Chapter 15

The Sun Is Blue.

Chapter 14

 

I blinked. Once. Twice.
 

“Mina, I mean-” I pulled her up from the ground, my cheeks reddening.

 

“Is that a yes?” She asked, staring at me with serious eyes.

 

I scratched my scalp.

 

“Isn’t this too fast?” I asked.

 

She nodded.

 

“Of course. But you love me, I love you. So, what’s stopping us from tying the knot?” She asked, still staring at me but this time with annoyance.

 

“Uh, the fact that I’m a Korean illegally staying here in Japan with no passport or whatsoever and the fact that I’m literally not legal yet. I’m 19 years old and you were too actually. So, tell me how are we going to get married in this situation?” I tried pushing some sense into her.

 

“I’m already 21 years old. My clan is one of the most powerful in the whole country. I have billions of cash and thousands of people under me. You think it would be hard for me to be married to you without legal papers?” She asked.

 

“Wait, you’re 21?” I asked.

 

“I said so much things and that’s what you caught? Yes, I’m 21 years old. I’m your unnie.” She told me. I blinked again, suddenly feeling dizzy about everything.

 

“Now, should I contact the Yukata maker? I think purple will look good on you. Don’t you think?
“ She asked.

 

“Wait, I hadn't agreed yet!” I said.

 

“Oh, trust me you will.” She said with a smirk.

 

I sighed in frustration.

 

“Mina, think about this properly, please.” I said.

 

“If we don’t get married then how will I know that you won’t leave me?” She asked.

 

That’s the time I realized all the rush she was going about. She wanted to keep me to herself. Seriously, this amazing, possessive little penguin..

 

I made my way towards her and gave her a hug, cuddling her slim waist.

 

“So is that a yes?” She repeated and I could feel the hopeful smile on her face despite not seeing it.

 

“Okay, let’s get married.” I said. She squealed to herself.

 

“Yay!” She said with her soft voice.

 

“But not right now.” I said, pulling back and staring straight into her eyes.

 

She pouted. “Next week?” She said with an unusual cheeky grin that’s not her usual demeanor. She wrapped her arms around me.

 

I shook my head, playfully hitting her forehead.

 

“Next month?” She said again, smiling hopefully.

 

“Aish!” I exclaimed, trying to move away from her. She tightened her hold in me.

 

“Then how long are you going to make me wait?” She asked, almost boredly looking at me.
 

I pecked her cheek.

 

“Eight years?” I suggested.

 

“Too long!” She complained, pouting to herself. Now it was her turn to let go from the hug.

 

“Okay, five years?” I said, tightening my hold to her waist.

 

She looked at me, still pouting but then she finally sighed to herself.

 

“I guess that sounds fair.” She admitted.

 

“Yay!” I imitated her, pulling her closer to me and peppering her with small kisses wherever I could kiss.

 

“Wow, fiancée at 19.” I said in a slight daze. She let go of our hug then opened the box for me. She took the ring and put it in my ring finger. A perfect fit.

 

“It looks good on you.” She said, smiling slightly.

 

“That’s the Myoui’s crest right there.” She explained, I held out my hand to inspect the ring. Inside the Topaz ring was a dragon, the same dragon that was on Mina, Momo and Sana’s shoulder. Actually, now that I think about it, even her goons has the tattoo.

 

“It’s gorgeous.” I said, admiring it.

 

“Only for you.” She said, pecking my cheek.

 

“Keep it safe for me, alright?” She said, eyeing me with her pretty eyes.

 

“I will.” I reassured her. I gave her a peck on the lips. She smiled at me.

 

I then started laughing as I crouched on the ground.

 

“Eh?” She said, wide eyes looking at me with confusion.

 

“Climb on my back, I’m gonna give you a piggyback.” I said. She looked at my slim back with a slight quirk on her eyebrow.

 

“Just trust me.” I told her. She hesitantly climbed and I stood up, supporting her legs on my arms.

 

Heavy…

 

I heard her giggle as I growl playfully to myself, walking back towards our room with a snail-like pace.

 

I threw her on the bed and straddled her, attacking her with kisses.

 

Let us just say, we didn’t slept for two more hours.

----

 

I woke up with a jolt, missing the warmth beside me. I looked around, Mina was nowhere to be seen.

 

What time is it? I spotted the clock on the bedside table.

 

12:00 in the afternoon. I slept quite long, didn’t I? I stretched to myself, still feeling extremely exhausted. I tried finding my clothes, only to notice that they were missing.

 

I looked around and spotted a note.

 

I took your dress for laundry. You can take a bath, my room has its own bathroom. There’s a new pair of underwear inside the walk-in closet. As for the clothes, you can borrow one of mine. Feel free to dress up a bit. We’re going shopping later.

 

-Wifey

 

I smiled to myself. Wifey. That felt good, hearing that word. Mina’s my future wife. Life couldn’t get better.
 

I opened Mina’s closet and gaped at all the clothes she has. Her closet was as big as my dorm room.

 

Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Hermès, Chanel, Prada…

 

the list goes on.

 

I spotted the new underwear still inside its wrapper. I took it and looked at her clothes.

 

What should I borrow?

 

I scratched my ear, intimidated at the brands. I sighed to myself then picked out a long sleeved polo and short shorts. (knowing Mina’s long legs, I know pants wouldn’t possibly fit on me anyway.)

 

I made my way towards the bathroom to take a bath.

----

I was walking towards the kitchen, hungry. Mina was still nowhere to be seen.

 

“Chaeng?” I heard someone called out my name.

 

I followed the voice and saw Momo sitting on the chair inside the dining room, eating what it looks like a mountain of Jokbal on her plate.

 

“Ah, Chaeng! You’re awake. Good morning!” Momo greeted me, mouth filled with food.

 

“Good morning.” I greeted, looking at her plate in amazement.

 

“Are you hungry?” She asked, standing up.

 

“Yes.” I admitted. “I’m just going to get some bread then..”I trailed off. Momo walked towards me then put her arm on my shoulders.

 

“Nonsense. We have the best chef that can make anything we ask for, why am I letting the future wife of Mina eat such low-class bread?” She said as she guided me towards the kitchen.

 

“Wait, how did you know that I’m engaged?” I asked Momo.

 

“Duh, the ring? Also, that’s Mina’s plan for the longest time since she realized she loves you.” Momo said.

 

“So you knew about this, way before I knew?” I asked. We stopped walking when we finally reached the kitchen.

 

“What do you want to eat?” She asked me. I stared at her. In my dorm, I basically have to rummage for scraps of food in my refrigerator, or go outside to buy some cheap food. Seeing these bastards having the luxury to just choose whatever they want to eat no matter how expensive it is, pisses me off.

 

What’s one thing that I want to eat but never had the chance to, these past few days?

 

Chicken!

 

It’s fine, right? To be spoiled for a few days.

 

I turned to Momo.

 

“You think the chef can make some Korean fried Chicken?”

----

I pat my stomach, feeling very happy and full. Momo laughed at my reaction.

 

“Wakamatsu’s good at cooking, right?” She asked.

 

I grinned at her, flashing a thumbs up. “The best!” I said.

 

“So you know information from Mina regarding me?” I asked. Momo nodded.

 

“I’m basically her diary. She called Sana and me everyday, updating about what happens to her in Korea.” She said.

 

I stared at her in wonder.

 

“Then can you tell me when she started liking me?” I asked.

 

Momo smiled at me. “If you tell Mina about this I’m going to cut a bish then serve it to you for dinner.” She said, still flashing me a creepy smile.

 

I gulped but nodded.

 

“Mina had a crush on you months before you met for the first time.” She admitted.

 

“What?!” I said out loud. “Wait, she knew me way before?” I asked.

 

“Of course but she’s a shy person, believe it or not.” She said.

 

“When? What happened? How?” I bombarded her with questions.

 

“Chill, I’ll tell you everything so calm down.” She said with a smile.

 

Myoui Mina, a beautiful freshman that recently transferred was a hot topic in the university due to her looks and her money. A lot of people wanted to get to know her because of her beauty. However, this person didn’t let anyone be close to her. She always rejected everyone inviting her to hang out with them. She also rejected all the men (and even a few women) that confessed to her. Soon enough, the students realized that she preferred being left alone so they let her fall off the radar when it comes to popularity.

 

That was the time when a group of friends became the hype in the university. All of them were very attractive and outgoing. There was Im Nayeon, the campus crush, Park Jihyo, the bombshell, Kim Dahyun, the pretty girl-next-door, Yoo Jeongyeon, the girl-crush and finally Son Chaeyoung, the adorable cutie.

 

Myoui Mina heard about them, people gushing at their beauty and kindness. Still, she didn’t really cared. She preferred reading her books and playing video games than caring about a couple of spoiled kids.

 

Until one day, she was all on her own in the library. (as usual) She was reading her favorite book when someone entered, causing students to cause a ruckus. She angrily looked up, annoyed that someone was breaking her peaceful time to herself.

 

What do you know, it was Son Chaeyoung, in all her adorable glory. Men and women crowded over her, trying to talk to her. And with her sunny disposition and willingness to befriend people, she stood out. A lot.

 

It got to the point where the librarian had to step up and scold the students to shut up. That was the time the students finally let Chaeyoung draw in peace. She found a seat beside Mina and smiled at her, dimples in full purchase.

 

“Hello, I’ll be your seatmate for now.” Chaeyoung said. Mina didn’t said anything, just nodded.

 

But it was hard ignoring this girl. Every little thing she does stands out for Mina. She cannot help but glance at the other girl as she drew in her sketchbook. She was beautiful, her eyes were big and innocent. Her nose fit her face perfectly. Her lips were cute and pouty. Then the mole under it, makes it even more attractive. She has a habit of biting her lip, making it even redder. And her long, silky brown hair cascaded like chocolate waterfall from her scalp down the middle of her back. And god dang, that freaking dimple.

 

She drew and drew and drew. Not caring about the people around her that was still gushing about her cuteness. She wasn’t necessarily the best of the best as an artist. Her doodles were more cartoon-y to say the least. But it fit her. Her doodles will make anyone smile. The doodles were both creative and playful; matching perfectly with her sunny disposition.

 

And then suddenly, she’s the only thing Mina noticed. When Mina goes in the University Garden to eat her lunch, her eyes automatically scan for Chaeyoung and then she would see her; smiling and laughing with her friends. Sometimes, she would be seen calmly drawing or writing in her battered leather notebook. Other times she would be seen munching on her food, briefly reminding the other girl of a chipmunk.

 

And she observed for almost a year. She observed how Chaeyoung did not get angry when her sketchbook got lost because one of her secret fangirls stole it.

 

She heard her said, “Guess we can’t do anything about it.” despite the sad smile on her face.

 

The next day, the fangirl was seen limping with bruises on her cheek. And Chaeyoung’s sketchbook was back in her bag, just like any other day.

 

And Mina has wounds on her fists.

 

Sometimes, Chaeyoung would try and reach up over the shelf in the library, wanting to read a book regarding her favorite artist, Van Gogh. She would try reaching up but failing to do so because of her height. Mina would then reach it up for her, handing the book to her. Before Chaeyoung could turn and thank her, Mina would run away and Chaeyoung would talk to the wind.

 

Mina noticed many people falling in love with Chaeyoung but that is to be expected considering how easy it is to fall in love with her. One of them is her friend, Dahyun. Mina would grit her teeth whenever she sees them together. But her nerves would get the best of her and she still wouldn’t talk to her.

 

Sometimes, Mina would stare at her and Chaeyoung would look up and meet her eyes for a few seconds. And then she would smile that sunny, dimpled smile, almost in auto-pilot.

 

And it would make Mina’s day.

 

Chaeyoung and Mina both became Sophomores yet the shy girl still cannot talk to Chaeyoung until one fateful day when Chaeyoung finally noticed her.

 

She was nervous when she felt Chaeyoung’s eyes on her. What is this?, she thought. This never happened before. So, Mina, out of the nervousness of her heart, finished her lunch as fast as she can and left.

 

Causing her to forgot her handkerchief that was given to her by Miss Bo-ah.

 

She almost had a heart attack when she heard a voice called out to her. Of course, she knew that voice. It’s the voice that fills her mind before she falls asleep. And then she crashed against her because she suddenly stopped.

 

Because Son Chaeyoung just talked to her.

 

And then she looked at Mina worriedly and it was at that moment that Mina had come to the realization that this is finally her chance to get to know Chaeyoung.

 

So when Chaeyoung asked for her number while nervously biting her lip, she gave it to her a bit too willingly. And she can’t help it, she had to give her a kiss on the cheek.

 

But Mina wanted to act chic so she pretended as if she did not knew her and asked for her name.

 

She failed to respond to Chaeyoung’s text as soon as possible because she had to kill one of the druggies due to his involvement with the police. After, putting her bloodied gun on the car compartment, she checked her phone and squealed happily. Chaeyoung just texted her!

 

So she quickly typed up a reply.

 

And a few hours later after another drug deal, she decided to text Chaeyoung if she wants to drink some coffee with her.

 

Because she felt it, this girl would be the one to change her.

 

“And the rest is history.” Momo said. I gaped at her story.

 

Mina liked me first?

 

I smiled to myself and looked at the ring on my finger, knowing that I won’t ever regret being engaged to her.

 

And then after five years when I become a well-known artist, I will marry this beautiful girl and it would be the best day of my life.

 

 

Just noticed that I made Mina like a Yandere but hey, she's hot right? Poor fangirl though, but honestly I would kill my cat if it would make Mina punch me in the face AHAHAHA And then I would be like "Thank you so much, Mistress!"

Another fluff-ish filler chapter for you guys. Don't worry, this is the calm before the storm. A huge storm that would u guys up. But of course, you have to wait for a few more chapters for that, right?