CHAPTER 10

Dive

SinB felt betrayed. Her entire world was collapsing. She didn’t expect so much pain and now it was hitting her so hard.

 

But there was the responsable of her pain, just in front of her. It was almost horrible how she managed to look this innocent. Though, SinB was now sure. It was too late to turn back time. And yet, SinB now really wanted to start things over. If she could, she would have turned down her feelings and she would have avoided the small girl. She would have protected her lips from the ones of the devil girl. Now SinB felt dirty … so dirty to be in a romance with the demonic girl. 

 

  • SinB, is everything alright ? started Eunha 

 

SinB wanted to put her fingers in her ears as her voice was irritating her. She chose to ignore her and ran away from the penthouse. But before she did so, Yerin appeared with her hair wet. So she was showering all this time. Well, it was true that SinB didn’t check the bathroom. But now it didn’t matter anymore. SinB wanted to leave.

 

She went in her room. It was weird how she only noticed now that she hadn’t seen her room for days. Eunha made her this way. She ruined her. 

 

The photo was still printed in her mind. And no matter how hard she tried to forget it, she couldn’t. The faces were too memorable. Partly because SinB knew them well … so well. 

SinB remembered every detail even she had seen the photo only for seconds.

Eunha was on the photo but she wasn’t alone. There were two other girls with her. Eunha was in the center. A taller girl was kissing her on her cheek while the other one probably as tall as Eunha was  closing her eyes and landing her head on top of Eunha’s shoulder. There were flowers behind them. 

But what shocked SinB is to recognize the girls: Sowon and Umji. 

 

SinB swore Sowon had this smile full of love on the photo while she was kissing Eunha’s cheek. And Umji had this genuine smile too.
Eunha seemed really happy on the picture but that, SinB didn’t care. Because when she saw the photo, everything was clear again: Eunha was behind all SinB’s misfortune. She had clearly something romantic with Sowon. According to SinB, no matter if Eunha and Sowon’s relationship was over or not: Eunha was the one who destroyed SinB and Sowon ’s relationship. SinB remembered well how Sowon’s weird call happened just after she had met Eunha. On top of that, Eunha’s penthouse had a view on the beach. She clearly had witnessed SinB and Sowon that night they were on the beach. 

SinB was sure of it. And she swore she will put an end to everything. 

 

She went in bed but she couldn’t sleep. Suddenly someone knocked at her door. She checked her phone and she had received tons of message and call from Eunha. She was sure the latter was the one knocking at her door. Maybe, was it Yerin ? She did send her a message  asking her if she was ok but SinB chose to ignore it. 

 

The next day, she went to work even if it was meaningless now. She was broken and money won’t fix anything this time. She felt like a zombie. She was smiling and she seemed normal but she was dead inside.  

What’s worse was the apparition of Eunha. She went towards her and SinB was trapped as her boss was there so she couldn’t run away.

 

  • SinB, what’s wrong with you ? You ran away and you didn’t answer any of my calls nor messages. Even worse, you made sleep alone. 

 

  • I am working Eunha …  said SinB with her coldest voice. 

 

Eunha seemed surprised by the answer. She disappeared for a moment. Then, SinB heard her boss’ words:

 

  • SinB, you are free. You should have told me, you weren’t feeling good. 

 

SinB saw Eunha behind him and she looked genuinely worried. But SinB felt even more hurt. Eunha clearly told her boss lies again to make SinB focus on her. 

She had to make it stop. 

 

  • SinB, come with me to my apartment. We will talk there.

 

SinB really had to put a lot of effort into following Eunha. But she eventually did. When they arrived, Eunha jumped on SinB. She attacked her kiss but all that SinB could feel was disgust. She wanted to throw up. So she pushed Eunha. The latter was shocked as widening show. 

 

  • SinB, why ? I just wanted to make you feel better. You clearly look exhausted. 


It was just astonishing how Eunha could manage to sound so innocent. But to SinB’s mind, she was far from being the victim.

 

Suddenly, Yerin appeared with a broom in her hand. 

 

  • Where have you been ? asked Eunha. 

 

  • Well, while you were I don’t know where outside, I cleaned all your living room which was messy as hell.

 

  • Oh, but I hired a person for that … anyway. You can be so particular sometimes. 

 

Yerin shrugged her shoulders and then went upstair. 

 

  • Let’s break up. said suddenly SinB. 

 

And she swore the look on Eunha was really touching. She looked horrified and confused. But SinB didn’t know the word empathy anymore. 

 

  • What ? she said. 

 

  • Don’t pretend to be innocent. I know everything Eunha. 

 

  • What are you talking about ? It was weird how she really looked and sound clueless about what was SinB refereeing to.

 

  • Ok I see go on and pretend …. but that will not change the fact that I am breaking up with you. 

 

Eunha seemed to be boiling up. 

 

  • I don’t understand ! Why do you want to break up with me ? 

 

SinB didn’t reply. She was too tired to fight back. She was heading towards the door but suddenly Eunha grabbed her hand. 

 

  • Where are you going ? cried out Eunha

 

  • Let me go ! said SinB coldly while trying to get rid of Eunha’s grip. 

 

  • No. Don’t leave me! Please! screamed Eunha as she managed to grab SinB by the waist. Then she clang to her as though her life depended on it. 

 

SinB tried to push her and she managed to do it even if Eunha get hurt by the impact on the floor. Tears were flooding on Eunha’s face and any person would have probably felt empathy and regrets. But not SinB. 

 

  • Please, I am begging you. said Eunha lowly and desperately as she was on her knees looking so vulnerable.

 

SinB gave her the coldest face ever. Before she turned her heels towards the exit. 

 

  • Why are you screaming !? said Yerin who went downstairs very fast. Oh …  She looked so shocked. 

 

Eunha turned towards Yerin and there were suddenly anger in her eyes. 

 

  • You ! It is your fault ! exploded Eunha. 

 

SinB who was going to exit the room stooped right away. She then turned towards the cousins. Eunha jumped on Yerin who looked confused as hell. 

 

  • It is you again ! Why are you always destroying my happiness ? said Eunha while hitting Yerin. 

 

  • Stop that ! screamed SinB

 

Eunha stopped and while she stood on her feet she said: 

 

  • Go away Yerin. I don’t want to see you anymore. 

 

Yerin was still on the floor looking shocked and confused. She was speechless. 

 

  • GO AWAY ! screamed Eunha. 

 

Yerin stoop up then she ran upstairs. 

 

  • Why did you attack her ? asked SinB 

 

  • You stayed with her for only one day and she managed to destroy everything … again. 

 

  • No she didn’t do anything. You did ! 

 

  • I did nothing, SinB. 

 

  • Why are you lying ? Stop pretending, I already know everything

 

  • What did she tell you for you to say such words ? 

 

Yerin appeared with her suitcase. 

 

  • Anyway … you and me … we are over. claimed SinB before following Yerin towards the exit.

 

  • No … why ? You can’t decide such things without my consent. 

 

  • Yes I can Eunha. Bye and I wish you all the misery in the world. May you dive in hell and never find the surface again. 

 

Both Eunha and Yerin widened their eyes. For the first time, Eunha was speechless and she seemed on the verge of breaking down. 

Then SinB exited the door. 

 

  • SinB wait ! said Yerin

 

SinB turned herself towards Yerin. 

 

  • Even if I don't know what happened, you shouldn’t treat Eunha like this. After all you’re working in her family’s hotel. 

 

  • That’s why I am quitting.

 

  • You’re going back home ?

 

  • No, I still have something to do in the city before that. 

 

  • I am heading to the city too. 

 

  • Can I please stay with you until I am done ? 

 

Yerin seemed surprised but then she gave her bright eye smile to SinB.

 

  • Sure, I would be very glad. 

 

  • Thanks. said SinB suddenly shy. She wanted to escape from this place so badly, that she only noticed now that she was kind of inviting herself in Yerin’s place. Normally, she wouldn’t do such thing. 

SinB went in her room and get all her stuff. She also sent a message to her boss. Then, she joined Yerin who was waiting for her in her car. And what a car she had ! She was well off just like her cousin … maybe even more. 

The ride towards Yerin’s appartement was silent. SinB enjoyed the city landscape even if her mind was a mess. 

 

  • Your appartement is in the city center ?

 

  • Yes, in one of the biggest tower. said Yerin 

 

They arrived and Yerin didn’t lie: the apartment was in the 69th floor. And it wasn’t exactly an apartment but a penthouse twice as big as Eunha’s one in the hotel. 

 

  • Let me show you, your room. said Yerin. 

 

SinB followed her. Since she arrived, she hadn’t say a word. She was too focus on the beauty of the place to say anything. SinB’s room was enormous. She even had a private bathroom.

 

  • Thank you, really. said SinB. 

 

  • You’re welcome, it is nothing. Make yourself at home, I am going to cook. said Yerin while leaving.

 

SinB went towards the big glass windows. She had a view on the city and the sea. Seeing the sea, remind her of those good moments she had at the hotel: those with Yuju, Yerin, Sowon and even Eunha. But just thinking about some of those people made her feel bad again. 

Hopefully, SinB swore she was going to fix everything. 

That’s why when she went in the kitchen, she looked determined.

 

  • Cool you’re there, because food is ready. 

 

It looked really good and the smell was just amazing but SinB wasn’t hungry at all. Still, she didn’t want to be rude so she sat down and watched Yerin serve her. The latter looked beautiful in her apron.  She had this maternal instinct and SinB thought about … Sowon. Because Sowon too had this instinct which made SinB fall even more for her. 

SinB was too preoccupied by her thoughts, she didn’t notice that Yerin had already started eating. 

 

  • You’re not hungry, SinB ? SinB nodded her head. Eat then. 

So tell me, what do you have to do in the city ? asked Yerin. 

 

  • Find a girl.

 

Yerin looked surprised all of a sudden. 

 

  • May I know her name ?

 

  • Sowon 

 

-----------------

End of the tenth chapter 

Hello :) 

I hope you will like this new chapter. 

I was asked if this story is soon ending so here is the answer: there are approxiamtely five or six chapters left. 

Do you think SinB reacted as she should have ? What do you think will happen ? Answer those questions with a comment (even if you are not sure). Or if you have any question, critic and perception about the story or the characters I would be very glad to read it and reply :) 

Thanks 

xoxo