CHAPTER 9

Dive

That girl, SinB had only met her once but that marked her so much that she couldn’t erase her from her head. The girl who caught her eyes first. Since her breakup with Sowon, that girl had been the first one with who SinB felt something special. Because she indeed was special: she could be so friendly then the second after killing you with he y stare. She was also smart. And on top of that she was beautiful. SinB didn’t know why her heart now was beating so fast. Well, maybe because that girl was … Yerin. 

But SinB hadn’t forgotten how Yerin was also a liar. She hurt her. It wasn’t so painful because she didn’t spend lots of time with her but somehow sometimes SinB still resented her. In any case, Yerin was a legend in SinB’s head for being the girl who took the most beautiful dive in the pool. This was actually what made SinB fall for her. And there she was just in front of her, as beautiful as usual. She hadn’t change, she still had this royal black hairstyle on her and her cute dimple. But she was whiter or rather pale maybe because she was sick ? 

 

  • S …. SinB ? she said and SinB concluded Yerin wasn’t sick … she was shocked. But seconds after, her shocked face vanished and changed into her legendary eye smile. 

 

  • You know each other ? asked Eunha who was now as dumbfounded as the other girls. 

 

SinB was still speechless. First, Yerin was the cousin of Eunha and then it happened that she was angry toward. Yerin because of her lie. But why SinB felt like she didn’t want to be angry towards her anymore ? 

 

  • Yeah, I met her a week ago during my last day here. 

 

  • How come ? 

 

  • She was working in the bar just in front of the pool where I was as always spending my day. 

 

  • Oh yeah you and your obsession for swimming. I will never understand. said Eunha. 

 

Yerin laughed and SinB was about to smile but she stopped herself from doing so. She was supposed to be angry towards Yerin but well, this girl was so warm and friendly that the last thing you would want is to be angry and cold with her. 

 

 

  • You can come SinB. said Eunha and SinB joined them. Yerin had still her smile.

 

  • May I know how you have known each other ? asked Yerin.

 

  • I randomly invited her to one of my parties. We became friends very fast and since yesterday she had been my girlfriend. said Eunha before holding SinB’s hand. 

 

Yerin seemed surprised but then she smiled. SinB didn’t know if there was sadness or joy in her eyes. 

 

  • Oh I am very happy for you. Yerin eventually said. 

 

  • Yerin, you can go now. I realized that I don’t need you. I am sorry if I have bothering you. said Eunha. 

 

  • Actually, I think I will stay a little. 

 

SinB felt Eunha’s grip on her hand tightening so much that it hurted her a little. SinB noticed the intense stare in the cousins’ eyes. They both had a strong personality so much that SinB guessed sometimes it could be very explosive. 

 

  • Why, there is nothing here for you ? asked eventually Eunha with a very cold voice. 

 

  • Oh … well, that’s why I was thinking too. said Yerin and strangely she wasn’t looking at Eunha anymore but at SinB. But I changed my mind. 

 

Eunha sighed, then she went towards the door. SinB was still frozen and still lost in the irises of Yerin. 

 

  • SinB ? SinB immediatly went back to reality. 

 

She turned towards Eunha who was waiting for her in front of the door. She passed back Yerin without looking at her but didn’t grab the hand Eunha was handing her. 

 

  • Where are you … ? asked Yerin. But Eunha closed the door. She then took SinB’s hand forcibly. 

 

  • Eunha, it hurts. said SinB. Eunha softened her grip without saying anything. 

 

SinB was really becoming suspicious of Eunha. She seemed different sometimes. SinB just saw the proof: Eunha was clearly annoyed by Yerin’s presence. But why ? Eunha was so friendly sometimes. She was adorable and kind. So to see her angry and maybe jealous was really surprising and somehow terrifying. Yet, SinB couldn’t do much expect wait and see if Yuju was right. 

 

Since Yerin had been there, Eunha was acting really strangely. She was tensed and suspicious. She was always keeping an eye on SinB so much that one day SinB had enough. She wanted to speak to Yerin but it was like totally forbidden even during work Yerin was nowhere. She wasn’t even diving in the pool like before. In the evening, she decided to stay a little bit longer. It was not like she wanted to work more but she wanted to be alone and not have always Eunha’s company. It felt great to be able to do it. Even if for that SinB had to turned down her phone in order to avoid Eunha’s calls and messages. 

SinB was sitting at the edge of the pool. She let her feet play with the water as she laid down. The stars in the sky were beautiful. Yet, she eventually closed her eyes in order to focus on the sounds more. She heard some sea gull and the wind. It was very quiet. She felt in another dimension for a moment. She was going to fall asleep when she heard some noises. It was as if someone was getting closer but she chose to ignore it. 

 

  • So no more trying to be a fish ? 

 

SinB was startled so much that she forgot her feet weren’t on the ground so she almost jumped in the water. Hopefully, someone grabbed her shoulders.

  • Hey, calm down. 


SinB turned herself and she felt immediately relieved as it was Yuju.

 

  • I am sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. But it is not my fault if you are always in your own world when I want to talk to you. 

 

SinB smiled. 

 

  • It is nothing. I was just scared it was somebody else.

 

  • By somebody else you mean Eunha ? 

 

SinB was speechless. Well, it was maybe true somehow but she really meant somebody else as a stranger. 

 

  • No, why do you say so ? 

 

  • I don’t know because deep inside I hoped you had opened your eyes. 


SinB couldn’t really argue especially when she was herself beginning to look at Eunha suspiciously. SinB was going to say something but suddenly someone appeared. 

 

  • Oh Yerin, you scared me. said SinB. 

 

  • I am sorry, I didn’t mean it. 

 

Yerin was there with her famous eye smile. However, the smile didn’t have the same effect on Yuju. Indeed, her eyes widened the moment Yerin appeared. She clearly look shocked. 

 

  • SinB, I will see you later, ok ? she said while leaving.


SinB was confused. She didn’t have time to reply, Yuju was already gone.

 

  • Is she sick ? asked Yerin innocently. Or maybe, did I interrupt a discussion very important ? 

 

  • No … she was fine and you didn’t interrupt anything. 

 

SinB almost forgot that she was supposed to be angry towards Yerin. Even if she wanted to forgive her, she couldn’t because she didn’t want to look so desperate and weak. Hopefully she had that natural cold expression on her face which made her feelings unreadable. 

As if Yerin could read her thoughts, the latter said: 

 

  • SinB … I know you are still upset but believe me I am very sorry. 

 

  • I don’t know what you are talking about.

 

  • SinB don’t pretend. I know you clearly know what I am talking about. I am so sorry. Please forgive me. 

 

Why was Yerin almost begging her ? SinB couldn’t understand why Yerin looked this desperate but deep down she loved it. But she didn’t want to give in to Yerin so easily. So she came up with the most ridiculous excuse. 

 

  • Then, why didn’t you say it earlier ? 

 

  • Because I couldn’t approach you. Eunha was keeping me busy far from you and her girls were guarding you as if you were the princess of this planet. 


SinB wanted to replied a very savage answer but she didn’t want to look friendly. 

 

  • Well it that’s so, then tell me how you managed to be here in front of me ? 

 

  • Oh, Eunha didn’t warn you ? She went away for a moment. 

 

SinB was surprised. 

 

  • No it can’t be. Let me call her. 

 

  • Wait! She didn’t bring her phone with her. She left it in the living room. Yeah I know … she can be sometimes scatterbrain. Yerin giggled. 

 

SinB felt hurt suddenly because Eunha didn’t even tell her. She surely looked like a fool right now. 

Once again, it was as if Yerin could read her mind:

 

  • Hey SinB … I don’t want to interfere in your relationship but the least I can do now is to propose you some activities as a distraction. So if you want I can show you some places very breathtaking ? 

 

SinB really thought about it even if she didn’t why she was hesitating: deep down she really wanted to accept. 

 

  • Ok. she said. 

 

Yerin’s smile widened at the answer. She looked so happy and it made SinB’s heart warm to see her like this. SinB followed Yerin. It was quiet and when they walked on the beach the waves sounded like a peaceful melody. Peaceful … yeah it was the best word to describe the current atmosphere. 

Yerin was true to her words. The scene was really mesmerizing. It was a cave in the rock. The water inside was dark but it felt magic. As if some creatures were living there. SinB found it beautiful but diving in it would terrified her. 

 

  • What are you doing ? she asked when she saw Yerin got rid of her clothes. 

 

Yerin didn’t answer but instead she dived in the water. SinB got scared. 

 

  • Yerin !! she screamed but she was too scared to go in the water and stopped Yerin. 

Some seconds later, Yerin reappeared in the surface and SinB felt as if she was seeing a siren. Indeed, Yerin was beautiful with her wet hair and her bikini. And she had this intense look on her face it was as if she was going to devour her … so charming. 

Yerin went towards SinB and grabbed her hand. This action triggered something inside SinB because suddenly all the fears disappeared. As if she fell under Yerin’s spell. She let her guide towards the water. SinB seemed in trance. Yerin was still staring into her eyes while walking backward in the water. Both hands were grabbing SinB’s ones. Suddenly the ground disappeared and for the first time, SinB managed to stay at the surface. But everything stopped when the grip on her hands released them. Yerin dived and so disappeared. SinB began to panic. But she didn’t have the time to drown. Yerin reappears just in front of her. Her face was very close to SinB’s one. SinB felt safe again when hands surrounded her waist. Then it was as if she could float again … as if she could swim. 

Yerin’s hair was wet while SinB’s one was still partly dry. Again, SinB was hypnotized by Yerin’s deep stare. SinB even caught herself looking from time to time at Yerin’s inviting lips. 

 

  • See … you just have to dive now. claimed Yerin. Dive with me. 

 

SinB would normally refuse such a proposition. And unconsciously her body was reacting this way as her grip on Yerin’s shoulders tightened. But in her mind everything had changed. She let Yerin guide her. SinB closed her eyes though. She let herself be led under water. It felt like entering another dimension. There were those bubbles and this completely different law of attraction. SinB felt something wet against her lips. She didn’t know if it was water or another thing … maybe lips ?
Then she opened her lips as she thought she was running out of breath. She began to panic so she opened her eyes. The view calmed her immediately. Indeed Yerin was there with her eyes opened. She was smiling at her and SinB wondered if Yerin was really human because she didn’t feel like being bothered by her lungs unlike SinB. Then, everything started to get blurry so she closed her eyes and the next thing SinB knew was feeling lifted.

 

When she opened her eyes, SinB saw a black ceiling which was weird because the cave wasn’t this color. Then she felt a duvet and she realized that she was on a couch. She looked around her: she was in Eunha’s living room. She looked around her and admitted she was alone. Was what had happened in the cave a dream ? SinB refused that version. But most important: where was Yerin ? Suddenly SinB was scared … because deep down she was terrified that Yerin had disappeared again. 

She looked for a letter but found nothing. She wasn’t much reassured. Maybe this time Yerin went away without letting any sign ? 

 

SinB sat down on the couch and she thought about it: why was she so eager to find Yerin ? It didn’t feel right after all especially when she had already a girlfriend. SinB knew she had to control herself and her feelings. She couldn’t keep up with this kind of behavior. It was wrong. So wrong. But maybe if Yerin didn’t make her dive with her, SinB wouldn’t be trap in that ocean of confusion. SinB felt guilty. She noticed a phone on the table. She assumed it was Eunha’s one. She took it because she thought that looking at Eunha and her on the lock screen will make her feel less guilty. However a little photo fell from the phone case. SinB took it and when she looked at it closely: all the guilt she felt vanished. 

 

SinB was so shocked that her hands began to shake making the photo fall on the floor. It can’t be true …  the people on the photo, SinB wished it was just an hallucination or a mirage. 

 

The door opened and the owner of the penthouse entered it. There were so much anger and hatred in SinB’s eyes now that when the small girl will look at them, she will probably be frozen.

 

------------------------------

End of the ninth chapter 

Hello dear readers,

I know it had been a while since the last chapter but I have been very busy. I am sorry for that. 

I hope you like the new chapter. You were right YERIN came back !! I know a lot of you were waiting for her comeback so there she is. 

Again, tell me if you have any clue about what happened and will happen in the story. 

Don't hesitate to comment. 

Thanks 

xoxo