BTS: Kim Seokjin (Romance; Angst)

K-POP: One-Shot Collection

Req.by: @clarencekang


"For better, or for worst. Till death do us part..." 

She shook the empty wine bottle while sticking her tongue out for the last drop of it but much to her dismay, she was out. Yuri stood up and wobbly went to the kitchen where Seokjin was standing washing the dishes. 

She smiled upon the sight of his broad shoulders. His back muscles flexing as he soaped the plates. Taking a few steps forward, she wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her flushed face at his back. 

"I'm out of wine." She whined. Seokjin sighed. Even he couldn't stop his very drunk partner. "Babe. You should stop drinking." He spoke quietly. Just as he expected, Yuri let go. Dropping her hands she walked to the fridge and opened it to check for more alcohol. But there was none. 

"You can't keep drinking Yuri. Please stop." Seokjin calmly pulled Yuri's arms away from the fridge door and closed it. "It's been 8 months."  He voiced out. 

Yuri looked up at his tall husband, tears forming in her eyes. "I need to drink Jin." She pleaded. Her voice cracking and her breathing shaky. Jin could only swallow the lump in his throat. He pulled her close to him and hugged her tight as she cried like hell. 

 

8 months ago...

It was a normal day for the Kim family as they went out to the park on a warm Saturday afternoon. Jinri, ran around as she chased after the small puppy corgy Seokjin brought home a few days earlier. 

"Daddy! Look! I'm carrying Taro!" The little girl announced as she proudly lifted the chubby corgy in her arms. "Careful baby, you might fall." Jin laughed as Jinri obviously ignored him and went to play with her new pet. 

"We should've just gotten her a smaller pet. Look at her struggling to lift him." Yuri laughed on Jin's shoulder as they watched their little girl fall on her and on the grass. "Let's just cut off on Taro's snacks." Jin laughed as well. 


"Jinri-ah~" Jin called as he stood up to bring Jinri back to their picnic spot. "Let's eat." He smiled at his little daughter, going down and meeting her eyes at level. "Look, Daddy. Taro's smiling." She pulled up the puppy's paws and let him stand to look at them both. "He looks cute. Like you." Jin said, tapping the little girl's nose. She giggled at this and did the same to her puppy. "Daddy thinks you're cute Taro" She smiled widely. 

"Mommy made bunny apples," Jin said earning an excited gasp and giggle from Jinri. "Bunny apples!" She shouted excitedly as she jumped in Jin's arms for him to carry her. "Let's go Taro, Mommy made my favorite." She said as she hugged the puppy in her arms. 

They went back to their spot and sat on the picnic mat. Yuri put out a separate dog bowl for Taro and a lunch box for Jinri. "Beef food for Taro, Gimbap, and apples for Jinri." Yuri one by one opened the lunch boxes. " What about Mommy and Daddy's food?" Little Jinri asked. "Jajan!~ Chicken, eggs, and more Gimbap." Yuri said, opening the last three lunch boxes. 

"Thank you for the food Mommy!" Jinri said, clasping her small hands and bowing her head. "How'd you know Mommy cooked?" Yuri asked curiously. "There's so much Gimbap." The little girl giggled. Jin laughed out loud, even falling on the mat at what his daughter said. Yuri laughed in embarrassment, slapping Jin's arm for laughing at her. "That's because I wanted to make our food today baby." Yuri reasoned out to their little girl who only smiled at her still laughing father. 

"Daddy's so loud." Jinri laughed as well. Yuri could only stare at her husband and their first born. "You two are making fun of me." Yuri scoffed an unbelievable laugh. But even though the two were making fun of her cooking skills, she couldn't feel happier. This was perfection right here. Jinri, Jin, their new addition Taro, and her. 

Indeed, a very normal day for the little Kim family. 

Or so they thought. 

On their way home, while the three were singing to a Pororo song in chorus. As Jin stepped on the gas pedal, Taro suddenly started barking and soon Jinri shouted shocking all of them. 

Crash!

A large water truck that later on was investigated that has the brake pedals broken hit the side of their car. Unfortunately, at the left side where Jin and Jinri sat. The car turned 3 times at the impact then suddenly stopped when the front car crashed to a cement fence

They all lost consciousness when the emergency team got to them. Yuri, however, woke up before. The first person she checked on was Jinri. Who clutched on Taro so protectively and tightly.

"Jinri?! JINRI?!" Yuri shook her baby girl in panic. The little girl's hand fell on her side, letting go of Taro who rolled with no sign of life. She tried to move and check on her daughter but she couldn't as her leg was stuck and pressed on. Then she turned to look at Jin who was laying lifelessly, blood gushing from his forehead and nose. Same as her. The windows were shattered, doors bent. Everything flipped. 

She tried her hardest to move and check on Jinri for even the slightest sign of life. As she wiggled to reach out, she felt pain on her leg. But she couldn't care less. 

She took a hold of Jinri's wrist and checked on her pulse. It was barely there, but it was there. Then she checked on Seokjin, cupping the side of his neck to feel his pulse, to feel that he too, had it. But it was stronger than Jinri's.

One thing was for sure, Jinri needed to go to the hospital and very fast. 


When Yuri opened her eyes again, the light of her room came in first. By her side was her sister, and at the foot end of her bed was a nurse. Seeming to just have finished her rounds. "Mhm." She whimpered a call to the Nurse. 

"Ma'am? Are you coming to your senses? Can you hear me?" The nurse hurriedly went to Yuri's side and checked on her. Her sister also woke up from the sudden ruckus, checking on Yuri in panic. "Yuri?! Sis!" She called, holding her sister's hand and crying. 

"I'm okay. Where's Jinri? What about Seokjin?" Yuri sat up, ignoring the pain in her leg which she was so sure of, is fractured. "Seokjin's in the ICU."  Her sister cried. "And Jinri?" She asked. Her sister quietly shook her head, looking down and gripping Yuri's hand tight as ever. The nurse stepped aside and let the sister sit up and hug Yuri as tight as she could without hurting her. But they both knew that the physical pain was nothing compared to how she's feeling right now. 


Yuri was pushed inside the ICU room of Jin. "Ma'am. You can press the button if you need anything. " The male nurse said, leaving Yuri beside Jin who was still unconscious and laying. Slowly, she reached out for Jin's hand and began crying, soon, she was sobbing hard. 

"Jin." She choked. "Jinri and Taro..." She sobbed harder. Feeling like the world crashed down on her. "They didn't make it." She cried onto his hand, gripping it with guilt, pain, and frustration. "Jinri's-" She sobbed harder like she did the first time she heard about the news. "Our poor baby..." She bawled her heart out, knowing that Jin is probably hearing her but not awake enough for the news to hit him. 

She couldn't accept it. She wished it was her who went instead. She should've sat beside Jinri. Maybe they could've gone together, or better, she could've saved her. But facts remains the same. This was the reality that she wished never happened. 

Earlier that day, everything felt like pure ecstasy. Who would've imagined that this was how things were going to turn out. That they would spend the last day as three, four including taro, only to wake up the next day as two. Truly, it was the most devastating thing. No parent should live to bury their own child. And to think that she was so young. Her first day at school, first bike riding lesson, first slumber party, first love, all gone in a snap.

 

 

3 days passed, but Jin has not woke yet. Yuri started to wish that she was the one in a coma instead. Or the one who died in the crash instead. Then she wouldn't have to go through this torture. She felt dead inside. But part of her didn't want to end her life simply because she didn't want to leave Jin alone. He lost his daughter, how would he feel if he found out he lost his wife too?

The most heartbreaking thing Yuri had to go through was to bury her passed child, and thinking that her husband may not wake at all too. Everyone was there, giving their condolences, helping whatever way they could. Seokjin's closest friends came as soon as they heard what happened. They stayed up with Yuri, talked to her to help her take her mind of the pain even just a little. But they all knew she was breaking and barely holding on to life. 

 

 

Weeks passed. Though Yuri was discharged from the hospital, every day she went to visit Jin and be with him the whole day. Jin also got out of the ICU and was transferred to a regular room seeing as nothing else was alarming with his condition. The doctors said that all they could do at that time was to wait. Yuri almost lost it but when Jin's hand shook for just a second, she knew there was hope. That Jin might come back to her. 

And finally, the day came. Yuri was just about to leave the hospital since visiting hours were over. Jimin, one of Jin's friends, offered to stay the night in her place. And just as she was about to leave, Jin tossed and turned then his eyes fluttered open. His first words were the same as Yuri's. "Where's Jinri?" 

 

A month for Yuri, and 6 days for Jin. The time they spent living with the fact that their daughter, their firstborn, was indeed gone. Jin cried like hell of course. But Yuri was beside him all that time that he was blaming himself for failing to protect them. For failing as a father and a husband. Like any other parent, he too wished that he was the one who should have gone. Yuri had no words because she felt exactly the same. So instead of comforting each other, they shared the pain together. The pain of their loss and misery that was ahead. 


 

And this is the time ahead. Yuri drank, and drank until she would black out and then wake up the next day to do the same. Jin knew he had to put his together for Yuri. Because he was still blaming himself for their baby girl's passing. So he let her be. He let her drink, quit her job, stay at home to cry and do nothing. He thought it was the only way to help her with how she felt. But 8 months had passed since then. And she didn't look like she was stopping any sooner. So he had to step up to her. Even if it meant confronting her with their painful reality. 

 

Jin pulled away, tears also streaming down his cheeks as he watched his beloved try to stop herself from sobbing. She was trying hard not to feel this way, he knew that. "Babe. If you keep drinking. You'll get sick." He softly said. "I miss her Jin. I miss holding her in my arms. I miss our baby girl, so damn much." She sobbed harder as she voiced out her wishes. But he simply bent down and kissed her closed eyelids, stopping her tears. 

"I miss her too. So so much. But she wouldn't want to see us like this. Being sad. Crying, every day. " he said. She thought about Jin's words and realized he was right. Jinri hated it when they looked sad. Jinri cried when one of them frowned or was hurt. And she cried, even more, when one of them was crying. For a while Yuri was quiet. Then she looked up and said to him, "She would've wanted to live." Gently, she let go and was about to walk away but Jin spoke up. 

"She wouldn't want you to die either. I don't want you gone." Jin said, loud and clear. "Please Yuri. You're all I have left. Don't do this to me." He pleaded as his cries got louder. Yuri knew she was breaking him. And she felt guilty and weak that this was all she could do. The sunshine personality they had before felt like it left their body for good and all that was left was darkness and grief. 

"I'm sorry." Was all she could muster for now. She turned around and was greeted with Jin's strong arms around her. He grabbed her by the neck with his shaking hand and crashed his trembling lips against hers. "Don't leave me too." He whispered, diving in for another desperate kiss. She kissed him back, just as dearly. No words were needed for her message to be passed on. With her kiss, she let him feel that she wouldn't want him gone too. 

They spent the night, wrapped in each other's comforting embrace as they half cried and half talked about their memories with Jinri. And that night was a start. The beginning of them accepting that Jinri was gone. And that even though she may never live with them again, she will always be alive in their hearts. 


3 years later...


"Yuri! Babe! I'm leaving!" Jin shouted by the door as he put on his shoes and tied the knots. Usually, Yuri would already be running to kiss him goodbye but today Yuri was walking as slow as ever. And the impatient person Jin is, he took off his shoes once again and looked for his wife who he saw was standing in front of their full-length mirror.

"Babe. Where's my kiss?" He whined as he flailed his arms towards Yuri who still stood frozen in her place. "Hey, what's...up." His last word trailed off when he saw the small thing that Yuri was holding in her hand. "Is that.." He whispered. 

Finally, she turned to him and hugged him tightly. Crying and sobbing like a mess as she gripped the white stick in her hand. "I'm pregnant." She cried. Jin was gaping in shock. He didn't know that he himself was already crying until Yuri wiped his tears for him. "Jinri's having a younger brother." She cried again with a soft smile on her lips. 

"Thank you, Yuri" Jin finally spoke up as he returned the hug just as tight. "No, thank you," Yuri said, chuckling when he heard how Jin sobbed by her cheek. "I'm sure Jinri's looking forward to her younger brother as well."  She cried tears of joy when she thought of the time that Jinri was asking for a baby brother. 

 

 

"Mommy! I also want a baby brother! Like Bentley. " Jinri demanded in her cute little voice. The three of them were watching old episodes of the return of Superman and when Jinri saw how adorable Bentley is, she kept watching videos of him and William on youtube. 

"Yes, ma'am. Mommy and I will get right to it. Daddy will make sure that you will have a baby brother by tonight. Right babe?" Jin turned to Yuri, winking and puckering his lips for a flying kiss to which she simply rolled her eyes and laughed. "You wish." She sassily replied. 

Jin faked his shock. He gasped then turned to Jinri to pick her up in his arms and let her sit on his lap. "Mommy said I should wish it," Jin whispered to Jinri. "I'll  wish it!" She cutely raised her hand as a volunteer then quickly clasped her tiny fingers and crumpled up into a ball in her father's arms. "Please let mommy give me a baby brother." She chanted with her eyes tightly shut. 

Jin played along and also clasped his hands whispering beside Jinri who already leaned on Jin's chest in comfort.  "Maybe tomorrow guys."  Yuri laughed, pinching her daughter and her husband's cheeks. They laughed and giggled at Yuri's touch. Yuri smiled widely at how cheeky the father-daughter tandem are.

 

The memory of Jinri and Jin always ganging up to make fun of Yuri seemed like it would never end. But it did at some point. And now, that tandem might happen again. 

"You know. Her baby brother might also be a baby sister." Jin said as he wrapped his arms around Yuri's waist more comfortably. The thought of him meeting his friends in about 10 minutes seemed to fade away as he took his time to look and stare at his admirably beautiful wife. All they could think about now is about confirming this news with an ob-gyn as soon as possible. Then, give the news to everybody. 


So Jin canceled, even though Yuri told him he didn't have to. But how he convinced her made her let Jin be with a soft heart. 

"We lost our first baby. I want to make sure this is real." 

And damn right it was. Yuri is 3 weeks pregnant. And when the doctor told them, Jin couldn't stop crying. Even the Doctor panicked a little. Yuri had to make up something about Jin being a very emotional husband. And the doctor just nodded. He felt the need to give the couple some space so he left them alone and exited his own office.


"Babe, stop crying. You freaked the doctor out." Yuri chuckled as she hugged the still crying Jin. "I can't help myself. I'm just so happy." He sobbed. You can tell that he was trying hard to not cry too but the tears kept falling that it also made Yuri cry. 

"You know. I can picture Jinri smiling and jumping in joy with the news. She really wanted a brother. But we weren't ready back then. So you bought her a pet." Yuri chuckled at another memory of their first born. 

"She wouldn't talk to us because she was sulking." Jin finally chuckled as well. His shoulders stopped shaking and now he's just hugging his wife's belly. He turned to face Yuri's belly then he softly kissed it. "Daddy will protect you and mommy properly this time. Just grow and be healthy little peanut." 

Yuri smiled and closed her eyes when she heard Jin. It's been a while since she heard him use the word peanut as a nickname. All she could think of now was Jinri and she was sure Jin was thinking the same. "I think I'll call him little bean instead," Jin whispered. "You can call him whatever you want babe. He's still going to be our little boy." "Or girl." Jin chuckled.


4 months passed and Yuri's belly was getting slightly bigger already. When they told everybody the news, they held a party and everybody shared heart-felt toasts about it. Everyone knew how hard it was for Jin and Yuri when they lost Jinri. And their on-the-way child is a blessing not only to the couple but to everyone who knew Jinri. Jinri can never be replaced. But they all realized that the life of the living should not end with the passing of their beloved. And instead, they should celebrate it and cherish it because, in a blink, all could be gone.


7 months... Yuri has been on maternity leave from her job since her 5th month. So now she's just sitting on the couch, munching on fruits with her sister beside her also watching tv with her. Jin is very cautious and overprotective when it comes to Yuri's pregnancy. And he would never leave the house unless Yuri has someone else with her. On some days it would be either one of their parents, Yuri's sister, one of Jin's six gentlemen friends, or one of Yuri's friends. Either way, Jin did not allow for Yuri to be alone. 

Because of the accident, Yuri couldn't lift anything heavy or even do anything extreme that involves leg power. So this whole time that she's pregnant, she was either on the couch or on the bed. She could walk yes, but not stand too long with her 7 months baby in her. So she too allowed herself to be taken care of because she didn't want to risk anything. 

But today was different. She felt contractions and a little pain. She tried to brush it off because she was just probably too mushy now since she can't really move. But when she felt a kick and a few thrashing movements inside her, she knew something was up. So they rushed to the hospital in panic. Yerin, Yuri's sister, called Jin on the way, sounding as calm as possible but she knew Jin was too much of a panic guy and so his last words were 'I'm on my way'

 

40 minutes later, Jin came in the Emergency room looking rattled and everything. He works as a music show producer so he didn't really wear such formal clothes to work. But he was still wearing his ID and Jungkook also came in, worry all over his face. He was the one who probably drove them here. Because at this moment, Jin couldn't think properly. 

Thankfully nothing bad happened. They said that the baby got uncomfortable so he moved a lot. The doctor chuckled and said that the baby is probably very eager to come out, hence the aggressive movements.

Everyone heaved a relieved sigh with the news. Jin lost power in his legs that it gave out making him sit on the end of Yuri's bed. 

"Thank God." Jin sighed, holding Yuri's hand who squeezed back in comfort. "Don't worry, Jinri probably told him to behave," Yuri said. Jin chuckled at this, so did Yerin and Jungkook. "Yeah, she probably did," Jin replied with a smile. 


9 months later... April 11, 2026. 

Everybody sat uncomfortably when they heard that Yuri is about to give birth today. Most of them rushed to the hospital when they heard she was in labor. The room was crowded indeed. Namjoon, who is Jinri's Godfather, was probably the calmest looking person but the most nervous inside. His face was calm but his constantly tapping foot said otherwise. Jin is, of course,  with Yuri in the delivery room. Jungkook had to call in for Jin and apologize that Jin couldn't make it to his award ceremony today as his wife was going to give birth. 

Jin probably looked the most dashing inside the delivery room. Wearing a suit with his hair styled nicely underneath that sterile gown. Yuri was annoyed because   Jin was looking this good while she probably looked like a sweaty mess on the table. Not that she cared about what she looked like at the moment, just...hormones. 

About 3 hours later, the cries of a healthy baby boy could finally be heard. Yuri was crying in joy at the sound of her second child's cries. Jin was smiling with tears falling as well as he watched the nurse wash the baby clean. He leaned down and kissed Yuri's forehead, caressing her head as he whispered, "You did well Babe. I love you." 


"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Kim. It's a very healthy baby boy." The nurse smiled, handing the baby into Yuri's arms. They both looked at the little and fragile being wrapped in a blanket, rubbing his cheeks with a small smile. "He looks so much like Jinri." Jin chuckled in tears. Yuri couldn't muster to voice out proper words. So she just bawled in joy. Hugging and leaving a kiss on their baby boy's forehead as Jin did the same to her. 

"Welcome to the world, Yuseok-ah" Jin whispered softly, calling their infant child by his name for the very first time. Yuri smiled at this. "Yuseok...we chose a good name, didn't we?" Yuri finally spoke. "Yes. We did."  Jin replied, kissing Yuseok's forehead as well. 

They spent 15 minutes admiring Yuseok. Watching him squish his own cheeks with his tiny closed fists. When he smiled at the sound of Jin and Yuri's voices, it was the most precious feeling that they both felt. They couldn't believe that this was happening again. For some time they really believed that they wouldn't have the strength to have another child after what happened. But they were wrong. Yuseok's 7-pound weight proved that wrong. Because he grew healthy inside Yuri.


Jin was the first to leave the delivery room. He had this tear stained face but he managed to pull off a proud and happy smile when he faced everyone. "They made it," Jin said proudly. His and Yuri's parents hugged him,  congratulating him for hanging in there. Yuri's mother said something particular that made Jin adore his mother in law more. She said, "I know living with Yuri isn't easy. She's a lot of work and needs so much reassurance for love. But you stayed beside her all these years, not once did you show her that you gave up on her.  Thank you for taking good care of my daughter. I'm glad that you are my son in law." 


A week has passed. Jin took the day off to pick up Yuri and Yuseok from the hospital as they are to be discharged today. Jin had mixed feelings about driving them back home today. Thoughts about what happened before kept flashing in his mind but he knew he had to overcome that. 

As a father, you want to provide comfort to your family. To let them feel reassured and safe. And even though he was trembling on the way to the hospital, as soon as he saw Yuseok in Yuri's arms, that fear faded away. And instead, he gained strength. He didn't want to show his wife and son they fear he felt. He pulled out his fatherly smile, kissing them both on the forehead. Making sure that not even the slightest bit of nervousness could be visible.

Only when they arrived home did Yuri notice how nervous Jin was. When Yuri passed Yuseok to Jin, who was sitting on the couch, she leaned in and kissed his forehead. The same thing he did to them earlier.

 "I haven't told you this. But...thank you, for being the father of my children." She smiled as she stared into Jin's eyes with much love and sincerity. 

He smiled back, returning the loving gaze to Yuri. "and thank you, for being the mother of mine." He said. 


Genre: Romance; Angst 
Artist: Kim Seokjin
OC: Im Yuri 
Intensity: 7/10