Chapter 7

The Sun Is Blue.

Chapter 7

 

What is she doing here? Suddenly feeling worried about her, I walked closer, tip toeing in order to remain unnoticed by the two. Moving a bit closer, I heard them having a conversation.

 

In Japanese.

 

I can’t speak Japanese. What the hell are they talking about? I hid behind a bush and observed the scene. The scary burly man was far enough from her and I relaxed a little. Mina doesn’t looked scared. I let my eyes wander her relaxed back. She was wearing a fitted leather jacket and dark skinny jeans together with Gucci sneakers. It was an outfit that she normally doesn’t wear. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, showing off her graceful neck. She was carrying a black Gucci duffle bag with a red snake design.

 

I squinted my eyes to get a better look. Actually, they both have the same ones. The burly man slowly approached her and I held back the urge to show myself and protect her away from him. He handed her his bag. She did the same thus exchanging theirs. The man then checked inside and I saw a smirk of his that sent a shiver down my spine.

 

He bowed at her which made her bow as well. He then turned his back on her and walked away, as if that little exchange didn’t happen.

 

As I saw him walk away, I cannot help but notice that a part of his pinky finger was missing.

 

Mina turned around and I almost fainted at the sight. Underneath her leather jacket was a plain gray crop top showing off her surprisingly toned abs.

 

She started walking but then stopped.

 

“You can come out now, Chaeng.” She said, her voice dangerously low. I froze and awkwardly stood up from the bush. Her face was only illuminated by the moonlight. Her eyes were dark, blank, cold.

 

I gulped as I made my way towards her.

 

“Wow, didn’t know you were here, Mina!” I said in the most cheerful voice I can manage. Mina stared at me then flashed a smile that didn’t reach her eyes.

 

“You know, you didn’t have to hide a while ago you know?” She said.

 

I sent her a sheepish smile. “No, it was just you seemed so serious and just suddenly talking to you while you’re busy is rude.” I told her. She nodded, her eyes finally focusing on the makeup and the dress.

 

“You look beautiful.” She said. Her hand caressed my cheek. I gulped.

 

I heard that countless of times tonight, from strangers and even from my friends. I didn’t care at all.

 

But then those same words that came from made me so happy. I looked up at her, staring at the slightly messy ponytail in her hair. I let my hand grasp the tie to remove it, letting her dark hair fall all over her shoulder and face. I then ran my hand to comb through it.

 

She stared at me, the darkness in her eyes slowly disappearing.

 

“But for me, you look the most beautiful without all that glam. I think you’re the prettiest in your very own element. “ She said. I felt my heart become warm when she said those words. At that moment I knew why I was not comfortable with what I was wearing. Yes, I may be attractive this way, but I knew it was just not me. Hearing that from her is the only words I want to hear tonight. I looked down and eyed her outfit, at the boyish clothes she was wearing.

 

Actually, I lied. I was staring at her abs. It was distracting. I noticed a mole on her stomach and felt my mouth dry.

 

“You look gorgeous.” I said, not taking my eyes off her fit stomach. I saw her lean down to drop the duffle bag on the floor.

 

She giggled, tilting my chin up using her finger.

 

I looked up at her face again, at the moles on her face that only emphasized her beauty. Nevermind, her face is so much better than her body. I wish I’m the only one she smiles at like this. Disappearing eyes, crinkling nose and a gummy smile that showed off her cute teeth.

 

Kiss her. Kiss her. Kiss her.

 

I heard my brain chanted inside my head. I wanted to. I swear to god, if he’s ever real, that’s the only thing I wanted to do.

 

I looked away, once again intertwining our fingers together.

“Jihyo and the others are inside. Want to see them?” I asked. I could see her eye me with something close to..

 

Disappointment? Hurt?

 

It then went back to the same gummy smile that I loved.

 

I shook my head to myself. Like, like, like! I meant like. Pssssh, silly me.

 

As we were walking with joint hands, after Mina took the duffle bag back to her other hand, I cannot help but feel something beating fast, like a hummingbird. I wondered to myself if that was my own heart or if it was just a part of my imagination.

 

When we entered the club, I wish we didn’t. Lustful eyes followed us everywhere. I noticed men’s eyes lingering on Mina, creepy smirks on their faces. I glared at them as my hand tightened around her hand. Women also giggled as we passed by, their eyes admiring the angel beside me. I didn’t noticed a man move closer to us. His hand then d my .

 

A yelp escaped my throat as I look around, ready to beat the person. My eyes widened though when I saw Mina’s other hand, gripping his wrist.

 

“Don’t. Ever. Touch. Her. Again.” She said through clenched teeth. I saw her twist his arm, heard a loud crack and stared in shock as he groaned in pain before kneeling on the floor.

 

She was about to move closer to him, hand clenched when I stopped her by hugging her.

 

“Mina, let’s go. Don’t mind him.” I told her. She was still eyeing the man with cold eyes and her eyes scared me. They were darker than I’ve ever seen before. It was eyes that are capable of doing unspeakable things. She wasn’t glaring at him, she was just looking at him with wide eyes yet it brought out shivers to my spine.

 

“Let’s go.” I insisted, dragging her away from the scene. From the corner of my eye, I saw her taking the duffle bag that she probably dropped on the floor in order to protect me. I saw the crowd moving closer, probably wanting to fill their curiosity.

 

When I finally saw Jeongyeon and the others, relief filled me. When Jihyo noticed us, she quickly made her way towards me before smacking my head.

 

“Where the hell were you? We were so worried about you! I thought you’ve been kidnapped, or killed or even !” She said out loud.

 

I apologized to her. Finally she seemed to notice Mina beside me.

 

“Mina? Is that you?” She asked.

 

Cue the most adorable giggle.

 

“Sorry, we saw each other at the club and forgot the time.” Mina claimed. Jihyo looked at her exposed stomach, a few seconds more than she should. I felt my teeth clench. I would need to have a talk with Mina about wearing crop tops.

 

“You look hot, Mina!” We all turned to see Nayeon walking towards us together with Jeongyeon. She poked Mina’s abs which caused my jaw to slacken.

 

“Ooooh, it’s hard.” She said.

 

The nerve of that bunny! No one touches my Mina’s abs. No one!

 

Well, except me but that’s beside the point.

 

I noticed Mina trying to cover her abs with her hand, her other hand still holding the bag. Speaking of which, that bag. Mina still has some explaining to do regarding what happened earlier.

 

“Where’s Dahyun?” Nayeon asked. Jihyo pointed to the left.

 

“She went to the bathroom.” Jihyo said.

 

“Anyway when Dahyun comes back, we’re leaving. Are you going to join us or are you going to catch a ride with Mina?” She asked. Before Mina even has the chance to open , I hurriedly said. “I’ll catch a ride with Mina.” staring at her with serious eyes. She seemed to obviously deflate, mouth pursed as she finally nodded.

 

When Dahyun made her way towards us, I saw her glance at our intertwined hands. Her expression then became blank.

 

‘Come on, Dahyun. Let’s leave. It seems like Chaeyoung is catching up a ride with Mina.” Jeongyeon explained. Dahyun didn’t said anything but I swore as she walked away, a tear just fell down her eye.

------

I was walking with Mina. I glanced at her and notice her blank expression. She didn’t said anything, her hand slightly swaying the bag.

 

“Hot chocolate and apple pie?” She asked. I nodded.

 

“Okay.” I said. She smiled at me again, albeit sadly then opened the passenger door for me. I entered, leaning on the familiar leather seat.

 

She was driving and it was silent. Too silent.

 

“Mina?” I called out. I saw her hands clenched.

 

“Let’s talk about it in the Cafe okay?” She said, tone a little cold. She never used to that tone to me before.

 

I nodded, silently looking outside the window.

 

-----

It was quiet, too quiet inside the Cafe.

 

“About the bag-” I trailed off, eyes glancing up at Mina. Drink and food untouched, she started playing with her lips by grazing it with her fingers.

 

“Listen, it was no big deal.” She finally said. “When I dropped you off a while ago, I got thirsty and went to a restaurant. I sat in the crowded table and was behind a man with the same bag. I accidentally exchanged mine with his and now we met in order to exchange again. That’s it.” She explained.

 

Her explanation was possible and may seem uncomplicated to say the least. However, there’s something about her expression that makes me think otherwise. Her face was too sincere, it was as if she was trained to be a very good actress. I didn’t like it.

 

“Okay, I get it. For a second, I was nervous! I thought you’re selling drugs or something.” I said. She flashed me a smile that once again, didn’t reached her eyes.

 

Feeling scared that she would stop being friends with me if I push any further, I changed the subject to a more light hearted one.

 

“I suggest you stop wearing crop tops, Mina!” I said. She frowned, her eyes slowly going back to life.

 

“Why?” She asked, rubbing her flat stomach.

 

This girl..

 

She was smirking.

 

“You’re distracting everyone!” I said. She giggled and I almost sighed with relief. Finally, Mina was scary when she was too quiet. I then remembered once again the darkness in her eyes when she grasped the wrist of the man. I fought back a shiver.

 

Mina smiled at me.

 

“Do you want to touch?” She asked. Lord, have mercy on me.

 

I held out my hand which made her giggle. She moved closer to me, her hands finally away from her exposed stomach.

 

My hand went towards her feverish skin, grasping at the smooth skin, the hard abs and the soft flesh underneath.

 

Oh my gosh.

 

This is probably what heaven feels like.

 

Beautiful eyes stared at me.

 

Gummy smile.

 

I forgot all my doubts and fears. I don’t care anymore. I only care about her.

 

-----

“I’m just going to put some gas in the car.” She said. I nodded, still full from the apple pie and hot chocolate. We ended up buying some ice cream after that. Not even a magician himself can reveal the secret of Mina’s flat stomach because even after eating all those sweets, her stomach was still perfect; in all its flatness and glory.

 

She went out of the car as I relaxed on the seat, feeling slightly sleepy. I started breathing hard, feeling a sneeze come in.

 

Achoo!

 

I looked around for a tissue, opening the compartment near the driver’s seat in hopes of finding one.

 

My eyes widened at the object in sight in front of me. I slowly ran my hand towards it, fingers being dyed with the color.







 

It was a gun.

 

Myoui Mina has a gun in her car and you know what scares me the most?

 

Her gun has blood stains in it.