Chapter 6

Mayday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yeobo, will you be in a night shift next week ?" Joohyun asks her husband as soon as her husband enters their shared bedroom with a towel on his wet hair. He had just arrived from hospital and it is quite late since he had an urgent major surgery just now. He arrived home at 10 PM, a few hours late from his usual morning shift and straightly had a dinner with his wife before he excused himself to freshen up. Chanho is already asleep while waiting for his father and Joohyun does not froget to tell her husband about it during their late dinner to which Jinyoung felt guilty. He did not forget to enter his son's room before he went to shower. 

"Yes, why ?" Jinyoung asks back while he plugs in the charger to charge his phone as he did not have the chance to charge it at the hospital. When he hears nothing comes from his dear wife, he looks at her with his raised eyebrows.

"Nothing. Just asking though." Joohyun says and pats the space in front of her asking her husband to sit down so that she can massage him. When her husband already sits comfortably in front of her, Joohyun then puts both her hands on his stiff shoulders and it only takes her a few seconds before she can hear him in relief. She can feel how stiff they are and she presses it harder while constantly looking at him, afraid that he is hurt.

"How many surgeries did you have today, hmm ?" She asks and begins to hit his back with her knuckles.

"Two surgeries in the morning and a major surgery during this evening. It was an emergency surgery. Thank God both mother and the baby alive. We managed to save them." Jinyoung tells his wife and he hears her mutters 'that's relief'. Joohyun then lets out an 'hmm' when her dear husband turns around and looks at her.

"How was your day ?" He asks as he holds into his wife's thigh. Joohyun lets out of chuckles before she decides to speak.

"Nothing's interesting. Just usual and a boring 9-5 routine." They both laugh and Jinyoung stops his wife from massaging him before he turns around only to bring himself and his wife to lie down a their bed. He does not forget to thank her and brings her closer to him to place his wife's head on top of his chest.

"You can actually tell me everything. I will listen. Not only your work. You can rant about your morning when you rode a subway this morning. Who knows someone had messed up your day." Jinyoung says only to earn laughters from his wife and she quickly cups afraid that she would disturb her mother in law and their son who were sleeping.

"I saw a notification from Chanho's playschool during my short break earlier. They will be having a parent-teacher meet-up next week." Her husband informs making Joohyun lets out an 'Oh' upon remembering she also received the information earlier. She lifts her head from her husband's chest and looks at him making Jinyoung to look back at her. She makes a mental note to apply for a half day leave tomorrow and she also hopes that she does not forget.

"You will be on duty right ? It's okay if you cannot make it. I will update you." She says tapping on her husband's cheeks only to earn a frown on his face. There is no way he will let his wife goes alone when it comes to their family matters especially it is their son's matters.

"No need. I want to go too and listen hows's our baby in his playschool."

Joohyun lets out a warm smile and puts her head back on her husband's sturdy chest. She is really glad that her husband takes his part in their son's matter and never missed any of them. He might be busy however, he will try to make his time for his small family. When Joohyun hears a soft snore coming from her husband, she slowly lifts her head not wanting to wake him up so that she can look at his peaceful face. She really loves seeing his sleeping face. They have been married for nearly a year and she really feels so blessed to have him as her husband, to have his mother as her mother in law whom she never treats her as an outsider and as well as their son.

She is happy. Extremely happy with her life right now. However, there is one thing that she really wishes and she really wants. To be able to give her husband his own baby even though he has repeatedly said that he is fine with Chanho. He never pressures her but Joohyun thinks otherwise. She wants to get pregnant again and she wants to give him his own baby. His and her baby. She feels disappointed every time she gets her perioed every month.

"Jagiya, are you okay ?"

Joohyun wakes up from her reverie when she feels her husband's hand on top of her hand that is placed on top of her thigh. She gives him an awkward smile and fixes her pose inside their car. They had just came back from Chanho's playschool and Jinyoung decided to drop his wife in front of her office as she only took a half day leave while her husband is on leave today. She then looks around realizing that her husband has parked their car right before the entrance of her office lobby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter