Absence

Part-time Billionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a week since Tiffany started working at Jessica's company and Tiffany have already regretting on why she never listens to Jessica when she was teaching her some business ethics. 

It was a surprise to the whole company to see Tiffany working there but Jessica's secretary covered it up very well. She told them that Tiffany is a new business partner and wanted to learn more about the business so she decided to work as a regular employee.

"Hi, I'm Nickhun. You are new here right? Do you need some help?" A tall guy suddenly appears in front of her.

"No, thank you" Tiffany politely declined his offer. Eversince she started working at the company, Tiffany has always been a loner. People around her has been too nosy about her personal life that Tiffany just decided to avoid it as much as possible.

"Hey, don't worry, I won't bother you about your personal life. I really just wanted to help you" Nickhun smiled at her. 

Nickhun seems to be a good guy. Most of the people in the company knows him. He's kind and friendly. 

"Anyways, I've noticed that you've always been eating alone during lunch, so, I just wanted to invite you to join me and my friends. Don't worry, they are nice" Nickhun offered. 

"Okay. I'll join you" Tiffany replied. She doesn't really want to but of course she also needs to be friends with her co-workers.

"Okay, see you later" Nickhun smiled and went back to his work.

--

Lunch with Nickhun and his friends was surprisingly better than she expected. They never let her feel out of place. They didn't also asked questions about her personal life. Their topic is mostly about their work or about their hobbies. 

"Ms. Hwang, Ms. Jung wants to see you at her office" Ms. Yoon called. Tiffany excitedly thought about Jessica's comeback but then remembered Krystal replaced her for the meantime.

As she walks to Krystal's office, Tiffany wonders on what would be the reason on why Krystal called her. She's still clearly upset about what happened between her sister and Tiffany.

"Tiffany" Krystal called in her cold voice. She was standing by the door of her office drinking a cup of coffee. 

"Is there a problem?" Tiffany asked worried. "Let's talk inside. Please lock the door" Krystal said as she walked to her table. Tiffany obeyed what Krystal have said and then sat at the seat in front of her.

"How have you been?" Krystal asked nonchalantly. "I-I'm fine" Tiffany was taken aback at Krystal's question. If Krystal is not upset with her it's just a normal question but that's not the case. 

"Does my sister calls you?"

"No" She answered sadly. 

"This is frustrating" Krystal said as she took a sip of her coffee. Tiffany looked at her confused and worried. "The Great Jessica Jung just called me earlier just to ask me for a favor and that is to ask you how are you doing then she just hung up. I tried to call her back but I can't" Krystal let go of her facade then whined at Tiffany like a child.

Before the drama and everything, Krystal and Tiffany have a really nice bond and friendship. Tiffany treats Krystal as her own sister and vice versa. Due to all of her mistakes, they started to drift away. Krystal will choose her real sister ofcourse. 

"I miss her too Krys" Tiffany said with a sad smile on her face as she pats Krystal's head. It's obvious that Krystal has something on her mind lately and Tiffany just doesn't have the guts to ask her due to their situation.

"Anyways, I'll be going. I need to check how they are going in the coffee shop" Krystal said and stood up quickly. Probably because she knows that Tiffany knows that there's something bothering her. 

"Keep safe okay? If you have any problem, I wanted you to know that I'm still here for you" Tiffany said as she gave Krystal a hug before exiting the office.

Krystal just sighed deeply at how confused she is at the moment. There's a lot going on in her life. It seems life is just going so fast and Krystal was having problem controlling the pace. Krystal needs Jessica so bad. She hates to admit it but she depends on her sister a lot. Jessica's absence is driving her crazy.

---

"Is there a problem?" Jihyo asked as she place a cup of coffee in front of Krystal. Jihyo knows Krystal as much as she knows Jessica. Those two resembles each other anyway so it's not hard for her.

Krystal took a sip of her coffee and looked at Jihyo intently. There's a lot of things going on in Krystal's mind and Jihyo knows that all she have to do is wait until Krystal sort it out. 

"How are you and Jeongyeon?" Krystal asked. "What do you mean me and Jeongyeon?" Jihyo raised and eyebrow.

"It takes one to know one. And we, We are both stuck up in friendzone" Krystal said as she chuckled at Jihyo's expression.

"You know, there's no point of denying it to me" Krystal said with a teasing smile on her face. Jihyo sighed in defeat. 

"Fine. I'm not sure about this but, I think I like her. I mean, whenever she's with Nayeon Unnie I feel like I'm losing her. But at the same time it made me feel at ease knowing that she's happy and she's with a nice person" Jihyo said confessed.

"The thing is, we are just a friend to them. And that's the saddest thing, we will always just be their friend. I love Mina, and no matter how I keep on showing it or saying it, it won't matter because she won't see me, she won't hear me because I'm just a friend" Krystal said letting out all of her bottled up feelings. Jihyo could only look at her in sympathy.

"Isn't it better if you just stayed as a friend? I mean, it simply means that you could stay with her forever. Relationship ends real friendship doesn't" Jihyo said as she held Krystal's hand to comfort the girl.

"You can stay with her but she won't be yours and will never be yours. Can you cope up with that?" 

"I can. Because I love her. She's been my friend eversince we were a kid and I will still be her friend when we get old. I don't really know much about love but, the love that I know isn't selfish. I want her to be happy and if Nayeon unnie makes her happy then let them be" Jihyo said with all sincerity in her voice.

They might be on the same situation but their approach on the situation is very different. Krystal was willing to fight for Mina, if she saw an opportunity she would definitely grab it without second thoughts.

Jihyo on the other hand, have already accepted that Jeongyeon wasn't meant for her. As long as Jeongyeon is happy Jihyo would support her.

"Unnie, I know y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter