Chapter 3

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s eyes were set on his bedroom’s ceiling. His mind was replaying the scene of a crying Taemin after he had told the maknae about their photographs.

 

“Taemin-ah, what’s wrong?” Minho cupped Taemin’s cheeks. “Does it hurt anywhere?”

“H-Hyung… Hyung…” Taemin sobbed. “Why am I crying?”

“I-I don’t know…”

“Hyung, my head hurts…”

“Taeminnie, wait… Jinki hyung!” Minho called as he hugged Taemin who was shaking from crying.

Steps were heard and soon the bedroom door burst open, revealing Jinki who looked worried along with Key and Jonghyun behind him.

“What’s wrong, Minho-ah?”

“Taemin…”

The maknae was gasping as he pressed his palm on his head. Minho gave the three older boys a helpless look before Jinki fumbled with his cell phone, calling the hospital.

 

The doctor had informed them that it was normal for someone who knocked their head to have mild concussion – feeling slight headache every now and then especially in Taemin’s case, since he was straining himself to remember things. And Minho did not want Taemin to strain himself because it hurts seeing Taemin like that – crying and hurting.

He grabbed his cell phone and stared at the wallpaper. It was a picture taken during their first date – Taemin and Minho were eating ice cream in a park nearby. Taemin had some chocolate syrup on his cheek and Minho was it for him when he heard a shutter sound and Taemin had smirked in victory. The maknae had joked about it afterwards, calling him ert and all, but they both loved this picture as much as they both loved that Dream Team picture Taemin saw in his own room.

Just then, the time on his cell phone turned to 11:11PM. Minho was never one who believed in teenage girls’ phenomenon (about how your wish would come true if you wished it at 11:11), but if there was any point of his life he’d do anything for something, now is the time.

“I wish Taemin would regain his memories soon.” He murmured as he closed his eyes, droplet of tears he had tried to hold back earlier on slipping onto his cheeks.

Minho was never one who cries a lot, but seeing Taemin like that turned him into a crybaby at the moment.

 

 

**

 

 

Taemin buried his head into his pillow. The room was dark – the sun has not risen up yet and there he was, awake from another strange dream. It was not even a nightmare, it was like flashes of everything – scenes dissolving after another – and most of them consist of Minho calling for his name repeatedly.

He had been having the same kind of dream for a few nights already and it was making him scared. For the past few days, everyone has been nothing but helpful in helping him to remember things. He was more than grateful for their kindness, he put in his every being into squeezing his brain hard to recall at least a tiny bit of the memories he lost.

“What’s wrong, Taeminnie?” A sleepy Jinki sat at the edge of his bed. “Can’t sleep?”

“No, hyung.” Taemin whispered back, afraid to wake Key up since he was a light sleeper. “I had a weird dream.”

“You tend to frown a lot when you’re irritated… Especially when you just wake up.” Jinki smiled and patted Taemin’s head. “Go to sleep, maknae.”

Jinki’s gesture was oddly familiar in Taemin’s mind. Does Jinki always do this to him? Taemin closed his eyes and relaxed, welcoming back the sleepiness creeping his eyes.

“Night, hyung.” He mumbled before he fell asleep again.

Jinki brushed Taemin’s fringe as the younger boy’s breathing even out, and after a few minutes he finally moved to peck Taemin’s forehead before getting into his own bed.

 

 

**

 

 

“We’ll be home real soon, Minho-yah. It’s just Star King recording and you know how they are really efficient.” Jonghyun promised.

“Take care of Taemin. Don’t corrupt my son.” Key told the rapper. “Jinki hyung has a musical practice tonight, he won’t be back so early… The painkiller is in the cabinet, and you both make sure you eat something for dinner, okay.”

“Yes, umma, now get lost.” Minho rolled his eyes.

“YAH! HOW DARE YOU–“

“LET’S GO, YEOBO, BYE MINHO!” Jonghyun quickly pulled Key away before the latter could kill Minho with the almighty spatula.

Minho let out a long breath as the door closed and the JongKey couple left the dorm. He then glanced to the couch, where Taemin was absentmindedly flipping through the TV channels, bored.

“Taemin?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you hungry?”

“Quite.” Taemin replied and adjusted his position to face Minho.

“Shall we go out?” Minho suggested. “I can show you places around the dorm… May be it’ll help you recall something?”

Taemin’s expression brightened considerably. He let out an enthusiastic “Okay!” before running into his bedroom to get changed.

The Taemin that Minho knew hated staying home doing nothing, so Minho was not surprised at all that Taemin seemed really happy at the idea of going out. Minho swiftly changed into a pair of jeans and black t-shirt before grabbing his cell phone, keys and wallet. He took the painkiller tablets from the cabinet as well, just in case Taemin’s head hurt again.

Ten minutes later, the two youngest of Shinee were already walking out of their dorm, heading towards a nearby restaurant. Minho told Taemin that the five of them are frequent customers there, that the ahjumma is a very nice 50 years old woman with 2 kids, and that Taemin loves to eat the ddeokbokki there.

“Is the ddeokbokki really that heavenly?” Taemin wondered. “Whoa, my stomach is grumbling already.”

Minho chortled as he watched the maknae’s cheeks puffed slightly. He could not help feeling another pang of longing.

“Hyung, do you always do that?” Taemin’s question snapped him back to reality.

“Do what?”

“Frown.” Taemin stopped and reached forward, placing his hand on Minho’s temple, massaging it gently. “I always notice you frowning when you look at me.”

“I’m sorry, it’s nothing.” Minho blushed faintly at the contact.

 

He then took Taemin’s hand and interlaced their fingers, making Taemin blush as well. They continued walking hand in hand. Taemin was smiling in bliss now, and Minho’s heart warmed at the sight.

To Taemin, Minho was a hyung he was very comfortable being with. He seemed to enjoy Minho’s presence – he felt safe, and he loves the feeling in his chest whenever they touched. Taemin kept on having a thought that before his memory was lost; Minho had to be his lover or something like that. So does that mean that Taemin is gay?

 

The younger innocently stared at the rapper, both of them now sitting opposite of each other, eating rice cakes and a few other dishes.

 

“Taemin-ah, slow down, you’ll choke.”

“Hyung, the ddeokbokki ishhh reaaaaally nicee!” Taemin spoke with a mouth full of rice cakes.

Minho gaped a little before bursting into laughter.

“Y-Yah, Taeminnie…” He said as he breathlessly laughed, “You have sauce on your lips… You look like Ronald McDonald!”

“Hyunggg~” Taemin pouted as he grabbed a napkin, wiping his lips.

 

The maknae blinked. What was that image about?

“Are you full, Taemin-ah?”

“Eh?”

“You stopped eating halfway.” Minho gave a concerned look, “are you feeling fine? Does your head hurt again?”

“I’m fine, hyung.” Taemin smiled as he scooped up some kimchi.

 

**

 

After they finished their early dinner, Minho strolled around with Taemin and showed the latter about certain places like the 24 hours mini mart, CD store, stationery store, and many more. Usually Taemin would be the one who knows where is which store located, but at the moment Minho had to depend on himself. He almost got the location for Starbucks wrongly (he turned to the left instead of right) but managed to get there after making a u-turn back.

They strolled past a park on their way home and Taemin got hyper.

“Hyung, let’s play swings, please?” He gave Minho a puppy-eyed look that Minho could never resist even if he trained for zillions of years.

The taller of the two watched as the shorter one ran towards the swings like a kid who just gotten a lollipop. Taemin was giggling, his face angelic, his smile touching every edges of Minho’s heart. Minho missed seeing this side of Taemin.

This park was the very park that they came to for their first date. This was where they had their first kiss.

“Hyung, hyung, push me, will you?” Taemin called. Minho nodded and went over to push Taemin higher.

 

“Minho, Minho, it’s too high! Stop~!” Taemin yelled as he gripped onto the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter