This Heavy Feeling

Cute Bunny - One-shot Request Shop [Busy~]

Requester
Deedee101


Characters
(SHINee) Lee Taemin x Kim Hansa (OC)


Genres
Romance and Slight-Angst


Plot
It is sequel to Dinner and Temptations, it's not rated. Her and Taemin's anniversary is getting close, but the more is closer the more she is slowly pulling away and its only because she got busy. Taemin approaches her one night when they have movie night and little by little she opens up and it ends with happy ending xD



 



"And that's why greens should be washed thoroughly before eating or cooking with them."


The last student finished his research paper before the class was finished for the day.  The bell rang and the students were more than excited to leave the classroom.  The teacher slammed her hand on her desk as she watched them squabble and head toward the door.

"Aren't you all forgetting something?"  She asked, folding her arms.

"Teacher Kim, tomorrow's homework is just hearing the other three students' presentations.  What else do we need?"  A punk student asked, flipping his hair out of his eyes.


Hansa rolled her eyes.  "Everyone, sit back down."  She directed as she took out her assignment pad.  She heard them all groan.  She felt a bit proud due to the fact that this is the only way she can put the students 'in their place.'  "I want the students who have already told their presentations to read pages 375 to 383.  There may or may not be a reading quiz."


Hearing most of the students groan again, Hansa smirked and put her things away.  She wasn't planning on giving the students any extra homework today, but seeing the students rush so much to get out of the classroom, she felt like they needed a good dose of it. 


She made her way to the staff room and put her things down on her table.  She looked at the next class's homework, tapping her cheek with her red pen regularly.

Her attention was brought back to the room when the door slides open.  She looks to the door and sees Taemin.  She returns her eyes to the work, knowing fully well that if she stops working right now, she will probably not work for the rest of the day.  Even when she heard him sit next to her, she kept her eyes glued on the homework answers.


"Hansa,"  his chin was on her shoulder and his arms went around the chair to be around her waist, "talk to me?"

"I'm really busy right now, Taemin."  She said with furrowed eyebrows.  "Shouldn't you be getting ready for your next class too?"

Taemin sighed.  "Not much to get ready for.. the kids will get the math problems right if they're going to get them right."  he laughed.


She clicked her tongue and rolled her chair around.  "Well find something esle to do then.  I have reports I need to grade."  She said while looking into his eyes.

Taemin's smile faltered and he pushed his chair further away from the girl.  He nodded and picked up his folder.  He remained silent as he looked at today's lesson, already having what he's going to say to the students memorized.  Teaching the same lessons year after year has made him not need to do practice lessons at home - no matter if he's teaching consumer math or algebra.  The lessons were easy enough for him.

Hansa turned back to her work as she stared at the hand-written words on the lined paper.  She couldn't focus as she felt guilty for talking to Taemin that way.

"Hey," she started, "how about we have dinner Friday?"

"You remembered?"

Hansa looked up from her paper to see his smiling lips.  "R-remembered?"

"Oh.."  Taemin scratched his head, "nevermind then.  Sure, your place or mine?"

Hansa felt like she forgot the most important thing; however, she didn't question what it was.  "Your place.  I want to relax Saturday and pick back up grading on Sunday."  She told.

Taemin nodded.  "Alright then.  I'll make sure that the apartment is clean."  He mentioned.

"Cool."  She smiled and rolled her chair to him. 


She cupped his cheek and kissed his lips.  They both smiled before the door opened.  Being that their tables were farther away from the door, they disconnected and looked like they were just looking over each other's papers.

"Hey,"  the other male in the room started, "how does it feel?"  he asked.

"What do you mean, Minho?"  Hansa asked.


Minho laughed.  "Isn't Friday your third-year anniversary?"


Hansa instantly bit her lip and furrowed her eyebrows.  This worried expression didn't go unnoticed by Taemin.  He let out a silent sigh before giving a smile to Minho.  "Yeah..  You're doing great not telling anyone."  Taemin put up his thumb.


Minho is Taemin's high school friend.  Naturally, they tell each other just about everything. 

"Alright, class starts in five minutes."  Minho informed before picking up his next class's notebook.  "See you guys later."


Hansa rolled her chair back over to her desk and looked down at the pile of essays.  She inwardly sighed.  How could I forget?!  It's been three years, I love him, and I forgot!  I'm definitely going to have to make it up to him. 

"How about a movie with dinner?"  Taemin suggested a few minutes later.  "I have a movie that I have been waiting to watch."

"Sure."  Hansa agreed with a small smile.


The remaining minutes remained silent. 


***

Friday rolled around and school was finished for the week.  Taemin packed up his things and looked around the staff rook.  Hansa was nowhere in sight.  He sighed and left the room.  It feels like we're growing apart each day.. She didn't even tell me good morning today.  He thought as he made his way through the empty halls.

He watched the rows of lockers as he felt his chest becomming heavy.  He stopped and looked around.  "What?"  He held his chest.  "This feeling.."  He wasn't for sure what to think.  "Am I having a heart attack?"


He shook his head and turned his heels.  He looked at his watch as he walked to the infirmary.  There are a few more minutes until it closes, so he makes his way quickly. 

"Mr. Kim,"  Taemin walked into the room, "I'm not feeling myself.

The nurse looked over at Taemin with raised eyebrows as he was taking his coat off.  He sighed and put his arms through the sleeves once more and sat down next to Taemin.  "What seems to be the problem?"

"My chest feels.. heavy?" 

"Let me listen." 


Kibum shrugged it off as he didn't hear anything abnormal.  "Maybe it's linked to an emotion.  Have you been stressed out lately?"  Kibum asked while folding his arms.

"Yeah, a bit.."  Taemin put his head down. 

Kibum nodded.  "Be careful with that.  I suggest either facing your stress or try to forget about it.  Try to get some sleep and don't drink too much coffee."  He instructed.


Taemin left the room and headed to the front door again.  That's when he saw Hansa. 

"Where were you?"  She asked with raised eyebrows.  "You weren't in the staff room."

Taemin inwardly huffed.  "Neither were you."

Hansa put some of her hair behind her ear.  "A student had some trouble understanding a concept..  You don't look to good.  Do you want to reschedule?"

Taemin smiled and shook his head.  "No, I'm fine."  He lied.  "Let's go."


Hansa nodded and followed the man to his car.  She inwardly waved to her car for the nth time as they make their way out of the parking lot.  The drive was quiet to his apartment.  Not even the radio played. 


"Sit here and I'll have dinner and the movie ready in about ten minutes."  Taemin said with a small smile.

Hansa nodded and crossed her legs.  "Alrighty then!  I can't wait~" 


The time passes by, and they're on the couch watching the latest action movie that just came out.  The atmosphere was complemented by the food that Taemin had prepared.  The chicken was nice and fried with a side of baked, spicy fries.  The menu definitely wasn't healthy, but it did go well with the movie.


Once the movie was over, there was a suffocating silence.  They stared at each other through the dark screen for about ten minutes.  Hansa stood up and started cleaning off the coffee table.

"Sit,"  Taemin spoke suddenly.

Hansa's hand started shaking due to the sudden command.  She put the plates back onto the coffee table and sat down next to Taemin.

His blank expression turned into a small smile.  "Happy anniversary, Hansa." 

"You too, three years have gone by- It didn't even feel that long."  She gave a smile back.

He sighed and looked down to the floor.  "Hansa, I noticed you spaced out during the movie a few times."


It was true.  Her mind went off somewhere else occassionally.  "I'm sorry, I've been thinking a lot about the finals that are coming up.."  She replied.

"Oh..  So that's why you've been ignoring me lately.."  Taemin put his hands in his lap.

"Taemin,"  she turned toward him with furrowed eyebrows, "that's true.."

"Should we just break up then?"  He asked.

"What do you-"

"If you're not interested in me anymore, then please just tell me now."  He locked eyes with her.


She sighed and stood up.  "Lee. Taemin."  She called while putting her hands on her hips. 

A few seconds pass while they look into each other's eyes.  She collapsed back onto the couch.  "School has just been so tough for me lately.. I thought teaching would be easier than learning."  She admitted.  "Students are being more rebellious than when I was a teenager.  I don't even think any of them were ready for their first exam!"


Taemin sighed and took her hand.  "Do you still love me?"  He asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Of course I do, Taemin."  She gave a smile.  "I'm really sorry that I've been too focused on school."  She spoke softly while moving to his lap.

She leaned down and put their lips together.  "I really hate myself for not giving you more attention- my chest has felt heavy since I started ignoring you."  She mumbled.

"Yours too?"

Taemin put his hand through her hair and brought them into a hug.  "Should we quit teaching?"  He asked.

"And then what?  We'll stress over trying to pay bills."  She laughed a bit.  "We just need to support each other."  She admitted.

Taemin nodded and slowly her back.  "Let's make this year better, hm?"  He suggested.


She pulled away from the hug and wiped her tears.  She nodded and brought their lips together again.  The kiss was slow yet passionate.  The heavy load finally lifted off of their chests.

"Thank you for being patient with me, Taemin."  She said with a smile.  "I was a fool to think I could ignore you."

He laughed.  "Why were you even trying to ignore me anyway?" 

"Because I know that if I were to stop and pay attention to you, I wouldn't do any more work."  She laughed and played with his black locks between his fingers.  "You have this tempting thing about you."


He chuckled and nodded.  "I know~"  He confidently agreed.  "Let's clean up and then get to bed, hm?  We have a long day of relaxing tomorrow."

"Right."  She agreed.




 


You only said slight-angst, otherwise this might have gone a bit differently ;)
I hope you enjoyed the story, and I'm really sorry for the wait!
Thank you so much for requesting~

<3