When he stands up for you

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, that was it! Good job everyone!” Your choreographer said as he clapped his hands and sent you a tight smiled through the mirror. Somehow you couldn’t get to find out if he was speaking the truth when he insinuated that you worked hard. He somehow always seemed cramped, as if he wasn’t sure if he should be praising you or scolding you. But what you did know was that you were absolutely exhausted from today’s practice. The tough dance routines asked a lot from all of you, and you were really glad that it had come to an end for today. You rested you hands on your knees and panted, trying to catch your breath. You silently looked around the dressing room. Everyone looked quite exhausted, but knowing that this was the third day you’d been practicing this harsh routine for your newest song, you knew that it had asked a lot from everyone. “You did great!” A voice called out to you from a chair at the other side of the room, and you straightened up before turned to look at him. His eyes involuntarily seemed to raise back to the level of yours, and you tried not to smirk as you figured that he had been staring at your the entire time. “Thanks.” You panted, reaching down to grab the bottle of water in front of you before walking over to him. A few inches away from him you stopped, knowing that he didn’t like it when you smelled like practice and sweat. 

 

If you could only say the same about him. You loved seeing Jungkook after he just came home from practice. His sweaty hair sticking to his forehead, or his shirt sticking to his chest. You found it irritable and manly, and he used your weakness as an advantage. The two of you were planning on going out after this. It was the reason why you had invited him to come with you today. Normally you kept any outsiders away from your practices and you also didn’t want Jungkook to get too much tingled up with your work life. The fact that the two of you were colleagues was already a distraction sometimes. During award shows and broadcasts, or live shows. If he was there there’d always be a part of your head that wasn’t fully focussing on your job. But you thought it was ridiculous for him to sit around at home while you were here, so you invited him along. Your members liked him so you knew they wouldn’t mind. He had agreed without arguing, saying yes to every single agreement to spend some more time with you before his abroad schedule would start and wanting to have to see your new dance routine for a while now. 

 

“Maybe we should keep it more to the centre, instead of stretching it that much. The movement itself can be more powerful if we keep it small.” Amber said, repeating the dance move she was talking about. You watched her intently, and the six of you started to argue about what style was the best one to use in your upcoming comeback. It wasn’t easy, because you knew that you guys wanted to change to concept but you also wanted to remain the same. Yet, sometimes things had to be new and refreshing in order to stay exciting. Always sticking in the same kind of style could get quite boring after some time, besides, your fans were ready for a new challenge. You looked back down at Jungkook, watching him as he seemed to be typing something onto his phone. “What are the others doing tonight?” You asked as you wrapped your fingers around the lid of your water bottle and tried to open it. Jungkook looked up from his phone after hearing your question, saw you struggling and smiled. It was clear he was waiting for you to ask him for help, but you weren’t giving. After a while he chuckled, and stole the bottle from your hands, not listening to your complaints. “They’re staying in tonight, playing games. Probably ordering some chicken, or Jin might actually cook tonight. Who knows?” He said as he opened the lid with ease, handing the opened bottle back to you with a glint of amusement in his eyes. 

 

You muttered him a thanks before taking a big gulp, almost finishing half of the thing in one go. “Do you mind that you’re not there?” In other words, did he blame you for him being stuck here with a bunch of sweaty girls while he could be playing Overwatch? He had so little free time, you didn’t want to force him to do things he didn’t want to. But to your relief he shook his head and pocketed his phone, giving you his full attention. “No, you’re much more fun than a game, though, playing a game with you is even better.” You smiled at his words and reached out to ruffle his hair, but he avoided it carefully, instead grabbing your hand in his. You blushed as he gave your fingers a soft squeeze and pulled back, afraid the others might see and start teasing you. “How about I get showered real quick and I’ll meet you here when I’m done.” You suggested, though you didn’t like the thought of leaving him alone with the rest of the girls. They attempted to make him feel uncomfortable by asking him weird questions, not to forget that Jungkook always felt kind of freaked out around the other . You would never forget when you had first met the guys of BTS and he had literally tried to run away from you so that he wouldn’t have to talk to you. It had been weird, but cute to. 

 

“So, I can watch your dance rehearsal but I can’t watch that? That’s disappointing.” He lowered his voice so that the others wouldn’t be able to hear and you could feel your mouth forming a circle before you collided your hand with his shoulder. He laughed because of your shocked expression, but you couldn’t say that you were used to this by now. He could have a really dirty sense of humor. Even though he was the youngest one of the group, he surely wasn’t running much behind. He wasn’t as innocent as he looked. You were about to give him a snarky comment, making sure to turn his cheekbones bright red as Amanda gasped loudly and her phone crashes against the floor. Everyone inside of the room turned silent, eyeing the elder girl as to give you all an explanation. You were worried about that phone though, which was laying screen down on the ground. There was no way it could have surprised that crash without a scratch. Time for her to buy a new screen protector. You were shocked to see tears collide at the edges of her eyes and saw Jessica rush to her side. She didn’t cry often, being the leader of the group she was always the one to be strong. Whatever upset her, it must have been serious. In front of you, you could se Jungkook shifting uncomfortably on his chair, the situation was clearly making him feel uncomfortable. 

 

He usually felt uneasy if you cried. He always noted out that he had no idea what to say to you, afraid to only make things even worse. And even though you thought he was great at consoling you, you weren’t sure if he’d be good at doing the same for Amanda. “Ryan is outside. He wants to talk to me.” She said, and all of a sudden five pairs of shoulders seemed to tense, except for Jungkook’s. He simply looked up at you with big eyes, confused and lost. Ryan was Amanda’s ex-fiancee. Why she had ever been crazy enough to get engaged to a guy like him had always remained a mystery to you. You hadn’t liked him from the very start, thinking there was a strange aura surrounding him. You’d always felt extremely uncomfortable around him. He had never been supportive of her career, and had used every single chance he’d gotten to talk her down. You had never hidden your dislike for him, hiding him as much as you could. But you had never told her openly what you thought of him, not wanting to upset your friend. It was none of your business who she dated, but as soon as she had broken up with him a few weeks ago, you had been supportive of her decision. “You can’t go out there, he’ll only try to get inside of your head.” Elena said, taking your words out of your mouth. He wouldn’t be happy that she broke up with him and would try to talk her out of it. And as usual, she would probably give into him. 

 

“But if I won’t go out then he won’t leave. He’ll stay there until he sees me, but I’m scared. I don’t want to see him.” She blurred and the rest of you shot each other uncertain glances. You knew what kind of a person Ryan could be. If he was actually pissed because Amanda had broken up with here then he wouldn’t leave until he had fixed things and had put thing to his hand. And you all knew what he could be like when he was angry. It wouldn’t be the first time he would throw something through the room. You couldn’t let Amanda go out there, who knew what he would do to her. Yet, there was no one who seemed very jumpy about figuring out how to solve this situation. Right now you wished you had brought at least one of your staff members over today. You could call your manager and ask him to come over, but it would take at least thirty minutes for him to get here, if he was home to begin with. Calling the police would gain too much attention, besides, you weren’t even sure yet what Ryan’s intentions were. “I’ll go talk to him.” You said, no idea where the courage came from to say something like that. You didn’t want to go outside, and you surely didn’t want to face Amanda’s creepy ex fiancee. Ryan was very aware of the fact that you had never liked him, and he probably knew that you had supported Aman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter