Chapter 8

Doctor Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi watched from the small pane of the door as Irene visited her mother. The operation was a success but the lady was still unconscious.

 

Seulgi started to feel a little guilty for yelling at Irene when she gave up on the challenge. It was just unusual for the competitive woman to surrender but now she knew why.

 

Moments later Irene came out of the room so Seulgi could do a check on her vitals.

 

"Thank you..." Irene uttered.

 

"No worries. Are you feeling okay?" Seulgi asked.

 

Irene nodded but honestly, she wasn't. There were so many things pressuring her such as work, family and marriage. Majority of the time she could handle it but nowadays it was getting harder.

 

Seulgi must've sensed something wrong. She instinctively pulled Irene towards her by the wrist and embraced her. Irene wanted to push away because it was Seulgi but she didn't because she needed this hug even if it were from the person she hated the most.

 

Irene nuzzled her face against Seulgi's chest and concentrated on her heartbeat to try to push back the tears.

 

"I know you have a lot of worries. But sometimes, please try to take care of your mental health. Stop being hard on yourself. You’ve been doing well." Seulgi hummed.

 

.

 

"Ahhh!" Wendy sighed in relief as she sank into her office chair.

 

"Someone has been working hard." Seulgi said as she entered after Wendy.

 

"Yea, it's been long since I got 30 minutes to sit down. Kids are tiring." Wendy frowned.

 

"But you love them." Seulgi reminded.

 

"Yes I do. How can one not?" Wendy said.

 

Seulgi offered to drive Wendy out for lunch together since they were having their break. Wendy said no at first but after some coaxing, she agreed.

 

It was rare that the Doctors get to go out of the hospital grounds for food. They were usually too busy to do this sort of thing but then it was a luxury if they could.

 

They both went to a small shop to have some food. It was their favorite because of the homely and friendly atmosphere.

 

The two Doctors talked about Irene's mother's condition before Wendy focused the topic on Seulgi. Not only was the hospital calmer but Wendy had rarely seen the two argue with each other.

 

"She surrendered first." Seulgi grumbled.

 

"So you won? Congrats!" Wendy hummed but Seulgi was not anymore happier.

 

“It wasn’t a fair win if the other surrenders…” Seulgi sulked.

 

"Oh come on. You are so competitive when it comes to her. You know what Seul? Have you considered making up and asking her out?" Wendy suddenly asked, causing Seulgi to choke on her food.

 

"What?" Seulgi spat.

 

"You clearly have feelings for her." Wendy stated.

 

"But she is attached! Do I look like a home wrecker to you?" Seulgi hissed softly.

 

Wendy just shrugged with a smile on her face.

 

“You know what they say~ Hashtag love wins.” Wendy hummed.

 

.

 

Seulgi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter