04 - I Got You

Don't Play Me!

Chapter 04 – I Got You


Mina

 

The tension was so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

 

I somehow dragged my weight on to the step and took a seat because I honestly didn’t think I could hold my weight for any longer. My legs felt like jelly, my heart was pounding away as always and it was getting harder to breath. If I didn’t know any better I would say I was having a heart attack but I wasn’t because I was having a panic attack instead.

 

I bent my head between my legs, trying to get a hold of myself.

 

“Hey!” Jungkook called out softly and I felt a weight over my shoulder’s as he used something to cover me up. The next thing I know he was pulling me to his chest.

 

“I got you.” He murmured, his breath ruffling my hair as he pulled me closer so I had an ear to his heart. Suddenly I wasn’t twenty-one anymore and there wasn’t seven long years worth of time separating us. In this moment nothing has changed. He even smelled the same, I still remember. Sure there was the smell of whatever perfume he wore but underneath all that he still smelled like Kookie. As I listened to his heartbeat thumping steadily and aligned my breathing to it, the sense of nostalgia was gutting. We have been here before; he knew exactly what to do to calm me down. We used to be each other’s rocks but that was seven years ago. So much has changed since, we aren’t the same people we used to be then and seven years is a very long time.

 

I missed you! I wanted to say that out loud so bad that my lips trembled. Instead I gave his arm a squeeze, asking him to ease up on the grip he had on me. He took the hint and I moved back. I looked up into a frown on his face.

 

“You okay?” He asked looking at me questioningly.

 

“Yeah.” I croaked, pulling the jacket he had laid over my shoulders together at the front.

 

He looked down to the white knuckled grip I had on the jacket and then sighed.

 

“You are in trouble, aren’t you?” He bent down his head to catch my downcast eyes. There was no escaping him it seems. I didn’t know how to answer that question. Was I in trouble? Technically this was my life now.

 

I know what he meant when he asked that question though. We both knew that I had a bit a wild streak in my personality. I was always the more outgoing one and he was the shy, hesitant one. But I always had a suspicion that he was forced to be that way because of his circumstances and I was right. He certainly seemed to have grown into his true personality while me on the other hand had to grow out of it.

 

“You have a lot of explaining to do.” He called out, standing up.

 

“I know.” I murmured, giving a self-deprecating grin. He expected this to be me just running wild a little bit but boy was he in for a surprise.

 

He held out his hand and I hesitated only for a millisecond before I gave in and took it.

 

I never imagined what it would be like if I ever met him again because it always felt like an unrealistic dream. He was so far out of my reach. If I did I guess I would have expected it to be awkward and strained or to be ignored even, more worse that he would have forgotten about me. Maybe that was the reason why I never wanted to meet him again. I loved how we used to be and I didn’t want to be disillusion by the now. But the way he held my hand right now? The way he hugged me before? The way he didn’t hesitate for a second before he touched me felt like nothing has changed, at least in his mind. It was as if the time we lost touch with each other didn’t exist, as if we were picking up things where it was left off the last time we saw each other.

 

I remember the last time I saw him as clear as if it was happening right before my eyes. How could I ever forget it? It was my first kiss and I suspected it was his as well.

 

“I know you will have so many fans when you make it big” I had told him with confidence. “But don’t forget that I was your very first fan.”

 

The “I love you” he murmured against my shoulder, with tears in his eyes would forever be etched in my mind as one of the best ever memories but even then I knew he meant it as friends. But my “I love you more” held so much more meaning than his.

 


A/N: I know this is a short chapter but the next one will most likely be written in Jungkook’s POV so I didn’t want to mix them up.

Please Comment, Subscribe and Upvote if you enjoyed :)