Chapter 2

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV. 

 

Taemin was falling down the stairs.

Taemin fell down the stairs.

 

My mind was blank. I could no longer feel anything – all I knew was that Lee Taemin I love was now at the bottom of the staircase, hugging Yoogeun, who was unhurt. My heart clenched as I noticed that Taemin’s head was bleeding, and he was looking at Yoogeun so lovingly despite his frown emitting that he was feeling pain all over his body clearly.

 

As I neared, I saw him mumbling to Yoogeun, and then he closed his eyes.

 

No. Don’t close your eyes.

 

I have read many stories and watched many shows – I know what does it mean to close your eyes with your head bleeding like that. I just hoped that this wasn’t some TV series and that Taemin was still okay.

I was by his side now. I caressed his cheeks but he gave me no response.

 

“Taemin! Taemin!”

 

Yoogeun was shaking Taemin as well. “Appa?”

I checked his neck for his pulse. He was still breathing.

 

“Ambulance is here!”

 

The rest was a blur. I remembered catching a glimpse of Yoogeun’s mother getting her son. I recalled Jonghyun hyung pulling Key up to his feet, holding him as his shoulders shook in heavy sobs.

“Minho, let go. They need to treat his wound. Come on!”

I watched helplessly as the paramedics carried Taemin on a stretcher, my eyes following him before someone had pushed me to follow them into the ambulance. A tight squeeze was on my own shoulder and I looked to my right side. Jinki was looking at me.


“Taeminnie will be okay.”
 

I nodded silently.

 

“Don’t cry, Minho. Pull yourself together.”

 

I hadn’t realized I was crying. I hadn’t cried for a while now, but I couldn’t help it. I was shaking – the thought of Taemin leaving me was too much.

 

“He was really lonely, you know.”

 

I choked for a bit before looking at Jinki again. We were inside the ambulance – heading to the nearest hospital.

 

“I know you love Yoogeun. Everyone does.” Jinki said carefully, “You make a good father, Minho. But I think you haven’t been a good boyfriend to Taemin lately…”

 

He stopped there and I was thankful for that. I didn’t wish to hear him say anymore – my guilty conscience was killing me.

 

I took Taemin’s motionless hand and entwined our fingers.

 

Please be okay, Taeminnie. I’m sorry.

 

 

***

 

 

Author’s POV.

 

It felt like forever before Taemin opened his eyes again. For the few hours, Minho had been really miserable and the rest of the members had been worried to death. When Taemin regained his consciousness, it was already afternoon of the following day and all the members were around.

 

“TAEMIN!”

 

Minho was (of course) the one who noticed Taemin stirring. Everyone else quickly gathered next to the bed.

 

“Taeminnie! My baby! You’re awake!”

“Taemin-ah! Oh my God, thank God!”

“Taemin… Are you feeling okay? Do you feel painful anywhere?”

“Taemin-ah…”

 

The said boy blinked a few times, observing the four older boys who were surrounding him. His head was throbbing slightly, he tried to recognize anyone of them, but his mind was like a blank piece of paper… He realized he couldn’t remember a thing.

 

“Who are you?”

 

Silence followed – and Minho’s heart sank even deeper as Taemin’s words registered.

 

“T-Taemin-ah… Do you not remember us? Do you… not remember me?”

 

“Who is Taemin?”

 

Key’s knees gave away and he slumped to the floor. Jonghyun’s jaws were agape. Jinki looked like a bus just ran past him, and Minho… he looked like he just died.

 

“N-Nurse.” Minho recovered. “C-Call for a nurse.”

 

 

***

 

 

“He must have hit his heard pretty hard… It’s a temporary amnesia.” The doctor concluded, “keep talking to him, he might regain his memory slowly, bits by bits.”

 

Jinki didn’t know what to do anymore. He was the leader of the group so he obviously had to put his feelings behind the rest – and now Key looked so vulnerable he wondered where the almighty side went off to, Jonghyun was a crying mess, and he had never seen Minho looked so disoriented before. As the oldest, he had to do something – anything – but he couldn’t think straight.

 

So he did the only thing he could do.

He smiled – his sangtae, Jinki smile – and sat beside Taemin.

 

“Your name is Taemin. Lee Taemin.” He told the boy slowly. “And I’m Lee Jinki. People call me Onew.”

 

The rest of the members froze for a few seconds before joining Jinki to introduce themselves. Taemin stared at them with interest, and when he replied in formal languages, Minho heart cracked slightly wider.


“I’m Minho… Choi Minho.” Minho managed. “I’m the rapper of the group and…” I’m also your boyfriend. Minho gulped, “… And I hope you remember me soon.”



***



Minho was drained – mentally and physically. Hello Baby was put into a hiatus for the moment since it was impossible to film with Taemin’s condition.

A week after the accident, Taemin’s wound has closed and the doctor announced to everyone that he could go home in a few days time. That afternoon, the Shinee members gathered in Taemin’s ward again, determined to not let Taemin feel lost or alone, as he couldn’t remember a thing.

 

Taemin was laughing heartily at a joke Jonghyun just made. Key made a face and rolled his eyes, while Jinki, being the sangtae he was, was clearly looking lost, not understanding what Jonghyun had just said.

 

Minho pondered for a while. When did he last see Taemin laughing so happily? He had been seeing Taemin down for quite some time now – not knowing why – but then again… He didn’t ask, did he?

 

Surprisingly, he didn’t miss Yoogeun that much despite not seeing the child for five days already. And yet, throughout this whole week, Minho felt a kind of longing for Taemin. The fact that the maknae had lost his memories had made Minho miserable.

 

So near yet so far, Minho thought, as he gazed at Taemin who was now gulping down a glass of water that Jinki just got for him.

 

“I’m sorry, the visiting hours are over.”

 

One by one the Shinee members said goodbye to Taemin, the maknae pouted cutely as he mumbled, “you will come back tomorrow, right?”

When it was Minho’s turn to say something, Minho couldn’t speak. He just stared at Taemin, throat blocked, heart filled with mixed emotions.

 

It seemed that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter