THREE

KIM & I

Himchan saw you wandering around the school aimlessly as he walking to his car. From your expression, he could see you are panic. He walks to you and calls you out.

 

“Jung?” He can see how scares you are when you turn to him.

“Are you alright?” He asks. The voice fills with concern. You try to return to reality, your blink your eyes and focus on the man face.

“Are you alright? Where’s your brother?” Again, he asks as he steps getting closer to you. You take a step back. Realizing he unintentionally making you scare, he stops.

“It’s me. Mr Kim Himchan” he said. You slowly return to reality, tears stream down from your eyes fast. You try to sniffle the tears but it getting worst. All those dark thoughts lingering in your mind. You traumatized. Himchan froze with your sudden tears. What should he do? Calm her? Hug her? Kiss her? Eh? He mentally curses himself for that inappropriate thought.

 

‘Kiss? You got to be kidding me, Kim Himchan. Your student here is crying her eyes out and you thought about kissing her?!

 

clears up his throat, instinctively pulling you into a warm hug, patting you slowly. He Himchan wipes out your tears, calming you while you sobbing on his chest. You tug his shirt, feeling the warmth. Time seems to stop. Both of you embracing each other, collecting back your strength.

 

“I’m here… It’s okay… Let it out…” He pats you slowly. After a few moments, reality again hit you hard.

 

‘Where am I? What am I doing? What with this good smell?’ You quickly pull away as you realize you have been hugging Himchan.

 

“S… Sorry…” You recomposed yourself, fixing your hair and wiping your tears. Not enough with hitting him with a book, now you cried on his chest? Way to go Reen. Himchan smiles.

 

“Come on… Let me take you home.” He offers.

 

“Eh? It’s so nice of you but I can walk myself home.” You try to look fine in front of him.

 

“Walking home alone? With that kind of look? I insist. It’s my responsibility to make sure my student getting home safely.” He takes your bag on the ground and walks to his car. You follow him slowly. Himchan then opens the passenger door, looking at you.

 

“You don’t need to…”

 

“I’m a gentleman, Jung. Get inside. It’s getting late.” He urges you. He needs to rush to his class soon but your safety is a priority. You get inside his car as he quickly goes to the driver seat. He drives you home after you give him your home address.

 

Thank you.” You said.

 

“Hmm?” He glances at you.

 

“For this ride home… and… just now…” You fidget your skirt. It’s really embarrassing, crying in front of your crush. However, you completely feel fine after getting a hug from him. 

“It’s nothing. Are you alright now?” He smiles. You nod, glancing at his side profile. Even when he wears glasses, he still looks handsome. He parks the car near your studio apartment. You got out, turning to him and bow slightly.

 

“Thank you, Mr Kim.” You smile. He smiles back at you driving away as you walk to the elevator.

 

‘Himchan… Thank you… I’m really glad you are there for me.’

 

‘Jung Reen… Are there any bad memories that made you like that? I promise to protect you from that memory.’

 

 

“OWH! YAH! Careful!” Himchan winces hard. He tries to push away the hand.

 

“Shut up before I tie you up and shove this ice pack on your face. Hard.” A low voice warning him, but he gently keeps on pressing the ice pack on Himchan’s swollen face. Himchan takes a deep breath, holding in the pain.

 

“You ruining my beautiful face, man,” Himchan said, but a smile appears on his face, remembering how you smashed his face with that book.

 

“Me? It’s your precious student, Jung Reen and you are blaming me? You ungrateful bastard. I should thanks to her for ruining your so call the beautiful face.” He nags at Himchan, throwing the ice pack aside and walks to his bed.

 

“YAH! Treat me!”

 

“Do it yourself!” Yongguk covers his ears with headphone, resuming his works. Himchan pouts, taking the ice pack and continues pressing it on his face.

 

“Reenie will never hurt me intentionally. She won’t hurt me. You are!” Himchan whines. Yongguk looks at Himchan, disbelief. Me?!

 

“You need help, dude. When can I meet her? Properly. ” He shook, checking his students' assignments. Yongguk is also one of the temporary teachers with him. He never meets you as he teaches in senior classes.

 

“Soon… I don’t want to rush it. She’s still a minor anyway, you know it’s a taboo here.” He mumbles, laying down on his bed. He closes his eyes feeling the coldness of the ice pack. Yongguk glances at Himchan, it’s hard to believe Himchan falls in love with his own student.

 

“Yeah… If you rush it, you might get fired and your name will tarnish as pedo-” A pillow flies across the room, hitting right on Yongguk face.

 

"Bang Yongguk. I know the situation well enough so I don’t need your damn lecture. Let me rise, I think I’m getting a headache. When are you gonna meet your fiancee again?”

 

“This weekend.” Yongguk answers. Silence fills in the room.

 

 

“I can’t believe you left me for that woman!” You shout, hitting your brother’s back several times. Anger, upset, sad and everything rolled into one. How could he?! Daehyun wincing hard, trying to stop your poisonous hand slaps.

“OW! OW! STOP IT, REEN! I AM SORRY OKAY!” He holds your hands tight andpinsn you on the bed. Both of you panting hard, one with rage another with exhaustion. Daehyun can see your eyes fill with rage and terrified. She’s upset and it is his fault.

 

“How could you leave me?!” You shout, trying to squirm away from your brother’s grip. Daehyun let out a heavy sigh.

 

”You went out with Wonhee! Left me alone in the school! It’s dark!” You

“I’m sorry okay? I thought you already went home when I said I’ll be late.”
getting emotional, you never like Daehyun’s girlfriend. She’s a terrible in the school. Daehyun hugs you tight, apologizing over and over.

 

“I’m really sorry… I should call you. I should check on you. It’s my fault. I’m so sorry… I’m a bad brother.” He said, the guilt wraps around him. He promises to take care of you but he neglect it.

 

“I don’t like her.” You said, again. Daehyun looks at you. You are his precious little sister. He vowed their parents to take care of him. You are his baby girl.

 

“Tell me why you don’t like her…? What should I do to have you forgive me?” He fixes your hair. You sniffles your tears.

 

“I don’t want both of you together. She’s not a good person. She’s using you.” You said. You know because you heard how she said she just using Daehyun. Letting out a heavy sighs, he nods.

 

“Alright… I’ll break up with her. Please forgive me, baby girl.” He let go of you. Both of you sit up. You look at him.

 

“You don’t believe me…”

 

“I don’t… But I will…” He smiles, ruffling your hair. Both of you laugh it off like there’s nothing happen.

 

You lay down on your bed, reading the book you borrow from the library. A sudden memory of you and Himchan rush inside your head. You roll on your bed, covering your face.

 

“Is he okay now? It will really leaving a mark tomorrow.” You messing up your hair in frustration. You know Himchan is fine with it but your guilt keep crawling up and running through your mind. You got up and turn on your computer. Browsing for something. You start typing out,

 

‘HOW TO APOLOGIZE TO YOUR TEACHER, AFTER YOU HIT HIM WITH A BOOK?’