When you're ill

Jungkook One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook’s eyes were dashing through the room, and he noticed his body was ready to react as soon as anything would give him a reason to. His feet was tapping on the tiles underneath his socks, and eventually his gaze locked on the electric device in front of him, waiting until the light would go out, which would indicate the water was boiling and hot.Taehyung, who was standing beside him, noticed his distress as he shifted from one foot onto the other. The past few days had been hard on them all, but they didn’t dare mentioning it, afraid it would cause their youngest member to loose his temper. It had come to the point they no longer knew what to say, and they avoided him instead. They all knew what was going on, they’d acknowledged the situation during these few days and they all knew the outcome wasn’t moving into the direction they wanted to. It didn’t evolve in a positive way and no one knew how much longer he’d be able to take it before he would snap and drag you towards a hospital, without your permission. “How is she?” Taehyung asked, as soon as the silence became more threatening than the tight muscles of his friend. 

He wished there was something he could do to help, but he also knew that if Jungkook couldn’t help you, he wouldn’t be able to do much better. He wondered if you knew how much all of this affected your boyfriend, if you knew how much he was suffering through all of this. “I don’t know, but she’s not looking good. She denies it all though. She makes it impossible for me to do something.” He muttered, and he had no idea if he had to be mad at you or himself. Sometimes he felt like blaming everyone around him, the whole world, just so he could release his anger and worry. The ticking of his foot stopped as soon as the kettle clicked softly, and silence filled the room as the light went out. Reaching forward Jungkook made sure not to burn his fingers as he emptied some of the water in a cup, and searched for the teabag he had prepared earlier. As usual he had boiled way too much water than necessary for a simply cup of tea. He emptied the rest in the sink and hissed when a few drops landed on the skin of his forearm, which was visible because of his rolled up sleeves. 

“She doesn’t seem to like it when I ask her how she’d doing.” Taehyung went on, watching the way the younger one moved around and suppress the need to rip the kettle out of his hands, so he wouldn’t hurt himself. Jungkook could be quite clumsy when he was annoyed, and his mind definitely was else wear as he dropped a sugar cube into the steaming liquid. Jungkook clacked his tongue in annoyance as he placed the kettle back onto the counter, reminding himself he should clean of his mess later on. First, he would check up on you, force you to drink this entire cup and he would ask you once more if there was anything he could do, just to have you tell him that you were fine. “No, she hates it when people baby her. She doesn’t like it when we worry about her, she says its suffocating.” He explained, and it wasn’t like he couldn’t understand. He knew what it was like, as the youngest one of the group he always had to deal with some of it himself. But the only reason why he was worried and why he was this protective over you was because he knew something was wrong and you weren’t willing to admit it. Until then, he wouldn’t leave your side and he surely wasn’t going to give up. 

“So she won’t go to the doctor?” Taehyung asked again, knowing it was a sensitive question. Right at the instant he could see Jungkook’s cheeks flare, red spots dancing along his skin as he wrapped his fingers around the mug, almost as if he was warming them. His teeth nibbled on his bottom lip as he thought about what to say. Taehyung already knew the answer, but he knew his friend hated to say it. Because he had hoped he would have been able to change your mind by now, and he still hadn’t succeeded. “No, she told me that she’s been to a few appointments before and they weren’t able to help her. She’s sick of it and she refuses to visit another doctor. I can’t force her to, but I wish she would give it at least one more shot.” He muttered and sighed deeply before brushing one of his hands through his hair. He remembered that he hadn’t even showered this morning, and he could definitely use one. his hair looked like a mess, and he was wearing the same clothes he had been seen in yesterday. The thing was that his own looks were on the bottom of his list of things to deal with right now. 

“I can tell she’d not okay, she’s in pain, she doesn’t eat well, she lost weight. The painkillers she got are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter