Potato Chips, Nutella, Lavenders, and Aging

I SAID, SHE SAID, THE BABY SAID
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! A RANDOM CHAPTER FOR EVERYONE. JUST HAVING A BREAK FROM WRITING THE ENDING OF THE OTHER FIC.

ENJOY!

PEACE YOW!

 

 

 

 

 

Norfolk, England

 

 

 

 

Spring.

 

For others, it meant the cold Winter is over and hot Summer is coming.

 

I love Spring same as how I love Autumn and Winter. Summer is just so-so because I don’t like the heat and the humid weather it brings.     

 

Amber deems Spring as ‘The start of a new beginning’ for all kinds of life.

 

Like what is happening now this cool Spring day in April.

 

The start of a new beginning for a person very special in our hearts.

 

We watch her walk down the aisle looking so beautiful in her wedding dress. Her smile was as warm as the Sun shining on everything its ray will reach. Happiness radiating from her glowing face adding to her beauty. Vic unnie, Amber, and I stood in front opposite the beautiful bride’s groom witnessing the start of her new beginning. Her groom teary eyed just like the three of us while watching her walk in practiced pace. He is a good guy and we are very grateful that he came to her life when she thought she will live alone for the rest of eternity.

 

She asked the three of us to be her Bridesmaids while her twin sister as her Matron of Honor. Now I can’t stop myself from tearing up seeing my beloved member and sister marrying the man she loves. Amber was sniffing too beside me, when she turned her head to look at me I burst out laughing covering my mouth. She patted my wet cheeks with her handkerchief then took my right hand intertwining it with hers.

 

The bride reached her groom, but before that she went to us and gave us a tight hug one by one. After that is a group hug before we gave her willingly (more like shove her playfully much to her fake sulking that earned giggles and amuse laughter from everyone) to the man who promised to love her and her family until his last breath.

 

We went to our seats for the ceremony to begin. Changmin Oppa handed Nicky to Amber as we sat on our seats watching the ceremony being conducted in English by a Minister. He assisted Victoria unnie on her seat, she was at my left while oppa was on her left side. When it was time to say their vows, all of us were asked to stand up to witness it.

 

“Soojung….”

 

I leaned my head on my Amber’s shoulder waiting for whatever she will whisper. My eyes glued on the scene in front of us. Two wonderful people holding hands facing each other with loving smiles on their faces. Exchanging their self written vows for one another that made the guests around us wipe the tears rolling down on their cheeks. Awwww…~ I suddenly remembered my own wedding with this llama beside me.

 

“Hmmm…”

 

“Hojoon oppa is crying…” she said in a playful snicker. When I roamed my eyes on the left side, I saw our former Manager wiping his eyes with a handkerchief.

 

“He cried in our wedding too remember?”

 

“Hehehe… yeahh… he was crying more than your Dad and my Dad. He even fixed my tux that day while teary eyed, remember?” Aww… yeah. I remembered that story told by Amber after the wedding celebration ended. She said Hojoon oppa was teary eyed when he fixed her tux. Then patted her shoulder and head like a proud Father looking at his daughter saying in a hoarse voice, ‘I am happy that finally you and Soojung decided to get married. Its a dream come true not just for both of you but also mine.’ He wasn’t just our Manager in f(x), Hojoon oppa was a brother, a friend, a protector, a Father to all of us until now.

 

Amber sighed beside me then went silent. A few moments later I felt her lips brushing on top of my head then sighed again. I know her so much. The way she sighs differ from one another that experiencing it will give you a glimpse of how she feels. Right now her sigh means she is still in a state of wonder and disbelief. Not the bad kind of course, but its like… hmmm… how do I explain this?

 

Shock probably? Surprised?

 

Because until now I am in shock too. Most especially the morning when we arrived in England a week ago. Both of us cannot believe what we found out. Vic unnie wasn’t shock at all, even said she knew all about it.

 

“Is this really happening?…” she whispered again drawing a smile on my lips. This is the sixth time today that Amber asked me that question with her ‘I-cannot-believe-its-happening’ voice. I sighed, wrapping my right arm around her waist because I am such a clingy puppy when it comes to Amber.  

 

“Silly… what do you think?” I asked her back in a whisper.

 

“Its something Park Sunyoung dreamed about but never thought will happen.” I agree. Amber is right. After all the heartbreaks from those s of exes Luna unnie had, she told us back then that she lost fate in love. She even thought of living alone for the rest of her life because she lost trust in men. But now here she is, marrying the guy who respects and loves her so much.

 

“Maybe its fated to happen…” I said.

 

“Maybe… possibly…”

 

“Fate do exist.”

 

“I know…” I felt her left arm snaking around my neck pulling me close playfully in a lock.”… you’re right beside me.” Tsssss… cheeseball strikes again of all places!

 

The smile on my lips never left, instead it became wider paired with a giggle. “Stop it Amber Jung.”

 

“I can’t stop it Chrystal Liu~…” the two of us lost again in our own world that no one else dares to step in. We just can’t help it… plus the mood today totally adds to the giddiness we have.

 

“I’m still adjusting to all of… this…” Amber said with awe in her voice. I patted her back understanding what she feels because even me I’m still in awe seeing and experiencing the treatment we are having in this place.  

 

“Me too. But our son easily adjusted after 5 hours upon setting the luggage inside our room.”

 

“Gosh, what are going to do with this kid once we go back to L.A.? He’s gonna miss running around in this garden.” awww true… Nicky came to looooove this spacious garden. Typical of English manors anyway… very wide and spacious with lots of flowers, plants, trees, and grass where he can jump and roll however he wants.

 

“Should we invest in a real house soon? With a spacious garden and swimming pool?” I asked in a whisper.

 

She answered me with a low chuckle then whispered too. “Like Michael Jordan’s house?!”

 

“Stoopid~….” I pinched her sides earning a small laugh from her lips. Nicky’s small giggles erupting probably seeing his Mama making a funny face.

 

“I thought a 2 bedroom unit is what you want?” she asked. Hmmm… I also am still undecided if I want a house or a unit. It all depends on what will happen soon.

 

To be honest, Amber and I have been talking about moving. Nothing final about it yet but… one thing we agreed upon is that we can’t live forever in our current house. As much as we love that house so much, we also fear for our family’s safety. Just last month another forest fire started that became another full blown wild fire almost reaching Malibu again. Amber said it may happen again like before, and no way she will wait for that time to experience another wild fire like what happened years ago.

 

Plus… there is a major reason why we have to move. A very good reason that requires our decision to be agreeable and convenient not just for both of us but also for our children.

 

“Ssshhh… maybe we will get use to this… new world of Park Sunyoung.” I raised my head from Amber’s shoulders and turned to look at her with an understanding smile. I know what she feels… her protectiveness over Luna unnie is still there. Nothing change over the years.

 

She was looking at me too while holding Nicky in her arms. Our son his thumb too amaze of all the people he sees. This is his first ever family event that’s why all he does is stare at everyone and smile.

 

Where are we?

 

Hehehe…

 

We are in a spacious garden in England that you will only see in Google or by watching 14th century English shows that depicts the lives of royalty.

 

A very special private wedding being held now in front of families and close friends this one fine spring morning. The spacious garden of the manor itself is like a field of lavender and lilies, the aisle covered with purple rose petals and tiffany chairs lined up on both sides. Leading to a gazebo also decorated with hanging wisteria with a touch of periwinkle too. Now who’s the number 1 MeU again? (^__^)

 

 

 

 

 

After saying their vows and exchanging rings, the ceremony ended with the usual ‘You may kiss the bride’ and loud applause from everyone. Then we proceeded to the tent pavilion where the lunch reception will take place. The whole place looks so dreamy with all the flowers and Victorian design that Luna unnie personally supervised.

 

The 5 course lunch menu was superb! Loved the Filet Mignon and Lobster while Amber sighed in contentment eating her Herb Chicken fillet and Salad Greens with Raspberry vinaigrette. Even the Lemon and Mint Sherbet was refreshing, not forgetting the Moist Chocolate Cake from the special Dessert Bar the couple boasted to everyone. Everyone including us enjoyed the food, drinks, even the program and the band.   

 

Who would have thought she will marry an English gentleman with a Title and land ownership, considered to be the royal family of the North of England? Hahaha… I thought he was just a nice Hedge Fund guy while Amber said she thought he was Henry Cavill’s twin brother. We only knew him as Earl! Turns out he is Earl, a Finance Analyst / Duke coming from a clan with royal lineage dating back to 13th century England.

 

Yeahh… Park Sunyoung married an aristocrat and an only male heir. A DUKE. His family owns vast land and a castle that according to our friend GOOGLE is worth A LOT. So now she gained the title DUCHESS… I don’t even know how to put everything in my head when Luna unnie casually informed us days before leading to this wedding. Its like living in a dream… a very beautiful dream of Park Sunyoung that came true and she truly deserves it.  

 

I don’t know how the Park family accepted this but I know how much they love Luna unnie. They support their union and accepted Earl- I mean His Grace into their family. Next month there will be another wedding ceremony to be conducted in Korea. The couple will have a traditional Korean wedding and banquet for everyone back home.  

 

Luna unnie’s family came all the way from Korea and a couple of her closest friends in and out of the industry just to attend. Victoria unnie who is already on her sixth month of pregnancy came with Changmin oppa straight from China. While Amber and I with Nicky flew from New York where we spent the last days of our holiday vacation with my parents.

 

Of course the Switzerland trip happened! I got a clearance from my OB-Gyne not forgetting to remind me that I enjoy the trip at the same time be careful too. The three of us had fun in the Swiss alps most especially Nicky who played with Amber using the kiddie snow sled she gave last Christmas. I did ski just like the old times, clearing the Black Diamond slope to the horror of Amber. I got an earful from her hehehe… but it was worth it. Plus baby girl is holding just fine in Mommy’s womb… (^___^) Amber had a good time too doing her snowboarding, even teaching Nicky saying ‘His Mommies are sporty so as early as now we must awaken that sporty blood running through his veins.’ I just hope Nicky will remember everything she taught… he’s just turning 2 years old by July!

 

Vic unnie and I were chatting about our Swiss family trip when Luna unnie came to our table just to mingle. The main program was done a while ago and the lavender bouquet already thrown caught by her cousin.

 

She sat on the chair in between me and Vic unnie releasing a very deep tired sigh. “Gosh… I’m so tired…”

 

“The wedding looks so beautiful Sunyoung-ah~… nice job!” Vic unnie said giving Luna unnie a thumbs up with a smile while poking on a slice of Melon on her plate. I’m amazed at Vic unnie’s pregnancy body… wow… you won’t notice she is pregnant if she has her back on you. You will only know it if she turns around hehehe… kinda like me when I was pregnant with Nicky.

 

But with my pregnancy now… I think its the other way around. XD

 

I hope not. (T___T)

 

“Unnie~… Sooojung-ah… thank you for coming~…” she pouted shamelessly at Vic unnie and me with her puppy eyes. I laughed out loud seeing Vic unnie’s face feigning a cringe on Luna’s attempt to be cute.

 

“You don’t have to thank us unnie, of course we will be here for you.”

 

She extended her hand on my direction that I took, squeezing it tight. “I’m very happy all of you came…”

 

“Luna unnie, you were always there for us through ups and downs. This is the happiest day of your life of course we will be here to celebrate it with you."

 

“Yah! Stop that disgusting aegyo Park Sunyoung.”

 

“Victoria, mind your manners!~ You are talking to Her Grace.” I playfully scolded Vic unnie supressing my giggle.

 

The internal joke between me, Amber and Vic unnie always makes Luna unnie pout and glare at us. But then her glares and pouts only makes us endlessly. Ever since we found out that Earl has a title, we have been making fun of her by addressing her as Her Grace or Duchess Sunyoung. 

 

“Please don’t say it again Soojung-ah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter