Chapter 18

Doctor Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Washroom]

 

"How should I say it?" Irene pondered in front of the mirror.

 

"Hi doctor Kang, let's have lunch together!"

 

"Was that too excited?"

 

"Hi~ Want have lunch?" Irene tried asking in a chic way.

 

Irene gaged the next second. She hated how much of a douche she sounded like.

 

"Hey!"

 

"Ya! Seulgi."

 

"Hey, would you like to have lunch with me?"

 

"Sure." A voice replied, startling Irene.

 

Joy exited from the cubicle trying to hold in her laughter while watching Irene slowly turn red.

 

"Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret." Joy laughed as she left.

 

.

 

Irene waited outside the OT where Seulgi was operating so that she could ask her out for lunch.

 

She saw the doctor exiting the glass doors while instructing Yeri to do some things before talking to the anxious family members who were waiting outside as well.

 

Irene couldn't take her eyes off Seulgi. The woman looked professional in her scrubs and mask hanging off her neck.

 

Irene chuckled when she looked at Seulgi's cap. She could see the outline of her bun underneath the thin blue cloth.

 

She could still remember when Seulgi was a student. It was practicals and Irene was supposed to invigilate her students on operating techniques.

 

It was a one on one exam and when it came to Seulgi, Irene forgets that she was her teacher.

 

"Aigo, you didn't even wear it properly." Irene said as she adjusted Seulgi's cap for her so she could fit her bun.

 

Of course Irene knew her position. She invigilated Seulgi more strictly than the other students but the latter was so good that she excelled with no mistakes - probably because Irene told her that she'll receive a gift tonight if she did well.

 

Irene missed those days.

 

"Oh? Good afternoon Doctor Bae." Seulgi greeted.

 

"A-Afternoon... just had an operation?" Irene asked, mentally face palming herself at the obvious answer.

 

"Mm. What about you? What brings you here?" Seulgi asked.

 

"Oh... ahh... I actually wanted to talk to yo-"

 

"Ddeulgi!" A voice hummed and around the corner came Sunmi shuffling towards Seulgi.

 

The older woman wrapped her arms around Seulgi and nuzzled her cheek against Seulgi's cheek.

 

"Let's go have lunch together~" Sunmi hummed.

 

"Okay~ But let me get changed first." Seulgi said.

 

Irene's eye twitched when she saw Seulgi giving her bear smile to Sunmi. That smile should only belong to her.

 

"Doctor Bae? ... Doctor Bae!" Seulgi raised her voice.

 

Irene snapped back to reality and apologized for zoning out.

 

"What was it that you want to tell me?" Seulgi asked.

 

"A-Ah, I forgot. But don't worry, i-it wasn't important." Irene blurted and quickly paced away.

 

Sunmi shooed Seulgi towards the changing room and watched the adorable bear jogging away. She then turned towards the other exit and held up a thumbs sign up for Joy to see.

 

That should be enough of a push for Irene to start acting.

 

.

 

Irene decided to try again. She had gotten note that Seulgi just ended a meeting and was heading to her office. While walking there, a taller woman came to join her.

 

"Good afternoon Doctor Bae." Sunmi hummed.

 

"Oh doctor Lee. Good afternoon to you too." Irene tried her best to sound friendly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter