Chapter-19

In A Way You Never Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NO ONE POV

after Debby hang up. Chorong told her members to pack their things.

She went to her room and pack her things too.

she just can't comprehend why The Grullins brothers must have to go this far.

"Chorong unnie, are you already done?" she heard Namjoo asked from outside of her room.

"Yes! Let's go guys." She replied, running out of her room to meet her members.

they decided to use the back door and sneakily went out their dorm.

"Unnie, Are you sure Debby ah will meet us there?" Eunji asked as soon as they ride the car.

Chorong is the one who drives for them.

"Yes. She said that we just need to hurry." Chorong responded while trying to check if someone had follow them.

luckily none was seen following them from behind.

 

 

 

 

---

 

NAEUN POV

after my talk with my sister, i decided to go out and visits the park i saw on my way from the grocery store last time.

i have to think about what Saeun ah told me, i mean there is a possibility that Haze is send here by Hayoungie or am i just hoping for it?

i wear a white v neck shirt, a blue faded jeans, an adidas shoes and a black cap.

I texted my sister telling her that i'll be out in awhile, putting my phone back while waiting for the cab.

after 15 minutes a cab stop infront of me, asking me where i'd go.

"To Avan Park." I curtly replied when i get in.

"Alright mam." He replied before driving away.

 

 

AFTER SOME TIME

I arrived infront at the entrance of the park. 

'Wow. This park is beautiful.' I thought in awe.

i walk inside and get mesmerized by the view, stopping near the kiddies playground.

'eh what is she doing here?' I thought as i saw a familiar face sitting on the bench.

i slowly walk to her and stop behind her, tapping her on her back.

she slowly turns around and got surprised to see me.

"Naeun? What are you doing here? Are you alone? Who's with you?" She asked a series of question.

Glancing behind me to see if i'm with someone before diverting her eyes to me.

she was wearing a blue cap, a gray sweater with a blue Jacket and a faded gray jeans.

"I was strolling the park alone, i just wanted to breathe fresh air. How about you?" I asked back.

she tap the space beside her. "Take a seat first."

 

 

 

HAZE POV

It was afternoon when i decided to go to the park just near our neighbourhood.

i need to see the construction they did just beside the park.

dad said that even though i don't want to be in the business world, he wants me to atleast show a little interest to it.

i'm just glad that the meeting with Mr. Ryan had gone well.

atleast i help my dad a little with his business.

My cousin Jordan left after that, he said that he is needed somewhere.

If i know, he is just going to meet with his girlfriend.

----

Arriving at the construction site, i saw those workers really works hard. I smile knowing that dad had put a trustful workers here. I sneakily walk away and went to the park.

As usual it's actually not crowded like the other parks, that's why i like spending time here.

i was busy staring at the kids who played football when i felt someone tap my shoulder.

i turn around to see a familiar face, making me surprised..

"Naeun? What are you doing here? Are you alone? Who's with you?" I asked a series of question. Glancing behind her to search for her companion.

"I was strolling the park alone, to breathe fresh air. How about you?" She asked back.

"take a seat first." I tap the space beside me.

She nods her head then sits next to me.

"I came here to check on something. It's really nice to see you again." I replied, smiling at her.

she smiles back. "Nice seeing you again too."

We are sitting in a comfortable silence, just watching the kids play.

"So, uhm. Do you have somewhere to go on the next 2 days?" I asked killing the silence.

She stops fiddling with her hands then stare at me. "You mean on monday?"

I nod my head anticipating her reply.

"No, i'll be staying at home. Why?" She asked curiously.

"Would you come if i invite you to go somewhere?" I asked again instead of answering her.

She was taken aback by what i said then she began to get lost in her own thought.

i was worried that she might reject it so i wanted to take back what i said.

"Oh, uhmm. forget about what i sai---" but i got cut off by her.

"Yeah. I'll go with you." She replied making me shocked.

"Wait?! Did you just s---" but she cut me off again.

"Yes. Why are you so surprised Haze?" She asked smiling.

"Uh, eh. I just can't believe that you'll go with me on monday. Thanks Naeun." I said sincerely. Scratching my head.

she tops me on my shoulder. "It's Nothing. Anyway i have to go. Saeun might think that i got ki---" but she didn't got to finished her sentence when i push her down slowly.

i saw someone tried to shoot her or maybe she was just blocking the shooter's view, so my instinct is to pushed her down slowly.

"Sorry.." i mumbled while hovering on top of her.

i saw the people running panicky.

crap. Who would do this?

i get up and pull her up slowly but at the same time pulled her closer to me.

I look around to search for the culprit while protecting Naeun in my arms.

but the guy wasn't in the park anymore.

I decided to walk her home.

 

 

---

I look at her concernly.

did that culprit really target Naeun or that bullet wasn't mean for her and she is just blocking his view?

she smiles at me. "Can you stay for awhile? I want to assure you and myself that i am safe here." She asked softly then looked at her feet.

"You not need to ask twice, Of course i will stay here. I want to keep you safe." She lifts her head faster than the lightning then stared at me intently making me nervous if i said something wrong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NAEUN POV

I was looking at my feet when i asked her that. but when i heard what she said, i lift my head faster than the lightning and stare at her intently.

it was what Hayoungie told me before when i got scared and asked her to stay.

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK:

We were having our concert tour in Singapore.

they were deciding on who is going to be roommates with who.

i sneakily clings on Hayoung's right arm and i feel her squeezed my hand.

"Let's play rock-paper-scissor. The first one who win can choose what room she'll be in." Chorong unnie explained glancing to each one of us.

"How many room do we have unnie?" Bomi unnie asked.

"We have 3 . We are choosing from LUV room, MR. CHU room and I'M SO SICK room." Chorong unnie answered. 

"Let's start." Chorong unnie started.

"Rock-paper-scissors." We all said then look at each others hand.

we saw Eunji unnie jumped in victory.

we did it again, this time it is Hayoungie who wins.

"Wahhh.. what if i lose." Bomi unnie said worriedly.

then we played again. Chorong unnie is the winner in the third game.

the fourth winner is Namjoo ah.

I sighed.

it was between me and Bomi unnie.

"Rock-paper-scissor!!" We shouted at the same time.

But i lost unfortunately.

Eunji unnie when first inside the hotel followed by Hayoungie.

'i hope i can be roommate with Hayoungie.' I mumbled waiting for my cue.

atlast it was me who is going to choose room.

i was looking between MR. CHU, LUV and I'M SO SICK.

i walk slowly and hold the knob. "This is it." I exhaled.

i open it and saw no one inside.

"Eh? Does it mean i'm going to occupy this huge room alone?" I said confusedly to myself.

i saw them coming in from the door.

"Wow, you are really lucky Naeun ah. To have this room all to yourself." Bomi unnie commented in awe.

"So the roommates are Me and Bomi ah in MR. CHU. Eunji ah, Namjoo ah and Hayoung ah in LUV. and Naeun ah in I'M SO SICK. Let's sleep now guys. We are still early for tomorrow." Chorong unnie said leading them out of my room.

i sneak a glance to Hayoungie who smiles back at me before going out.

 

 

 

 

---

I seat on the couch facing the glass window.

what do i do now?

I know i like being in a silent place because i find peace with it.

but i don't want to be alone.

What is she doing right now though?

is she playing with Eunji unnie and Namjoo ah?

I admit that before i got jealous when she spends more time with either Eunji unnie or Namjoo ah. I didn't know yet that they have feelings for each other.

I jump in my seat because i was surprised when i heard a loud thunder followed by lightning.

I wanted Hayoung to be here or maybe i should just go to where she is.

So i get up and walk closely to the door.

i was surprised when i saw her leaning on the wall facing my room.

'Has she been there standing for awhile?' I thought.

she wave her right hand to me then walk closer to me putting her hand on the pocket of her jeans.

"I heard the thunder so i came here to make sure you are okay." She said cooly.

I walk to her and hug her tightly and whisper into her ear. "Do you want to stay the night?"

i feel her nod her head. "You not need to ask twice unnie, Of course i will stay here. I want to keep you safe." She replied softly.

that night she cuddled with me. And we were both happy just in each others arm.

It's when my mind doesn't know that i have been loving Hayoung for so long.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

"You are crying? Did i say something wrong?" i heard Haze said concernly bringing me back to the harsh reality.

I didn't know that i zoned out just by staring at her.

i feel her hands touching my cheeks.

"I'm sorry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter