NINE

KIM & I

“Note… Note… What note?” You keep on mumbling, thinking about what Himchan said earlier. You let out a sigh and get up from your bed, ruffling your hair. However, the moment you mess up your hair, a memory of Himchan ruffled your hair in the councilor’s room stop you. You can feel a sudden rush of your blood racing to your cheeks.

 

“What am I thinking?! Oh My God!” You immediately take your jacket and tell Daehyun you will go out to the convenience store and get some fresh air. Daehyun watches you scurry out of the house, puzzled. You let out another sigh as you walk to the convenience store near your home. Your crush on your teacher is getting worse and you are afraid you couldn’t keep it yourself anymore.

 

You pick some ice creams for you and your brother. As you want to pick out your money inside the pocket, you notice there’s a note with it. Note? NOTE?! You pay for the ice creams and walk to the nearest bench at the park. You sit down as you stare at the paper in your hand. Is this the note Mr. Kim said?

 

“Wait. I have to cool down a bit before I open this note.” You inhale some air deeply and bite off some ice cream to cool you down. You unfold the paper slowly, reading the first sentence.

 

“Thank you for the meal. It is delicious, the foods remind me of my mother’s home cooked meal.”

 

“Oh… Hahaha, it’s just a thank note. Gosh, I got overly worked up.”  You continue to read the rest of the note at ease. However, the next content makes your heart beating faster than normal. Wait, is it?

 

“You may answer this later, it is not your priority now. As your teacher, it is forbidden to have this feeling for his own student. However, I couldn’t help but like you more than just my student. I will wait for you until your graduation.” – Kim Himchan

 

Your jaw drops, he what?! He likes me?! Really?!   

 


 

“I’m home…” You walk inside, feeling lifeless.

 

“What took you so long, sister?! Gimme my ice creams!” Daehyun shouts as soon as he saw you. You give the plastic contain the ice creams and directly head to your bedroom without any words.

 

“HEY! IT’S MELT! JUNG REEN! MY ICE CREAM!” A continuous shout of complaints from your brother doesn’t bother you. Your head is full of Himchan’s indirect confessions. He likes me, not as his student, but as a woman. Those thoughts keep on running in your head.

 


 

The next morning, you are still on your bed despite it is almost time to go to the school. How can you face Himchan after reading the note he gave?! You pull your blanket, covering your whole body in embarrassment.

 

“Hey, you still in bed?! We are gonna be late, Reen!” Daehyun tries to pull your blanket, however, it ends up with a tug war. Daehyun let go of your blanket, defeated.

 

“Are you still sick?”

 

“No…”

 

“Then? You want to skip school?”

 

“Mmm…”

 

“Why?”

 

“Go away…”

 

“Pfft… Fine. Woman.” He walks out of your bedroom, mumbles.

 

“I heard that!” Daehyun scurries away quickly before he gets beaten by you. Seems today he has to buy his own lunch. After you hear the door close, you sigh for the countless time, closing your eyes. You can’t even sleep a wink last night thinking about Himchan’s confession.

 

Several hours later, you have been singing, dancing and laughing loudly alone. Trying to get rid of the thoughts that have been running through your mind merciless. You stop your singing as you feel your stomach growl loudly. Oh? What time is it? You look at the wall clock. 12 PM?! No wonder your stomach screaming for foods.

 

“What should I eat?” You sing as you check your fridge. You take out some leftover from last night dinner. Bibimbap it is. You mix it up quickly and slump on your couch, turning on Netflix. Today will be a lazy day for you.

 


 

“Jung Reen?” Himchan looks up as there is no answer from you.

 

“She’s not here?” Naturally, his eyes look at your seat before looking at your friends. Jihyun, Youngjae, and Jongup shake their heads sideways letting him knows that they also don’t know your whereabouts. Is she sick? However, Jihyun seems to figure that you are having your lazy day if you didn’t notify her anything.

 

“Hey, Jiji. Where’s Reen? Is she got sick again?” Youngjae asks after Himchan walks out from the class. Jihyun shrugs, you didn’t tell her anything then she shouldn’t tell them anything too. It’s a secret between both of you, also Daehyun.

 

“Did you see there’s a glimpse of panic on Mr. Kim’s face when the three of us said we don’t know where she is?” Jongup pop out the question.

 

“Yeah, I thought I’m the only one notice it. Do you think he got a thing on Reen?” Jihyun asks excitedly but again, Youngjae and Jongup give her scorn faces, denying Jihyun’s speculations.

 

“Have you guys ever thought how Daehyun will react if his sister got a confession from boys?” Another question pops out from Jongup. The couple looks at Jongup.

 

“Well, he might go mad?” Jihyun says. That is an obvious reaction.

 

“He might confront that guy and give him a piece of mind to stay away from Reen,” Youngjae says, opening his book. Why are they discussing this?

 

“What if the confessor is older than Daehyun? Like a college student?” Jongup asks. He has been thinking about it since you got a crush on Himchan.

 

“Oh yeah, I imagine Daehyun would follow them on every date. Stalks them to be exact.” Jihyun says. Youngjae who acts like joining the conversation add-on.

 

“He is an overprotective brother.” The three of them nods in agreement.

 

“Well, can’t blame Daehyun. After what happen to Reen. He got extra care for his sister over everything.” Jihyun mumbles. Before they could continue, the next teacher arrives and the class resume.   

 


 

A/N: Hello~ I'm sorry for the lack of update. My laptop has been super problematic with me even now. Most of my data are lost and I've been retrieve and rewrite some back.  So, I have to choose between this story or my other story. So, yeah I chose the latter. However, I will try my best to update both of them frequently like once a week.