You're the One

You're the One

Straight from my Live Journal~
ENJOY~

Hoya:

As I walked down the sidewalks of Seoul, the loud sounds filled my ears, I smelt the ddukbokki mixing in with the polluted air, and saw the chaos of people trying to get to their destinations. 

I was on my way to go meet my best friend at our usual cafe hangout. As much as I saw him at school, we always hung out afterwards, because we were each other's company. Both our parents were gone away on business trips. 

As I approached the half-filled cafe, I opened the door and walked in. I turned my head to the left and saw the blond, sitting at our usual table close to the back, by the window. I smiled and went over. As I got closer, I noticed that Dongwoo was concentrated on a napkin, writing words on it vigorously.

I pulled out the chair and sat down. I chuckled and looked at the top of his head. "You're gonna rip through that napkin if you press down even harder," I speak.

Dongwoo looks up from his napkin. "Ah. Hey, Howon~"

I smile. "What are you writing to begin with?" I ask.

He shook his head. "Oh, nothing. Just stuff," he replies freely.

I take a peek to see what he had written down; but he catches me and quickly folds it and slips it into his pocket.

"So how was school for you today?" Dongwoo asks, changing the subject.

"Fine... I have a huge test in Calculus tomorrow... But I am too lazy to study tonight," I say. "Then Anatomy was boring... Learned about body parts, as usual," I shrug. "But my other classes were the same as always," I finish.

Dongwoo and I, it never failed, we never had any classes together during the school year. The only time we ever saw each other in school was in the hallways and lunch. "How was school for you?" I ask him.

"Same same," he responds.

A short silence looms over us. I clear my throat and glance at his face which was blankly staring at something outside the window. "Wanna go to the dance studio tonight?" I ask him.

He nods. "Let's go. I'm a bit rusty," he chuckles.

I nod and get up. He follows suit and we walk out of the cafe. We trail towards the bus stop, since the studio was way too far if we walked. We sat down on the vacant bench. Dongwoo pulled out his iPod, giving me one headphone. I stuck the bud into my ear and rap music filled my ear.

I turned my head to look at him and he did the same and gave me one of his toothy grins. That grin made my heart stop. Every time I saw it, I always felt different. 

But it wasn't the first time I ever felt something different for Dongwoo. It started in the beginning of high school, when I noticed my body reacting differently to Dongwoo. Every time I saw him in a distance, I felt my hands go sweaty, then when I saw him smile even the slightest I felt my stomach do turns. But those huge, toothy grins, my heart would stop. Being in his presence made me feel complete. I felt empty without Dongwoo. 

The bus finally arrived and we got off the seat and walked onto the bus. We scanned our bus cards and took a seat next to each other. The music continued to play in my ear.

"Howon-ah," Dongwoo whispered beside me.

I looked at him. "Yeah?"

"What do I do when I like someone?" he asks.

I blink at him. "Eh?"

"I like someone, but I'm not too sure how I tell that person," he says.

I shrug. "I'm not too sure..."

We go silent again. My head begins pounding. The thought of Dongwoo liking someone else? It killed me when he asked that. To know that Dongwoo can't be mine. He would probably ditch me for that girl and I will be lonely forever. I shook my head, thinking that Dongwoo would never push away our friendship. What we had was special and no one could come between us.

Dongwoo:

I felt so stupid asking Howon that... I knew that he would never understand the feelings I had for him. He only saw me as a really close friend. I sighed and stared out the window, waiting to get to the dance studio.

I glanced in Howon's direction. His sharp jawline was tense. His eyebrows were furrowed. I knew he was probably pondering on the question I had just asked him. 

We finally got to our bus stop and we got off. We walked towards the doors of the dance studio and I opened the door. Howon followed behind and stayed quiet. I bet he's still thinking about my question.

I walked into an empty dance room and went towards the iPod dock. I plugged my iPod and I put on a random song. My feet began to move and so did Howon's. I watched as his arms and legs moved in sync. What he could with his body always awed me. His body popped, once, twice, a third time. I stopped dancing just to watch him.

When I first met Howon, it was when we were in the middle school dance team. He and I were the best of the group. We were the two main dancers and we always got paired up to do the main dance break. Me and Howon always moved in sync. I was able to imitate his dance moves once I watched it the first time.

"Yah!" Howon's voice echoed in the room and removed me from my reverie. I blinked and he was right in front of me waving his hand in my face. "Earth to Dongwoo, are you even alive?" he asks.

I back away and look at him. "I'm fine," I mumble.

"You've been acting weird since we were at the cafe, are you okay?" he raised a hand and laid it on my forehead. "You're not hot... So what's bothering you?" he asks, while furrowing his eyebrows in worry.

I shake my head, "Nothing, I promise."

Howon then grasped my arm and looked me straight in the eye. "Hyung, don't lie to me," he says in a serious tone, "You're a bad liar."

I sigh and reach in my pocket with my free hand. I take out the napkin that was hidden there since the cafe. "Read this," I say. I get out of his grasp and walk to the other side of the dance studio and sit down.

I put up a knee and look up. Howon is standing there reading the napkin. I hide in my embarrassment, scared that he might not feel the same way towards me after he got done reading. I stare at the glossy wooden floor and see Howon's reflection get closer.

"How long have you kept these feelings locked up?" he asks quietly.

"Since middle school... When I first met you," I answer truthfully as I look up at him. "You've always been the one," I smile meekly.

Howon looks at me with a soft gaze. "Well, on the contrary, you've always been the one in my heart, too."

He extends out a hand and I grab it. He pulls me up and then jerks me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his waist tightly. He pulls away and observes me face. I look at his eyes, his nose, then my eyes land on his lips. Those unique shaped lips, pink, and calling my name. Without thinking, I move closer to him. Our noses touch, our lips only an inch away.

Howon then closes the gap and our lips meet. Feeling the heat of his lips melt with mine, makes me feel more complete than I have ever felt with Howon. It was great to know that he was mine, and only mine that no one else can have.