D : Better Day

Work of Heart

They walk in silence, Jungwoo didn’t say a word, both of them awkwardly just walking. Only the sounds of their footstep were all I heard. The little surprised by Baekhyun senior make her forget everything but now, the memory comes back.

 

“Jungwoo, you don’t need to send me right to my home, you can go now.” I said, holding back my steps.

 

Jungwoo look at me, his eyebrows furrowed, looking at me concernly. “Are you sure?”

 

I smiles back, nodding. “Don’t worry, I will be fine. It just steps away from here.”

 

“Alright then, if you said so. See you tomorrow” Jungwoo nods, he wave his hand before he walk away.

 

I let out a big sight as soon as Jungwoo’s figure out of my sight. I take my steps, still wondering if I should go back home.

 

Even if I go back home, no one there. She thought. She miss her brother so much, it been months since he went for active military duty and going home will only hurt her more. She feels so lonely. Bet her mom went away for her job. Her dad? He dumped her already.

 

Her foot didn’t bring her to her house, she stop by the playground near to her house. “I need some fresh air and alone time perhaps.”

 

She sits on the swing, theres no one here but she can listen to people laughing from the houses around the playground. It’s hurt more to be lonely when people around are happy.

 

She look at the see saw next to the swing. Her parents used to bring her to this playground and watch her playing with her brother. It was good old days when both her parents arent rich and spent more time at home. Those time when her mom are just normal designer from a small boutique, those days when her dad business wasn’t this successful. She understands its their dream but- she wonder does their dream doesn’t include a happy family.

 

The memories keep flashing back, without she realising, tears flowed down her cheeks and her heart ache again remembering how her father pushed her away just now. She looks down, the tears fall like dam, it’s hurting so much that she clutches upon her chest, gasping some air in between of her sobs.

 

“You said you gonna be fine” A voice appears behind her, she quickly wiped off her tears. That voice is so familiar that she doesnt need to look up.

 

“Go Jungwoo, you cant see me like this” Yerin said, she hides her face with her hands as she hold back the tears.

 

“You cant be alone in the dark, though” Jungwoo said as he sits on his knee infront of her, he slowly reached his hand to move yerin’s hand away. He hold on her hand tight. Yerin’s hand trembling so hard that Jungwoo pats her hand with his fingers, to comfort her.

 

“It’s okay, you will be fine. You’re stronger than you ever know” Jungwoo said as his other hand wipes off the tears on her cheek.

 

“What did I ever did them wrong?” Yerin burst out, crying again. “Why is it so hard to be a happy family? Hm? What did I do to deserve this? Why me? Why?”

 

Jungwoo quickly hug her, patting her back. “Yerin-ah.. it’s okay”

 

“hm?” In between her sobs.

 

“Lets do something crazy” Jungwoo whisper. Yerin blink.

 

“What crazy?”

 

“Trust me, it will be fun!” He look at the watch on his hand. “Quick! We will miss the last bus!”

 

“Ww-what? Where are you bringing me?” Yerin stutters but Jungwoo already hold her hand and she has to follow his footstep.

 

As soon as they reached the bus stop, the last bus arrived. Jungwoo grins happily while Yerin still confuse of what Jungwoo had in mind, she just trust him.

 

They walk up the bus stairs and choose the seats right at the back of the bus.

 

“Where are we going honestly?” Yerin ask.

 

“Hm, the beach.”

 

Yerin eyes widen, “We have school tomorrow?”

 

“Let’s be bad once in a while.”