Gifts

A Song For You

'Guys? Where are you?' I asked confused and then I heard whispering and giggling and rolled my eyes 'you really at secrets, you know that right?'
'SURPRISE!' they all shouted and I nearly jumped out of my skin 'happy birthday Soojin!'
'But...my birthday was weeks ago. what is all this?'
'We couldn't celebrate your birthday with you on the actual day sowe're doing it now' replied Taemin
'Well that was hardly your fault' I said 'you had more important things to do'
'You are just as important to us as anything else' said Onew as he handed me a parcel.
'Oh Jinki you shouldn't have' I felt as though I was about to cry
'It's from all of us, we all pitched it, hope you like it' piped up Key.
'I'm sure I'll love it Kibum' I said as I peeled it open.
Inside was a beautiful handmade scape book of all of our memories over the past ten years and even some before hand and a beautiful frame with a picture of all of us on the day of their debut, so many memories captured in just one photograph.
I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I sniffed.
'Well, say something, don't leave us in suspense' Minho said jokingly.
'I love it,it's the best gift anyone has ever gotten me.THank you so much, I love you guys'
They all crowded around me and hugged me.
'We love you too' they said together.
I sniffed back tears and smiled
'So what's been going on?'
'Well, we have the song, and we were just finalising the dance' replied Minho.
'Can I see? please?'
Minho pretended to think about it and I punched him on the arm.
'Owww that hurt' he complained at me.
'It was meant to' I stuck my toungue out at him.
'No need to get violent Soojin' teased Taemin and I giggled 'come on'
'Thank you Tae' I said and he smiledd and I sat back against the wall and watched.

I couldn't hear the song properly but I was too fixated on them to pay attention to it anyways.
That was the thing about these wonderful boys, I had known them for so long and yet they still managed to amze and fascinate me every time I watched them perform, they really were masters of their art.
And then a twinge of sadness hit me and caught like a lump in my throat.
It hurt to see them as four, Jonghyun should have been there with them, this didn't feel right, he should be there celerbrating with them and enjoying himself with his brothers.
They were so strong, they had been through hell and managed to survive, which was good because I didn't know where I would be without them.