prelude

the playlist

It was one of those mornings that were filled with soft rains, warm coffees, and melodies that brought memories. 

 

Lu Han woke up to a not so bright room even when the curtains were all opened. He intended to stay in bed listening to the soft patters of the rain against the window when he heard a melody that was long forgotten but strangely familiar. Instead of being curious as to who was playing the piano downstairs, he took his time to get out of bed and arrange his blankets and pillows. He groaned when he walked to the door for it was not the easiest thing to do for an eighty-year-old man.

 

“Ziyu, come help me go downstairs!” Lu Han called for his eldest child when he went out of his room. After a few moments, Ziyu arrived and held his father’s hand. He was the first child that Lu Han’s eyes followed when he first visited the orphanage back in Seoul. He wanted to have a child that was as loveable as the child who smiled at him and looked at him with his big brown eyes. After a few years, Lu Han got married and adopted Ziyu. This child is Lu Han’s strength.

 

“Have you seen your brother?” Lu Han asked as they made their way downstairs. 

 

“He’s playing the piano downstairs.” Ziyu smiled at his father and continued to guide him until they got to the final step. Lu Han was already tired after his trip down the stairs so Ziyu made him sit by the living room and went to the kitchen to finish preparing their breakfast.

 

“Good morning, baba.” Haowen greeted his father when he saw Lu Han sitting on the sofa by the window. Just like Ziyu, Haowen was also adopted. He was around five when they got him out of the orphanage. Haowen has always been a bright boy. He was smart and dedicated. He loved music as much as how Lu Han’s husband loved it. Haowen is Lu Han’s light.

 

“Good morning, Haowen. May I ask where you learned those melodies you were playing awhile ago?” Lu Han looked at his son and smiled.

 

“Oh, I saw this old music notebook in appa’s cabinet. I tried playing the ones he wrote, it’s actually really good.” Lu Han seemed a little lost and eventually smiled a small sad one.

 

“Can I…” Lu Han whispered, “can I take a look?”

 

“Sure thing baba!” Haowen beamed and gave the notebook to his father.

 

“Can you please get my glasses in the bedroom?” Lu Han asked nicely and Haowen made his way upstairs.

 

Lu Han took a deep breath before looking through the old pages of the notebook he’s holding. This was his husband’s life and he was sure that he lived a very beautiful one.

 

“Sehun-ah.” He whispered as he read the lyrics of the song they wrote together back in college. 

 

 

 

 

ok i'm sorry it's not a fluffy introduction but i swear this fic is majority fluff!!! since i at angst hehe