She expected the world

Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s raining and this horrible umbrella won’t extend! Oh I just hit you on the crotch! I’m so sorry!” au Or Wendy always humiliate herself in front of Irene. Crack fluff.

 

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR PRECIOUS ANGEL SON SEUNGWAN *ugly sobbing*

 

 

 

 

 

 

To say that she was mortified, was an understatement. Here was Wendy, whom her whole face was written in horror. She knew too well that her umbrella was in the brink of snapping into two, but the adolescent girl was too penny-pinching to buy a new, functional one. The stubborn girl was on her way back to her house when it was suddenly raining cats and dogs just as she arrived at the front of one of the buildings in their campus. Looking around, the Canada-born knew that the weather wasn’t going to change anytime soon. Having no other options, Wendy rummaged through her backpack and a sigh of relief escaped as she successfully found her mini umbrella. Her ancient umbrella.

 

Wendy’s attempt on trying to open her old, somewhat rusty umbrella was proven to be unsuccessful as she was pressing on the ‘open’ button aggressively for more than a minute now, to no avail.

 

“Stupid umbrella.” The dark-haired girl hissed as she shook her umbrella furiously. “It’s raining and this horrible umbrella won’t extend!” She exclaimed out of nowhere and began to curse in English.

 

Thank god no one is here to witness my madness, Wendy thought. She however, spoke too soon.

 

Much to her bliss, the umbrella finally extended, after three dreadful minutes. However, the moment her umbrella extended, that was the exact moment someone just decided to walk out of the building, running into Wendy’s umbrella, hitting it on the unsuspecting victim’s crotch. Wendy couldn’t believe it. Of all the times? How in the world.

 

The poor victim was groaning in pain as the tip of the umbrella hit her right on the crotch.

 

“Oh I just hit you on the crotch!” Wendy shrilled in horror. “I’m so sorry!” The dark-haired girl kept on saying ‘sorry’ again and again, like a mantra. She immediately put her umbrella down to check on the poor girl kneeling on the ground, ducking her head in pain. One of her hands were on her crotch while the other was on the ground.

 

“I-It’s okay.” The brown-haired girl said as she was holding down the unbearable pain on her crotch.

 

“No its not!” Wendy quavered and immediately pat the girl on the back. “I’m so so so sorry. It was that stupid umbrella. It was already broken and stubborn me is still using it and-“

 

The panicked girl abruptly stopped talking as her eyes trailed on her umbrella, which was already under the rain, carried away by the wind. The poor umbrella was flying away from her sight, never to be seen again.

 

Her dignity went flying with her umbrella.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Yeri!” Wendy sniffed as she was burying her face on the couch, hoping that she would suffocate herself out of the embarrassment. “Stop laughing! It’s not funny!”

 

Yeri, Wendy’s younger sister was laughing her off as the older sibling was telling the horrible situation she had to face earlier today. Apparently, after the incident, the Canadian has no other option but to walk under the rain. Wendy was soaked the moment she arrived at her home. The other girl? She immediately walked away from there as soon as she composed herself, probably doesn’t want to get involved with her or something.

 

“It is funny if you’re embarrassing yourself!” Yeri continued to laugh and wiped the tears on the corner of her eyes. “When will you stop embarrassing yourself in front of a cute girl, Wendy?”

 

“It’s ‘unnie’ for you, Yeri!”

 

“Yeah yeah whatever you say Wendy~”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Wendy recognized the girl she accidentally hit as Bae Irene. The Bae Irene. The girl that is recognized by almost all the students in the university for having talents in dancing, acting, cheerleading and of course her stunning appearance. Purple ombre hair and face as if God went extra time to craft her. She looked as if she came straight out a magazine catalogue. Irene was the it-girl of their university. She was majoring in fine arts and two of her choreographies made it into one of the famous theatre shows in town, making her the youngest choreographer in that said show, just at 25 years old.

 

Wendy on the other hand, is majoring in music. The girl is also famous, but not as much as Irene. Wendy preferred to stay under the radar, avoiding the spotlight unlike Irene. But the dark-haired girl is now contemplating on whether to fly her back to Canada after what had happened earlier today. Though she doubted Irene would remember her, Wendy wouldn’t take any risks. She preferred to be buried six feet underground, let the dirt consume her embarrassment than to ever meet the intimidating girl again.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“You must be kidding me.” Joy snorted in amusement as she was sitting on the top on the kitchen counter, looking at Irene who was digging through the refrigerator, searching for god-knows-what.

 

“I’m not.” The clearly frustrated girl whined as she took out an ice pack and put it on her head, immediately sighed in relief as she did so. Apparently, Irene got herself a headache from the incident. “That girl was crazy, I tell you.” She added as she was rubbing the ice pack all over her head. “I heard her cursing in English while shaking her un-functioning umbrella like a retard.” Irene shuddered as she had a quick flashback on the incident.

 

“English?” Joy mumbled and immediately scoffed in amusement. “Un-functioning umbrella?” The tall girl then fished out her phone from her back-pocket, and began to tap on it. “Does she happen…” Joy said with a huge smile on her face as she shoved Irene her phone before continuing, “… to look like this?”

 

Irene’s eyes were wide open as she was inspecting the picture of two girls, whom one of them she knew as Yeri, Joy’s girlfriend. Yeri often hangs out in their dorm, not that Irene minded anyway. Yeri is adorable and nice (unlike Joy, Irene quietly thought). But this, seeing the crazy girl posing beside Yeri…

 

“Don’t tell me…” The brown haired girl babbled, squinting her eyes on the screen. “You know her?”

 

“She’s Yeri’s sister.”

 

“Yeri has a sister?” Irene questioned while scratching her head in confusion. She never thought Yeri has a sister studying at the same university as them, much more the crazy girl she had encountered earlier today.

 

“Yeah. Wendy. Don’t you recognize her?” Joy rolled her eyes as she put back her phone in her pocket, now looking at her roommate who looked baffled this whole time.

 

“So that’s Wendy?” Irene incoherently whispered, hoping that Joy wouldn’t hear it. Too bad Joy’s hearing was as good as a bat.

 

“What do you mean ‘that’s Wendy’?”

 

“Seulgi tried to set me up with someone named Wendy.” Irene said nonchalantly and walked away from the kitchen, Joy, who was bewildered to the information, immediately followed her roommate. “I didn’t know Wendy would be a crazy girl.”

 

“Well, she just has a habit of embarrassing herself in front of a cute girl.” Joy shrugged as she looked at Irene who was in deep thought.

 

“Huh.” The older of the two answered short, and walked into her room.

 

After today, she need a long rest.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Wendy was determined to not walk into Irene ever again, no matter how attractive the girl was. She was scared of what the other girl might do to her once they met. Who knows, maybe Irene was the type to hold a grudge towards someone. Luckily, she arrived inside her class without running into Irene. Sitting down beside her bestfriend, the dark-haired girl heaved a huge sigh of relief as she took out her phone from her back pocket.

 

“So…” Seulgi said, a funny expression plastered on her whole face. “Irene told me what happened yesterday.”

 

Hearing the infamous name, Wendy immediately stopped whatever she was doing. She pretended to not hear anything Seulgi was saying but the latter kept on nudging her. So, she has no other option but to look at the blonde beside her.

 

“What?” Wendy grunted.

 

“I can’t believe you’d embarrass yourself in front of her. Her!”

 

“It’s just Irene. How bad can it be?” The shorter of the two said in an exasperated tone. “It’s not like I will run into her in the future.”

 

“Well… about that…” Seulgi scratched her nape as she was looking at the other girl with a guilt in her face.

 

“Seul…” Wendy automatically sighed and massaged her temple. “What did you do this time.”

 

“Oh. It’s nothing.” A nervous laughter followed. “It’s just that… I might… Umm… I might have set you two up.”

 

“Seulgi!” The girl immediately shrieked. If it wasn’t because of the empty class, both of them probably would get kick out of the room. “Why?!”

 

“Because!” The bear-like girl was trying to find any rational reason, but her slow brain wasn’t coping up with her. “Because both of you are single and gay as !”

 

Yep. Not helping at all.

 

“Unbelievable.” Wendy muttered angrily. She was fuming but the moment she looked at Seulgi’s apologetic, begging face, she has no other option but to listen to her friend’s plan. “What are you planning?”

 

What was used to be a sad face was now gleaming brightly, smiling from ear to ear. “Excellent!” Seulgi beamed. Her mood turned 180° South. “So, here’s the plan. Bring her out on a date. She likes sunset the most so beach is the best option. Make a great impression of yourself on her that she can’t forget.”

 

“How do you even know this will work? It’s just a waste of my time and hers, Seul.” Wendy rolled her eyes as she heard what Seulgi’s plan was.

 

“Give it a chance, Wan-ah! If it doesn’t work, then just stop. Just one date. Please?” The blonde was trying hard to make her best impression of a puppy begging for treats.

 

“… fine.”

 

On the other hand, Irene was also reluctant to Seulgi’s cupid plan but has no other choice since she agreed on a date with Wendy before she knew how crazy the girl was. Seulgi didn’t care. All she cared was to end the misery single life of Wendy and Irene’s.

 

If playing cupid is a real job, Seulgi swore she would be the CEO.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

The day Wendy dreaded the most has arrived. She has no idea how in the world would Irene agreed on going on a date with her. But, what can she do, really? Stopping her black range rover in front of Irene’s dorm, the dark-haired girl walked out of her car and waited for her date in front of the latter’s front door. Even thinking of the word ‘date’ made Wendy cringe. She sure would get her revenge on Seulgi one day.

 

Few minutes after battling with her own mind, the opening door made Wendy snapped out her trance and was immediately met with those beautiful face of Irene’s. Wendy found herself speechless. Though Irene was wearing a rather casual outfit, she still nailed it. No wonder people like her so much.

 

Realizing that she was staring for quite some time and probably made the other girl uncomfortable, Wendy immediately faked a cough and cleared . “Hi.”

 

A nervous smile.

 

“Hello.”

 

“I’m umm… I’m sorry that you got into this mess. Seulgi was being an and-“

 

“She was just being nice.” Irene muttered which immediately made Wendy shut her babbling mouth. Was she being rude?

 

“Umm yeah.” The younger girl was looking everywhere but at Irene. The latter was so enchanting that Wendy was scared she would get lost in her eyes. “We should get going. Don’t want to waste any time.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Fortunately, that date seemed to be going smoothly. Wendy has not made an embarrassment of herself in front of Irene, yet. They went out on a nice lunch together before walking around the park aimlessly. They didn’t talk much, but Irene felt the feeling of warmness and comfort coming out of Wendy. Wendy was being kind to her the whole date. Opening the door for her, asking her once in a while if her heels was killing her, and even volunteered to exchange shoes since the latter was wearing sneakers that day. Irene unconsciously smiled the whole date, Wendy really do know how to take care of her date properly.

 

That, until they reached the beach.

 

The dark-haired girl decided to follow Seulgi’s tips on bringing Ire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter