about us being werewolves yet! Please, give us time. 

We want to tell them personally on our own..

Lisa will probably hate me if she knew..

Lisa at her end furrowed her brows after hearing small voices and whispers. She turned to the wolves who was still looking intently back at Dahyun, looking like they’re conversing in their head. She shook off the thought after Jisoo caught her in distress. 

“You okay?” 

Lisa nodded in response, curling the side of her lips into a small smile. 

 

“The safe haven..” She uttered, brows connecting. 

The goddess and Nyx were looking back at each other agitated. 

 

“Nyx is hurt!” Lisa said assessing her wolf’s arm. 

You okay there, Bam? That’s not nearly big enough for you to bawl easily though..

Jackson looked back at his friend who was whining out of pain. 

Shh, I’m letting her use her ability. 

What if she doesn’t have a healer ability?

Lisa draw her hand over his arm, almost reading his thoughts as it slowly closed up beneath her grasp. 

Did that answer your question, hyung? 

Nyx huffed back to Raven before he turned back to Lisa and her tears away.  

Great job, pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter