Parallel Lines

Parallel Lines

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yunho pulled out his phone from his pocket and pressed a button to light up the screen. None. Still nothing. He was hoping this wouldn’t happen and he should have followed his intuition.

“YEAAAAAAH!!” Cheers from his surroundings were heard. He was with his friends at a small bowling alley for a few matches. He put his phone back in his pocket with a slight disappointment (with himself or with the other person, but mostly at himself). He then went back to join his friends while concealing his worries.

Jaejoong was mad at him again.

 

 

When I think about you
I think about how
All day, I think about you
But I still can’t figure you out

 

That morning, he was on the phone with the solo singer who was asking what he was doing for the day. Yunho told him he was going out with friends to bowl and eat out, simply because they had this planned already. Only after a while of talking he learned that Jaejoong was free that day, and maybe hoped to meet up.

“Yeah it’s the only time we could all meet,” Yunho said about his good friends he hadn’t seen for a while. “I’ll catch up quickly with them. I’ll meet you tonight. Or tomorrow?” Yunho asked to consider Jaejoong's feelings. Sometimes you have to dig in and probe for him to be honest.

Jaejoong told him he was going out that day and can't meet up.

“Not tonight? Tomorrow then?”

The one on the other end of the line agreed.

“Okay, See you tomorrow. Love you. I miss you~”

 

At an ice cream shop while sitting around a table with his friends, Yunho pulled out his phone again to check for any reply from the fair-skinned man. Still, there wasn’t any.

Out of slight frustration, he checked his SNS when suddenly he scrolled through an update that caught his eye. It was Jaejoong posting a picture of a huge bowl of shaved ice laced with strawberries. Seeing this made Yunho sulk and his eyes sunk a bit. He knew that anything involving that red fruit was meant for him. Right then, he became sure that Jaejoong was upset they wouldn’t meet. The singer was letting Yunho do what he wanted for the day. And Yunho chose his friends, again, over Jaejoong when there’s only a small window of opportunity for them to see each other. This only made Yunho feel some guilt creep into him.

Why did he leave Jaejoong to eat alone while he was out enjoying with friends, when they could have been spending a precious time together eating his favorite dessert?

 

****

 

“Jaejoongie~” Yunho went to Jae’s place that night after declining his friends’ further invitation to another match of bowling and dinner. He wouldn’t be able to sleep knowing that his beloved was sulking. They were at the living room and Yunho sat by the shorter man’s side on the couch, trying to lift his dampened mood. “Want to eat out tonight? Barbecue? Stew?” He observed Jae’s expressions.

The fair-skinned man had his knees up on the couch while reading on his phone when he glanced at Yunho with his clear wide eyes. “I already ate,” he gave out a half smile, before going back to his device.

“Ah is that so?” More guilt uncontrollably clutched onto Yunho. “Dessert then?” He asked with a smile and was persistent.

“I already had dessert,” Jaejoong answered and kept his eyes on his phone “You did too a while ago. We shouldn’t eat sweets too much, and you should watch your sugar levels.”

Now he’s bringing rationality into this? “Oh, you did have too much already. That was a huge bowl you ate,” Yunho said, still with a smile.

Jaejoong glanced at him and seemed to want to blame him for that.

Yunho then went nearer and put his hand and head on Jaejoong’s knee. “I’m sorry, Jaejoongie…” He said while looking at the man with the most beautiful complexion. “I let you eat all of that on your own… What if you get some belly fat here?” He poked him on the stomach.

“Hey! Watch it!” Jaejoong felt invaded for being poked. “Even if I ate ten of those, I won’t get fat.”

“Then we could go for one more?” Yunho gently coaxed him. “The ones I ate wasn’t that good to be honest. I liked the flavors but as I thought, strawberry is my favorite.”

He then went nearer and snuggled in Jaejoong’s belly. “And as I thought, eating with you is the best... even with whatever flavor there is…”

 

 

Can’t tell if you understand what I’m saying
You’re so odd
You test me several times a day

 

 

Many times they’ve fought, but their most memorable one was perhaps back in 2011 after their group had split. Tension rose when JYJ started activities while TVXQ was on hiatus. Things became more heated when months later, JYJ was dropped by their agency while TVXQ had a comeback with Keep Your Head Down, which seemed to be a mockery of the three. On top of these... rumors of Yunho dating keep resurfacing. Yunho and Jaejoong would fight and try to make up and fight again. Until the music video for Before U Go was released featuring no other than the root of the dating rumors, Yunho's co-star and labelmate, the young beautiful Go Ara... and Jaejoong wouldn't contact him anymore.

Jaejoong seemed to be doing fine on his own... Singing his own compositions, which he had always wanted to do, and working on dramas here and there... Even getting involved with a certain actor called Yihan... Jaejoong always gets attached to people so quickly, and usually to someone who would shower him with great affection. It came to Yunho's thoughts then that it's probably best for them to stay apart.

It's 2012 and Yunho was preparing for their upcoming concert. This comeback was a milestone in their career and felt like everything was at stake. For years, they’ve been silently listening to people call them talentless - A mere dancer and someone who could only belt high notes. Continuing as TVXQ would be desecrating what they had in the group as five. They were criticized and deemed to fail before they even started.

It’s no argument that it’s a great loss without the three, and the two of them as TVXQ had many gaps to fill. But Yunho wanted to prove everyone wrong. They’re not worthless. He believed that all TVXQ members are capable. Each one of them could do anything, especially Jaejoong who had so much talent...

If it means they had to separate so Jaejoong could be free and reach his full potential, then that's what he'd let happen. If Jaejoong could be this happy with him out of the picture, Yunho thought he could move on. A life without his beloved by his side... He saw Jaejoong fool around so carelessly with other people… It inadvertently broke Yunho down, but he must accept their circumstances.

 

 

The ring I gave you lost its pair~

 

 

Suddenly, Yunho hears Jaejoong's voice... It was so distinct even just a note, Yunho would know. He was in the pantry in their office and playing on the TV mounted on the wall was a trailer of an upcoming film called Jackal is Coming.

 

"Right, he has a new movie."

 

 

Wish it rains so it can hide my tears. I Cry, cry, cry again

 

 

"His voice is so beautiful... As always..."

 

 

The soul of love that isn’t leaving captures me once more. I cry, cry, cry again

Even the cup of coffee that I unconsciously ordered for you is cold

Like the you who cooled off unlike my heart

Trying to fix the puzzle of love that had gotten twisted, I cry, cry, cry again

I love you, I love you

The love that abandoned me

I love you, I love you

Although I live in memories and reminiscence

You are already part of my soul

How can I live without you?

You are my love, where are you?

 

You are my love forever

 

Suddenly, Yunho finds himself broken down, crying and his tears unstoppable... If somebody saw him, they would ask why he was crying in that empty pantry...

"He's really a good writer... Able to express his feelings accurately. He's so good..." Yunho dilutes his thoughts down to the only affectionate words he is allowed to say. How envious he was of Jaejoong.

In his heart, he knew, the song captured the essence of how he truly felt too.

 

We’re so different
But why am I so attracted to you?
I can understand in my head
But I can’t explain with words

 

 

"She's not available for this, Yunho." A manager told him.

"It has to be Sulli. I'll talk to them myself." He worked around going through managers and the singer herself, and successfully got her to star in the video he's working on.

"We meet at this phone booth." Yunho starts directing the VCR for their concert. "She gives me a ring which is paired with hers, but then she gets taken away by the men in suits and we’re forced to separate."

'Why is it the girl who gives the rings? Why at a phonebooth? Why is Changmin not dancing with you? Why is the story different from the MV?'

He was questioned for his decisions in the VCR, but he answered them all quite aptly and was able to complete it as he wanted. On November 17, they showed the video on the largest screen in Seoul and Yunho sang his heart out, hoping it reached the one he made it for.

The next day, he got a call from JYJ's leader. Holding the phone in his hand with Jaejoong’s name flashing on it, he could only think, "It reached him. It reached him," and nothing could describe his joy. That day, the two of them met up in a small bar in Itaewon.

In a corner of that dark bar, Yunho saw someone come up to him. Someone with dark red hair, huge eyes and somehow sunken cheeks...

"Jaejoong-ah," he gave the smaller man a timid welcoming smile. "Ayy, You've gotten thinner, are you eating well?"

"Hey... Hehe." Jaejoong smiled openly but still seemed to have his wall up. He explained that slimmer body types are more popular in Japan, instead of relating it to stress or troubles. "You hungry? Or just up for a drink?"

"Starved! Let's get something to eat," Yunho said even if he wasn't that hungry. He only wanted to feed Jaejoong who seemed to have forgotten to take care of himself.

They sat beside each other around a table in the corner while waiting for their orders. Yunho gazed at Jaejoong under the dim light. He was so pale, so emaciated. How come he’s gotten so thin? Yunho has a lot of mixed emotions running through him – sadness, hurt, joy, worry. "I'm glad we could meet like this."

"Yeah, I'm glad too." Jaejoong responded and was warming up slowly.

"You saw the video?" Yunho wanted to know.

"Before U Go?"

"I made it for you," Yunho said in a straightforward tone. It was one of the things they fought about, having Ara in the music video of that song. But in their concert, Yunho totally remade it solely for Jaejoong.

"You made it?"

"Yup, I directed everything… the dance... the story... the characters..."

"The red phonebooth?" Jaejoong laughed. Who else could have chosen that.

"That was the most important one," Yunho told him.

"Not Sulli?" Jaejoong questioned.

"She's important too- Ah, no, not important like that, but it couldn't be anyone else. She had the same beauty mark as you." Sulli was chosen because she had a mole on the same spot on the cheek as Jaejoong. She was perfect to represent him.

"She reminded you of me? You liked looking at her?" Jaejoong questioned again and could always seem to find a hole in what the other says.

Yunho looked at Jaejoong with sorrow in his eyes. He then touched Jae on the arm and caressed him there. "She reminded me of you..." He confirmed clearly. "Because everything reminded me of you. Wherever I looked..." Yunho told him, hoping that Jaejoong got the message. "I missed you." He then went nearer and enclosed Jaejoong in his arm. After a moment, he felt the smaller man hug him back before recognizing some slight shuddering and wetness on his left shoulder. Jaejoong began to shed tears silently.

 

3 days after that meeting, after a long 2 years, the case filed by JYJ against SM was withdrawn. The three boys cited that they don't want to cause additional trouble to the two members anymore.

 

 

You and I are walking parallel lines
Searching for a way to be together at the end
We’re a bit clumsy now
You’re coming closer to me
I’m getting closer to you

 

 

Jaejoong is… a riot. He’s high maintenance, prone to self-pity and insecurity. He’d always been that way.

By 2014, they’ve patched up their relationship. Yunho was lying on the bed beside Jaejoong when he heard the man say, "Do you love me, Yunho..."

This startled him. "…What is that question?"

"My face is so big..."

Yunho grunted, a bit tired of Jae's self-downing. "It's not~" He assured him.

"When I'm with you, it is. My teeth are uneven too..." Jaejoong continued.

"That can be fixed if you really want to, but it's not really bad," Yunho would say. "People love you as you are... And your talent shines through more than the teeth." Yunho would talk him out of his self-doubting.

"I don't like my voice... It's too thin and sounds cold... " Jaejoong would say while Yunho was trying to rest with his eyes closed. He heard the smaller man sigh exasperatedly and stick to him. A warmth slowly spread on his back. "Yunho-yah, why do you like me... " He asked for the nth time that Yunho would wonder if Jaejoong has selective amnesia.

"Just because!" Yunho answered.

"What a stupid answer. That doesn't mean anything." Jae argued. "You really can't think of anything you like... Not even one?"

Only then Yunho turned around to embrace the man who was stuck to him looking for some affection. Jaejoong was a person who needed a lot of love. He gave and gave love away but more than anything, he had an unsatiable yearning to be loved. But this question was truly difficult for yunho... "I love everything about you dear... "

"But you dont know what you like… How is that possible..."

"I like you because you're Kim Jaejoong," Yunho says, shoves the hair from the other man’s face and kisses him on the forehead.

"I was born Han Jaejun..."

Yunho was taken aback by his endless insecurity. Whenever he can, Jaejoong will get out of the frame where he is loved.

"Han Jaejun, Kim Jaejoong, Youngwoon-ie... Whatever you're called or whoever you're going to be, I love you..." He kisses him on the forehead again, and tries to trap Jaejoong in his arms, symbolic of his love for him.

"What if... I become a farmer, planting crops... I'll be tanned and rough-skinned."

"Yeah I'd love you..." Yunho says. "y farmer Jaejoong."

"Or a beggar, asking for alms under a bridge..."

"The most beautiful beggar in the world..." Yunho kisses him again.

"What if someone splashes acid on me and burns my face... I won’t be beautiful anymore... "

"That's not nice!" Yunho scolds him. "I'll take care of you and have them put to jail for their actions!" Yunho hugs him tighter and gets frustrated with the idea of someone hurting Jaejoong. "Please stop thinking of these things babe... I'll love you whatever happens." He kisses him on the cheek. "I like your big face," he says and kisses him again on the cheek. "More space to plant kisses on."

"I love your teeth," he says. "When you smile, you look like a child so bright and makes me forget all my worries... "

"I love your voice... No one in the world can sound like you..."

Jaejoong quietly listens to Yunho’s perspective.

"I don’t know why, words can't explain it... Whatever you look, whatever you say or do, I just... I just love you..." He kisses him on the lips and gives Jaejoong the love he needed.

It’s tiring to be questioned, but it was never a chore for Yunho to love Jaejoong. Whenever Jaejoong forgets that he’s loved, and he often does, Yunho will always remind him, until he feels that Jaejoong has become contented in himself.

 

 

Dozens of times a day, you ask
How, why and what I like about you
Dozens of times a day, I respond
And ask why my heart needs a reason

 

 

Yunho couldn’t point out when it started.

When Yunho was as a trainee, he would take a train from Gwangju to Seoul after his classes had ended. His classmates would be on their way home or out with friends while Yunho would be in the studio practicing his dance and vocals until past midnight, where he had to take another train back to Gwangju. His only sleep were the hours he spent on the ride home, and once he arrived, he’d dye his hair back to black for school just before the daylight breaks. This was his life for many years.

It was difficult supporting himself to be a trainee, but it was even more difficult trying to breakthrough as an artist. Once Yunho had thought he had given his all and gotten close to his group members, the group would get dissolved. He went through four different groups and separated with many friends in the process.

Until in 2003 when he debuted in a 5-member group called Dong Bang Shin Ki. He and Kim Jaejoong, someone he was with even in his previous groups, someone he considered his partner, finally made it through.

“Yunho…” A young Jaejoong called with a light smile on his face. “This is it. All of us will stay together no matter what.” Yunho wouldn’t have to let go of friends anymore.

Even if they have fought many times, they would still prefer each other’s side. Even if they weren’t as popular as other artists, they would keep on going. Even if Yunho, as the leader, had scolded Jaejoong many times, the boy would still keep his smile and try again.

“We will work hard and rise to the top together,” Jaejoong said with a resolute optimism.

Hearing the boy’s words, in that moment, Yunho felt like crying.

 

***

 

“Because I'm a male, thus my dad is extremely strict toward me. When I was young he taught me how a male should behave. If I show weakness or cry, I'll be punished.”

"Don't ever forget that you're standing here today because of the supportive staff around you and the fans who cheer you on."

“2009, Three members of TVXQ filed a lawsuit against SM Ent”

“2010, Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu continues as JYJ”

“For many years that we’ve worked, I’ve stayed the same. I’ve lived so far without any troubles, but why has the team become like this?”

 

“Yunho…” A 20-year old Jaejoong with the most worrisome look on his face said. “This is impossible for me.” A tear falls down from his eye, before being followed by a stream of tears. “I can’t go back...”

“Jaejoong…” He tried to reach for the other. “Jae-“

“You of all people!” Jaejoong raised his voice. “You can’t ask this of me…”

“…But I can’t come with you… Jaejoong…” Yunho holds back his tears as he looks at the person dearest to him.

Remembering Jaejoong’s words, the ones said with much confidence when they were still young boys in that small studio in Gangnam, once again, Yunho felt like crying.

‘You said… this time… we are keeping our group, didn’t you?’ Yunho wanted to say aloud, but the emotions choked the words from coming out. 'To rise to the top, isn't that why we were together?'

For a long time, they wanted to leave the agency. But now that the chance is here… How come the reality is much more different than how they envisioned their dreams? They dreamed of happy times working together without full-packed schedules enough to make you faint, or late-night practices enough to make you vomit. No managers pulling you to perform when just a while ago, there was an IV drip poked into your hand...

Why is the reality much more grim and violent?

“I will choose Yunho because I think he would protect me well.”

“Yes. Yes.” Yunho cried to himself, knowing that he will do what he can to protect Jaejoong. But how could he do that with his privileges stripped off him? Especially when SM laid out the consequences for leaving, making sure they will never step foot on a stage again.

Could Yunho bear being a leader who will be unable to give Jaejoong his dream... a life on the stage?

“I would be nothing out there...” Yunho cries endlessly while thinking of losing his agency, his family, his name – all that made him what he was, all that made him powerful, able to protect. 

The price to be with Jaejoong was too high. There’s no way to help him. No matter which way Yunho would go, no light was evident at the end of the tunnel.

“What a fool I would be… if I believed I could protect you still…”

 

 

We’re so similar
But why are we so different?
No matter how much I think about it
I can’t understand

 

 

Months went by after the lawsuit and the split. Meeting up with the three were difficult because on top of the crumbling trust they had of each other, everyone else - families, workmates, fans, other people - seemed to have something to say about their relationship. Before they could remedy their own feelings, everyone else offered their own realities, mostly riddled with hate, and Yunho waited for these to dissipate.

The entertainment industry is surely a huge entity, but only a small network of bigshots run the businesses. And as the two continued their activities, it was inevitable that those who worked with Yunho would cross paths with his former member, Jaejoong.

This way, they would hear about each other - The good things… The bad things… And as more time passed by, the desire to see each other again grew without signs of stopping. The feelings started to pour in as if in a glass that would overflow, and even if Yunho was prohibited by his agency and family, he made contact with Jaejoong, meeting him many times to try and make amends.

No one could fathom how low and empty Yunho had gone. How lost he was. How the split took a toll on his psyche.

Without his other half, he could see his future clearly. It was an ultimate death to his soul.

 

"Hey, Jaejoong...” Yunho held the phone to his ear and for the first time initiated the contact, going through all of Jaejoong's numbers he had.

“Hey… Yunho…” The other man's response wasn’t that ecstatic.

"…How are you?” Yunho asked but all that is in his mind was one question, “Do you want to meet?"

A long pause filled the line and Yunho tensed. He desperately hoped for a positive reply from the other man.

 

"...Alright."

 

 

You and I are walking parallel lines
Searching for a way to be together at the end
We’re a bit clumsy now
But you’re coming closer to me
And I’m getting closer to you

 

 

Yunho and Jaejoong went through a series of rough bumps in their relationship. Years after the split, Yunho started to be on good terms with Jaejoong again. He then realized many things. He absolutely loved talking with Jaejoong. They could spend hours or days talking. Somehow, Yunho need not the layers of the persona he shows in public, or with his family and friends. Even with Changmin, he subconsciously wants to be noble and reliable. But with Jaejoong... They revert to being just boys giggling and laughing, and with the simple desire of wanting to succeed in their dreams. 

Being with Jaejoong always made Yunho feel warm and comfortable. It was like there was a magical bubble over them that no one could permeate. In that bubble, Jaejoong’s voice was soothing to the ears. The crinkle in his eyes when he talks was adorable, and the way his mouth curves when he smiles is beautiful. Everything becomes fascinating, and when they have nothing else to do, they would talk until they fell asleep. 

Yunho couldn’t believe he had something this magnificent before. For a period in his life, there was only heartache after heartache, forgetting that those pains and hurt came from the loss he incurred - from Jaejoong being absent in his life. He asked himself how the hell did he allow himself to miss something so precious? He is an idiot. A huge huge idiot.

While Jaejoong was talking about his plans for his next album, Yunho reached in for his cheek, making Jaejoong lose his track. Yunho then caressed the soft skin under his thumb. "Jaejoongie...” He called tenderly and gazed at the other's caring eyes. “I won't lose you again."

Jaejoong got silent from the sudden affection. 

"If there's one thing left I need to do in this world... It is to make you happy."

He then moved towards Jaejoong and went in for a soft kiss.

"I love you." He said and held the smaller man tightly. This should have been their reality years ago.

Jaejoong was and will always be Yunho’s greatest asset… More than fame, money or material possessions... Jaejoong is his ultimate treasure.

And this is validated when Yunho heard from Jaejoong, even after all that they went through, his feelings that not once had changed,

"I love you too, Yunho... "

 

 

Look far ahead to the endless lines
The moment our eyes meet
You and I are a bit slow but
You’re coming closer to me
I’m getting closer to you

 

Growing up, Yunho was taught that love is something received when you behave properly, when you follow all the rules. Yunho believed no one is going to take care of him but himself. All of these notions that were driven into him when he was young were broken down when Jaejoong loved him completely, with his countless flaws and shortcomings. Neither his mother nor father gave him that kind of unconditional love. Whatever the result of his work was, Jaejoong appreciated him instead of being disappointed or discouraging. He always received kisses and affections for free, and Jaejoong usually gave these at the most surprising times. He could feel the honesty of Jaejoong’s happiness when they are together. Being with him was all Jaejoong wanted, yet for a time, that’s what he couldn’t give.

"I wish I could do more…” Yunho mumbled while thinking of the long years of the past. He was lying down on a bed with Jaejoong beside him.

“Hn?”

“In the next life I want to do whatever I want. And I will cry as much as I want, Jaejoongie..." Yunho turns to put his arm around Jaejoong’s torso, finding comfort in the other man’s warmth.

"Oh? You won't cry because I'll be there in your next life too. All our miseries were put this life and we've overcome them... In the next life, we'll live happily… With 25 children right?"

“Ahahaha! Maybe 10 is enough! I don't want to have you die giving birth.”

“What makes you think I’ll give birth?” Jaejoong retorted. “You're the woman in the next life! Cry as much as you want then, Yunho-yah. And I will do my best to protect you.” He laughed softly.

Yunho smiled at that thought and felt the security in Jaejoong's idea. When it's his turn to be vulnerable, Jaejoong would give him the same kind of love and soothes the rough edges in his mind.

He’d imagine what could be if they could date freely, if their families, agencies and fans supported them...

He closed his eyes while leaning onto Jae's warmth. “Yes… that would be perfect…”

 

 

You and I are so similar but why is there so much we don’t know?
You and I are so different but why are we so attracted to each other?
You and I are walking parallel lines

Searching for a way to be together at the end
We’re a bit clumsy now
But you’re coming closer to me
And I’m getting closer to you

 

 

Once again, they separated in April 2015 when Jaejoong entered the military. Yunho shed tears, feeling the loss from being unable to see Jaejoong. In three months, he’d follow into the military, but three months were a long time when their relationship just started to bloom again. Yunho postponed his enlistment by two weeks in June just so he could meet Jaejoong who was on his first break from the army.

When both of them were in the military, their situation became a complex game of hide and seek. They keep finding ways to meet in the camp. And when that is not possible, they would send gifts instead. Yunho received many Moldir gifts from the brand’s beautiful art director. And Jaejoong received rings and bracelets of gold to add to his already huge collection. Yunho always loved getting him the finest gifts.

When they both finished their military service, they focused all their energies on their comeback activities - fanmeets, concerts, and working on albums. Jaejoong started the year winning an award. He got into his first reality series too after 8 years of being restricted and would soon show up in a TV program. Everything seem to be going the right direction.

 

At Jaejoong’s house, Yunho was talking about a dance he did at a fanmeet in Macau.

“Move your head like this,” he said while he had his hand up and moved his head from side to side. He then continued the rest of the dance steps to Sunmi’s Gashina.

Jaejoong was on the couch, giggling at Yunho’s enthusiasm and watching his every move. The sight of Yunho dancing is so mesmerizing that Jae couldn't take his eyes off him. He didn’t know that he would be dancing to the same song a few weeks after.

Most of their meetings were like this - trying to find time between their busy schedules, but always thankful that they are continuing what they love to do, and that they could be together even if their meetings were known only between the two of them.

Through the years, they were just a phone call’s reach of each other, but somehow they couldn't take that action in the past. Life must have had its fill of amusement from separating them, making them work for the same goal but walk different paths. At least, finally they have each other now and they couldn’t wish for anything more.

From their impulsive squabbles when they were young trainees, to tearful misunderstandings when they were in TVXQ, to their agencies, families and fans hating each other when they split... they've been through that chaos and still found their way to be together. These old wounds turned into deep ugly scars but, they've learned not to hurt and get hurt by each other anymore. They've learned that in the space between them, there could only be love. 

 

Yunho was at an office surrounded by managers and producers around a table for a meeting on their upcoming album.

“What should we name the album?” The question was dropped amongst the group, and Yunho, from the day he got out of the military, already knew the answer like it couldn’t be anything else.

He looked at everyone and said, 

“It’s Fate.

 

On March 28, 2018, TVXQ's comeback album was released, known as 'Fate'  in the country, but was commercialized as “The Chance of Love.”

And this date held a special memory. For this date, exactly fourteen years ago, they received their first ever award for their debut single, Hug, together as five members of Dong Bang Shin Ki.

Yunho thought there was no better date to conclude their story and start a new chapter of their lives than in the memory of that glorious moment. 

 

 

“I met Yunho in 2001. Then we met again in SM and I was a bit surprised. I guess it's fate.” – Kim Jaejoong

 

 

Look far ahead to the endless lines
The moment our eyes meet
You and I are a bit slow but


You’re coming closer to me…


And I’m getting closer to you…

 

 

 

 

"I miss you whether day or night"

 

"Love you more"

 

"When you can, look at the sky 3 times, Yunho-yah"

 

"There's nowhere for us to go but up"

 

 

 

 

Parallel Lines - End.

 

 

Thank you for reading!