CHAPTER 7

Dive
  • You do ? asked Eunha with a very shocked face. 

 

  • I do not know yet. said SinB. 

 

  • Oh … Eunha seemed still shocked. But if you don’t know that means someone already caught your eyes ? 

 

  • Yeah it is true. You …

 

Suddenly Eunha’s eyes were sparkling as if she was living again. 

 

  • Me ? she said with a innocent tone who seemed fake.

 

  • I mean and you, do you like someone ?

 

The light in Eunha’s eyes went immediately off. 

 

  • Oh me ? Yeah but I am not sure if this person loves me. Her tone was somehow very honest. 

 

  • Why don’t you ask the person ?

 

  • I am sure she doesn’t love me but I will make her mine. 

 

  • Wow I admire your motivation, Eunha. You are right go get your girl. 

 

Eunha had a sad smile but she still nodded. 

 

  • I need to make a call. Wait for me, ok ? said the small girl out all the blue. 

 

  • Ok my friend. said SinB happily.

 

SinB was now alone. She thought about what happened just recently and the fact that Eunha seemed kind of sad when she heard that maybe SinB loved someone. Was it because it sounded definitely like someone else than her ? It was weird because SinB never meant it like that but maybe Eunha thought she had been friend zoned ? In any case, SinB didn’t have the answer as she was herself stuck on the edge of each pool of love. All she had to do was take the dive but she didn’t know in which one and more important she had first to learn how to swim to make sure she will not drown once in it. 

 

  • Oh …  we haven’t started yet and you are already willing to take the dive in the big ocean. 


SinB turned her head towards the owner of the voice. It was Yuju. It was the first time, SinB saw her with casual clothes and she didn’t know why she found her even more beautiful. 

 

  • What did you say ? 

 

  • I said what don’t you stick to the pool as you don’t know how to swim yet. Oh … but you are already wet ? Did you manage to swim ? If that’s the case, tell me which dark magic did you use ?

 

SinB laughed at the question. 

 

  • No, I was only walking. I didn’t take a dive.

 

  • Oh … So no more will to be a fish ? I am a little sad that you abandon your dream. But I think it’s a wise decision. 


Suddenly SinB laughed and she swore she had never laughed this loud. 

 

  • What part in what I said was so funny ? Yuju asked while widening her eyes. Her smile show that she was only joking. 

 

SinB was still laughing so much that she almost choked. At that moment, Yuju became worried so she went to help SinB. 

 

  • Calm down and take a deep breath.  she said while taking SinB’s hand.


SinB was so shocked at the sudden action that she coughed even more. But her mind wanted so bad to obey that she eventually did as told. 

 

  • You’re okay ? asked Yuju, still worried.

 

  • Yeah I am thank you. 

 

  • For what ? I almost killed you because I made you laugh and now you thank me ? 

 

  • What a terrible death that would have been if we compare it to the one in the pool. 

 

  • No, believe me both are terrible. said Yuju and suddenly her eyes were tainted by sadness. 

 

SinB thought it was not the first time. 

 

  • I know it may be personal, but ...

 

  • I know what you will ask, please don’t.

 

SinB was surprised but she nodded. 

 

  • I have to go. Please, don’t try to be a fish anymore especially in an ocean. In your case it would be   like passing from the peaceful aquarium to the big sea with all the sharks. I did promise you, you will do it one day but you will have to spend some more time with me. 

 

Her last sentence made SinB melt. Deep down, SinB was craving for some more time with her. 

Yuju left and SinB was alone. It was only now that she remembered Eunha but the latter was nowhere to be found. SinB checked her phone and there was a message. It was Eunha, she was excusing herself because she had to leave and that she wished SinB a good night. SinB found the message very different from the usual ones. There were no emoticon and even grammar faults. It was like she was angry or not in a good mood. So at the end of her reply, SinB asked if Eunha was okay. SinB went back in her room and still no answer from Eunha. She showered and then went to bed. She checked her phone a last time and Eunha finally had answered. She said that she was fine. As in this message there were emoticons, SinB stopped worrying and fell asleep. 

 

When she woke up, SinB felt weird because of her dream. She dreamed she slept with Umji but it felt more like a nightmare. As if Umji forced her to do it. SinB checked herself in the mirror: and she felt dirty. It wasn’t because she was sweating but because she could dream of something like this. Little did she know that it wasn’t merely a nightmare but a reminiscence of the past. 


She went to work and Eunha was there waiting for her. She didn’t seem to have slept much either. 

 

  • Good morning, SinB. Oh you look tired. 

 

  • And so do you. 

 

  • Yeah I couldn’t sleep. I don’t know why. What about you ? 

 

  • Oh I slept but it wasn’t restful. 

 

  • It does happen.


SinB nodded while cleaning the bar. 

 

  • SinB I would like to know if you know other people in this hotel.

 

  • Yeah why ? 

 

  • I am just curious. I just wanted to know if you have another friend here besides me ?

 

  • I only know Yuju who is a …

 

  • Yuju Choi ?  Eunha seemed surprised. 

 

  • I don’t know her surname but she is a lifeguard. 

 

  • I know her. 

 

  • Oh really? How come ? 

 

  • She was in my class in middle school. But I never really talked to her. All I know is that she has a boyfriend. 

 

SinB’s smile faded away suddenly. So Yuju had already a boyfriend. SinB felt again hurt even if she had no reason to be like this. After all, she didn’t really know Yuju. She shouldn’t have fell in love with a stranger. She could only blame herself now. SinB wanted to slap herself: why had she always to fall in love so fast ?

Eunha put her hands on SinB’s shoulders. 

 

  •  You’re okay, SinB ? she asked with a worried smile. 

 

SinB nodded and when she lifted her head. She saw Eunha’s worried eyes and she didn’t know why she began to cry.

 

  • SinB, why are you crying ? 

 

SinB shook her head. 

 

  • I am just thankful that you are still there. 

 

She really meant it. Eunha was with her since the start. She reassured her when she was feeling down. She made her feel special and Eunha was also special for her.

 

  • Of couse I am, why would I leave you ? 

 

Eunha was smiling at her. Her smile was so genuine. Suddenly SinB hugged her and when she did not only Eunha’s smile widened but satisfaction and victory were written on it. 


SinB spent most of the following days with Eunha. The latter was spoiling her as if SinB was her queen. SinB decided to start the swimming lesson with Yuju even though she was still hurt. However unconsciously she distanced herself: the little talks they had now were only about the lessons. SinB didn’t why but it hurt her even more. Hopefully, Eunha was there to lift her mood. They get to parties and to the beach. They worked out together. If she had to sum up her life now with words, only one would be needed: Eunha.

 

One night, Eunha brought SinB to the beach to see the stars. They were laying there in the sand. Both were quiet which was unusual. 

 

  • You know there are lots of Eunha in the sky. 


SinB was confused. 

 

  • What ? 

 

  • Eunha means galaxy. 

 

  • Oh, what a beautiful meaning. How do you know there are lots of them. We can’t see them. 

 

  • The stars are the suns of their own galaxies. And you know what ? 

 

  • What ?

 

  • What you just pointed out is exactly the reason why you are up there too. 

 

  • What do you mean ? 

 

  • When it comes to space, we are never sure of what we are seeing that’s why you are up there. Isn’t your name’s meaning mystery ? 

 

  • Oh yeah,  you’re right … ah I get it. It is very nice what you said.

SinB didn’t know Eunha could be this poetic but after all she didn’t know much about her. By the way, it was kind of weird how she was her friend but she knew almost nothing about her. 

 

  • You know what is nicer ? 

 

Eunha asked and as she did they both turned their faces at the same time toward each other. SinB felt shy all of sudden. She felt Eunha’s fingertips against hers. She grabbed them. 

 

  • What ? said SinB while broking the stare as she was too embarrassed by her sudden move. 

 

But Eunha held SinB’s chin in order to make her look into her eyes again. 

 

  • Your face. she answered while caressing with her hand SinB’s face softly. The other one was still held by SinB’s hand. 

 

SinB dumbfounded looked into Eunha’s eyes and she got lost in the deep and dark ocean of her iris. The next thing she knew was that her free hand went on top of Eunha’s one which was caressing her face. There were fear in Eunha’s eyes but then they closed themselves. Suddenly they reopened when SinB’s hand caressed Eunha’s eyes. They were full of love. Then both SinB and Eunha’s eyes aimed for the same target: the lips. And as they did, they feel their targets approaching until they collapsed against each other. It was so soft then it became needy. It was like they were so desperate for each other. Soon, SinB was like breathless but she felt like living again. She felt all the frustration quit her but it all went back when suddenly Eunha broke the kiss. SinB tried to put her lips again on hers in vain. 

 

  • Please Eunha let me kiss you. 

 

  • I will but first I need you to answer my question. 

 

  • What is it ? asked SinB still impatient.

 

  • You said you want everything to be clear. I want it too. So tell me what are we now? 

 

  • What do you mean ? There were fear suddenly but in SinB’s eyes. 

 

  • Do you want me to be your girlfriend ? 

 

There was it. The most difficult question. It didn’t look difficult to answer but any answer will have a huge consequence. So much that it could last a lifetime. 

Will SinB take the dive ? And once done, will she be able to swim in this huge ocean of mystery so huge that even the galaxies in the sky are little pieces of unknown beside it ? 

---------------

End of the seventh chapter. 

First of all, I am truthfully very sorry. I am sorry I didn't write a Sinrin story whereas this ship won in the poll. But again I wanted to make everyone happy. I know for the moment the other characters are only mentionned. But I can assure you that if you wait a couple of chapters, they will make an appeareance. All the characters have a huge importance in this story.  I don't want to rush the story (and their reappeareance) because it will not look nice if I do. I now know how this story will end. I made a plan. I hope you will like it. 

Secondly to clear the misunderstanding (if it exists or not) I do like every ship and all the members. But in the story, they have their own personality and role and some choices will be made according to the storyline ONLY (everything has to be logical) so don't blame me. 

Finally, happy birthday to the Yesisters <3 Yerin and Umji :) 

Thanks and don't hesitate to comment. 

xoxo