ch 9

Your next schedule is....me

It was a rather awkward place to be, Yerin was seated next to Sowon at a desk they pulled from the side to separate the sisters just a bit, to make sure they had something to 'hide' behind. Under the table, Sowon's hand was gripping Yerin's tightly, but not painfully tight.

"Y-yewon ah."

Sowon flinched as she saw Yewon turn her head away, refusing to look forwards, Yuju sighed and held Yewon's head and forced her to look forwards, her surpised eyes met Sowon's for a second before she forced her eyes down.

Taking a shaky breath, Sowon tried again, Yerin rubbed comforting circles into the back of Sowon's hand.

"Y-yewon ah. I....I'm sorry."

Yerin could see the tears building at the edges of Sowon's eyelashes, wanting to brush them aside but could not, she shuffled a little to pull out her packet of tissues just in case.

"Unnie didn't mean to run away when I should have tried to make sure you were ok before checking to see if you still had enough for your med school."

Hearing Sowon's voice shake make Yerin sad, she tried not to look at Sowon, in fear of bursting into empathetic tears. Looking over at Yuna, she saw a ssimilar situation. Yuna's expression mirrored Yewon's, but her emotions had a goal. Nudging Yewon to answer the silence, Yuna nodded softly.

"I...."

Sowon quickly brushed her tears aside, finally hearing her little sister's voice for the first time since their fight years ago.

"....I want to say I'm sorry too."

Tears finally fell from Yewon's eyes, Sowon held back the urge to reach over and hug her.

"What for?"

"For yelling at you and blaming you. I messed up last time. A-and, then I felt like I had no face to show you after what I did."

"I don't hate you for it Yewon ah."

"I'm sorry un-.....Sojung unnie."

Sowon's tears finally broke free, falling like raindrops on a window. A small smile grew on Yerin's face as Sowon pulled her closer, she was glad they were making up.

"I-I..what I say now will never fix what I said back then. But I regret it. Pushing you away. It's just hard."

"I understand."

Yuna patted Yewon's back softly, Yerin couldn't help but notice how much closer Yuna seemed to Yewon. Glancing over at Sowon, she noticed the actress beginning to piece herself together, and be an example. But that wasn't right. Sowon should be allowed to cry when she wanted to, she shouldn't need to act.

Reaching her other hand, Yerin pulled Sowon by the shoulder to a hug, pushing Sowon's forehead to her collarbone.

"Unnie, I know you want to cry. Just cry. I'll cover you."

Feeling Sowon's hand grip into her jacket tightly, she patted her actress's back comfortingly, letting her wet the front of her jacket.

After a while of crying on both parties, they were awkward again, but this time, without hostility or hurt. Just innocent, and scared, don't know what to say.

"Why don't you two exchange phone numbers."

They looked at Yerin, she shrugged her shoulders, was that such a bad idea?

Sowon pulled her phone from her pocket and slipped it across the table.

"You didn't unlock it?"

"It's your birthday."

Yerin watched as Yewon keyed in her birthday, her eyes widening as it was the same day as hers. Still, she kept it to herself, it wasn't the time to be excited yet. Sending herself a text, Yewon slide the phone back to Sowon, who just put it back into her pocket without looking.

"I....I might always be busy, you might as well. I won't expect you to message me. But, I'll still visit you on the weekends. Is....is that alright?"

Yewon finally nodded and a knock at the door startled them.

"Choi Yuna? You have a summons to the chief's office."

"Oops, I'm in trouble. Yewon ah, I trust that you can handle yourself?"

"I will. Thanks Yuna unnie, I'll treat you to something later."

Then Yerin's phone buzzed.

"Yes team leader?"

Sowon stared, worriedly at Yerin as Yewon fumbled her fingers across the table.

"I have to go in? No! No no, I'll be right there. Sowon unnie? She's with me, why?"

Yerin's hand found Sowon's again unconciously, intertwining their fingers out of nervousness.

"Oh, okay. I'll bring her as soon as possible. Yes, yes, I'll see you later team leader. Bye."

Sighing and putting her phone in her pocket again, Yerin pulled Sowon to stand up, putting on her jacket for her.

"I'm so sorry Sowon unnie and Yewon. But there's a meeting I need to attend, and team leader wanted to see Sowon unnie. We'll have to leave now to get the car and go to the agency."

"It's fine. We....don't know what to talk about right now anyways."

"Yea."

Hearing Yewon agree with her made Sowon smile, it was like a bit of her burden had been lifted, slowly but surely.

"Aw, you two siblings should just hug and then text each other when work is over okay?"

"Yerin, you're being awfully forward."

"I am? Well, you guys are just being sooooo awkward. I had to, sorry?"

Sowon just chuckled a bit and waved her off. Instead of a hug, she stuck out her hand to Yewon, who confusedly took it.

"I don't think I have earned the right to hug you yet. But! I will redeem myself. From now on, I will be in your care."

"Likewise."

They shook on it and Yerin pouted. These siblings were both weird to their own right, it didn't sit right with her, but what else could she do?

"Well, we'll be heading out now. Good luck with your work....Yewon ah."

"Sure thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin held hands with Sowon as they walked out of the hospital, she noticed that Sowon kept pulling her scarf up to hide the bottom half of her face every once in a while when it fell down due to gravity.

"Unnie? What are you doing that for?"

"Huh? N-nothing."

It wasn't nothing, Yerin could tell. But after observing Sowon for a while longer, she realized what the actress was trying to hide.

She was smiling under that scarf.

===================

wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee an early one because why not? wonrin sailllllllllllllllllllllll