The Name and a Note

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: This is a real update! The last chapter was just for fun-sies and wasn't actually part of the story. I also kinda wanted to write what it'd be like if the whole club each other. Anyways, here is the update!


 

“Sunny-noona. Let me check on your wound.” Key sternly said as he made the older woman sit down in a chair.

“Key~!” She yelled out as she just received a glare in return.

“Stay put or I’ll take your precious babies away!” He yelled out as he started unwrapping her bandage. He smirked as he saw her sit down in defeat and pout at the threat.

 

)()(Flashback)()(

 

A young girl with long dark brown hair and bangs started dancing to the beat of the music playing softly in the shop she worked at. She hummed along as she took out a polish cloth and started cleaning off the smudges on an antique sword that was put in display in the store.

“Soon-kyu, stop dancing if you don’t want to be knicked by that sword.” An older man walked out of the back room and to the dancing girl behind the counter.

“But uncle~! Stop playing good music then!” Soon-kyu pouted as she stood still to finish cleaning the sword.

“But it’s good music.” Her uncle replied as he walked around the store to see what else needed to be cleaned. He turned around when the bell to the shop rang. “Annyeonghasaeyo. Let us know if you need any help.” He bowed and smiled at the person who walked into the store.

“Annyeonghasaeyo.” The person bowed in turn.

“Soon-kyu.” The middle-aged man turned his attention to his niece.

“Neh, som-chon?” She looked up from cleaning a ninja star that was next to her. She stared at the other person who walked into the store who smiled and bowed slightly at her. She bowed back then turned to her uncle.

“Go in the back and practice your throwing. You might need those skills later on.” Her uncle suggested as he turned back to face the waiting person. “I actually know this young man. I would like to have a few words with him, okay?”

Soon-kyu just looked at her uncle then shrugged, taking her pack of ninja stars with her into the back to practice. Once she left, her uncle turned to the man waiting patiently. He was wearing a white striped button-up shirt and black slacks. “You’ve already succeeded?” He asked the man.

The younger man nodded, “Neh. We already got a few agents working for us. Do you think she’s ready to join?”

The uncle looked towards the area of the back room where he heard metal clanging and sticking into a wooden board. “She might be. Her accuracy and speed are getting better. May I ask what fields you are going to put her in, Siwon?”

Siwon looked to the man as he thought it over. “My boss said she will be put into the field as a field agent and be someone in charge of weapons since she has an affinity for some already.” He heard the elder man chuckle next to him.

“She’s a determined woman and has an affinity for weapons, especially her ninja stars. She will surely get the job done on whatever mission you put her on.”

Siwon just nodded in response. “Do you want me to bring her back with me? You might be in trouble because of your relation to her though if she visits you after this ordeal.”

The elder man smiled at him, “I know. I can take care of myself. Don’t worry about me.” He nodded at him as he turned his attention to the back room. “Soon-kyu?!”

“Neh?!” They heard her voice yell back.

“Come out here for a minute! I have something to discuss with you real quick!”

“Neh, som-chon?” Soon-kyu came out twirling some ninja stars in her fingers. She watched as her uncle and the other man smiled at her.

“I would like for you to go with this man.” Her uncle gestured to the man standing next to him.

“Bwoh? Wae?” Soon-kyu questioned as she stared curiously at her uncle and the other man.

“His name is… Siwon. I have been helping him, his friends, and a relative of my closest friend to start a club.” He started.

Soon-kyu just stared at her uncle weirdly, “Okay?”

Her uncle gave her a big smile, “I would like you to join them.” Soon-kyu’s eyes widened at the choice of words.

“Bwoh?” She saw Siwon turn his gaze to her uncle.

“I would like you… to use your ninja skills… and to join their club. You could be one of the bartenders there!”

“What in the world, uncle?” She just stared at her uncle like he had grown two heads. “Why would I use my ‘ninja skills’ in a club and be a bartender? When would I use my skills?” She turned to look at Siwon. “I mean… I would actually love to be a bartender. I could also dance to the music!” Siwon just looked at her then chuckled at her attitude. “But what are you talking about?” She turned back to her uncle.

“Oh! I forgot to mention!” Soon-kyu just raised an eyebrow. “They are also secret agents!” Her uncle finished with a big smile.

“What the…” She turned to look at Siwon who nodded in confirmation. “Really? You’re not joking?”

“Nope. And quite frankly, we believe you will become a good field agent since you like practicing with various weapons. You can also supply us with various weapons. Your uncle is pretty generous.” Siwon informed. The elder man next to him nodded.

“Of course! Who wouldn’t help out his friend’s child and group of friends to help others in need?”

Soon-kyu just stared at her uncle. “You’re so odd, uncle.” She turned her gaze to Siwon. “So is this real?” She saw the other man nod. “I guess I have no choice but to go with you. I don’t mind… but will you be okay here, uncle?” She turned to look at her relative.

“Of course I’ll be fine! I’ve been working out some so I can protect myself! I’m not that old yet anyways.” He protested while his niece gave him a pointed look.

“You’re 60, uncle.” She bluntly said.

“Ah~…” He sighed in realization and defeat. “You don’t have to say the number… I’ll just go to you if I need help. Okay? Siwon and the others will probably keep me informed of what is going on anyways.”

Siwon nodded, “We will, sir.” He turned to Soon-kyu. “Come on. Let’s get your stuff and tell you of what’s going to happen.”

Soon-kyu sighed, “Okay.” She grabbed the rest of her ninja stars scattered throughout the small store. “By the way… You can call me Sunny. If I’m an agent, I’d like to use a nickname.”

Siwon and her uncle laughed. “Okay. That’s fine with me. I’ll let the others know as well. There’s no need to inform you about this though. You’re already in the family even before you joined.”

“Huh? What’s the name behind the club? Like… who’s the owner?” She questioned as they started walking towards the door. Siwon turned to look back at the older man as they smiled at each other. Sunny noticed this and looked between them with curiosity. Her eyes widened when she heard the name.

“The name…” The younger man started out. “Is SM.”

 

)()(End Flashback)()(

 

“There you go, noona.” Key said as he finished checking everything over. “I’m not bandaging it this time.” Sunny stood up from dazing off a bit. “Now go eat some breakfast with everyone else. I’m going to check on Taecyeon this time.” Sunny nodded as she started walking towards the bar where all the food was displayed.

“Oh…” Sunny remembered as she made it to the bar. Key looked up from his place standing next to a now empty booth. “Yoochun-oppa got hurt too.”

“What?!” The other exclaimed.

“I’m fine, Key! It wasn’t deep at all… Well… It kinda was… But I know how to treat myself!” Yoochun explained from across the second floor. The medic just sighed, knowing the other wouldn’t let him treat his wounds, as he went to check on the other information specialist.

All of the members who stayed overnight were eating their breakfast on the second floor. Thanks to Ryeowook and somewhat Kyuhyun, Key didn’t really have to cook much this morning while he checked up on those who were injured. Victoria was still lying in her bed, but she was awake and eating with the help of Nichkhun. The medic second-in-command allowed Taecyeon to move around only if he was careful about his wound. It was amazing how the knife missed his kidney or anything close to it. Sungmin and Minho had set out orange juice, milk, and water for all of the agents on the bar as well.

Back in their apartment, Seohyun finished placing out several containers of rice, meat, some seafoods, and even American foods like eggs and toast. She sighed once she was done and saw Hangeng, Luna, and Sooyoung coming from the elevator and stairs yawning or trying to mess with their bed hair. She smiled at them as they made their way into the kitchen, grabbed a plate, and started placing food on it. “Morning, guys.” She happily said as she started to walk to the elevator and try to wake up the rest of the occupants of their apartment.

“No, wait Seohyun…” Hangeng mumbled as he put his plate down next to the sink. “Watch this for me, will you Luna?”

“Mm, no problem oppa!” The girl brightly said.

“Thanks… I’ll go wake up the rest of the guys on my floor and work my way down… You can just work your way up.” Hangeng replied as he stretched once more and fully woke up.

“Thank you, oppa!” Seohyun brightly smiled as she decided to take the stairs while Hangeng decided to take the elevator back up to the fifth floor to wake up the rest of his close friends. Seohyun walked up the stairs and decided who was still at their home. Krystal, Sulli, and Tiffany are out on their mission. Victoria still hasn’t been completely healed yet to be able to walk around… Luna and Sooyoung are downstairs already… Amber, Sunny, and Taeyeon stayed at the club overnight… She walked into the first room she knew somebody was still sleeping in. “Yoona-unni… Wake up~.” She tried gently calling out.

“Mm?” Her friend replied back sleepily, pulling the blankets a little higher on her body. “Go away~…”

“Unni… It’s time to go eat breakfast.” Seohyun gently shook the other girl’s shoulder. “You don’t want your special guy waiting downstairs by himself now, do you?” She softly laughed as she saw the girl’s face visibly go pink.

“He’s not my special guy…” She mumbled under the sheets. “Stop teasing me…”

“Not yet anyways. Come on, unni. Go and eat soon.” The younger of the two chuckled as she walked out of the room while her unni still mumbled unknown words under her sheets.

Next, she softly knocked on the next door a little down and across the hall from Yoona’s room. “Oh, hey Hyoyeon!” She saw the other girl walk out of her room.

“You woke up before m

Please log in to read the full chapter