You always find out that it hurts after it shatters

Step Up: Real Life

Your POV:


I walked down the hallway emotionlessly.

I ignored the world around me, as if everything was muffled, because I didn't want anything to do with them.

I didn't care if people would bump into me or swear at me for not watching where I was going.

It didn't really matter to me anyway.

The es of the school didn't come up to me because they knew how violent I could get when I'm pissed off or when I'm just not in the mood for anything.

I sliently went up to my locker and placed in the textbooks that I didn't need for the first two periods.

"Hey, I heard about what happ-"

I whirled around, grabbed his shirt and shoved him against the lockers, eyeing him with all the emotions that were bottled up inside me.

"Woah, ________, look, I'm sorry about that, okay? I mean, I know what it's like to lose a friend," he trembled, holding his hands up to indicate that he didn't mean any harm.

I bit my lower lip and blinked a few times to realise that beating the crap out of Seungmin wouldn't do any good.

I shook my head and threw him down to the side, making him land on the floor.

People were staring at us, but I couldn't care less.

After exhaling deeply, I stormed out of the hallway to the back of the school, where no one ever goes.

I threw my bag on the ground and plopped down, trying to get my mind straight from what happened a few nights ago.

"__________?" someone whispered. I snapped my head up and scanned the area.

No one was there.

"__________..." the voice whispered again. That voice was awfully familiar.

My breathing started to quicken. "Hello? Who's there?"

"Over here..."

I turned my head to the left and saw...Jaehyun...

Or his transparent self, for that matter.

Oh man!

I've probably cried myself into insanity.

Now I'm seeing ghosts!

"J-Jae...?" I whispered and slowly started to stand up.

He nodded and I gradually paced towards him.

I looked up to his face and felt tears begin to sting my eyes again.

Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Don't cry, ________..." he said.

"H-how...?" I stuttered.

He only shook his head. "I've got some unfinished business to do,"

"And what's that?"

"Seeing you win World Jam, obviously."

I was stunned for a moment. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not going to leave and find peace until you win and avenge Vortex for me."

I sighed. "Yeah...okay...I'm so sorry I didn't protect you from them..."

"No, ________, you DID protect me...from getting bullied...you sacrificed yourself for me by enduring the pain that I should have endured. You've protected me enough, _________-ah..."

I bit my lip to fight back the tears. "No, Jae, I could have done more...I could have pulled out of World Jam to save you..."

He shook his head again. "You can't, ________. World Jam is your goal in life, your dream. Even if you did save me, where do I have to go? I have no goals, no dreams, no hope...the only dream I have is to get out of my house and start fresh...but that will take an awful amount of time..."

"But-"

"Win World Jam for me...you started your journey to there, and now you have to finish it. You can't stop now. You're too close to the end."

"What will you do then?"

He sighed. "When I finally see that you have defeated them, then I will finally find peace."

I stared at him with a stinging feeling in my eyes. "Is this, are you, really? Are you actually here and talking to me? Am I going crazy?"

Jaehyun chuckled. "No, __________, you're not." 

He moved his hand and cupped it over my cheek. I could feel the cool sensation of his ghost's touch.

I shuddered, making him smirk a little.

"See? You're not crazy." he chuckled.

The bell suddenly rang to indicate that the first class will start.

"Jae, I have to go now..." I said and waved at him.

"Wait," he shot. I gave him a questioning look.

He leaned down and I felt a cool presence on my lips.

I mentally gasped. He was kissing me!

He pulled back after a moment and looked down shyly. 

"Yah, Jae, I-I have to go now..." I stuttered.

He snapped his head up. "Oh, yeah, okay...I'll see you later then..."

I smiled and nodded. "See you..." I said and waved, turning back to grab my bag and get to class.

First period was music, and I saw Chi Hoon waiting outside the music room.

I ran up to him and hugged him tightly, making him jerk in surprise.

He eventually hugged me back. "Honey, I heard what happened..." he whispered and began to my hair.

"Oppa, it hurts...it hurts so much..." I sobbed into his chest.

"Shh...it's okay...don't cry, ________...come on, we have to go in now. We'll take more about this at lunch, okay?"

I pulled back and looked up at him and nodded. He planted his lips on my forehead and placed an arm over my shoulder, walking with me into the music room.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

named the chapter after another line from FACE ^_^

more awesomeness to come in the next chapters!

don't forget to comment and subscribe!!