review » Simplebeauty

⊱maknaehyun's⊰ » graphics & review » closed

 

Project love by Simplybeauty
Reviewed by kynanyx
Copyrighted; maknaehyun's

 

Title: 7/10
Its alright, but it did not really catch my attention. I would suggest, Project L.O.V.E . It makes it sound more cooler & entice your readers more.

Foreword/Description: 8/15 
It was quite short, but it did make me have the urge to continue reading, but I felt that the story was going to be abit cliche. You could have given some hints about the ending so that the readers will be curious to find out what is going to happen & eventually read your entire story.

Poster/Trailer: 7/10
The character placement was abit messy, but I liked the fonts used in the poster. It was neat & suited the mood in the story.

Plot: 13/20
T
he plot is quite predictable cause currently there is no interesting part in the front chapters but when I read chapter 9, I can sense I'll be more interesting. The volleyball part was quite interesting, its been so long since I've since anyone write about a volleyball scene in their story,

Writing: 6/10
Its was neat in the first 2 chapters, but when it came to chapter 3, I couldnt understand a thing. Everything was squeezed into a paragraph. But at chapter 4, it became a little bit better. Things to take note. Keep constant in your writing, so that it would not affect/confuse your readers. Ask your readers frequently if they liked your writing style. If majority does not like it, make an effort to change it, to a more neater & more understandable writing style.

Flow: 7/10
Since you have not ended your story, I cannot really judge, but I'd say its going abit to fast&slow. Fast referring to the part when Kyuhyun confessed to Seohyun. Slow referring to the number of chapters it took for Kyuhyun to confess to Seohyun. The only reason for that to occur is cause your chapters are quite short.

Language {Vocab/Grammar/Spelling}: 2/5
Tears almost brims my eyes ✗
Tears started to brim my eyes ✓
Just by reading the sentence, its all wrong.

"I just want to invite you to lets go out tommorow" ✗
“I want to invite you to go out tommorow ✓
Lets go out tommorow!" ✓
I'm not sure if you suddenly forgot to write something in between, but the sentence structure is not there. Is it inviting her to somewhere or just telling her to go out.

You have to watch your tone, Kyuhyun could be speaking nicely to Seohyun but readers may mistake it due to the way you write your sentence. In the following sentence, I spot no punctuation & wrong tense.

" yah seohyun shii do you need something " he ask
" Ne seohyun shii, do you need something " he asked ✓

I understand what you meant by ' yah ' but it doesnt fit the sentence so I changed it to ' Ne ' meaning ' yes ' It fits better.

Try your best not to write in short forms. Example: txt > text . 
Sometimes in the dialoges, I get confused on who is talking. For example in chapterI'm not sure if its Sunny speaking or Seohyun speaking.
There are terribly alot of grammar & spelling mistakes, including missing punctuations in all the chapters, that I can't list all of them down. I just list all those important ones.

Just remember, when writing a sentence, try to say it out. If it sounds weird, rewrite it again, since you've stated English being your first language, I don't think you should have a problem with this kind of thing.

Ending: 0/10
-

Overall Enjoyment: 12/20
Overall, I loved the how you intrigued Kyuhyun to confess to Seohyun, that refers to the volleyball part when Seohyun got injured. But I'd love it more if you had elaborated Kyuhyun's concern for her, like what he did to make her feel better & stuff.
When I started to read your story, I did not have the urge to read on due to the numerous spelling mistakes & the chapters did not have a main point. 
There are quite alot of spelling mistakes so you did not score well for your language.

Total: 62/100 I'm sure you could've done better if your languaged improved. & you need to have more creativity in your story. Don't make it too predictable. I hope you will apply all that I have reviewed in your future storys :)  & I hope I have not hurt or offended you in anyway. I just wanna help you improve ;) Looking forward to reading the remaining of your chapters. Update soon ;) And I'm terribly sorry for the delay of the review >< & remember to leave a link back here :)

p/s poster not from maknaehyuns'