bleeding love pt3

First Shot

The first person that Wendy fell in love with is Seulgi and the person that Seulgi wants to confess to has always been Wendy.

And the two best friends smile shyly at the knowledge.

Taking shy steps toward each other with red, puffy eyes. Evidence of the innocent tears that were shed.

“S-sorry!” they both apologize at the same time. Their stupidity and assumptions all thrown into that one word.

 “D-did Joohyun-unnie yelled at you too?” For being bumbling idiots who were so blinded by their own love that they didn’t see the love they each has. For each other.

Wendy nods timidly, a little guilty for all the roundabouts that they went thru.

“Wan-ah. The person I’m in love with is you.” Seulgi grabs Wendy’s hand, holding it tight so she can’t run away this time. “It has always been you.”

Wendy returns her confession with that affectionate gaze that she had mistaken for someone else’s. But it was for her this whole time. Only for her.

--

The first person that Seulgi thinks about is Wendy and the person that Wendy prioritizes has always been Seulgi.

And when she had to choose between her future and Seulgi, Wendy did not hesitate.

The people around her expressed how fortunate it is to study in such an acclaimed university but how can she be without Seulgi for 4 years. How can she be without her other half.

“Canada is only 14 hours away. And we can skype every day. I can come to visit you and you can come to visit me.” Her sweet and understanding girlfriend reassures her. “I believe our relationship can withstand the distance. Have faith it in, Wannie.” And Seulgi knows just the right words to say.

Absence makes their heart grow fonder and distance makes their relationship grow stronger.

Wendy spent the next 4 years in Canada but she left her heart in Korea with Seulgi. She didn’t take it with her. She can’t take it with her.

And when Wendy returned to Korea, Seulgi was there with open arms and a dazzling smile.

The same bright smile that only appears whenever Wendy is around. The same bright smile that appears because Wendy is around.

“I’ve missed you so much.” Seeing Wendy through a computer screen is just not enough. Hearing her voice through the phone is just not the same. Cuddling next to each other only on holidays just makes her want more.       

But they’re together now. Together again. And if need to, she will follow her next time. To wherever Wendy goes. To wherever Wendy is.

--

The person that Wendy always looks for first is Seulgi and the first person that Seulgi sees has always been Wendy.

And this remains true even years later.

When Seulgi proposed to her girlfriend of 9 years, Wendy is all Seulgi sees. Wendy is all Seulgi has ever seen.

Her vision narrows even further when her love nods enthusiastically at her proposal.

And all the night light that paints the city is dim when compared to the emotions that exploded in Seulgi’s heart.

“Yes, Seul! Yes, I will marry you!” Wendy lunges into her fiance’s embrace. Closing in the distance that was never there to begin with. “I can’t imagine being with anyone else but you.”  

She really can’t because all she wants to see is Seulgi’s loving smile first thing in the morning and Seulgi’s warm embrace last thing at night. All she sees is her future with Seulgi. All she has been seeing. And all she has ever wanted to see.

Wendy sees her love through the layers of happy tears that cloud her eyes. She watches as Seulgi smiles. She watches as Seulgi tears up. She watches as Seulgi fumbles to put the ring on her finger.

Her eyes never once left the girl that is in front of her. Never once.

--

The sounds that Seulgi looks out for is always Wendy's and the first voice that Wendy hears has always been Seulgi’s.

And when Seulgi said ‘I do,’ her voice rings louder than any church bells as she vows to always be there in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, “I will love you with all my heart, till death do us part."

"And I, Son Seungwan, take you to be my wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

Amidst the loud cheers and sobs, Seulgi’s soft ‘I love you, Wannie’ is all Wendy hears when the pastor pronounces them wife and wife.

Wendy did not even wait for permission before she pulls her wife in for a kiss. A kiss that still sends sparks and butterflies like they were back in high school again.

“I love you too, Seul.” I always have and always will.  

--

The first person that Wendy opened her heart to is Seulgi and the person that Seulgi gave her heart to is Wendy.

And they remind each other every day. For the past 40 years. And to the next decades.

With short texts and heartfelt notes. With lingering gazes and affectionate smiles. With sweet words and honest confessions.

Like they are high school crushes again. Like they are newly wedded couples. Like they are each other’s first love.

 “Good night, Wannie. I love you.” Seulgi whispers softly as she slips into bed. Next to her wife. Her best friend. Her soulmate. Next to the woman that she has spent the majority of her life with. Next to the woman that she wants to spend the rest of her life with.  

“I love you too,” Wendy mumbles the words in her sleep as she naturally wraps her arm around Seulgi’s waist. Holding her close like she is her other half. Holding her gently like she is her most precious memory. Holding her tight like she is her future. Because she is.

Never again will they not let their love be voiced. Never again will they not let their love be known. Never again.  


A/N: welp. that's the end of this story. and it'll be awhile before i write any more angst. not good for my heart. nor urs.

more fluffy fluff fluff in the future.