Chapter 1

Coming Home

“Good Morning, Mr Tuan.” a young lady behind the receptionist desk greet her boss when the dark brown haired man approaching her. Mark Tuan, the owner of the hotel, smile to the young lady.

 

“Good Morning, Mina. Has Chef Park arrived yet?” Ask Mark gazing to the left side of the receptionist desk where the hotel restaurant located. Mina biting her inner lips before nodded.

 

“Yes, Sir. He arrived 30 minutes ago.”

 

A smile formed on Mark lips. He then muttered a ‘thank you’ before walking away to the restaurant. It becomes a habit now. When he come to the hotel for work, he always come to the restaurant first to get his morning coffee from a particular chef. Chef Park Jinyoung. A few months ago, he got an accident and lost some of his memories and he have to take a rest for 3 months to recover his health and regain his memories. Even though there is no progress on regaining his memories, but thanks to his beautiful fiance nagging, his body recovering fast and he can back to work again. Then, when Mark come to work for the first time after the accident, his assistant, Kunpimook Bhuwakul, or the boy preferred to be called as Bambam, giving his first drink made by the Chef Park. After that, Mark was spellbounded by the coffee that chef Park made. Even he like the chef’s coffee more than his fiance’s one.

 

His fiance, Bae Suzy, also the manager of his hotel helping him to manage the hotel while he recovering his health. She also help him to regain his memories by telling him their dating life. How they meet, Mark confession, their first date, their engagement, and more thing. Mark can picture it, but it was so blurry for him. He felt so sorry to his fiance, but the girl only smile and said that it's okay if Mark doesn't remember it anymore, they always can make other memories. And Mark is grateful to have such an understanding fiance.

 

“Hyung! Umm.. I mean Mr Tuan.” Mark assistant called him when Mark about to enter the restaurant area. Mark stop walking and wait the slender boy to catch him.

 

“Good Morning, Bambam-ssi.” Mark said after the boy catch him and both of them entering the restaurant area. “And it's okay to call me Hyung, I don't mind it. It's look like you always call me that before the accident.”

 

“No. Miss Suzy doesn't like it. It's disrespectful she said.” Bambam said while taking his journal book and ready to tell Mark his schedule today.

 

“Leave it for later Bambam-ssi, We're about having a breakfast now.”

 

Mark then open the double door that lead to the kitchen area. Some of the workers look at him with an awkward expression and then silently slipped away. Mark sometimes wondered, what kind of employer he is before? Some workers seems like avoiding him. Mina for example, She looks so anxious when Mark ask her questions back then. Even she avoiding his gaze. Bambam too, he was so awkward and too careful when assisting Mark when the man come to work for the first time. It better now, Bambam looks more relax, like this morning when the younger called him Hyung.

 

“Good Morning, Sir. Can I help you?” a muscular man come to them with a cute smile. Remind him to some type of puppy.

 

“Jackson-ssi, Where is Chef Park?” Mark ask him. Jackson’s expression become flat all of sudden.

 

“He is on the storage room, checking the stock for today’s main menu. I'm afraid that he is busy now. You can't meet him for now.” he said.

 

“Jackson Hyung!” Bambam whispered. The man look at the boy behind Mark for awhile before his gaze back to the owner of the hotel.

 

Mark frowning his forehead, of course he doesn't like this boy attitude. Everytime he want to meet the chef, this boy always get into his way. Jackson always prevent him to meet the Chef. If he successfully meet the chef, Jackson will dragging the man away from him.

 

“Well, I don't think I need your permission to meet my own employee. So, excuse me.” Mark said. He walk past Jackson to the storage room.

 

There he can see the man he looking for is talking to his sous-chef. Mark then leaning to the door and watch the gorgeous man in front of him giving some order to the tall boy.

 

“Gyeom-ah, I think we need more shrimp for dinner. Mina said that we have more guests than last night.” Chef Park said while looking through some boxes. “Don't forget to call Mr Jung for the fresh vegetables and fruit. Last night the vegetables isn't as good as usual. I don't want my restaurant look bad. Okay?”

 

“I won't forget it, Jinyoung hyung. You've said that three times already.”

 

“I just want to make sure. Last time I tell you that, you forget about it and I have to make Chaeyoung and Jisung run to the supermarket.” Jinyoung looking to the tall boy with a death-glare. Mark smiling when he see it. It's look rather cute than scary for him. He then knock to the door beside him.

 

“Sorry for interrupting. I need to see Chef Park for a moment.” Mark said. The chef and the sous chef drift their attention to Mark. He can hear Jinyoung sigh.

 

“If you know you interrupting, then you know I can't see you right now.” Jinyoung said grab the book that Yugyeom bring and write something there.

 

“Ohh.. Come on, Chef Jinyoung, I just need you for 5 minutes, for my morning coffee.”

 

“You can ask Bammie for coffee, Sir. He is your assistant not me. Or you can ask Brian instead, he is the best barista here.”

 

“Your coffee is the best coffee I ever drink. It’s like you have special recipes for it and I only want to drink yours.”

 

If Mark stand a little bit closer to Jinyoung, Jinyoung sure Mark can see his redden cheek now. Jinyoung clearly like what Mark just said. He know he shouldn't do that because he is his boss, moreover the man have a fiance now.

 

“I have a job to do and it's not making a cup of coffee for you.”

 

“But I'm your boss, you work for me, Chef. I want to drink your coffee, and it's an order.” Mark smirking towards the man. Jinyoung look at him with an annoyed expression before harshly giving Yugyeom book to its owner, certainly pissed off by his boss. He then walk out from the storage room, unnecessarily bumps Mark's shoulder by his shoulder and walk to the kitchen counter. Mark chuckles because of Jinyoung childish act. He then following Jinyoung to the counter.

 

“Hey, Chef Jinyoung. Can you teach Suzy to make a coffee, please? I'll pay you more for the lesson. She have to learn how to make this incredible coffee, so she can make one every morning after we got married.”

 

Suddenly Jinyoung hands stop working. He stared to the empty cup that haven't been filled by anything. Mark tilting his head, looking to Jinyoung who suddenly stop making him a coffee and looks like in a deep thinking.

 

“Chef Jinyoung?”

 

“....”

 

“Park Jinyoung?”

 

“....”

 

“Hey Jinyoung-ah!”

 

Jinyoung’s body jolting when Mark call him, bringing his mind back to the real world. He stare to the dark brown orb of Mark’s for awhile before continue making the coffee. Mark stay silent beside him. When their eyes meet moments ago, he can see a hint of hurt there. He also can feel Jinyoung said something to him through his eyes. But Mark can't figure what Jinyoung want to said.

 

“Your coffee is done. Next time please stop plastering me and tell Bammie to come instead if you need your coffee.” Jinyoung said with a low voice. Mark clearly can feel the man is upset now, so he just nodded his head and take his coffee to the dining area while waiting for his fiance come to eat breakfast together.

 

Jinyoung looking at Mark's back until he was disappeared behind the double door. He then flopped down to the floor, not having much energy on his leg to stand up.

 

“Jinyoung oppa!” Chaeyoung kneeling beside him. “Let me help you to the locker room oppa. Rest a bit.” she said holding Jinyoung's hand and help the man to stand up.

 

“I'm okay, Chaeyoung-ah. I have to make breakfast for the guests.”

 

“No oppa. You have to rest. Yugyeom oppa is here, and Jihyo Unnie will help him.”

 

“At least let me make the pancake for him, Chae-ya.” Jinyoung whispered. He can't do anything else except secretly making a dish for his love of life. No other than the man who demanding him to make a coffee just now.

 

Chaeyoung bit her lips. Jinyoung look so pitiful right now. She knows Jinyoung story about his secret love that involves her boss, who unknowingly hurt the chef. She just want to said something when suddenly someone grab Jinyoung's body and throws Jinyoung over their shoulders. Jackson carried Jinyoung like he just carried a big sack of potatoes.

 

“Jack! PUT ME DOWN! JACKSON!” Jinyoung’s scream was the last Chaeyoung heard before the two men enter the locker room. A slight tap on her shoulder make Chaeyoung spin around.

 

“Jackson hyung will take care of it. Now, can you help me to get the flour from the storage room?” the sous chef Yugyeom smile to her. Chaeyoung smiling then doing a salute pose before dashing her way to the storage room.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“What the heck are you doing, Jackson?!” Jinyoung gritted his teeth and glaring at Jackson after the man throw him on the couch inside the locker room.

 

“I'm trying to get yourself together. Wake up Jinyoung! Mark doesn't remember you anymore!”

 

Jinyoung looking at Jackson with a hurtful expression. “I know it. You don't have to rub it on my face.” Jinyoung hang his head low, staring at the floor beneath his shoes. Some minutes passed, neither both of them say anything.

 

“He will get married to Suzy.” Jinyoung said breaking the silence.

 

Jackson snort. “So what? You also married.” Jinyoung eyes now fall on his left hand. There is a platinum white ring around his ring finger. His wedding ring.

 

“Right. I'm married man.” he whispered to himself but Jackson can hear it.Jackson let a sigh before sitting beside Jinyoung. He know Jinyoung was hurting now, even though he is not show it and trying to act nothing happened to him. Jackson put his arm around Jinyoung and hug the raven from the side. Jinyoung give up on acting all strong and cool, he leans his head on Jackson shoulder. Minutes later, Jackson can feel his uniform wet and Jinyoung’s small sob can be heard too.

 

“He ask me to teach her how to make the coffee, so she can make one.” Jinyoung grip Jackson arm hard. “He want her to make the coffee for him. He doesn't want me anymore.” Jinyoung sobbing louder now. Jackson rub Jinyoung’s back.

 

“Tell him the truth, Jinyoung. Tell him everything and run away with him.”

 

Jinyoung wipe his tears and rise his head up. He then slightly push Jackson. “I can't. You know I can't do it. You know the compensation. I can risk other person life for my own life.” Jinyoung shake his head.

 

“Then leave him. Stop hurting yourself.”

 

“No. I can't do that either. He is my life Jack. I can't live without him. I'll wait for him until he remember about us.”

 

“How long? How long you have to wait?”

 

“As long as it takes. I'll wait for him forever if it takes forever to him to remember me.”

 

Jackson sigh. His friend is so stubborn. “I wonder what your husband said when he heard what you just said. I bet he is crying mess.”

 

Jinyoung rub the ring on his finger. His lips then forming a tiny smile. He is married. He have a husband. And he almost forget it.

 

.

.

.

.

 

Mark is sipping his coffee when his beautiful fiance approaching him. The girl look so beautiful with her soft pink dress and white cardigan. Her long hair is tidily tied, and even with a simple make up, she look so stunning. Mark smiling and put his cup down.

 

“Good Morning, My Angel.” He said when Suzy sit in front of him. The girl giving him a tiny smile before ask the waiters to bring her favorite breakfast set.

 

“I know we have one of good restaurants here, but can we eat somewhere else? I got bored by eating at work place.” She said while taking her journal and write something there.

 

“Why? I like here. This place food is most delicious. Especially, this coffee.” Mark push his cup to Suzy. “You have to try this. This coffee was special made for me by Chef Park.”

 

Suzy hand come to stop. He look up to Mark. “You meet him again?”

 

“Yes, I ask him to make me this coffee.”

 

“Don't ever meet him again. I don't like it.” Suzy said. Her voice was full of anger and jealousy, making Mark smiling wide.

 

“Hey.. are you jealous to him? How cute.”

 

“I'm serious Mark. I don't want you to meet him again.”

 

“Come on, Babe. I just want a coffee.”

 

“You can ask your assistant to make one. That's what he paid for. Or you can ask me instead, I'll make you one.”

 

“You're busy baby. And Bambam coffee is not good as Chef Park made.”

 

“Oh.. So you prefer Chef Park than me?”

 

“What? No.. It's not like that.”

 

“Then, listen to me. I don't want you come near him again. That's the final Mark.”

 

After that, she close her journal book and shove it to her hand bag before stand up and leaving Mark. Mark stay silent while looking at Suzy back figure. He then sigh. Suzy is so possessive toward him. And it become more and more when he talk about Chef Jinyoung. It's not the first time she snap because of the Chef. And Mark doesn't know what to do. One side, he doesn't want make Suzy mad at him. But the other side, he can't stay away from the chef. There is something about the man that make him want to become closer to the Chef. Mark grab his cup then drink all the coffee in one shoot.

 

“She even doesn't eat her breakfast again.” he said then stand up and walk out the restaurant.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

After the last time Jinyoung meet Mark for the morning coffee and ended by Jinyoung break down in front Jackson, Mark doesn't show up to the kitchen again. Jinyoung was relieved by that. But he also kinda missing his handsome boss asking him for the coffee. Bambam sometimes comes by to take his boss coffee, but the man never show up by himself. Jinyoung silently cursing Mark habit to take a person word deep to his heart.

 

Jinyoung took a glance on the big clock above the entrance door. 7.50 am. He never this late before. Usually, he come to work at 7 in the morning. Then, he will come to the storage room to check his food ingredients before going to change his clothes to his work uniform and start to make breakfast for the guests at 8. But today he want to come late. For a reason. He miss someone, and he want to see him today. Mark’s work hour starts at 8. And he never come late to work if there is no other things he need to do first. So, Jinyoung now walk slowly to the receptionist desk. He decide to have a small talk to Mina while waiting for Mark come.

 

“Good Morning, Mina.”

 

“Good Morning, Jinyoung Oppa. You come late today.”

 

“Yes, there is something I need to do first. Yugyeom has came right?”

 

“Yes Oppa. He come early today. It’s so strange to see him come before you.”

 

Jinyoung only smile to the lady. This morning he called Yugyeom to come early, receiving some grunt from the boy, but Jinyoung promised that he can leave work early too, so the boy immediately agreed to come early. Jinyoung then chatting with Mina for some moments while his eyes sometimes glance to the front door.

 

“Ohhh.. I know it. You waiting for someone, right oppa?” Mina said while he doesn't really paying attention to the lady when a red Ferrari stop in front of the entrance. The person he wait then come out from the driver seat. He using navy blue suit today with a baby blue tie around his neck. His blonde hair was styled up so he can show his gorgeous face. With his sunglasses on, he look hundreds times more handsome. Jinyoung bite his own lips to prevent him smiling wide. He still can hear Mina but he was too busy looking at his boss. But it's not need a long time to his smile disappeared from his lips. Mina teasing word also come silent when Mark run to the other side of his car and open the passenger door. Then, a beautiful lady come out from Mark’s car. She wearing a baby blue dress, matched with Mark’s neck tie. Suzy smile to his fiance then walking first to the entrance door while Mark give his cars key to the vallet boy.

 

Suzy see him first. She stop her way and waiting for Mark while her eyes never leave Jinyoung. Jinyoung can see Mark jog a little to Suzy. Suzy then circling her arm on Mark's arm, hugging it from the side. Mark smile to his fiance then place a little kiss on her temple. Jinyoung haven't feel suffocating like this before. He shouldn't feel that. He have saw what Suzy done for some times before, but every times she is clingy to Mark, Jinyoung feel the oxygen was cut from his lung. With all his mighty, he held his tear as Mark saw him and waving his hand to him. And of course Suzy won't let it slide. The girl quickly drag Mark to the elevator on the opposite of the receptionist desk. Jinyoung turn his head, pretend to talk to Mina while his tear are spilling. Mina quickly grab some tissue sheet and give it to Jinyoung.

 

“Thanks Mina.” He said wipe his tears. “It's time for me to go. Have a nice day! Good luck!” Jinyoung smiling to Mina then walk to his workplace while rubbing his wedding ring.

 

‘Just see your face for some minutes is enough for me to bear anything’

 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-